Who exactly are the rich that aren’t paying their fair share?

30 years ago people in the top 10% were making close to $60,000/per year, and so started the chant of rich people don’t pay their fare share. Today we’re hearing the exact same thing. So what I’m curious to know is who the rich are? What level of income is needed before you’re considered to not be paying your fair share. Is it still the $60,000 mark or is it anyone that has $1.00 more than you do.

"WHO are the rich tat aren't paying their fair share ..."????

27 giant profitable companies paid no taxes - USA Today
45% of all citizens paid no income taxes.[/QUOTE

So you now want to make children & retirees and disabled people pay taxes you your orange buddy can get millions in tax cuts?

Yu assholes really need to make up your mind.

It was "OMG OMG OMG we can raise the minimum wage because corporations can't afford to pay more" Then you are such a pack of panty waisted pussies, you cry when they don't make enough to pay income taxes.

This is how FUCKING stupid you people really are. My God

30 years ago people in the top 10% were making close to $60,000/per year, and so started the chant of rich people don’t pay their fare share. Today we’re hearing the exact same thing. So what I’m curious to know is who the rich are? What level of income is needed before you’re considered to not be paying your fair share. Is it still the $60,000 mark or is it anyone that has $1.00 more than you do.

Your screen name is really ironic considering you don’t even understand what inflation adjustment is.

Rich are generally considered those with $250k plus income
You do realize that those people with 250K in income might have a net worth of 5 bucks don't you?

Income doesn't define wealth, net worth does
How many wealthy people do you know with no income?

IMHO it's not the income that decides whether you're paying your fair share It's all the deductions only the rich can take so their % of taxes are very low

Since Democrats controlled Congress for most of the time that the Income Tax has been in effect, who put in all the deductions?

Our President is one of them

I'm sure he as paid more in incomes taxes than you will earn your enitre life

I paid more than our President last year

and he has paid millions more than you in total

Show me

Trump paid $38 million in taxes in 2005, the White House says

That is one year
I can't tell his net unless I see all of his returns

What is he hiding?

Your screen name is really ironic considering you don’t even understand what inflation adjustment is.

You do realize that those people with 250K in income might have a net worth of 5 bucks don't you?

wealthy Americans pay nearly 87 percent of all federal income tax.
Got it now.
10%*$100mil=$10mil....... hurts.
10%*$100K=$10, 000.......hurts bad in CA
10%*$10K = $1000 ......CATASTROPHIC in KS

Ooops....don't forget first $24K is taken off....free to Eddie. Or $12K if you don't have a "ball & chain".
etc

if you're at $20K, that 10% is taking away fo0d, medicine,
No it's taking away cell phones, and other luxuries.

You have your priorities backwards as usual

I get it, poorer people aren't allowed to have cell phones? You want to take their cell phones so your butt buddy Donnie can have millions in his tax cut?

Poorer people are entitled to pay to have a cell phone like everyone else. If you think they shouldn't have to pay for one, YOU provide it to them.

Show me

That is one year

What is he hiding?

Maybe he just doesn't think it's any of your business what his tax returns look like. As for me, as long as the IRS has approved his returns, that's good enough for me.

Got it now.

Ooops....don't forget first $24K is taken off....free to Eddie. Or $12K if you don't have a "ball & chain".
etc

I get it, poorer people aren't allowed to have cell phones? You want to take their cell phones so your butt buddy Donnie can have millions in his tax cut?

Poorer people are entitled to pay to have a cell phone like everyone else. If you think they shouldn't have to pay for one, YOU provide it to them.

They pay for one now. Why do you want to take it away to give Trump a tax cut?

That is one year

What is he hiding?

Maybe he just doesn't think it's any of your business what his tax returns look like. As for me, as long as the IRS has approved his returns, that's good enough for me.

He is getting ready to sign the biggest corporate tax cut in history

Doesn't America deserve to know how much he makes off of it personally?

As long as Leftists are able to continue couching the discussion in PERCENTAGES rather than dollars, the battle will be lost. Some rich bastard will be able to say, "My secretary pays more than I do in FIT." When the fact of the matter is that the secretary pays a few thousand in taxes and he pays tens of millions. More? Total B.S.

