White privilege does not mean you've had a privileged life

The concept of "white privilege" is complete bullshit...

Lets just be honest about it, its a leftist construct to further division just like the concept of "race" is. We are all human beings, there is not a different species of humans from one to another. So lets just put a fork in this stupid bullshit.

I can't deny that I have seen shit that some blacks had to tolerate that I would not have had to in the same circumstance, specifically interactions with police, but that is not because of something white people did, it's because of shit black people did. Police are not trained to focus on black people, they learn that from black people. There are a lot of black cops who don't hesitate to arrest blacks because they're past the bullshit.
Almost everything in your comment is inaccurate starting with ".... complete bullshit" but "particularly the part where you "...it's not because of something white people did, it's because of shit black people did".

There are white people who have admitted that it's been ingrained in them their entire lives that they are superior to black people, even those who are not overtly racist. ....

That some whites agree with you, is not an argument in favor of your position.

I don't think there are that many white people who are that fragile about race, maybe she is but I dunno. Fragility to me equates to guilt, and I don't feel guilty at all. It's not my fault I was born with this color of skin, any more than anyone else for the color of their's. The world has always been a place of privilege for some but not others and it's not always about race either
So this is where the conversation pretty much always goes off the rails. YOU associate fragility with guilt but no one accused you of anything unless you consider the facts of your birth as an accusation.

That's why I said in my previous post, that anytime the subject comes up many white people immmediately get defensive, like they've been called a wife beater or something.

So let me ask you this. If you were born into a very affluent family, through doing of your own, you wouldn't be able to see how being wealthy is advantage to you compared to someone who was born into poverty? If you can understand the difference in a situation that involves wealth, how is it that you cannot see the difference when it comes to race?

Privilege, particularly white privilege does not imply that you've lived a privileged life. The biggest thing it means to me personally, and presumably to many other black people is that as a white person they have not not had to live with all the pains, penalties, hardships and animosity that is inherent to being born black in a country that has been hostile to us from day one.

Another thing that many white don't understand is that just because we're cognizant of the history of our nation and the heinous and hatred nature of the racism that was legally sanctioned, most of us are not bitter about it or angry, that is until something like what happened to George Floyd occurs because it reignites all of the bad feelings from the past in addition to adding a new outrage on top of the continually growing pile of insults and injury in the form of dead bodies. And particularly when our legal system comes back and says that the killing was justified. Again.

So, would you trade your life with that of an average non-celebrity, non-sports figure black person if you could?

What I was saying to TN had nothing to do with privilege. It was about the destructive cycle of generational poverty. White privilege is actually very simple, exactly what Frank said. Yes, white folks can be poor, too. Have hard lives. BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR.
FALSE! It most certainly IS BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR. It is EXACTLY because of that. Even after everything that has been said to you in this thread about AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, you still don't get it. Are you dense ?

Elderly white people like myself (I'm 74) have had our whole lives reduced immensely because of racist AA discrimination. I got taken out of a professional career that I should have been in, which would have paid me 3 times what I earned in all the lower paying jobs I did. Even now in retirement, my Social Security is 1/3 what it would/should have been.
You're not even WHITE so why are you whining about this again?

I don't think there are that many white people who are that fragile about race, maybe she is but I dunno. Fragility to me equates to guilt, and I don't feel guilty at all. It's not my fault I was born with this color of skin, any more than anyone else for the color of their's. The world has always been a place of privilege for some but not others and it's not always about race either
So this is where the conversation pretty much always goes off the rails. YOU associate fragility with guilt but no one accused you of anything unless you consider the facts of your birth as an accusation.

That's why I said in my previous post, that anytime the subject comes up many white people immmediately get defensive, like they've been called a wife beater or something.

When you call someone "Fragile" you are accusing them of being "fragile".

And, it is a precursor to dismissing their pov on the issue(s) and their valid issues.

Your pretense otherwise, is an insult to our intelligence.

AND of course, calling us "racist" is seconds away.

You're not even WHITE so why are you whining about this again?
My maternal grandmother was born in Germany. My maternal grandfather and my mother were born in Denmark. My paternal great-great grandfather was born in Corsica, emigrated to British Honduras (now called Belize), and then emigrated to the US. Only my paternal grandmother is a native Central American.

