Who here is an atheist?

Not on a political message board.
And why did he waste billions of years on trilobites and then billions on dinosaurs before he came up with us 300,000 years ago? Why have 90% of all the animals that ever lived on earth gone extinct? Does god make mistakes?

What is time to God?
Can anyone answer the question? When it says psalms 52 vs 5 “and the lord said....” who is writing this? You would think this is a very important man who is telling us an entire book of what the lord said. Yet I’ll bet you most believers don’t even know.

God's secretary?
Seriously it just dawned on me. If you ask most Christians who is talking when they read from the Bible they don’t know. Isn’t that interesting? They say Corinthians 5 or psalms 6 but who is telling us that god said?
I don't think God actually spoke to them. More like He showed them visions and let them put it into their own words. Even Jesus pointed out that divorce was not God's plan and yet it is codified into the OT.

GOD created TIME. Before that there was none --- yet GOD was.
How did he pass the time before time?

And why did he waste billions of years on trilobites and then billions on dinosaurs before he came up with us 300,000 years ago? Why have 90% of all the animals that ever lived on earth gone extinct? Does god make mistakes?

What is time to God?
Can anyone answer the question? When it says psalms 52 vs 5 “and the lord said....” who is writing this? You would think this is a very important man who is telling us an entire book of what the lord said. Yet I’ll bet you most believers don’t even know.
Authorship is a hard one to determine. They have good ideas of the who for some things, a guess for others and no clue at all for some.

More important than the who, is understanding the literary style used by the author and the context of the day.

What caused "God"?

Did God bring existence into existence? Or did something exist before that?

If so, how?

What is time to God?
Nothing I suspect. I believe He experiences time all at once.

Now inside this universe there is a problem with time. Some physicist / cosmologist believe that time doesn't exist at all. Some believe it is the measure of expansion of the universe.

The equations work equally well backwards as they do forwards, but we have never observed time moving backwards.

What is time to God?

God's secretary?
Seriously it just dawned on me. If you ask most Christians who is talking when they read from the Bible they don’t know. Isn’t that interesting? They say Corinthians 5 or psalms 6 but who is telling us that god said?
I don't think God actually spoke to them. More like He showed them visions and let them put it into their own words. Even Jesus pointed out that divorce was not God's plan and yet it is codified into the OT.
Who’s them? Who’s talking? Who’s narrating?

What is time to God?
Authorship is a hard one to determine. They have good ideas of the who for some things, a guess for others and no clue at all for some.

More important than the who, is understanding the literary style used by the author and the context of the day.
No I think knowing who’s telling us what god said is very important.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
No I don't look down on believers. I do point out hypocrisies though.
Me too, except I call them incongruities. What hypocrisy of mine have you pointed out?

You showed disrespect to other religions when you state your god is the only one or when you state Zeus is part of mythology instead of a religion. I treat all religions equally. You pick and chose which ones you disrespect.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Based on your belief no one could believe in any God without offending someone else. Did you offend all the women you didn't marry?

I give all religions respect. Greek mythology isn't a religion. Can you show me how I disrespect other religions that are not my own without basing it on I didn't select that religion to follow. Because if I had, I would still be disrespecting the ones I didn't choose. amirite?

I already stated Atheists were standing up to the backlash they have encountered over the centuries. Let's start with today. Did you know there are 7 states that do not allow atheists to hold public office. During the inquisition atheists were tortured and executed. I don't need to give you a history lesson, it would take up too much space. Atheists are certainly persecuted in the US though.

So you are upset about ancient history? Could you show me something a little more recent that shows how atheists are being persecuted TODAY. Because if you want to go back in history to see persecution, you only need to go back the the 20th century for the 200 million souls that were murdered by oppressive atheistic nations.

How are atheists persecuted in the US today?

The title of this thread is 'Who here is an Atheist?". Why are you here?
Good question. I seek out incongruities and present them. It's up to them what they do about it. My obligation is satisfied when I present the info.

Well we agree on this but when they had prayer in school many non-christians were forced to pray. Religion should be kept out of school.
No. Students should be allowed to express their faith.

Besides religious studies are a valid subject matter to discuss as long as favoritism isn't shown by the administrators. Maybe if it had, you wouldn't only see half the picture.

