Who and/or What Are Establishment Republicans?

You're no authority on ConLaw. In fact/reality, not even the Supreme Court has been capable of coming to an agreement on many issues.

As for spending our way out of debt, that comment suggests you haven't given a thought to the issue.

Some cuts provide a cost-benefit, others create a cost-deficit (hence my comment on patching the roof). Thus ideology once again creates and impasse on a rational discussion on how best to govern.

Im an expert on Right and Wrong. That supercedes ConLaw.

By rational discussion you mean debate and compromise, two IRRATIONAL concepts.

Letting people legally smoke weed will not allow "criminals and the deranged" to run society.

Government isn't there to let you control people doing things you don't like, unless there is a compelling government interest.

Letting people smoke weed is the very definition of letting the criminals and deranged run society.

You are rigtt.... GUNS and the willingness to use them are what allows us to control people, not Government.

Letting people legally smoke weed will not allow "criminals and the deranged" to run society.

Government isn't there to let you control people doing things you don't like, unless there is a compelling government interest.

Letting people smoke weed is the very definition of letting the criminals and deranged run society.

You are rigtt.... GUNS and the willingness to use them are what allows us to control people, not Government.

On your first statement, no, weed is not the devil herb it is made out to be. Again, YOU thinking its icky is not a reason to ban it. Weed bans create more problems then they solve. kind of like gun bans.

and your second point only relates to people of a certain mental state. Most law abiding people obey the law because 1) they believe in it and 2) their nature.

So, essentially, people with some sense and willingness to compromise for the sake of the country as a whole. What demons.

From your philosophical POV, yes. Some of ys have a better definition of common sense and realize that Compromise, like Debate, is a worthless concept that doesn't lead anywhere useful.
Compromise is a worthless concept? You must live in a hellish world.

The trouble is that in DC " compromise " generally means funding my pork-barrel projects if I fund yours.....thats not really what common folks are thinking when they use the word compromise.

This seems to be the hot term these days, but can anyone define it?

If so, please do.

Also, who are the Establishment Republicans in office? How about in the media? Can we get some names?

Establishment Republicans are moderate/centrist legislators who have all too often sided with Liberal Democrats rather than standing for Conservative ideals. The term is similar to RINO and means close to the aame thing.

The vast majority, anf almost entirety of the non-Tea Party Republican majority in Washington meet these criteria.
So, essentially, people with some sense and willingness to compromise for the sake of the country as a whole. What demons.
There is problem your statement. Republicans are always the ones compromising. Democrats never compromise. It's BS.

How long have you been challenged by reality (since your first brainwash, I suppose)?

The trouble is that in DC " compromise " generally means funding my pork-barrel projects if I fund yours.....thats not really what common folks are thinking when they use the word compromise.

Exactly. We need some "political vegetarians" who won't toich pork with a ten foot pole.

If so, please do.

Also, who are the Establishment Republicans in office? How about in the media? Can we get some names?

Finally, do we have any local Establishment Republicans here on USMB, self-proclaimed or otherwise?

I'm looking for some clarity here.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Seems to me the lines are drawn by the Freedom Caucus. Which is good, because trying to use the Tea Party as a line of demarcation didn't seem to work.

If you're a Republican and you annoy the Freedom Caucus or think they go too far, you're an Establishment RINO.

Starkey is an Establishment Republican, which is to say he unites with the Democrats to destroy the USA
I thought you guys have been swearing that Starkey isn't, and never was, a Republican. What changed?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

That's what I mean, for all intents and purposes, an Establishment Republican is a progressive

no no no, Establishment Republican is one who despises his constituents. A Cobb county Republican, who runs and wins on being fiscally responsible but ends up giving a massive handout to billionaires for a sports stadium.

in short .... a liar

On your first statement, no, weed is not the devil herb it is made out to be. Again, YOU thinking its icky is not a reason to ban it. Weed bans create more problems then they solve. kind of like gun bans.

and your second point only relates to people of a certain mental state. Most law abiding people obey the law because 1) they believe in it and 2) their nature.

Marijuana creates an altered mental state and should not be allowed for yse outside of direct medical supervision. Just like alcohol and most pain medication.

