who will christians discriminate against once gays have equal rights?

No it's not a states issue, it's a civil rights issue. If this type of things was a states issue, then segregation would still be around and so would slavery in some states. Sometimes states can't be trusted to do the right thing...
Yes, it's a states issue. It's a morals issue....And trying to compare it to the blacks experience is friggin' ridiculous.

Being born black is not immoral...Choosing to engage in sex with your own gender absolutely is immoral, period!

Keep your damn morals to yourself and mind your own business. Your moral beliefs are based on your religion and have no place in THE LAW.
It's a states issue.....It's a morals issue.....If a states voters decide they won't recognize it, then you are not getting married in that state, buddy......And that's the way it should be.

Again...you think more about the gay sex act than we do. How odd.
Hey, how does a child who was 9 years old just two years ago, now take drivers tests?:eusa_whistle:

You remember?......She was becoming interested in boys, but not in a slutty way?:eusa_whistle:

Or YOUR words to that effect.

My words? What are you mumbling about now?
I guess i'm going to have to do a search this week, 'cause you've got some explaining to do.

:eusa_liar:

They seem happy.

Who does? Gay celibate Christians? I don't think so.

You didn't read very far, did you? Even gay christians are torn as to whether they are meant to be in relationships or not.

I'm sure gay Christians are torn as to whether they should be in relationships or not. What choice do they have? Seems to me, they have the choice to suppress their sexuality and be celibate or make themselves have a relationship with someone they don't love.

You didn't read very far, did you? Even gay christians are torn as to whether they are meant to be in relationships or not.

I'm sure gay Christians are torn as to whether they should be in relationships or not. What choice do they have? Seems to me, they have the choice to suppress their sexuality and be celibate or make themselves have a relationship with someone they don't love.

They have the choice to try and figure out what they want. Its there journey, and if they are there its what they want. They may leave anytime they choose.

They have the choice to try and figure out what they want. Its there journey, and if they are there its what they want. They may leave anytime they choose.

Look at the choice that Christianity gives gay and lesbian people. Give up having a sex life with the person you love for God. Heteros aren't required to do that. Christianity is inherently discriminating when it comes to gays.

It's a very easy choice for me. I'm with my wife until one of us dies.

I was a Christian until I came out as a lesbian.

Last edited:

Look at the choice that Christianity gives gay and lesbian people. Give up having a sex life with the person you love for God. Heteros aren't required to do that. Christianity is inherently discriminating when it comes to gays.

heteros are discouraged from having sex outside of marriage. Gay's have the same choice, and they will make it.

heteros are discouraged from having sex outside of marriage. Gay's have the same choice, and they will make it.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have sex outside my marriage. Can gays marry in your church? I doubt it. The choice you want us to make is be ourselves in our fullness, which includes loving someone, or be celibate and Christian.

Or C) have a relationship with someone they do love.

I know I asked before. But you honestly don't know there are openly gay and lesbian christians?

I know I asked before. But you honestly don't know there are openly gay and lesbian christians?

It seems to me that is an oxymoron, being openly gay and christian. Are they all celibate?

I know of one woman, who wanted to be a Catholic priest, and she still practices as a Catholic and lives with her lover.

How she works that out, I don't know.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have sex outside my marriage. Can gays marry in your church? I doubt it. The choice you want us to make is be ourselves in our fullness, which includes loving someone, or be celibate and Christian.

No. We dont marry Gay's. Don't hate them either. The thing is Marriage is legal in some states, recognized in others what ever. Do what you want. Church has nothing to do with who a person is with.

It seems to me that is an oxymoron, being openly gay and christian. Are they all celibate?

I know of one woman, who wanted to be a Catholic priest, and she still practices as a Catholic and lives with her lover.

No, they're not! They're in relationships. Long-term, committed relationships. One of them is my would-be sister-in-law. Devout Catholic. And that couple is best friends with another (gay male) devout couple.

Civil rights are civil rights are civil rights.
Thank you Captain Obvious. And-?

Hardly an apple/oranges thing....unless for the not very bright.
Weak logic, failing to back/correct it, now thinly veiled (and rather lame) insults. Impressive.

Negros <> Native Americans <> Gays (etc etc).

Still going too fast for you?

It seems to me that is an oxymoron, being openly gay and christian.
Your use of the word oxymoron isn't correct, but I assume you mean you can't be gay and be a Christian. This is incorrect. I don't know why this is so hard for some of you. I suggest you do a little research on what it means to be a Christian. You can sin and still be a Christian FYI.

Sounds pretty straightforward to me but you appear unclear on this as well so FYI:

- Women cannot become Catholic priests (yet)
- Living together with one's lover is frowned upon by the RCC, but hardly excludes one from being Catholic. Just like being gay does not exclude one from being a Christian.

Last edited:

No. We dont marry Gay's. Don't hate them either. The thing is Marriage is legal in some states, recognized in others what ever. Do what you want. Church has nothing to do with who a person is with.

Some Christian churches DO marry gays. Like in most things, not all Christian sects agree.

Hardly an apple/oranges thing....unless for the not very bright.
Weak logic, failing to back/correct it, now thinly veiled (and rather lame) insults. Impressive.

Allow me to help you...

Negro civil rights.....Native American civil rights....gay civil rights.

Being treated equally under the law is the goal. No more, no less.

Hardly...but I do pity a person who can't understand the concept of civil rights period. You're not the first....nor the last.

No, they're not! They're in relationships. Long-term, committed relationships. One of them is my would-be sister-in-law. Devout Catholic. And that couple is best friends with another (gay male) devout couple.
OK. However they work it out for themselves.

Allow me to help you...

Hardly...but I do pity a person who can't understand the concept of civil rights period. You're not the first....nor the last.
Marriage isn't a right........Why do you people think you deserve some special right?

Fact is, you don't.

States issue the licenses......If a states VOTERS morally reject you, that's the way it is...Deal with it.

Either move to a state that recoginizes your perverted choice, or STFU!

Allow me to help you...

Marriage isn't a right........Why do you people think you deserve some special right?

Fact is, you don't.

States issue the licenses......If a states VOTERS morally reject you, that's the way it is...Deal with it.

You want government to determine who is moral, perverted or not?
Damn.
You sir are a closet liberal.

Allow me to help you...

Fact is, you don't.

Jester, how many sex offenders are there in the state you live in?
Talk about a lack of morals and total perversion in the commission of those crimes.
I am sure you have the same passion in preventing them from being able to marry as you do with your passion against gays getting married.
I am sure there is a large group of the religous right in your state that proclaim their support of morals and the war against sex offenders getting married.
What is the name of that group? How long have you been involved fighting sex offenders getting married?

Allow me to help you...

Fact is, you don't.

Jester, how many sex offenders are there in the state you live in?
Talk about a lack of morals and total perversion in the commission of those crimes.
I am sure you have the same passion in preventing them from being able to marry as you do with your passion against gays getting married.
I am sure there is a large group of the religous right in your state that proclaim their support of morals and the war against sex offenders getting married.
What is the name of that group? How long have you been involved fighting sex offenders getting married?

You have a long wait for an answer. This is a guy who refuses to acknowledge that marriage is a fundamental right....even tho supreme court cases have been linked for him ad nauseum.

Last edited:
Allow me to help you...

Fact is, you don't.

You want government to determine who is moral, perverted or not?
Damn.
You sir are a closet liberal.

Doesn't government do that now with their laws ?

Forum List

Back