White Fort Worth Police Officer Fatally Shoots Black Woman Inside Her Home

Officer resigns to keep from being fired. Now we follow to see what the charges against him will be.

Given Amber Guyger was just convicted about 30 miles east for shooting a man in his own home....I'd say murder is definitely on the table.
White cops are in an impossible position
NOT shooting to death the person you've been sent to do a welfare check on isn't an 'impossible position'.

Its part of the job.

Officer resigns to keep from being fired. Now we follow to see what the charges against him will be.
I'd guess manslaughter because he was on duty as a cop. But I could be wrong. They may want to make an example of him. However, I don't jump to a conclusion like the race-baiters here do because I was not there and have not seen the evidence.

Given Amber Guyger was just convicted about 30 miles east for shooting a man in his own home....I'd say murder is definitely on the table.
NOT shooting to death the person you've been sent to do a welfare check on isn't an 'impossible position'.

Its part of the job.
I was not there so its possible that the officer overreacted

But he could have just as easily been shot to death by a crackhead

And that accounts for 2 of the 3 possible outcomes

He defense will be how poorly he was trained at the academy, since he has been on the job less than 2 years

It wasn't murder. She wouldn't comply and put her hands up when told. That was pure justification to put her down.

She had only 1 second to comply, not enough time for anyone to put their hands up. The cop yelling from outside the house must have also been confusing to her and not very clear.

Agreed. She didn't have time to comprehend who it was out side telling her "hands up" she only had less than one second. How the F was she even supposed to comply? It's understandable that cops should be cautious at 2 AM in the morning but.... how can it not go through this cop's mind that although there is a chance there might be a perp nearby.... there is also a greater chance that the Home Owner or a kid might also be present? How a cop can fire so quickly through a window into someones house i don't understand, other than he was afraid.

He also never identified himself as a cop. She looked out and saw a flashlight shining in her eyes, and heard someone say "let me see your hands", and then she died.
She told you this?

The video of the bodycam that was released and the testimony.

I say this shooting is absolutely justified. The taxpayers will be saved money from playing future generational welfare and SSI payments to the black woman she would have eventually got on.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236067328.html

Body cam footage of the shooting!

Atatiana Jefferson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Absolute horseshit! The woman had a degree from Xavier Univ, worked as a pharmaceutical salesperson, and had moved into her mother's house to take care of her ailing mother. Did all the right things. And then shot thru the window?

I have no problem giving the police the benefit of the doubt, but this was murder.
It wasn't murder. She didn't comply and put her hands up when told too. Also yes, it doesn't matter if she had a degree from Xavier. She no matter what would have got on welfare, or her kids would have. It's genetically bred into them that they apply for it no matter what the circumstances are in their lives.

Man.

That's really fucked up.

And if she were made of superhero material, she wouldn't have been able to comply with his order to raise her hands before he decided to shoot.

That cop did everything wrong and he murdered an innocent woman.

Its part of the job.
I was not there so its possible that the officer overreacted

But he could have just as easily been shot to death by a crackhead

And that accounts for 2 of the 3 possible outcomes

The lady was unarmed, in her own home. So, no...he could not have 'just as easily been shot to death by a crackhead'.

And the cop resigning before he could be fired, while under a criminal investigation should be a clear indication that the cop did indeed over react.

He defense will be how poorly he was trained at the academy, since he has been on the job less than 2 years
No it won't. It will be that he thought she had a gun and he was in fear for his safety. The police academy drills the shot don't shoot scenarios into their heads. Only an incompetent lawyer would go with your defense.

No it won't. It will be that he thought she had a gun and he was in fear for his safety. The police academy drills the shot don't shoot scenarios into their heads. Only an incompetent lawyer would go with your defense.

The lawyers defending Amber Guyger went with the hail mary of the 'Castle Doctrine' for her shooting to death of an unarmed man in HIS own apartment.

So you never know.

The lawyers defending Amber Guyger went with the hail mary of the 'Castle Doctrine' for her shooting to death of an unarmed man in HIS own apartment.

So you never know.
That was stupid. I'd think that a person should know when they are in their own home or not.

Its part of the job.

