Which Religion Has More To Offer Men?

Which One Offers Men More?

• Christianity?

• Islam?

Results are only viewable after voting.
For all the readers of this thread I would like the expose the completely 21st century premise of this thread:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

So this OP poster drives up to what he perceives as like a drive-through menu and says, hmmm, this one offers this, this one that, as if he is comparing differing job offers.

It just does not work that way. You do not approach the God of all that is, once you have found Him, and say, yeah, but how you gonna fill up my wish list in his here gig???

wow
Nah. Both religions say that the god that made me, made you. So they are talking about the same God. No choice in that, as it pertains to the OP. Religion itself is an entirely different animal. One that has real world implications, and social effects. Those are the considerations the OP has in mind when asking the question.

Three pages in, and it's clear to any reader of this thread till this point; that this simple question makes some people quite uncomfortable. Not one poster has taken it head on, and engaged the premise in it's clearly intended manner....

I find that fascinating...

It's not fascinating; you're asking the wrong question. It's like asking: I want an ice cream cone, where's the best brewery to get one.

I don't know. Do whatever you're not asking the right question in the first place.
It’s precisely the right question, and worded precisely as intended. I find it interesting that many posters wish a different question had been asked, or a similar question had been asked in a different way. Truly fascinatng...

What fast food restaurant should I go to for the best great wine?

That question is also worded exactly as intended. Now answer: the results will be fascinating

For all the readers of this thread I would like the expose the completely 21st century premise of this thread:

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

So this OP poster drives up to what he perceives as like a drive-through menu and says, hmmm, this one offers this, this one that, as if he is comparing differing job offers.

It just does not work that way. You do not approach the God of all that is, once you have found Him, and say, yeah, but how you gonna fill up my wish list in his here gig???

wow
Nah. Both religions say that the god that made me, made you. So they are talking about the same God. No choice in that, as it pertains to the OP. Religion itself is an entirely different animal. One that has real world implications, and social effects. Those are the considerations the OP has in mind when asking the question.

First things first. Allah and the Christian God are not even close to the same. You might start with the fact that Allah is monotheist and God is a Trinity.

Three pages in, and it's clear to any reader of this thread till this point; that this simple question makes some people quite uncomfortable. Not one poster has taken it head on, and engaged the premise in it's clearly intended manner....

It's not fascinating; you're asking the wrong question. It's like asking: I want an ice cream cone, where's the best brewery to get one.

I don't know. Do whatever you're not asking the right question in the first place.
It’s precisely the right question, and worded precisely as intended. I find it interesting that many posters wish a different question had been asked, or a similar question had been asked in a different way. Truly fascinatng...

That question is also worded exactly as intended. Now answer: the results will be fascinating
I see this question makes you uncomfortable. You aren’t the first...

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

wow

First things first. Allah and the Christian God are not even close to the same. You might start with the fact that Allah is monotheist and God is a Trinity.
Did the Christian god create the men, and women who are currently Muslim?

I'm not at all uncomfortable. You're just stopping in the wrong store. If you're looking for a self-centered life, do not choose religion at all. Most of the world does this and it works out perfectly well for them.

If anything I'm frustrated by how you're not getting this.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

wow

Yes.

This is not difficult.

I'm not at all uncomfortable. You're just stopping in the wrong store. If you're looking for a self-centered life, do not choose religion at all. Most of the world does this and it works out perfectly well for them.

I get it. You want to answer a question I didn’t ask, and I’m not playing along. I won’t follow you into the weeds simply because you may not like where you perceive this question is headed.
The question is simple. Both religions foster different customs, cultures, and behaviors. All of which are things a person takes into account before pursuing, or adhering to a belief system. As such, of the two; which one offers more to men in this mortal world as practiced by today’s adherents?

If you can’t, or won’t answer... That’s fine. If you’d prefer to pose a different question... start a thread. Thanks for your participation.

I get it. You want to answer a question I didn’t ask, and I’m not playing along. I won’t follow you into the weeds simply because you may not like where you perceive this question is headed.
The question is simple. Both religions foster different customs, cultures, and behaviors. All of which are things a person takes into account before pursuing, or adhering to a belief system. As such, of the two; which one offers more to men in this mortal world as practiced by today’s adherents?

If you can’t, or won’t answer... That’s fine. If you’d prefer to pose a different question... start a thread. Thanks for your participation.

Well now you are asking a significantly different question. As a reminder here is your OP question:

The idea of this thread being... If an Agnostic man was looking to take up religion; and decided to shop the idea around, between the two main contenders at the moment; Christianity, and Islam...
Which would have more to offer men? Which would be the better choice, and why? Which one do you think would best suit not only his immediate interests, but also his long term planning for his family, and generational progeny?

In the OP question you make it very much seem like the man has no convictions whatsoever, and is just absolutely out for personal gain. In that case, do what everyone else does: don't take one on. Or just go to church on Christmas and Easter for the "feel good"--whatever. But mostly, don't bother.

In the question you just asked however, if you are already compelled that one religion is probably, actually True--than yes, the customs, culture and behavior overall should have some impact on your decision. But this is not like "shopping an idea around". ???

