Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaza takes on Cannes film festival

Gaza-rolls-out-the-red-carpet-for-film-festival-Featured-1024x683.jpg

Gaza is a place of limitation. Yet, once in a while, a ray of optimism (or at least escapism) breaks through the decade-long blockade.

Friday 12 May saw a 100-metre long red carpet rolled out for the annual Festival of Human Rights Films in Gaza City Port where over 40 films were shown over the weekend.

Gaza’s main port was transformed into a film fest extravaganza where thousands of residents had the chance to strut their stuff down a red carpet.

Gaza takes on Cannes film festival

Mohammed Qraiqae

62391b-700x.jpg

He has been called the "Picasso of Palestine" - but the teenager, who rejects this title, deserves it nonetheless. Mohammed Qraiqae uses art to channel the suffering and pain he experienced growing up under constant threat from Israeli soldiers and bombs in Gaza.

His art has been featured across the United States, and he's already met with politicians and leaders from around the world, helping raise global awareness through art about the suffering of his people.

"I am [a] quiet boy and reflect my madness only in my paintings," Qraiqae told Middle East Eye in 2016.

Taking up drawing at the tender age of 5, Qraiqae pursued his passion despite shelling, airstrikes, and the daily reality of living under Israeli occupation.

Our list of the top 20 Arab activists for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back