Who Is The Worst President Since WWII?

Reaganomics kept more money in the pockets of everyone.
Allowed citizens to keep more of the money THEY EARNED.
Sure thing he ran up a tab ending the Cold War.
The savings long term for what he did standing down the Evil Empire paid for itself in les than 10 years.

The savings from the Cold War? lol, except for a few paleo-nuts in one wing of the GOP, the mainstream Republican opinion is that we're not spending enough on defense,

and in addition to that they still bitch about military reductions that occurred after the so-called end to the Cold War.

Every Republican president or presidential candidate in the post Cold War era has run on spending more and more and more and more on defense.

Let me appeal to your reason and common sense.
BOTH PARTIES, as illustrated recently by the M-1 Abrahams tank plant. The Army says NO, WE DO NOT WANT IT and Congress led by BOTH PARTIES approves funding for it.
This goes on with WEAPONS SYSTEMS, not troop strengths.
Democrats cut troop levels instead of offering WEAPONS SYSTEMS to be cut. Weapons systems are jobs and neither party will cut them.
Same with obsolete military bases, Warner Robbins base here in Georgia is one of many.
Republicans have offered more bases to be closed but Democrats, not all of them, refuse and MANY Republicans refuse also.
Republicans want to keep TROOP LEVELS UP and the Democrats always want to use that as their way of "cutting" spending on the military.
BOTH PARTIES are to blame on the weapons systems being funded the military often does not want and the failure to close obsolete military bases but it would be ONLY Democrats that always sacrifice troop levels as their favorite "cost cutting" of the military.
And that policy always does what when the threat level increases?
Costs us twice as much to RETRAIN NEW TROOPS.

correct on all counts, but don't expect any reason and common sense from our liberal friends. Those qualities are blocked by their defective liberal gene.

Geez, any dumb ass can watch the Cain accusers and see they have zero credibility.
Thomas another matter but that was the FIRST TIME a Senate Judiciary hearing allowed that kind of testimony of "he talked dirty to me at work" nonsense in the confirmation hearings of a Supreme Court Justice.
Wow, take a look at the hearings and the obvious coaching by Senate Democrats of Anita Hill.
Even if her story was 100% true SO WHAT, DOES NOT COME CLOSE to what Clinton did.

I know 2 retired secret service guys, 1 was already retired when Clinton was President and the other was assigned local White House and city only, no travel detail.
Monica Lewinsky is not the only intern Clinton had massaging his Johnson. There was another one also that willingly went along with it and her parent's found out about it and begged not for her to be drug into the mess.
And the security clearances that come with a change of Presidents is a massive file that contains thousands of police records, state investigations, state security analysis, in the case of Clinton Arkansas State Patrol files and security analysis and planning for Governor Clinton, FBI reports and transition security analysis, planning and strategy on the new President by Secret Service,
And the files were loaded with women that Clinton had propositioned, verbally forced himself on and half a dozen, including Paula Jones, that Clinton pulled his Johnson out of his pants, played with and waved it at them soliciting a blow job.
6 women do not tell the same story about a Governor waving his dick at them unless it is true.

Sounds like a meaningful issue > FOR HILLARY CLINTON.

So what Thomas and Cain allegedly did "sounds like a meaningful issue for Ms Cain and Thomas"?

Who are you trying to shit with your bull shit?
You support the double standard 100% because you are a partisan party hack.

Let me repeat the question:

Don't you even want to try to convince me that Obama has committed greater blunders or wrongs, more harmful acts as president than did Nixon, Bush, or Johnson?

I don't think he wants to do that (recalling Watergate, Vietnam, & "nuclear imminent threat")

watergate-------one party spying on the other party, no one killed or injured. Nixon lied about it and was forced from office

Vietnam-----Kennedy and Johnson's war that killed 58,000 americans for nothing. Nixon ended it.

Nuclear threat-------Russia had nukes, still does.

Nixon spying on McGovern.

Nixon killed more Vietnamese with his round the clock bombings (escalation) of North Vietnam for months, than Kennedy and Johnson combined. Killed more Americans too. The American protest movement and the end of the draft, ended the war.