I got to see up close and personal the hypocrites of the two holy cities. While in country they do what Allah tells them to, once the wheels are up and over the border , then the Islamic garb comes off, and the drinking begins. In Egypt they serve pork to foreigners who stay in the lavish hotels, guess who is there eating pork? The Saudis. They are the typical liberal types, "Do as they say, not as they do". Islam is 500 years behind the rest of the religions, these people wash their feet in sinks, and stand on the toilet to take a dump.

I got to see up close and personal the hypocrites of the two holy cities. While in country they do what Allah tells them to, once the wheels are up and over the border , then the Islamic garb comes off, and the drinking begins. In Egypt they serve pork to foreigners who stay in the lavish hotels, guess who is there eating pork? The Saudis. They are the typical liberal types, "Do as they say, not as they do". Islam is 500 years behind the rest of the religions, these people wash their feet in sinks, and stand on the toilet to take a dump.

It is absolutely a "works" religion-- a religion of "doing". However, to the OP's point, that's not a reason to cross it off your list if you're convinced it's true.

IOW religion makes vast claims about the world and who we are in it. If those claims are true, you would want to follow that God's precepts for living. If they're not true, there would be no reason to do so. So to wake up and say one day, "meh you know what, I'm gonna shop around for religions to see which one will be beneficial to my life as a man" is starting at the wrong place.

You have to start with the truth claims, and go from there.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

wow

Yes.

This is not difficult.
Muslims are glad you agree with them. So with the Deity issue mutually agreed upon by both groups; that leaves the religion. One can choose which religion to practice. One cannot choose their creator. So... Between the two choices Which religion offers more to men?

Last edited:

"They are the typical liberal types,"

typical deranged moronicon. always accusimg liberals of their own crimes.

typical scumbag conservatives. Always blaming liberals for everything. Never taking responsibility for their own bad behavior.

Typical POS conservative.

Conservatives are just as guilty of hypocrisy as any liberals.

cons stink.

cons are fascist scum

Pertinent to my post #171--here is a Truth claim in Islam: God is love, and God is One. However, how is that possible? That is a contradiction. Islam posits, like Christianity, that before creation God was--God is eternal. If He is love, who did he love? Love needs an object. Otherwise there IS no love.

The Triune God of Christianity has no such dichotomy. God the Three in One was perfectly able to love before creation. God is, in fact, love.

That is just one reason I believe Islam is but a copy of Christianity.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

wow

Yes.

This is not difficult.
Muslims are glad you agree with them. So with the Deity issue mutually agreed upon by both groups; that leaves the religion. On can choose which religion to practice. One cannot choose their creator. So... Between the two choices Which religion offers more to men?

K if you're just going to shove words in my mouth i did not say we're done here. Quite frankly you're very satisfied with what you know but you obviously know little, and that's the truth. I don't put up with that for long.

PS We do not agree. Muslims are wrong. There is no Allah. He is monotheistic. The Christian God is Triune.

Well now you are asking a significantly different question. As a reminder here is your OP question:

The idea of this thread being... If an Agnostic man was looking to take up religion; and decided to shop the idea around, between the two main contenders at the moment; Christianity, and Islam...
Which would have more to offer men? Which would be the better choice, and why? Which one do you think would best suit not only his immediate interests, but also his long term planning for his family, and generational progeny?

In the OP question you make it very much seem like the man has no convictions whatsoever, and is just absolutely out for personal gain. In that case, do what everyone else does: don't take one on. Or just go to church on Christmas and Easter for the "feel good"--whatever. But mostly, don't bother.

In the question you just asked however, if you are already compelled that one religion is probably, actually True--than yes, the customs, culture and behavior overall should have some impact on your decision. But this is not like "shopping an idea around". ???
The purpose of the subject making the decision being agnostic is to remove preconceived bias for or against, one or the other. The effect on his mortal life is what this newfound deist is pondering. As such he’s looking at the two and trying to assess which will have the greatest benefit to him, who is a man; and the fulfillment of his interests, and the perpetuation, success, and fulfillment of his progeny.

no its not and youre a fucking pot stirring prick

Yes.

This is not difficult.
Muslims are glad you agree with them. So with the Deity issue mutually agreed upon by both groups; that leaves the religion. On can choose which religion to practice. One cannot choose their creator. So... Between the two choices Which religion offers more to men?

K if you're just going to shove words in my mouth i did not say we're done here. Quite frankly you're very satisfied with what you know but you obviously know little, and that's the truth. I don't put up with that for long.

PS We do not agree. Muslims are wrong. There is no Allah. He is monotheistic. The Christian God is Triune.
Quibbling over the inherent nature of God, is an entirely different discussion than the existence of god. Both religions concede that they have the same creator. So that’s settled between them.

Actually, there are many liberal "Christian" churches that cater to people as such as this. These are the hypocrites who give Christianity a bad name. I call them CINOs

I never took him as a tard, but he is in this area.

The purpose of the subject making the decision being agnostic is to remove preconceived bias for or against, one or the other. The effect on his mortal life is what this newfound deist is pondering. As such he’s looking at the two and trying to assess which will have the greatest benefit to him, who is a man; and the fulfillment of his interests, and the perpetuation, success, and fulfillment of his progeny.

To what end, then? To when end is he "assessing which will have the greatest benefit to him"?

You should realize you cannot convert to Christianity on that premise. You might decide to live a Christian life on the outside, but I'm not sure why.

Forum List

Back