Who here has regretted voting for someone?

no-regertslrt-97797-73717.jpg

So who here has regretted a vote? If so, for whom?

Me, I voted for the guy that cost Gore the 2000 Election in Florida...

No, Not George W. Bush but the Green Candidate..
Ralph Nader?

I voted for Carter and boy do I regret it.

Sot it was your fault!

Yup. Me an everyone else who voted for the worst POTUS in American history.
I voted for Carter also. Presidents when elected can be fortunate that the economic indicators can be pushed upward. Carter was elected during the 1970's malaise as the debts came due from the 1960's wild spending. Carter could have helped himself though more then he did and made some bad decisions. It was like Americans were on minimum life support with also all of the quotas and affirmative action in full swing. So if Carter was elected in Bill Clinton's upside era would he be remembered differently?

Fun fact: Carter never started a war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot. No other POTUS back to Hoover can say that. It's huge. Of course it's also why he had to go.

Ralph Nader?

I voted for Nader that year as a protest against the WTA Duopoly. My state was going for Bush regardless who I voted for or if I voted at all. As long as one's vote is being tossed in the shitcan it might as well make a statement on the way TO the shitcan.

Do you know in that election, networks called the state for Bush at first when the panhandle was still voting. they are in central time, not eastern. So man voters left the polls. And the panhandle of the state is solidly Republican. This was not that close. Also in a close election, Al Gore lost his home state of Tennessee. Should I repeat that? He wins Tennessee he is President.

I regret voting for Ross Perot. That vote should have went to George Bush. Although I voted for Bill Clinton in 1996 and I don't regret that vote.

I regret voting for Dubya both times. I wish I had started abstaining from voting at the federal level sooner. I didn't start boycotting federal elections until 2006. But it was immediately after the 2004 election that I began waking up.

Not that I would have preferred Gore or Kerry. Hell no. Fuck no.

I just wish I hadn't soiled my soul by casting a vote for Bush.

I regret voting for Dubya both times. I wish I had started abstaining from voting at the federal level sooner.

Not that I would have preferred Gore. Hell no.

Ah, you can console yourself with the knowledge that these elections are rigged anyway. Regardless who we vote for, our state is going in to Congress lying through their teeth with some shit about "unanimous", so it was never a real vote to begin with. We could vote with the state, against the state, or not at all and the state would have done the same thing in every case.

Ralph Nader?

I voted for Nader that year as a protest against the WTA Duopoly. My state was going for Bush regardless who I voted for or if I voted at all. As long as one's vote is being tossed in the shitcan it might as well make a statement on the way TO the shitcan.
Love how Nader was the “Green” candidate who’s candidacy led to the election of a Big Oil Republican

I regret voting for Dubya both times. I wish I had started abstaining from voting at the federal level sooner. I didn't start boycotting federal elections until 2006. But it was immediately after the 2004 election that I began waking up.

Not that I would have preferred Gore or Kerry. Hell no. Fuck no.

you dont have to not vote, there are others that have yet to lie cheat or steal from the american people

I learned very young what the democrat and republican partys were doing and have never voted for either at any level, but I vote every election

Do you know in that election, networks called the state for Bush at first when the panhandle was still voting. they are in central time, not eastern. So man voters left the polls. And the panhandle of the state is solidly Republican. This was not that close. Also in a close election, Al Gore lost his home state of Tennessee. Should I repeat that? He wins Tennessee he is President.

Losing one's home state is neither unusual nor very controllable. Just in the last decade, Rump lost his home state, bigly. And Mitt Romney lost BOTH his home states, although one could have been controllable but for the "Jeep moving to China" canard.

As for "not that close", you can't reach that conclusion based on your own speculation about woulda-shoulda-coulda.

I regret voting for Dubya both times. I wish I had started abstaining from voting at the federal level sooner.

Ah, you can console yourself with the knowledge that these elections are rigged anyway. Regardless who we vote for, our state is going in to Congress lying through their teeth with some shit about "unanimous", so it was never a real vote to begin with. We could vote with the state, against the state, or not at all and the state would have done the same thing in every case.
I don't buy that our elections are rigged. I do think they are bought. And I think the media has betrayed its watchdog role, and therefore has betrayed the country.

As for my votes for Bush, I was like many Trump voters are today. I thought the idiot act was just that. An act.

I finally realized he actually was stupid. Really stupid.

I voted for No Child Left Behind, which was garbage and I regret it. I was much younger and much dumber then.
I voted for the death penalty in Oregon, and I regret that.

I don't buy that our elections are rigged. I do think they are bought. And I think the media has betrayed its watchdog role, and therefore has betrayed the country.

As for my votes for Bush, I was like many Trump voters are today. I thought the idiot act was just that. An act.

By "rigged" I mean that that state, whichever it is, is trotting into Congress dumping all its electoral votes for a single candidate despite the fact that no candidate ever has scored a unanimous win. If you're in a red state, your state is voting red with all its votes, regardless what you do. If you're in a blue state, your state is voting blue with all its votes, regardless what you do. And if you stay home, or if you vote 3rd party, it STILL votes red or blue. Therefore your vote is worthless; no matter what you do with it, it has zero effect.

That's what I call a rigged system. But it also means you may absolve yourself of the Bush vote, since it was going to happen anyway.

None of that is to disagree that elections are bought though. They absolutely are.

By "rigged" I mean that that state, whichever it is, is trotting into Congress dumping all its electoral votes for a single candidate despite the fact that no candidate ever has scored a unanimous win. If you're in a red state, your state is voting red with all its votes, regardless what you do. If you're in a blue state, your state is voting blue with all its votes, regardless what you do. And if you stay home, or if you vote 3rd party, it STILL votes red or blue. Therefore your vote is worthless; no matter what you do with it, it has zero effect.

That's what I call a rigged system. But it also means you may absolve yourself of the Bush vote, since it was going to happen anyway.

None of that is to disagree that elections are bought though. They absolutely are.
The flaw in your argument is that a "red state" is red precisely because of how people vote. So votes do count.

Losing one's home state is neither unusual nor very controllable. Just in the last decade, Rump lost his home state, bigly. And Mitt Romney lost BOTH his home states, although one could have been controllable but for the "Jeep moving to China" canard.

As for "not that close", you can't reach that conclusion based on your own speculation about woulda-shoulda-coulda.
Tennessee is not New York. Again a close election in votes and electoral college. And Romney, well when he gave the election to Obama that was the end for me with him.

Forum List

Back