who will christians discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

You can speak about it in public places. You can't have government sponsor or support that speech in any way.
Street preachers are the perfect example. NO law stops them and it is the ACLU that defends them each and every time a code is passed to ban it. They win every case.
Big difference.

Again, it is not that they can stop it. It is their efforts to stop it.

And street preachers are a prime example. They can be as annoying as hell, but they have the right to preach on the corners if they want. Neither you, I nor Sky Dancer has the right to try to shut them up. If they annoy me, then I must go find another street corner to eat lunch at, or tune them out.

Immie

My county has the most churches per capita in Georgia. They had a ban on street preaching at one time. And guess who wanted the code banning it? The local merchants stated it disrupted their breakfast and lunchtime traffic into their businesses, mostly restaurants serving the downtown area which is primarily county government buildings.
And all of those merchants are Republican and influential in their churches also.There is not a Democrat elected official in this county and the Chamber of Commerce is all Republicans as officials there.
So the myth is it is "liberals", the anti God and anti religous that are the loudest opponents. We hear that myth here all the time. No evidence of that here and very little anywhere else. Poppy cock that Rush and Sean parrot all the time. Madelyn Murray O'Haire, the fat crooked swine that she was started that as she was an atheist. However, most all of the supporters of seperation of church and state here are Christian and active.

I'm not sure I said it was only liberals.

I will agree with you about much of the complaints being from restaurant owners. The same thing happened here in Tampa. The patrons of the restaurants complained to the managers of the establishment and threatened to quit patronizing their places of business. That got their attention real fast and they along with the patrons began harassing the street preachers. Eventually they were arrested and basically ran out of town.

Immie

Street preachers are one thing. Preachers inside the DMV during business hours are another.

Some yoyo preacher provoked his own arrest by repeatedly going to DMV and harassing customers. He even came with his own video camera so he could show the "discrimination" against him. That's bullshit.

Christians are taking the "culture war" that THEY CREATED, too far.

If this is the guy you are talking about, it says that he was outside the DMV, not inside.

Man Arrested Outside Calif. DMV for Reading His Bible Out Loud | Video | TheBlaze.com

Immie

He was inside numerous times before he was outside. Get your facts straight. He came with a camera. He was deliberately provoking his arrest.

Does a guy creating a public disturbance get a pass because he happens to be Christian?

Bullshit.

You guys are so "persecuted". God forbid you would have to obey the same laws as everyone else.

Maybe you should post your source as all the sources I have found indicate he was outside the DMV and there was a line outside.

I posted my source. I also think you are not being honest which has become typical for you.

Immie

People standing in line on the morning of February 2 at the Hemet, California, Department of Motor Vehicles had no choice but to listen to a man from Calvary Chapel read the Bible.

A security guard asked Mark Mackey to stop. He refused to do so and was later arrested. After his arrest, the two men who had accompanied him, assistant pastor Brett Coronado and Ed Flores, were arrested for impeding business. Coronado and Flores reportedly did not read the Bible out loud.

The men were charged with violating California Penal Code Section 602.1:

Assistant Pastor and Aides Arrested for Reading Bible Out Loud at CA DMV | God Discussion

I am still looking for the article I read that showed these guys had come to the DMV repeatedly before being arrested. I saw it some month ago or so. I will find it. These people were looking to stir it up and pick a fight.

Last edited:
If this is the guy you are talking about, it says that he was outside the DMV, not inside.

Man Arrested Outside Calif. DMV for Reading His Bible Out Loud | Video | TheBlaze.com

Immie

He was inside numerous times before he was outside. Get your facts straight. He came with a camera. He was deliberately provoking his arrest.

Does a guy creating a public disturbance get a pass because he happens to be Christian?

Bullshit.

You guys are so "persecuted". God forbid you would have to obey the same laws as everyone else.

Maybe you should post your source as all the sources I have found indicate he was outside the DMV and there was a line outside.

I posted my source. I also think you are not being honest which has become typical for you.Immie

Fuck you. I didn't have time to post the link. I'm looking for it now.

CHP Lt. Mike Soubirous tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise on Friday that church members had been told they were not allowed to preach on DMV property without a permit, but members denied this.

Lt. Michael Soubirous of the San Gorgonio Pass CHP Station, which oversees the Hemet area, the men were arrested because they didn’t have a permit.

“The whole thing is, when you go to the DMV, you are not allowed to do any other business,” Soubirous told the Banning-Beaumont Patch. He said a permit is required on state property for anything other than the intended business.

“We would have granted them a permit to go out and preach,” Soubirous explained. “There is a mechanism to be allowed to protest…We don‘t inhibit people’s right to free speech–we regulate it.”

Church In Hemet Sues CHP Over DMV Bible Reading « CBS Los Angeles

Finally, here is the story I read.

In the video, Mackey is shown being handcuffed and saying: "This is what the United States is coming to. You can stand here and talk about anything you want, but can't talk about the Bible."

Meyer responds, saying, "You can preach on your own property, you can preach on a street corner, but you're not allowed to preach here because this is a captive audience."