Everybody here is criticizing each other. This is a debate forum.

Don't kid yourself. No one is debating here. They are here for the car crashes.

Where did you get the bull from. It has defecated all over this.
Dude, it is 100% what you do. You practice critical theory. Not critical thinking. As to where it came from? It came from Cultural Marxists at the Frankfort School in Germany. They married Freud with Marx for the express purpose of socially engineering a solution to replace loyalty to God, family and country with loyalty to state. As WWI was approaching, the Marxists were pissing their pants in anticipation of the workers revolution. Funny thing though, it never happened. Why? Because the people reverted back to loyalty of country. So they set about the deceitful practice to subordinate God, family, religion and country through behavioral engineering (i.e. brainwashing). When Hitler came to power, the Cultural Marxists fled Germany to America and took up residence in the east coast universities. Now you know.

Me too, except I call them incongruities. What hypocrisy of mine have you pointed out?

You showed disrespect to other religions when you state your god is the only one or when you state Zeus is part of mythology instead of a religion. I treat all religions equally. You pick and chose which ones you disrespect.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Based on your belief no one could believe in any God without offending someone else. Did you offend all the women you didn't marry?

I give all religions respect. Greek mythology isn't a religion. Can you show me how I disrespect other religions that are not my own without basing it on I didn't select that religion to follow. Because if I had, I would still be disrespecting the ones I didn't choose. amirite?

I already stated Atheists were standing up to the backlash they have encountered over the centuries. Let's start with today. Did you know there are 7 states that do not allow atheists to hold public office. During the inquisition atheists were tortured and executed. I don't need to give you a history lesson, it would take up too much space. Atheists are certainly persecuted in the US though.

So you are upset about ancient history? Could you show me something a little more recent that shows how atheists are being persecuted TODAY. Because if you want to go back in history to see persecution, you only need to go back the the 20th century for the 200 million souls that were murdered by oppressive atheistic nations.

Good question. I seek out incongruities and present them. It's up to them what they do about it. My obligation is satisfied when I present the info.

Well we agree on this but when they had prayer in school many non-christians were forced to pray. Religion should be kept out of school.

Besides religious studies are a valid subject matter to discuss as long as favoritism isn't shown by the administrators. Maybe if it had, you wouldn't only see half the picture.

Dude, it is 100% what you do. You practice critical theory. Not critical thinking. As to where it came from? It came from Cultural Marxists at the Frankfort School in Germany. They married Freud with Marx for the express purpose of socially engineering destroying loyalty to God, family and country and replacing it with loyalty to state. As WWI was approaching, the Marxists were pissing their pants in anticipation of the workers revolution. Funny thing though, it never happened. Why? Because the people reverted back to loyalty of country. So they set about a deceitful practice to subordinate God, family, religion and country. When Hitler came to power, the Cultural Marxists fled Germany to America and took up residence in the east coast universities. Now you know.
Google atheist blogger murdered. Your Muslim cousins

Dude, it is 100% what you do. You practice critical theory. Not critical thinking. As to where it came from? It came from Cultural Marxists at the Frankfort School in Germany. They married Freud with Marx for the express purpose of socially engineering a solution to replace loyalty to God, family and country with loyalty to state. As WWI was approaching, the Marxists were pissing their pants in anticipation of the workers revolution. Funny thing though, it never happened. Why? Because the people reverted back to loyalty of country. So they set about the deceitful practice to subordinate God, family, religion and country through behavioral engineering (i.e. brainwashing). When Hitler came to power, the Cultural Marxists fled Germany to America and took up residence in the east coast universities. Now you know.
Greek mythology was a real religion.

Is atheism a religion?

So what is a "militant" atheist?
Active hostility toward religion.

The belief that religion "should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, ridiculed and exposed.

Condemning respect for people who believe in God.
But the religious have not been respecting non believers for a very long time. Atheists are just standing up to the backlash they have encountered over the centuries.

New-Atheists-BB-500.jpg
Bullshit. That's your perception because you disagree with them exercising their secular rights in opposition to your positions on social causes. No one is oppressing atheists.
In the past, atheists were indeed oppressed by the religious and the religious have oppressed other religious people.I never stated that I was being oppressed. I stated that that we are standing up for our non-belief. I don't want to stop you from going to church or practicing your religion. I just don't want any part of it. There are many theists who want to instate prayer back into public schools. Do you agree with that?