I find it interesting how everyone is focused on what the officer could have done differently, but hardly anyone is talking about what the lady should have done differently.

A) Why didn't she shut her door?
B) Why was she up at 2:30 in the morning? That is suspicious. People need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
C) When she heard a noise why didn't she call the police to ensure there were no police in the area before she investigated the noise? We put signs up that warn people to call before digging. This should be treated the same.
D) Why was she sneaking around in her backroom with the lights off knowing that there is possibility there could be police in her backyard?
E) Why didn't she turn on the lights in the room and approach the windows with her arms up in case there were police around?

The last one is particularly important. Whenever I approach any windows in my house I make sure my hands are clearly visible and that I am not holding anything that could be viewed as or used as a weapon. In doing so I know that if there is a police officer near by then I won't have to worry about being threatening to him. That should be a citizens primary concern when in public or even when home and making themselves visible to the public in cases such as looking out a window or door. This also applies when driving or walking by police officers. Put your hands in the air and don't make any sudden moves that might frighten the officer who is just trying to do his job. We have zero respect for authority in this country, and as such the police officers live on edge constantly. Yet somehow we blame them when they shoot us because we couldn't act like decent civilized people. The police every right to view every citizen as a threat, because the majority of us are a threat. Just use common sense and this will stop happening.

Its part of the job.

I find it interesting how everyone is focused on what the officer could have done differently, but hardly anyone is talking about what the lady should have done differently.

B) Why was she up at 2:30 in the morning? That is suspicious. People need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
C) When she heard a noise why didn't she call the police to ensure there were no police in the area before she investigated the noise? We put signs up that warn people to call before digging. This should be treated the same.
D) Why was she sneaking around in her backroom with the lights off knowing that there is possibility there could be police in her backyard?
E) Why didn't she turn on the lights in the room and approach the windows with her arms up in case there were police around?

Not a thing on that list is worthy of being shot to death.

She was unarmed, in her own home, and shot to death by a man who was sent to check on her welfare.

Its part of the job.

The last one is particularly important. Whenever I approach any windows in my house I make sure my hands are clearly visible and that I am not holding anything that could be viewed as or used as a weapon. In doing so I know that if there is a police officer near by then I won't have to worry about being threatening to him. That should be a citizens primary concern when in public or even when home and making themselves visible to the public in cases such as looking out a window or door. This also applies when driving or walking by police officers. Put your hands in the air and don't make any sudden moves that might frighten the officer who is just trying to do his job. We have zero respect for authority in this country, and as such the police officers live on edge constantly. Yet somehow we blame them when they shoot us because we couldn't act like decent civilized people. The police every right to view every citizen as a threat, because the majority of us are a threat. Just use common sense and this will stop happening.
You weren't there. I get up all the time in the middle of the night. I don't need a reason to be up in my house! STFU ya progressive troll sock.

That sentiment that you expressed there is why pretty much every American is a threat to police officers. We're literally all passive insurgents. Even I find myself being on the wrong side of the law & order, but at least I quickly correct myself before I get myself killed for doing something stupid like not showing my hands when police are near by.

That sentiment that you expressed there is why pretty much every American is a threat to police officers. We're literally all passive insurgents. Even I find myself being on the wrong side of the law & order, but at least I quickly correct myself before I get myself killed for doing something stupid like not showing my hands when police are near by.

Leaving your door open isn't an act of 'passive insurgency'. Nor is walking around your own home.

A person need have no reason to do any of what was on your list. A cop most definitely MUST have a reason, and a damn good one, to take someone's life.

Its part of the job.

I can only guess the answers to your questions.

A) She was unaware the door was open?
B) She was up because she wanted to be? Or couldn't sleep?
C) If I hear a noise, I am not calling the police until I look outside to make sure it isn't something simple.
D) There was no reason for her to think there were police in her backyard. Is that your first assumption if you hear a noise? That is called paranoia. And if she had the lights off it is because it makes it harder to see inside.
E) Raise her hands in case there were cops? It is my house. I assume I am king of my own castle. I do not simply surrender because I heard a noise.

Get killed for something stupid like looking out my window into my own backyard? You really yearn for a police state, don't you?

Its part of the job.

Please spare us more of you idiotic posts.

Forum List

Back