It is DOLLARS that count, not percentages.

The only way to bring "fairness" to our tax code would be to implement a MAXIMUM DOLLAR TAX AMOUNT, beyond which no one has to pay more. Make it a hundred thousand dollars, or a million dollars, or a gazillion dollars. But the point must be made that at some point you have paid ENOUGH, and beyond that it is UNFAIR TO THIS TAXPAYER, regardless of what PERCENTAGE that amount happens to be.

Great idea.

Every working American gets a $3000.00 tax cut.

That would fuel the economy far more than the POS the Republicans just passed.

Trump gave each working family of four, $4,000 back in child tax credits. $2,000 per child. Your next post will be bbb...but (crickets)

Great but he also gave himself & his rich buddies millions, dumbass. For what?

Why the fuck do you think we should borrow a trillion dollars top give rich people money?

Yes corporate and business taxes were lowered :itsok:

IMHO it's not the income that decides whether you're paying your fair share It's all the deductions only the rich can take so their % of taxes are very low

Since Democrats controlled Congress for most of the time that the Income Tax has been in effect, who put in all the deductions?
congress on both sides imo,,when I heard not too long ago they could inside sell and buy stocks , there is not too much that is beneath them I just feel Dems are a far better way to go than with the party of the billionaires And Trump?? He's a disgrace

I can guarantee you that $60k per year is not rich. Here in Denver you would have a hard time buying a decent house on that salary. The term “rich don’t pay their fair share” is a politically motivated term. It is simply used by Dims to garner low information and less intelligent voters.

Show me

That is one year

What is he hiding?

So for some reason you don't feel the IRS is doing their job?

As long as Leftists are able to continue couching the discussion in PERCENTAGES rather than dollars, the battle will be lost. Some rich bastard will be able to say, "My secretary pays more than I do in FIT." When the fact of the matter is that the secretary pays a few thousand in taxes and he pays tens of millions. More? Total B.S.

It is DOLLARS that count, not percentages.

The only way to bring "fairness" to our tax code would be to implement a MAXIMUM DOLLAR TAX AMOUNT, beyond which no one has to pay more. Make it a hundred thousand dollars, or a million dollars, or a gazillion dollars. But the point must be made that at some point you have paid ENOUGH, and beyond that it is UNFAIR TO THIS TAXPAYER, regardless of what PERCENTAGE that amount happens to be.

Great idea.

Every working American gets a $3000.00 tax cut.

That would fuel the economy far more than the POS the Republicans just passed.

Hate to burst your liberal bubble, but you can’t give a $3000 tax cut to over 40% of workers because they don’t pay income tax now. I can’t give back to you something I never took.

I can guarantee you that $60k per year is not rich. Here in Denver you would have a hard time buying a decent house on that salary. The term “rich don’t pay their fair share” is a politically motivated term. It is simply used by Dims to garner low information and less intelligent voters.

I agree, I wouldn't consider $60k as being rich. Although this has been a Democrat talking point for years, and since "rich" is not defined they may consider $60k as rich. After all $60k is richer than $30K.

Got it now.

etc

They pay for one now. Why do you want to take it away to give Trump a tax cut?

If they pay for one now, they can keep paying. No one is taking it away. Of course, if they have one they can't pay for, why don't YOU donate your money to help them out and not try to force anyone else to pay?

congress on both sides imo,,when I heard not too long ago they could inside sell and buy stocks , there is not too much that is beneath them I just feel Dems are a far better way to go than with the party of the billionaires And Trump?? He's a disgrace

2014 Top Donors to Outside Spending Groups | OpenSecrets

there were 22 individuals on the Open Secrets list who were billionaires. Of those 22 billionaires, 13 -- or more than half -- gave predominantly to liberal groups or groups affiliated with the Democratic Party. The other nine gave predominantly to conservative groups. Here's a list of the billionaires and how much they gave.

Billionaire political donors

Democrats ARE the party of billionaires.

LOL okay what are these make believe rich only tax deductions?
5 tax deductions that favor the rich
JAY MACDONALD@OMNISAURUS
DECEMBER 7, 2011 in TAXES
ADVERTISEMENT
tax-deductions-favor-rich-1-intro.jpg
It’s good to be rich

When it comes to tax deductions, it is good to be rich — the richer, the better.