The "nuclear imminent threat" I referred to, was Bush's reason for entering the war in Iraq in 2003. A "nuclear imminent threat" that did not exist.

Facts about Federal Deficits:
As a percent of receipts what President has had the highest DEFICIT?
Obama has had in the history from Nixon THE HIGHEST % of MORE MONEY GOING OUT then coming in!!!!

While the Republican House of Reps consistently vetoed any chance to raise taxes on the rich (which 3/4 of the American people support), preventing more money from coming in.

PS - I'm not an Obama ass-kisser, and I've bashed him as bad or worse than anyone in this forum. I just like to keep things in perspective, that's all.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...ma-administration-the-muslim-brotherhood.html

Well, then, here's perspective:

1. And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

2. “As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” US Department of the Treasury

3. The benefits from Reaganomics:
a. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
b. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
c. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
d. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
e. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) FDsys - Browse ERP
f. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

b. and c. Kiva - Kiva Lending Team: Team Ron Paul, Hulk Hogan, Jesus of Nazareth, Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, John Wayne, Thomas Jefferson, Alex Jones, Peyton Manning, The Tuskegee Airmen, Schiff, REAL Americans, and George W. Bush

4. The Reagan recovery:
"During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade."
Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes

Should be fun to see if you are capable of learning.

Reaganomics kept more money in the pockets of everyone.
Allowed citizens to keep more of the money THEY EARNED.
Sure thing he ran up a tab ending the Cold War.
The savings long term for what he did standing down the Evil Empire paid for itself in les than 10 years.

The savings from the Cold War? lol, except for a few paleo-nuts in one wing of the GOP, the mainstream Republican opinion is that we're not spending enough on defense,

and in addition to that they still bitch about military reductions that occurred after the so-called end to the Cold War.

Every Republican president or presidential candidate in the post Cold War era has run on spending more and more and more and more on defense.

Let me appeal to your reason and common sense.
BOTH PARTIES, as illustrated recently by the M-1 Abrahams tank plant. The Army says NO, WE DO NOT WANT IT and Congress led by BOTH PARTIES approves funding for it.
This goes on with WEAPONS SYSTEMS, not troop strengths.
Democrats cut troop levels instead of offering WEAPONS SYSTEMS to be cut. Weapons systems are jobs and neither party will cut them.
Same with obsolete military bases, Warner Robbins base here in Georgia is one of many.
Republicans have offered more bases to be closed but Democrats, not all of them, refuse and MANY Republicans refuse also.
Republicans want to keep TROOP LEVELS UP and the Democrats always want to use that as their way of "cutting" spending on the military.
BOTH PARTIES are to blame on the weapons systems being funded the military often does not want and the failure to close obsolete military bases but it would be ONLY Democrats that always sacrifice troop levels as their favorite "cost cutting" of the military.
And that policy always does what when the threat level increases?
Costs us twice as much to RETRAIN NEW TROOPS.

That really didn't address my point.

btw, which president got rid of what might have been one of the biggest future weapons spending programs, i.e., the missile defense system for Europe?

And which party ran 2 men in a row who zealously supported that program?

Answers: Obama, the Republicans, McCain, and Romney.

Facts about Federal Deficits:
As a percent of receipts what President has had the highest DEFICIT?
Obama has had in the history from Nixon THE HIGHEST % of MORE MONEY GOING OUT then coming in!!!!

While the Republican House of Reps consistently vetoed any chance to raise taxes on the rich (which 3/4 of the American people support), preventing more money from coming in.

PS - I'm not an Obama ass-kisser, and I've bashed him as bad or worse than anyone in this forum. I just like to keep things in perspective, that's all.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...ma-administration-the-muslim-brotherhood.html

1. And the tax cuts of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981 stimulated economic growth. “As a 1982 JEC study pointed out,[1] similar across-the-board tax cuts had been implemented in the 1920s as the Mellon tax cuts, and in the 1960s as the Kennedy tax cuts. In both cases the reduction of high marginal tax rates actually increased tax payments by "the rich," also increasing their share of total individual income taxes paid.” http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

