Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two ways to counter her arguments besides discounting her use of "colonial".

There is the easy way which is to point to the website of Jadaliyya where Ms. Erekat serves as co-editor. I signed up to receive its newsletter but I had to note I reside in "palestine" (yes, with a small P) which is not a country nor a state but a region.

Why?

Well, Israel isn't listed:

Not nice.

And she complains about Israel, which is a real state? I hope I'm updated.

The second way, as she lectures in law, is to be a bit more serious.

In rejecting UNGA 181, the Arabs rejected the establishment of an Arab state in Palestine. They also declared war against the nascent state of Israel and hostilities began on November 30. In doing so, the violated UN resolutions. What did they expect would result from all this? That they would win even if they lost?

(full article online)

My Right Word: Professor Erekat, Where'd "Israel" Go?
Sour grapes from another Israeli propaganda site.

Sour grapes from an Islamist terrorist hugger.

There are two ways to counter her arguments besides discounting her use of "colonial".

There is the easy way which is to point to the website of Jadaliyya where Ms. Erekat serves as co-editor. I signed up to receive its newsletter but I had to note I reside in "palestine" (yes, with a small P) which is not a country nor a state but a region.

Why?

Not nice.

In rejecting UNGA 181, the Arabs rejected the establishment of an Arab state in Palestine. They also declared war against the nascent state of Israel and hostilities began on November 30. In doing so, the violated UN resolutions. What did they expect would result from all this? That they would win even if they lost?

(full article online)

Doesn't bother me any. They can make fools of themselves all they want.

Why?

Not nice.

(full article online)

Doesn't bother me any. They can make fools of themselves all they want.

Palestine: Fake Roman name for Jews’ land. “Palestinians” do not exist

Attachments

• 70C01FF2-2FA1-4E42-830A-D09AFF47391F.png
    70C01FF2-2FA1-4E42-830A-D09AFF47391F.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Two Stanford administrators present -- Nanci Howe, associate dean and director of student affairs, and Snehal Naik, assistant dean and associate director of student affairs -- not only nodded approvingly at the walk-out, but actively aided it, first by denying entry to many students who actually wanted to attend the event, and then by not allowing them to enter after the walkout, despite the fact that the auditorium was largely empty. They also forbade the hosts from live-streaming the talk on the Internet.

• The reason for having to smear Robert Spencer was clear. Portraying him as someone who has led to the killing of Muslims was the way to try to have him banned from the campus, without abandoning the principle of free speech. Yet no student or faculty member produced a shred of evidence linking Spencer to violence against Muslims at Stanford or anywhere else. All they were able to produce as "proof" of Spencer's incitement was the same libelous blurb on the Southern Poverty Law Center website.

• What De Leon, Najaer, Beckman and Fine failed to mention was that a mere few months earlier, at the end of May, the Stanford student senate voted to fund an on-campus speech by the son of Palestinian terrorist Marwan Barghouti, serving five life sentences in an Israeli jail for orchestrating three deadly attacks.
(full article online)

Stanford University's Duplicitous Morality Police

Since “palestinians” are Arabs, how come there is no history of “palestinians” in Arabic?

Middle East is a region of ancient civilizations, but no record of “palestinians” In fact, “palestinians” are not even mentioned once in historical records or literature.

Since Arabic has no P-sound, Arabic morphs the P-sound either into an F or into a B. Thus the Hebrew “tapuach” (apple) becomes the Arabic “tufacha”, and the Hebrew “parash” (horseman) becomes the Arabic “farres”. Arabic for “trousers” is “bantalon” from the French “pantalon”, Arabic for “post” (mail) is “bosta”, and Arabic for “tomato” is “bandora” from the Italian “pomodoro”.

Arabic almost invariably morphs the “P”-sound in place-names into a “B”-sound. Hence the ancient Greek Tripolis (the League of Three Cities), which became the Latin Tripolitania, came into European languages as Tripoli (in Libya and Lebanon), and into Arabic as Tarabulus.

Similarly the Arabic name for Portugal is Bortugal, for Poland Bolanda (in some dialects Bolonya, indiscernible from Bologna), for Cyprus Kubressa, for Nepal Nibal, and for Paraguay Baraghwai.

When the Romans invaded and conquered Israel, they renamed the ancient Hebrew city of Shechem “New City” in Latin, or Neapolis. This European colonialist name morphed into the Arabic Nablus (that P sound turning into a B again) which is the name the Arab colonialist invaders used from the 7th century onwards.
---------
Not content with destroying their cities, exiling a large part of the population, and ploughing their fields with salt to render them incapable of growing food and thereby starving them, he took an additional measure: he changed the very name of the country from Ivdæa (Judæa)to Syria-Palæstina, after the Philistines, the deadly enemies of the Jews from more than 1,000 years earlier.

The Philistines hadn’t existed since the days of King Hezekiah. But the Roman Emperor Hadrian renamed the Jews’ country for them, in a deliberate act of final humiliation to the Jews.

And this brings us to the question: What does the name “Philistine” mean?

– “Philistine” is the Anglicised form of the Hebrew name “P’lishti”, from the Hebrew “polesh”, “invader”. The P’lishtim (Philistines) were a sea-faring nation, invaders who came from the Aegean Islands (which is why they dwelt mainly along the Israeli coastline).

This is the true origin of the name “Palestine”. The name means nothing in Arabic, and indeed cannot possibly exist in Arabic. This alleged “Palestinian” nation is a nation which cannot even pronounce its own name.

(full article online)

'P' is not for 'Palestine,'  Ms. Golbard-Bashi

On the annual day celebrating the Arab headdress, the keffiyeh, the director of the Qalqilya district Directorate of Education - which is a branch of the PA Ministry of Education - told Palestinian teenage girls that the blood of "Martyrs" is "the purest." His statement was broadcast on the school radio:

"Fahmawi reviewed the symbolism of the Palestinian keffiyeh... and added that the Palestinian keffiyeh has been colored with the purest blood, the blood of the Martyrs (Shahids) of Palestine during their resistance to the occupation, and the keffiyeh has become the shroud of the Palestinian fighter who has sacrificed his soul for the homeland."
[Official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Nov. 17, 2017]

This glorification of Martyrdom-death to Palestinian youth is in line with general PA education as Palestinian Media Watch has detailed in its report PA Education - A Recipe for Hate and Terror.

Two days ago, PMW reported on similar praise for "Martyrs' blood" expressed by parents of dead terrorists at another PA school.

(full article online)

PA educator praises “blood of Martyrs” in broadcast on school radio - PMW Bulletins

Majority of Ashkenazi Jews cluster with the Druze from Lebanon and Galilee.

No, they cluster with the population of North Caucasus / South Russia.

And even West- and Est Ashkenazim have different genes.

“All Eurasian Jewish communities are closer to Caucasus populations,” he writes, with Central European Jews closer to Italian non-Jews as the exception. Not one of the eight evaluated Jewish populations were closer to Levant populations.
Highlight: Out of Khazaria—Evidence for “Jewish Genome” Lacking | Genome Biology and Evolution | Oxford Academic

---
Our findings support the Khazarian hypothesis de-
picting a large Near Eastern–Caucasus ancestry along with
Southern European, Middle Eastern, and Eastern European
ancestries, in agreement with recent studies and oral and
written traditions. We conclude that the genome of
European Jews is a tapestry of ancient populations including
Judaized Khazars, Greco–Roman Jews, Mesopotamian Jews,
and Judeans and that their population structure was formed
in the Caucasus and the banks of the Volga with roots
stretching to Canaan and the banks of the Jordan.

Eran Elhaik homepage at The University of Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back