Where is the Christian compassion for immigrant children?

They are not invaders, they are seeking shelter and a better life.
They have entered our collective "home" in the dead of the night. Do you feed and house burglars?
They have stolen nothing. And what you believe belongs to you, if you have faith, doesn't...

They are stealing from all of us. They are stealing the fruits of our labor in the form of taxes to pay for health care, education, police and fire protection.

Luke 10:25-37New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

A local woman (mother of 2) was in an abusive relationship and needed a place to stay where she could gather enough money from her waitress pay to get into her own place. She needed a spot where it was unlikely she would be found, due to threats if she should leave. I opened my home to her 2 months ago. She'll likely be here another month or 2. She is the 4th such "project" I've undertaken in the last 4 years. Don't you dare talk to me about being a "good Samaritan" until you personally have provided room and board to someone for 40 of the last 54 months.

Demanding taxpayers foot the bill for your "largess" is not charity. I do all I can do without getting the government involved. Your turn.

Hey, Pee-Wee, why don't you sell that gay looking bike and you can even be a gooder samaritan.
Why don't you share your tipi with these "refugees? I'm doing my part. All you're doing is insisting I do more.

They have entered our collective "home" in the dead of the night. Do you feed and house burglars?
They have stolen nothing. And what you believe belongs to you, if you have faith, doesn't...

They are stealing from all of us. They are stealing the fruits of our labor in the form of taxes to pay for health care, education, police and fire protection.

Are you storing up treasures here, or in Heaven?

HELL YES!!!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!!! Here's the map to follow:

SBmap.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

Hey Tonto...recognize this

36_99072~theodore-de-bry_cruelty-of-the-spanish-colonists-towards-the-indians,-mexico,-c-1550.jpg

or this?

maltrato03.jpg

Perhaps when the HISPANICS arrived?

CoronadoNM_1.jpg

Are you, or are you NOT an Indian? You have any FEELINGS towards your people being killed BY HISPANICS for Mexico, and beyond?

Yep, I know the history.

columbus_illegal_big.jpg

Ah, NO...he was an explorer and DID NOT STAY HERE!

A local woman (mother of 2) was in an abusive relationship and needed a place to stay where she could gather enough money from her waitress pay to get into her own place. She needed a spot where it was unlikely she would be found, due to threats if she should leave. I opened my home to her 2 months ago. She'll likely be here another month or 2. She is the 4th such "project" I've undertaken in the last 4 years. Don't you dare talk to me about being a "good Samaritan" until you personally have provided room and board to someone for 40 of the last 54 months.

Demanding taxpayers foot the bill for your "largess" is not charity. I do all I can do without getting the government involved. Your turn.

Hey, Pee-Wee, why don't you sell that gay looking bike and you can even be a gooder samaritan.
Why don't you share your tipi with these "refugees? I'm doing my part. All you're doing is insisting I do more.

Whites have stolen everything they have. It's time to give some back.

How about all the people in your shaded area vote on whether to stay Americans or become Mexican.

So were the Hispanics, BUT UNLIKE COLUMBUS, THEY STAYED.... Is this that hard for you, or are you just in a mindset to have the last post?

Columbus made four voyages to the New World.

On which one did he decide to STAY HERE????:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

His 5th voyage,
Before he died he requested that his body be returned to the New World so he could be buried in his beloved Hispaniola and he has stayed ever since!!:D

Luke 10:25-37New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Ernie, what you have done to help this woman is a good thing, and in no way was I posting what Christ said in the good samaratan parable and directing it solely towards you or towards you at all.

And if you are a Christian, which i have no idea whether you are a follower of Christ or not, but those on this board that are Christians should not in any way be offended by posting the very Christ's words of the man and God that they say they follow That would be spitting in Christ's face, no?

So far, I haven'tseen any Christian on this site that is peturbed with this op's contention act like a Christian....or do anything, anything at all, that resembles what Christ has taught on this topic....

I can understand where fellow Christians are upset about this situation, our gvt is broke, we've already got millions of illegals here already, there are poor in this country that are Americans that could use more financial aid or have fallen through the cracks altogether, we have millions of Americans without jobs, you name it, the excuse is there, and valid excuses, all of them.....

However, helping these refuges IS the Christlike thing to do...what would Jesus do? What would he expect his deciples to do? To help them.

And I am not saying the only answer is to take these refugees in and make them citizens. Congress and the president and our south american diplomats and the gvtsinvolved need to work something out....

Our religious institutions need to give aid, the American people need to reach deep and help these people out....Clinton, Bush1 need to form a new charity, whatever it takes to help these people, Gates and Buffet And Hiltons and Soros and Koch's and Oprah's of America can help fund this instead of our gvt, but it is up to them to pony up and up to us to do the same...

the only solution to this mass refugee problem is for everyone to work TOGETHER, not make it partisan...

Where is the federal government that should be guarding our borders?

Damned right.

I could care less about a bunch of illegal children. They aren't the responsibility of anyone in the US.

As for our borders? Don't hold your breath. All those clowns in DC are angling for the Hispanic vote and could give shit one about how much these illegals cost the taxpayers of America.

The fence should have been built decades ago and any illegals caught should be on a three month work program here in the States. Work their asses off and then ship their asses home and shoot em if they try to cross again.

Shoot a few and the rest will get the picture.

Actually, Indians sold a lot of their land, like Manhattan, it was bought for some shiny trinkets. :D

Actually, Indians sold a lot of their land, like Manhattan, it was bought for some shiny trinkets. :D

That was only true in the European version of events.

Indian "ownership" of land has far different implications.

For the most part, Indians didn't believe they "owned" the land. They believed they were a part of it.

Central America and Mexico are more catholic than the USA where is their compassion?

Forum List

Back