2. “As inflation came down and as more and more of the tax cuts from the 1981 Act went into effect, the economic began a strong and sustained pattern of growth.” US Department of the Treasury

a. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
f. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116

b. and c. Kiva - Kiva Lending Team: Team Ron Paul, Hulk Hogan, Jesus of Nazareth, Chuck Norris, Ronald Reagan, John Wayne, Thomas Jefferson, Alex Jones, Peyton Manning, The Tuskegee Airmen, Schiff, REAL Americans, and George W. Bush

4. The Reagan recovery:
"During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade."

The biggest stimuli for the 80's growth were

Fed policy being reversed from raising interest rates to lowering them,

falling energy prices,

the natural process of the business cycle,

and last but not least, the stimulative effect of Reagan's deficit explosion.

I don't think he wants to do that (recalling Watergate, Vietnam, & "nuclear imminent threat")

watergate-------one party spying on the other party, no one killed or injured. Nixon lied about it and was forced from office

Vietnam-----Kennedy and Johnson's war that killed 58,000 americans for nothing. Nixon ended it.

Nixon killed more Vietnamese with his round the clock bombings (escalation) of North Vietnam for months, than Kennedy and Johnson combined. Killed more Americans too. The American protest movement and the end of the draft, ended the war.

The "nuclear imminent threat" I referred to, was Bush's reason for entering the war in Iraq in 2003. A "nuclear imminent threat" that did not exist.

yes, it was the nixon campaign spying on the McGovern campaign---BFD. How does that compare to lying to the entire nation? "if you like your plan you can keep it"

I never said that Nixon did not contribute to the viet nam fiasco, but it ended on his watch.

The Iraq stupidity was based on bad intel about WMDs, not necessarily nukes. The intel was bad, they all bought into it, both parties, the UN, the EU, all of them.

4. The Reagan recovery:

falling energy prices,

Obama will have added 10 trillion to the debt, why hasn't his deficit explosion stimulated the economy?

Geez, any dumb ass can watch the Cain accusers and see they have zero credibility.
Thomas another matter but that was the FIRST TIME a Senate Judiciary hearing allowed that kind of testimony of "he talked dirty to me at work" nonsense in the confirmation hearings of a Supreme Court Justice.
Wow, take a look at the hearings and the obvious coaching by Senate Democrats of Anita Hill.
Even if her story was 100% true SO WHAT, DOES NOT COME CLOSE to what Clinton did.

I guess you've forgotten that Clinton was impeached.

Impeached for crimes he was ultimately found not guilty.

Let's pick it up right there.....

1. The weakness of Nixon due to the Watergate scandal allowed the Left-Wing Democrats to destroy any hope of either the United States living up to its commitments in South Vietnam, or of even allowing the aid that would have allowed the South to defend itself. Starting with the 1974 budget, they refused to allocate another penny, and forbade US military action “in or over” Indochina. Thus, no airstrikes if the North violated the peace treaty. They wanted the North to win….and they did.

a. When the Pentagon’s accountants tried to use a couple of hundred million dollars of unused appropriations left over from 1972 and 1973 to aid the South, Ted Kennedy organized Senators, 43-38, to forbid the expenditure.
David Frum, “How We Got Here,” p. 305.

2. Did you bring up those killed in bombings?

In the scholarly “The Black Book of Communism,” Stephane Courtois, et. al. calculate (p. 572) that the Communists immediately shipped between 200,000 and a million to ‘reeducation camps’ out of a population of 20 million. Execution numbered about 65,000 not counting those who died slowly in the camps.

a. The new Communist Vietnam caused hundreds of thousands of ordinary people to flee their homes, with over 800,000 taking to the high seas in tiny boats.
Commentary magazine, “Who Won Vietnam?”, May 1994.

Shall we add Cambodia to the blood on the hands of the Liberal Left Democrats?

4. The Reagan recovery:

falling energy prices,

Obama will have added 10 trillion to the debt, why hasn't his deficit explosion stimulated the economy?

GDP was -6.1% when Obama took office.

