Where was the outrage about John Kerry

When averaging lawmakers’ minimum and maximum potential wealth for 2009, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) tops the list with holdings exceeding $303.5 million. Issa (pictured right) is followed by a fellow Californian, Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.), with $293.4 million. Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) places third at $238.8 million.

Issa, Harman and Kerry realized wealth gains of nearly 21 percent, 19.8 percent and 14.3 percent respectively.​

But he's part of the 99%, don'tcha know. :lol:

Now Daveyboy, please give us a site where Kerry made the claim that he was part of the 99%. The President that did the most for the working man, FDR, was one of the 1%. Many of the 1% understand the present plight of the working man. But a much larger proportion do not, and don't care.
He MUST be one of the 99%...because you bozos sure aren't raking him over the coals about his wealth. :lol:

Please don't spoil his brilliant idea. He was really proud of himself, so much so he felt the need to start a thread. Now you've gone and ruined it....before it even reach a 2nd page.

Back to the drawing board Gadawg.

How is Kerry paying 13.1% of his income in taxes an "idea"?
This ought to be rich.

Ok, I'll try and explain this as if you were unable to rationalize this yourself.

Your "idea" was in reference to your comparison between Kerry and Romney and your "eureka" moment that said it would be a brilliant idea to compare the two of them and their tax rates.

What you failed to take in to the equation is their stances while running for president. One of them didn't run on cutting taxes further for the rich and one did. That's slightly important to the discussion.

Rich enough for you?

I never had an idea to begin with R2D2.
I posted a FACT.
What qualifies as "rich"?
The 250K that Obama uses? What?
Define "rich".

Wait. Did I miss something? When did Kerry propose reducing taxes on the rich???

Kerry has no clue about finance and economics so how could he?
He is a Democrat.
Haven't you heard? Money grows on trees.

Speaking of clueless.....how's your Reaganomics working out for the economy? :confused:

For those of us that work, do not collect 2 years of unemployment sitting on our asses expecting Papa government to wipe our ass very well thank you.

Wait. Did I miss something? When did Kerry propose reducing taxes on the rich???

Kerry has no clue about finance and economics so how could he?
He is a Democrat.
Haven't you heard? Money grows on trees.

Right. A moment ago you were whining about the fact he's so successful and yet only pays 13% on his income. So now that you're owned on the whole "hypocrisy" thing, you're flip-flopping and he has no clue on finances?

Uh, no,where was I ever whining about anyone being succesful?

That doesn't even make any sense.

You picked the wrong talking point. Look at your chart again.

kerry doesn't have to care about money as long as teresa is around.

he makes his money the old fashioned way; he marries it.

But if he votes to raise his income tax, it is his money that he is voting to tax more...oh, forget it, what's the point. We proved the other day that you are too stubborn to admit when you're wrong with the crap you post.

You folks are about as dumb as a box of rocks.
You could raise the tax rates to 100% on the wealthy and what do they do under THE CURRENT TAX CODE, a document that is 40 feet over your head R2D2?

They lobby for a tax deduction that EXEMPTS a certain portion of their income from ANY tax.
I love going to the bars and restaurants on K street in DC from 4-7 daily during happy hour. I can drink my fill and eat from the buffet for about $20 max. Why? K street is full of office buildings with special interest lobbyists that teach the wealthy how to shield most of their income NO MATTER WHAT THE TAX % IS.

Get it Moe? The TAX CODE needs to be changed. No matter how high you set the income tax those with $$$ will hire tax attorneys to lobby and/or find existing tax shelters to put their $$$.
Damn son, how the hell do you think we got wealthy to begin with?
FAIR TAX ends all those special interest tax loopholes over night.
But Democrats OPPOSE it because they want not change to the tax code. Why? If they changed the tax code politicians, Republicans included, could not buy votes.
But of course the moocher class does not vote Republican.

OK, Gadawg, I will most definately challenge on the statement "the Moocher class does not vote Republican". I do not consider myself a moocher. I am 68, still working as an industrial millwright in a steel mill. For most of my life, I have worked more than 40 hours a week, often exceeded 80 hours. Very little time unemployed. No complaints, I have made good money, and have had to skills to continually improve my lot by moving to new employers and industries when the wages I was working at were stagnant.

I do not vote Republican because the GOP has hocked it's soul to the religious right and the energy companies. The issues, or non-issues, really, of God, Guns, and Gays, has dominated the GOP agenda for the last two decades. Now that party is in deep denial of the fact of AGW, and the effects that we are already seeing. The militarist doctrine embraced by the last administration cost this nation dearly, and the total nonsense of a reduction of tax rates as we entered into two wars was insanity.

Look at the present rhetoric in this primary. Are these people capable of running this nation? Or will we get another 4 years like the 8 years of Bush?

We have had some extroidenery Republican Governors in Oregon. Men like Tom McCall. Where the hell are such men in the GOP today? Why are they not the people competing for the nomination instead of this group of clowns? The only person among the originals that was worthy of respect, and stated reality as it is was Huntsman. Even Romney denigrated and denied some of his best work to appease the wingnuts. That is not something that I can respect.

Gadawg, you are correct on the tax code. So, let's treat all income as equal. You take home a dollar, no matter what it's source, you pay the same tax as anyone else in that tax bracket. You inherit, you pay the same amount on that income, depending on the amount, as any other income.

That would be a good beginning.

OK, Gadawg, I will most definately challenge on the statement "the Moocher class does not vote Republican". I do not consider myself a moocher. I am 68, still working as an industrial millwright in a steel mill. For most of my life, I have worked more than 40 hours a week, often exceeded 80 hours. Very little time unemployed. No complaints, I have made good money, and have had to skills to continually improve my lot by moving to new employers and industries when the wages I was working at were stagnant.