That mental state us called Consrrvatism and it's the only thing left thst might save this worthless nation's ass.

Marijuana creates an altered mental state and should not be allowed for yse outside of direct medical supervision. Just like alcohol and most pain medication.

That mental state us called Consrrvatism and it's the only thing left thst might save this worthless nation's ass.

No, hell no, stay out of my business.

See my sig for my views on that.

If so, please do.

Establishment Republicans are moderate/centrist legislators who have all too often sided with Liberal Democrats rather than standing for Conservative ideals. The term is similar to RINO and means close to the aame thing.

The vast majority, anf almost entirety of the non-Tea Party Republican majority in Washington meet these criteria.
There is problem your statement. Republicans are always the ones compromising. Democrats never compromise. It's BS.

How long have you been challenged by reality (since your first brainwash, I suppose)?
Fuck you. I'm not stupid so if that's all you have to say just ignore me and move on to call the next person stupid.

If so, please do.

Fuck you. I'm not stupid so if that's all you have to say just ignore me and move on to call the next person stupid.

If so, please do.

It what you define as crime. Defining everything as a crime only leads to more government power. conservative statism is just as bad as progressive statism.

Making "everything I don't like" criminal plays into the hands of people that want government to control every little thing we do.

Making nothing a crime leads to Anarchy and the dissolution of Government. Thst doesn't help snything either.

When Society has ceased enforcing even basic morals and values and religion is no longer accepted as a proper authority, then only Government is left to save Society from itself.

Religion is a proper authority? Please elaborate, include the execution of Christ, the Crusades, the Insurrections, Sharia Law and other manifest horrors like the Salem Witch trials and human sacrifice.

You're no authority on ConLaw. In fact/reality, not even the Supreme Court has been capable of coming to an agreement on many issues.

As for spending our way out of debt, that comment suggests you haven't given a thought to the issue.

Some cuts provide a cost-benefit, others create a cost-deficit (hence my comment on patching the roof). Thus ideology once again creates and impasse on a rational discussion on how best to govern.

Im an expert on Right and Wrong. That supercedes ConLaw.

By rational discussion you mean debate and compromise, two IRRATIONAL concepts.

And Authoritarianism is rational?

If so, please do.

I have my doubts that the vast majority is in tune with liberal or progressive Democrats. And anyone who finds Objectivism and fiscal conservatism sane and safe is a fool. Fiscal responsibility is needed, not patching the roof is insane.

Fiscal responsibility is needed, not patching the roof is insane.

Last year the Feds spent over $3.5 trillion.
If you can't patch the roof for less than that, you're probably using union labor.

Don't try to be glib, you've proved you're not thoughtful enough. It's all about priorities and making pragmatic decisions - not policy based on dogmatic ideologies.

Don't try to be glib,

You mean like comparing a $3.5 trillion government with patching a roof? Thanks for the tip, Sparky.

If so, please do.

I'm not willfully ignorant, so I won't ignore you. I don't ignore Stephanie or CrusaderFrank or the other dozen or so others whose ignorance - some willful, others congenital - provide humor and on going evidence of the foolishness that hoi polloi conservatives believe.

If so, please do.

I have my doubts that the vast majority is in tune with liberal or progressive Democrats. And anyone who finds Objectivism and fiscal conservatism sane and safe is a fool. Fiscal responsibility is needed, not patching the roof is insane.

Fiscal responsibility is needed, not patching the roof is insane.

Last year the Feds spent over $3.5 trillion.
If you can't patch the roof for less than that, you're probably using union labor.

Don't try to be glib, you've proved you're not thoughtful enough. It's all about priorities and making pragmatic decisions - not policy based on dogmatic ideologies.

Don't try to be glib,

You mean like comparing a $3.5 trillion government with patching a roof? Thanks for the tip, Sparky.

I'll simplify it for you simon:

The roof left leaking will eventually destroy the furnishings within the house, and the walls, floor and windows; soon the entire structure will be destroyed and need a complete and expensive rebuild. Not patching the roof timely is an example of how cutting costs can be more costly in the future.

Now, even that may be too abstract for you, suffice it to point out that this is the kick the can down the road of Congress under the leadership (lol) of the Republicans.

Forum List

Back