Let me give you a good example of the work of Ronald Reagan, just a small thing but it was big for me:

The US Marshalls used to serve civil complaints and summons in all Federal Court cases. After I received my detective license in 1982 and after Reagan took office at some time Reagan ended that and privatized that civil service where private detectives and process servers could then serve all civil complaints and summons on the defendants on all civil cases in Federal Court. In fact it was broader than that, a law firm could hire anyone that was over 18, not a felon and a US citizen not a party to the case.
Before that I was working with 2 different law firms one of which I was there since 1979. I went to the Clerk's office at The Richard Russell Bldg. often as it was new and I also knew the clerks as they all went over from the old courthouse. So what happened? As a young newly licensed private detective I received many cases weekly that used to all go to the Federal Marshalls. As a result of that I got name recognition in many other law firms all over The Northern District of Georgia as that was the jurisdiction of the Federal courts. And as a result of that my agency flourished with investigative work as well as civil process for the Federal Civil courts.
Reagan was all about that, putting things BACK in the private sector and the net result was the process was MUCH SMOOTHER as the civil process should be in the private sector anyway.
And IT CREATED PRIVATE SECTOR, NOT MORE GOVERNMENT, JOBS

Let me give you a good example of the work of Ronald Reagan, just a small thing but it was big for me:

The US Marshalls used to serve civil complaints and summons in all Federal Court cases. After I received my detective license in 1982 and after Reagan took office at some time Reagan ended that and privatized that civil service where private detectives and process servers could then serve all civil complaints and summons on the defendants on all civil cases in Federal Court. In fact it was broader than that, a law firm could hire anyone that was over 18, not a felon and a US citizen not a party to the case.
Before that I was working with 2 different law firms one of which I was there since 1979. I went to the Clerk's office at The Richard Russell Bldg. often as it was new and I also knew the clerks as they all went over from the old courthouse. So what happened? As a young newly licensed private detective I received many cases weekly that used to all go to the Federal Marshalls. As a result of that I got name recognition in many other law firms all over The Northern District of Georgia as that was the jurisdiction of the Federal courts. And as a result of that my agency flourished with investigative work as well as civil process for the Federal Civil courts.
Reagan was all about that, putting things BACK in the private sector and the net result was the process was MUCH SMOOTHER as the civil process should be in the private sector anyway.
And IT CREATED PRIVATE SECTOR, NOT MORE GOVERNMENT, JOBS

Government jobs have fallen under Obama, they increased under Reagan, your little story notwithstanding.

1. The weakness of Nixon due to the Watergate scandal allowed the Left-Wing Democrats to destroy any hope of either the United States living up to its commitments in South Vietnam, or of even allowing the aid that would have allowed the South to defend itself. Starting with the 1974 budget, they refused to allocate another penny, and forbade US military action “in or over” Indochina. Thus, no airstrikes if the North violated the peace treaty. They wanted the North to win….and they did.

a. When the Pentagon’s accountants tried to use a couple of hundred million dollars of unused appropriations left over from 1972 and 1973 to aid the South, Ted Kennedy organized Senators, 43-38, to forbid the expenditure.

In the scholarly “The Black Book of Communism,” Stephane Courtois, et. al. calculate (p. 572) that the Communists immediately shipped between 200,000 and a million to ‘reeducation camps’ out of a population of 20 million. Execution numbered about 65,000 not counting those who died slowly in the camps.

a. The new Communist Vietnam caused hundreds of thousands of ordinary people to flee their homes, with over 800,000 taking to the high seas in tiny boats.

Then I guess Reagan was full of shit when he said:

Reagan Rule 3: Before we commit our troops to combat, there must be reasonable assurance that the cause we are fighting for and the actions we take will have the support of the American people and Congress. (We felt that the Vietnam War had turned into such a tragedy because military action had been undertaken without sufficient assurances that the American people were behind it.)

Reagan Rule 3: Before we commit our troops to combat, there must be reasonable assurance that the cause we are fighting for and the actions we take will have the support of the American people and Congress. (We felt that the Vietnam War had turned into such a tragedy because military action had been undertaken without sufficient assurances that the American people were behind it.)

what he said was correct, whats your point?

Most all Presidents have fucked up militarily.
Bush invading Iraq the latest example.
War is not an exact science.

Forum List

Back