First of all when and who were oppressed? Do you have any specifics?

If you don't want any part of religion, then what are you doing here?

I see nothing wrong with students praying. I see everything wrong with students being forced to pray.

You said it yourself, you are standing up for NON-BELIEF. Which means you don't have arguments FOR your belief because it is a non-belief. You only have arguments against others having beliefs. That's what you are doing here. You are trying to validate your beliefs by criticizing the beliefs of others.

Do you know what that is called? Critical theory. The Cultural Marxist practice of critical theory is to criticize what they do not believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what one does believe to test its validity. Something they never do.
Isn’t that what conservative Americans are guilty of? Let me give you an example. Europe has conservatives too. What’s different about American conservatives is they don’t believe in global warming or evolution. Is that what you meant about not critical thinking?

What is time to God?

Why?

If your house was on fire would it matter who told you?

Active hostility toward religion.

The belief that religion "should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, ridiculed and exposed.

Condemning respect for people who believe in God.
But the religious have not been respecting non believers for a very long time. Atheists are just standing up to the backlash they have encountered over the centuries.

New-Atheists-BB-500.jpg
Bullshit. That's your perception because you disagree with them exercising their secular rights in opposition to your positions on social causes. No one is oppressing atheists.
In the past, atheists were indeed oppressed by the religious and the religious have oppressed other religious people.I never stated that I was being oppressed. I stated that that we are standing up for our non-belief. I don't want to stop you from going to church or practicing your religion. I just don't want any part of it. There are many theists who want to instate prayer back into public schools. Do you agree with that?

I see nothing wrong with students praying. I see everything wrong with students being forced to pray.

You said it yourself, you are standing up for NON-BELIEF. Which means you don't have arguments FOR your belief because it is a non-belief. You only have arguments against others having beliefs. That's what you are doing here. You are trying to validate your beliefs by criticizing the beliefs of others.

Do you know what that is called? Critical theory. The Cultural Marxist practice of critical theory is to criticize what they do not believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what one does believe to test its validity. Something they never do.
Isn’t that what conservative Americans are guilty of? Let me give you an example. Europe has conservatives too. What’s different about American conservatives is they don’t believe in global warming or evolution. Is that what you meant about not critical thinking?
No. We practice traditional theory, not critical theory. Traditional theory is when you make an affirmative case for what something is. Critical thinking is when you challenge what you believe to test it's validity. That's what we do. You on the other hand practice critical theory. You don't know how to make an affirmative case for something and sure as heck don't challenge your own beliefs to test their validity. You have arguments against other people's arguments.

Here is an example of what Traditional theory looks like in practice. Given that we are still well below the peak temperatures of the previous interglacial cycle, and given that the geologic record shows that CO2 does not drive climate change, CO2 reinforces climate change, and given that for most of the planet's history earth has been a greenhouse world and only in the last 5 million years transitioned to an icehouse world and given that for the past 500,000 years we have oscillated between pretty severe glacial cycles and interglacial cycles, and given that the conditions which led to this transition are still in place today, I'd be more worried about what triggers the ice age than I would be of a 1 C increase.

Besides do you really believe they can represent the earth's average temperature with one number for the last 2000 years? C'mon man. You got days and night and you have seasons.

The most comical of all though is how you over exaggerate the damage caused by atmospheric CO2. It's like you don't even logic.

Riddle me this batman, if it is the rest of the world is responsible for increasing CO2 emissions by ~ 1 billion tons per year, are you going to send our money to other nations so they don't build gas and coal fired power plants?

Because our emissions could go to zero overnight and the rest of the world would replace what we are presently emitting in 5 short years.

New-Atheists-BB-500.jpg

No. We practice traditional theory, not critical theory. Traditional theory is when you make an affirmative case for what something is. Critical thinking is when you challenge what you believe to test it's validity. That's what we do. You on the other hand practice critical theory. You don't know how to make an affirmative case for something and sure as heck don't challenge your own beliefs to test their validity. You have arguments against other people's arguments.