I do not vote Republican because the GOP has hocked it's soul to the religious right and the energy companies. The issues, or non-issues, really, of God, Guns, and Gays, has dominated the GOP agenda for the last two decades. Now that party is in deep denial of the fact of AGW, and the effects that we are already seeing. The militarist doctrine embraced by the last administration cost this nation dearly, and the total nonsense of a reduction of tax rates as we entered into two wars was insanity.

Look at the present rhetoric in this primary. Are these people capable of running this nation? Or will we get another 4 years like the 8 years of Bush?

We have had some extroidenery Republican Governors in Oregon. Men like Tom McCall. Where the hell are such men in the GOP today? Why are they not the people competing for the nomination instead of this group of clowns? The only person among the originals that was worthy of respect, and stated reality as it is was Huntsman. Even Romney denigrated and denied some of his best work to appease the wingnuts. That is not something that I can respect.

I never said all Democrats are moocher class.
Coming from a military family where Dad was a Marine officer, and a Democrat, I totally agree with your militaristic point. Well said.
Tax rates are not the problem Never have been. Raise it as high as you like and those with $$ find shelters or do not invest.
Please answer this question. How is one ever taxed if they have a lot of $$$ and invest in nothing and just spend their capital?
They aren't and that is what happens when you raise capital gains taxes. Or they invest it overseas.
I watched Obama's speech last night. Where did he state what he was going to do to cut the deficit by decreasing spending.
We spend too much and the moocher class loves it. Do you know anyone that draws a disability check of any government check and has nothing really wrong with them?
We do and more than one. That is the problem, not the tax rate.
I am all for changing the tax code to STOP every American from shielding their $$ from taxation. How come Democrats oppose that?
The tax code and spending is the problem. You could tax everyone making 250K a year 100% of their income and it would not make a dent in the deficit.

How is Kerry paying 13.1% of his income in taxes an "idea"?
This ought to be rich.

Ok, I'll try and explain this as if you were unable to rationalize this yourself.

Your "idea" was in reference to your comparison between Kerry and Romney and your "eureka" moment that said it would be a brilliant idea to compare the two of them and their tax rates.

What you failed to take in to the equation is their stances while running for president. One of them didn't run on cutting taxes further for the rich and one did. That's slightly important to the discussion.

Rich enough for you?

I posted a FACT.
Define "rich".

Holy Fuck you're slow.

This is why our country is turning to shit. People such as yourself have a voice.

Gadawg, you are correct on the tax code. So, let's treat all income as equal. You take home a dollar, no matter what it's source, you pay the same tax as anyone else in that tax bracket. You inherit, you pay the same amount on that income, depending on the amount, as any other income.

But if you invest your dollar, you have ALREADY PAID TAX ON THAT. So when you make some $$, if you are lucky because a large % of investmens you LOSE $$$, why should you be taxed DOUBLE on that?
Capital gains taxes self destruct an economy as investment capital is not spent and that $$ goes where there are low or NO taxes.
Eliminate the capital gains tax and this economy would double in 5 years.

Rich enough for you?

I posted a FACT.
Define "rich".

Holy Fuck you're slow.

This is why our country is turning to shit. People such as yourself have a voice.

Great post there Moe. Your ecomonic points are noted.

kerry doesn't have to care about money as long as teresa is around.

he makes his money the old fashioned way; he marries it.

But if he votes to raise his income tax, it is his money that he is voting to tax more...oh, forget it, what's the point. We proved the other day that you are too stubborn to admit when you're wrong with the crap you post.

You could raise the tax rates to 100% on the wealthy and what do they do under THE CURRENT TAX CODE, a document that is 40 feet over your head R2D2?

They lobby for a tax deduction that EXEMPTS a certain portion of their income from ANY tax.
I love going to the bars and restaurants on K street in DC from 4-7 daily during happy hour. I can drink my fill and eat from the buffet for about $20 max. Why? K street is full of office buildings with special interest lobbyists that teach the wealthy how to shield most of their income NO MATTER WHAT THE TAX % IS.

Get it Moe? The TAX CODE needs to be changed. No matter how high you set the income tax those with $$$ will hire tax attorneys to lobby and/or find existing tax shelters to put their $$$.
But Democrats OPPOSE it because they want not change to the tax code. Why? If they changed the tax code politicians, Republicans included, could not buy votes.

We do agree that the tax code needs to be changed. But I'm guessing we have a difference of opinion of how it should be changed. If you're in agreement with Romney and that taxes need to be lowered for the wealthy and raised for the poor then well you're just another sheep.

We do agree that the tax code needs to be changed. But I'm guessing we have a difference of opinion of how it should be changed. If you're in agreement with Romney and that taxes need to be lowered for the wealthy and raised for the poor then well you're just another sheep.

The Bush tax cuts put 3 times more Americans OFF the Federal income tax roles, as as a result of that now 48% of all Americans pay NO Federal income tax, as it gave income tax cuts to the 250K and over Americans.
Now that is an undisputed fact.
And where has Romney advocated raising taxes on the poor?
Or anyone?

The top 1% of income earners pay 40% of ALL income taxes.
Ain't that enough?

Russia is the only other industrialized country that has a tax structure like that

I never thought we would be emulating Russia

Russia is the only other industrialized country that has a tax structure like that

I never thought we would be emulating Russia

Fraud and corruption is rampant in Russia.
Just like Washington!

So you support EVERYONE paying taxes?

Rich enough for you?

I posted a FACT.
Define "rich".

Holy Fuck you're slow.

Perhaps you should ask the government to round up conservatives and put them in camps.

Forum List

Back