Soubirous said the church members were getting right in the faces of people in line, and telling them they were going to hell. He said members had been told in the weeks prior that they couldn't preach without a permit.

On most public property, which would include state property, there is no right of speech access," says constitutional lawyer, Carl Manheim.

Calif. church sues CHP over DMV Bible reading

Last edited:
CHP Lt. Mike Soubirous tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise on Friday that church members had been told they were not allowed to preach on DMV property without a permit, but members denied this.

Lt. Michael Soubirous of the San Gorgonio Pass CHP Station, which oversees the Hemet area, the men were arrested because they didn’t have a permit.

“The whole thing is, when you go to the DMV, you are not allowed to do any other business,” Soubirous told the Banning-Beaumont Patch. He said a permit is required on state property for anything other than the intended business.

“We would have granted them a permit to go out and preach,” Soubirous explained. “There is a mechanism to be allowed to protest…We don‘t inhibit people’s right to free speech–we regulate it.”

That guy's been in Escondido....he's a hoot.

Lieutenant Mike Soubirous, a CHP spokesman, told the Press-Enterprise that in the past, individuals coming from the church to preach “would get within five to ten feet and literally get in people’s faces. It was animated preaching, like, ‘If you don’t repent, you’ll go to hell.’ It wasn’t a calm nature. It was preaching to them as their captive and telling them what they want to tell them.”
Man Arrested for Reading Bible in Public

The preacher or the cop? I read an article and I'm still trying to find it again that said this group had been to the DMV numerous times and brought video cameras each time. They provoked their own arrest.

The preacher or the cop? I read an article and I'm still trying to find it again that said this group had been to the DMV numerous times and brought video cameras each time. They provoked their own arrest.

The Preacher. He stood on a small retaining wall next to the open area where drivers picked up the DMV testers for the driving test. He was yelling a lot of biblical nonsense at all of us waiting in line for the DMV to open. It was funny because the breeze took most of his words away. My daughter (we were there for her drivers test) was asking who the crazy man was.

The Preacher. He stood on a small retaining wall next to the open area where drivers picked up the DMV testers for the driving test. He was yelling a lot of biblical nonsense at all of us waiting in line for the DMV to open. It was funny because the breeze took most of his words away. My daughter (we were there for her drivers test) was asking who the crazy man was.

Did he have video cameras with him?

That's strange.....Shortly after I joined this board, you said your daughter was "9".....Do they give drivers tests down there at 11?:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Bullshit.

I posted my source. I also think you are not being honest which has become typical for you.Immie

How long did it take you to find the link you posted? Thirty seconds?

By the way, neither one of the three links you posted mentions that they went inside.

Are you certain they did?

I doubt it.

I love you too.

Immie

I tell ya, Bodacea, these Christians here defending this nut job totally piss me off. They NEVER call a spade, a spade when it comes to one of their own.

By the way, neither one of the three links you posted mentions that they went inside.

I doubt it.

I love you too.

Immie

Excuse me asshole, but I work. I'm not always able to post links when I'm working.

I know you DON"T "love" me, hypocrite. You hate my guts. If I'm having a bad day, you're delighted.

Last edited:

That's strange.....Shortly after I joined this board, you said your daughter was "9".....Do they give drivers tests down there at 11?:eusa_whistle:

I have never thought that Bod lies. She typically doesn't make comments that are generally fact based anyway. Most of her comments are in retort to something someone else says.

Perhaps she has two or more daughters?

One thing that did seem strange though. I would think a kid who is 15.5 years old would understand what was going on and would be more mature than to ask. "Who is that crazy man?" That sounds like the question of a 7 year old. Maybe Bod had more than one daughter with her at the time?

Immie

I doubt it.

I love you too.

Immie

Excuse me asshole, but I work. I'm not always able to post links when I'm working.

I know you DON"T "love" me, hypocrite. You hate my guts. If I'm having a bad day, you're delighted.

You are telling more lies. I don't hate your guts never have and don't think I ever will. I don't hate anything about you. I do feel sorry for you though.

Immie

I doubt it.

I love you too.

Immie

You are telling more lies. I don't hate your guts never have and don't think I ever will. I don't hate anything about you. I do feel sorry for you though.

Immie

Bullshit. You've told me otherwise. In PMs. Admit when you're angry once and awhile. Stop judging others for it.

I feel sorry for you. YOU get angry and get off on being hurtful. You later deny you so. Mr Holy Man. You don't have the emotional honesty to admit when you're mad. I do.

I'm mad at myself for giving a shit what you think of me.

Last edited:

Immie

Bullshit. You've told me otherwise. In PMs. Admit when you're angry once and awhile. Stop judging others for it.

I feel sorry for you. YOU get angry and get off on being hurtful. You later deny you so. Mr Holy Man.

I'm mad at myself for giving a shit what you think of me.

I don't believe I have ever said I hate you, maybe you should post the pm, liar?

I pity you is all I have ever said and I pity you today.

I have admitted that I was mad plenty of times. I'm not mad now.

And you of all people should not be talking about emotional stability or honesty. :lol: That is a winner!

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back