Here is an example of what Traditional theory looks like in practice. Given that we are still well below the peak temperatures of the previous interglacial cycle, and given that the geologic record shows that CO2 does not drive climate change, CO2 reinforces climate change, and given that for most of the planet's history earth has been a greenhouse world and only in the last 5 million years transitioned to an icehouse world and given that for the past 500,000 years we have oscillated between pretty severe glacial cycles and interglacial cycles, and given that the conditions which led to this transition are still in place today, I'd be more worried about what triggers the ice age than I would be of a 1 C increase.

Besides do you really believe they can represent the earth's average temperature with one number for the last 2000 years? C'mon man. You got days and night and you have seasons.

The most comical of all though is how you over exaggerate the damage caused by atmospheric CO2. It's like you don't even logic.

Riddle me this batman, if it is the rest of the world is responsible for increasing CO2 emissions by ~ 1 billion tons per year, are you going to send our money to other nations so they don't build gas and coal fired power plants?

Because our emissions could go to zero overnight and the rest of the world would replace what we are presently emitting in 5 short years.
The only "comedy" I see is some uneducated slob of a climate denier listing things that were all taught to him by the very same scientists who have concluded that our actions are warming the planet, then trying to peddle some stupid con that these things are the reason these scientists are wrong. Embarrassing and absurd. Think about the absurdity of your entire line of bullshit...you are explicitly stating that the people who have dedicated their lives to these fields of science and taught you anything and everything you know are so incompetent that they are laboring under the ignorance of the very knowledge they discovered. Fuckin A people, how do you not realize how idiotic you sound?

What's next? Got a few boxing tips for Floyd Mayweather, do ya? I'm sure Yo Yo Ma would really appreciate your advice on how to play the cello. Maybe you could travel back in time and show Van Gogh how to paint? Make sure, just for accuracy of the analogy, you show him one of his own paintings and ask him why he can't paint better, like the guy who painted it.

Last edited:

First, Verse 5 of Psalm 52 is: You Love evil rather than good, lies rather than honest speech. (Nowhere is, "and the Lord said...")

Second, this particular Psalm is attributed to the authorship of King David.

Third, no one man wrote the Bible. The Bible is a collection of book, and several of the books have more than one author.

I already pointed out to you that 100,000 people still follow the religion of Hellenism which you called Greek mythology. To them you are disrespecting their religion as much as anyone who would call your religion mythology.

Did you not see the part about Atheists not allowed to hold public office in 7 States? Did you not watch the video I submitted. Here is another. There used to be a real good video out there but I can't find it anymore.

It's how students express their faith which can be detrimental. It's a slippery slope you don't want to go down.

As for religious studies being taught I'm all for it in the higher grades. Definitely not elementary. The problem with favouritism or bias once a religion or a part of that religion is criticized by students or staff all hell would break loose.

As for religious studies being taught I'm all for it in the higher grades. Definitely not elementary. The problem with favouritism or bias once a religion or a part of that religion is criticized by students or staff all hell would break loose.

This is like saying one is in favor of math being taught in the higher grades, but definitely not elementary. Elementary school studies is what prepares one for higher learning. Like any other subject, elementary school studies is like first setting the nail on which to hang a hat. When there is no nail, there is no place later hang the hat.

What is time to God?

Why?

If your house was on fire would it matter who told you?
That’s dumb af. He’s not telling me my house is on fire. He’s telling us a god said....and you don’t even know or care who’s telling you about this creature.

So now we know you don’t need evidence the creator exists and you don’t even care who is telling you about this story.

You theists make it easy to be an atheist. Clearly you’re fucking stupid and this god doesn’t exist.

Wow. I really am shocked. Someone tells you “and the lord said” and you don’t ask a single fucking question. Ding must be short for dingbat

What is time to God?
Nothing I suspect. I believe He experiences time all at once.

Now inside this universe there is a problem with time. Some physicist / cosmologist believe that time doesn't exist at all. Some believe it is the measure of expansion of the universe.

The equations work equally well backwards as they do forwards, but we have never observed time moving backwards.
So if you travel into space time slows down or speeds up. I’ve heard if you flew at the speed of light for a year and then came back a lot more time on earth would have past or visa Versa.

So when the expansion slows down does that mean all time will slow down?

And when or if the universe collapses back in on itself will time slow even more or reverse?

Forum List

Back