Who here has regretted voting for someone?

I did the same.

Carter was in over his head but was under appreciated
Carter was way over his head. He brought in a Georgia mafia that was only fit to goven a state governemnt. He never had the merest clue how to conduct foriegn policy. Obama at least brought in some who understood something beyond community organizing. Unfortunately, Obama did not.

I disagree

Carter manged to get a peace accord between Egypt and Israel. A major foreign policy accomplishment

He ran his economy on a balanced budget. Something conservatives claim to worship but never do
Inflation and unemployment wrecked his economy. Carter took the blame but held a balanced budget. Reagan came in and tripled th deficit and then took credit for the resulting economic surge

Iran brought down Carters Presidency. The Hostage situation made America look weak. If Carter had invaded or bombed them, he would have looked like a strong president. Instead he negotiated behind the scenes and brought everyone back alive
Let's leave the dingbat equation aside. There is no way Carter can be represented as a strong leader then, anymore than Obama can be today.

History will have to decide

If Carter had gone batshit crazy and invaded Iran, the people would have loved him. It may have resulted in hundreds of deaths and possibly killed all the hostages.
Instead, Carter swallowed his pride. Worked behind the scenes and got the hostages released alive.

Cost him a second term
History has decided, 40 years on.

Carter will be viewed on how he responded to the hand he was dealt

Carter dealt with a recession with fiscal responsibility. The economy faltered
He dealt with Iran with patience and held off on military action

Bush 43 dealt with his recession with tax cuts and massive debt
He dealt with 9-11 by invading Iraq and Afghanistan

Bush 43 is viewed much worse than Carter

I did the same.

Carter was way over his head. He brought in a Georgia mafia that was only fit to goven a state governemnt. He never had the merest clue how to conduct foriegn policy. Obama at least brought in some who understood something beyond community organizing. Unfortunately, Obama did not.

I disagree

Carter manged to get a peace accord between Egypt and Israel. A major foreign policy accomplishment

He ran his economy on a balanced budget. Something conservatives claim to worship but never do
Inflation and unemployment wrecked his economy. Carter took the blame but held a balanced budget. Reagan came in and tripled th deficit and then took credit for the resulting economic surge

Iran brought down Carters Presidency. The Hostage situation made America look weak. If Carter had invaded or bombed them, he would have looked like a strong president. Instead he negotiated behind the scenes and brought everyone back alive
Let's leave the dingbat equation aside. There is no way Carter can be represented as a strong leader then, anymore than Obama can be today.

If Carter had gone batshit crazy and invaded Iran, the people would have loved him. It may have resulted in hundreds of deaths and possibly killed all the hostages.
Instead, Carter swallowed his pride. Worked behind the scenes and got the hostages released alive.

Cost him a second term
Reagan got them released, not Carter. Not going to allow you to rewrite history.
He did?

On his first day of office? Does that mean he was negotiating with Iran before he took office? Illegal, you know

I disagree

Cost him a second term
Reagan got them released, not Carter. Not going to allow you to rewrite history.
He did?

On his first day of office? Does that mean he was negotiating with Iran before he took office? Illegal, you know
They were released while he was giving his inauguration address. I was watching it happen. Iran was afraid of Reagan.

I disagree

Cost him a second term
He did?

They were released while he was giving his inauguration address. I was watching it happen. Iran was afraid of Reagan.

No they weren’t
If that was the case, they would have released them as soon as Reagan was elected

They waited until Reagan was inaugurated because they wanted to fuk with Carter till the very end

Cost him a second term
He did?

No they weren’t
If that was the case, they would have released them as soon as Reagan was elected

They waited until Reagan was inaugurated because they wanted to fuk with Carter till the very end
I agree with that. They did want to mess with Carter until the very end. Carter was a total complete unmitigated failure. Congratulations. The fact remains, the hostages were freed by Reagan, not Carter like you stated. Liar.

Cost him a second term
He did?

No they weren’t

I agree with that. They did want to mess with Carter until the very end. Carter was a total complete unmitigated failure. Congratulations. The fact remains, the hostages were freed by Reagan, not Carter like you stated. Liar.
Carter was patient and was willing to suffer political abuse by not invading. If he had invaded, he would have been viewed a hero and tough guy. Regardless of how many died

Everyone got home alive

It was the Carter people who negotiated the release
Reagan had nothing to do with it

Cost him a second term
He did?

No they weren’t

Sure, You're the one who calls Obama the Great. Forget it.

I have always voted my conscience so... no, not once.

On the other hand...

I have been sorely disappointed by some of the politicians I've voted for...

He did?

No they weren’t

Carter was patient and was willing to suffer political abuse by not invading. If he had invaded, he would have been viewed a hero and tough guy. Regardless of how many died

Everyone got home alive

It was the Carter people who negotiated the release
Reagan had nothing to do with it
I believe they may have been talking, but it was just to kill time. Iran didn't want to mess with Reagan. Carter tried to rescue the hostages and it was a disaster. Remember that?

Cost him a second term
He did?

No they weren’t

A majority of historians agree with me

The Great Obama will be looked at as eight years of stable leadership between two terms of GOP insanity

Not me...I have never voted for anyone from either the Reps or the Dems.

And I assume I never will.

He did?

No they weren’t

The Great Obama will be looked at as eight years of stable leadership between two terms of GOP insanity
Obama lied to the American people about the healthcare bill and Benghazi. You know that, but you don't care. Pawn.

Carter 1976; Anderson 1980; Reagan 1984. It's called growing up.

Still deeply embarressed about Carter, but I was only 20.
anyone who knew economics never voted for a demoloser ever.
Hell, I was a kid when I voted for Carter. I was somewhat akin to a moderrn-day mileniial. That is to say, goofy and a\ bit of a snowflake.
I did the same.

I disagree

Carter was probably the most decent and scandal free president in decades.

He did?

No they weren’t

Obama lied to the American people about the healthcare bill and Benghazi. You know that, but you don't care. Pawn.
No he didn’t

It was Republicans who were spreading lies

No they weren’t

No he didn’t

You're a habitual liar. You're very ill.

no-regertslrt-97797-73717.jpg

So who here has regretted a vote? If so, for whom?
Anybody who voted for George W bush or Trump and has a working brain, or Nixon or Reagan for that matter.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb...able=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Releasea

No they weren’t

No he didn’t

Link

No he didn’t

Link

Forum List

Back