Middle-class America enjoys some of the same tax breaks as the wealthy on things like the mortgage interest on home loans, capital gains on retirement investments and donations made to charity.

However, the rich enjoy these deductions and others to a wildly disproportionate degree when compared to the rest of taxpayers. According to the National Priorities Project, America’s top earners will get an average tax cut of $66,384 in 2011 while the bottom 20 percent will realize an average tax savings of about $107.

Seth Hanlon, director of fiscal reform for the Center for American Progress, says that while all tax breaks are well-intended, the “upside-down” nature of some miss their target.

“Most people don’t see these as being government expenditures, but from an economic and budget point of view, they’re really the same thing as programs that spend money directly,” says Hanlon. “There are ways to reform them to make them work better.”

Many agree, including President Barack Obama, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates.

Here are five tax deductions that help the rich get richer.

The Most Common Overlooked Tax Breaks
Don't miss these tax breaks -- they could save you some cash.

Mortgage interest: a homeownership incentive?
tax-deductions-favor-rich-2-mtg-interest.jpg

The mortgage interest deduction on your federal tax return is intended to encourage homeownership by giving you a tax break on the interest you pay on your house note.

There is little question it benefits millions of middle-class homeowners as well as the wealthy. But does it provide a compelling financial incentive to own rather than rent? Not so much.

According to a study by The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, mortgage interest deductions for households with incomes between $40,000 and $75,000 average just $523, while households with incomes above $250,000 enjoy an average write-off of $5,459, or more than 10 times as much.

You must itemize on IRS Form 1040 Schedule A to claim the deduction. If you do, you can also deduct the interest paid on a second home. The rich do both, but most of the middle class does neither.

“For millions of taxpayers, therefore, the mortgage interest deduction provides no added incentive to buy a home,” says Hanlon. “It makes no sense in terms of targeting the incentive at the people who need or could use it.”

Capital gains: how the rich get richer
tax-deductions-favor-rich-3-capital-gains.jpg

Why does billionaire Warren Buffett pay less income tax than his secretary?

Two words: capital gains.

Long-term capital gains, which derive from the sale of investments such as stocks and bonds held for more than a year, are taxed at 15 percent. That’s well below the 35 percent maximum tax rate on ordinary income such as wages.

The preferential tax treatment of capital gains is widely viewed as regressive because the rich, who derive a disproportionate share of their income from capital gains, pay less than half of the tax rate on that income compared to middle-class wage earne

Buffet pays so little because he only pays himself a 100K a year salary.

If he was not the flaming hypocrite he is he would pay himself 10 million a year and pay the taxes he thinks he should pay

Buffet is like a snake. He understands how he gets a better deal than lower income people, he talks about like he disagrees with it, but he can’t help but to keep taking advantage of it. Check out his investment in Bank of America. He invested about 8-10 years ago, and since that time 10s of thousands of people at BOA have lost their jobs, the stock has tripled in value, and Buffet has made billions.

That is one year

What is he hiding?

He is getting ready to sign the biggest corporate tax cut in history

Doesn't America deserve to know how much he makes off of it personally?

I don't think I care. All I really know is that when the Democrats controlled Congress with a veto proof majority, they gave me nothing and in fact, took away my affordable insurance to give me high deductibles and high premiums. I preferred Bernie because I thought HE would take care of us, but since he didn't get in, and the Republicans are trying to take care of us, I won't obstruct them and hope things improve until a real Progressive is elected.

Show me

Why not the rest of them Think any would show he got that 38 M back ++ ?

Don't know don't care if he filed legally. How close to 38 million in taxes have you paid?

2014 Top Donors to Outside Spending Groups | OpenSecrets

there were 22 individuals on the Open Secrets list who were billionaires. Of those 22 billionaires, 13 -- or more than half -- gave predominantly to liberal groups or groups affiliated with the Democratic Party. The other nine gave predominantly to conservative groups. Here's a list of the billionaires and how much they gave.

Billionaire political donors

Democrats ARE the party of billionaires.

hey, moron.....who said that some democrats would not benefit from this tax scam??

THAT is not the topic.......

Forum List

Back