I am 3/4 Caucasion biologically. 1/2 Caucasion culturally since both of my paternal grandparent spoke Spanish, as I do also.

And if you had read my posts in this thread, and some others, you wouldn't have to ask the question you just did. You would know that some AA programs give preference only to blacks, with ALL OTHER RACES being discriminated against, as was the case in 1977, when AA destroyed the rest of my life, and many others also.

On some occasions, when I lived in California, I had been told (especially since I speak Spanish), that I could get preference if I chose "Hispanic" on the AA questionairre. I wouldn't be caught dead, lowering myself to that level. I never have and never will.

As for "whining" it is the George Floyd protestors and rioters who are doing the whining, and they're doing it BIG-TIME.

Last edited:
. Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans and women all need to be given leadership opportunities
Sure. And in America, they HAVE those leadership opportunities by applying for those positions same as anyone else. They have equal opportunity, without affirmative action, and without discriminating against whites, and with integrity and self-respect.

So let me ask you this. If you were born into a very affluent family, through doing of your own, you wouldn't be able to see how being wealthy is advantage to you compared to someone who was born into poverty? If you can understand the difference in a situation that involves wealth, how is it that you cannot see the difference when it comes to race?

Privilege, particularly white privilege does not imply that you've lived a privileged life. The biggest thing it means to me personally, and presumably to many other black people is that as a white person they have not not had to live with all the pains, penalties, hardships and animosity that is inherent to being born black in a country that has been hostile to us from day one.

Another thing that many white don't understand is that just because we're cognizant of the history of our nation and the heinous and hatred nature of the racism that was legally sanctioned, most of us are not bitter about it or angry, that is until something like what happened to George Floyd occurs because it reignites all of the bad feelings from the past in addition to adding a new outrage on top of the continually growing pile of insults and injury in the form of dead bodies. And particularly when our legal system comes back and says that the killing was justified. Again.

So, would you trade your life with that of an average non-celebrity, non-sports figure black person if you could?

Oh I can see the difference alright, but I'm not going to take responsibility for it. The BLM people and many in politics an the media throw the accusation of racism around pretty freely, and don't try to tell me they aren't trying to assign guilt to any white person who isn't supportive of their political agenda. I am well aware of the favoritism and discrimination that minorities have faced and still face today, albeit not quite as pronounced as it used to be. The truth is that almost from the get-go of civilization some people are born into privilege and some people ain't. And it wasn't always due to race either. So you can piss and moan about it or you can go about your business trying to make life better for you and those who will follow you.

Well boo-hoo, life's a bitch isn't it? When are you going to do something meaningful about it? Hint: rioting and looting isn't really meaningful, and BTW the hostility runs both ways.

Good to know you're not bitter or angry about it. I assume you realize that most of those dead bodies were killed by other black people, right? Why aren't you more focused on that? Tell me about how bad the legal system is when you continually vote to keep the same people in office that are not doing anything about the bad cops. The same people who aren't doing anything that is effective for your schools. Or your communities. Whose fault is it when your kids aren't home studying and doing their school work instead of outside doing whatever they do? Whose fault is it when in so many black families the father ain't there? Or that the mothers are still teenagers?

Bitching about the past is not going to help you one bit. And it doesn't look to me like anyone else is going to help the black community fix the problems they face today. So if I were you I'd stop complaining about the history of our nation and the heinous nature of racism and instead start doing what you can do to give your kids a better chance in life than you had. And here's a thought: stop trying to pass counterfeit $20 bills or do illegal stuff that gets the attention of the cops. Yes, I know sometimes you get their attention anyway cuz you're black. Did I mention that life's bitch? Don't make it worse by putting up a fight n for God's sake keep your kids out in the open so they don't think you're reaching for a gun. Just STFU and do as you're told.

Last edited:
Think there is white privilege? Be a white person and go to Wal Mart. All the blacks in there ignore you like you don't exist. You have the privilege of being ignored and treated like crap because you ain't black like you spose to be.

Forum List

Back