Who's to Blame: Big Government or Big Business?

We the People are the government so we need to hold ourselves accountable for the government we currently have.

The current system is one where government employees are accountable to appointed officials who are subject to congressional oversight and the rule of law. In turn We the People elect congressional representatives.

This alleged "massive abuse of Governmental power" is not unique to the current administration. It was rampant in the prior administration and those that preceded it. Making this into a partisan issue weakens your argument.

If you want to fix the system the answer is a wall of separation between politicians and those with money. Elections must be funded by the taxpayers and each candidate gets exactly the same amount provided they meet a minimum qualification for support. They are banned from using funding of their own and no corporations are allowed to fund advertising or bankroll advocates for a candidate. The voting record of all politicians must be compared to lobbyist interests that had contact with them and no one who has held office must be allowed to work for any corporation that has benefited from any legislation that the politician voted for. This must apply equally to family and all holdings must be open to public scrutiny at all times. The penalty for violations is a minimum 10 year term for all parties involved without parole.

I never said other administrations have have abused regulatory authority. However, none have done so remotely as much as the current administration. I am sure any reasonable person would agree with this. The "appointed officials" you mentioned under the current administration have either refused to testify, lied, or actively obfuscated at almost ever opportunity, thereby undermining your argument of oversight.

It is very hard to do oversight when virtually every appointed official lies to you as a matter of Administration policy. Examples: "The NSA does not spy on U.S. Citizens." "Healthcare.gov is on track and ready for a successful launch on Oct 1." "The website is just like kayak.com." "No one at the I.R.S. has singled out Conservative groups. Ever." Benghazi was the result of an internet video."

There are dozens of more examples of outright lies under this Administration I could cite that we both know about.

Is this the type of oversight you were mentioning? Your other ideas I like and agree with. Corporate money needs to get out of politics.

Why not stay above your hate for Obama, I'm no fan either, but as pointed out previously, it's not just Obama, other presidents are equally responsible and they lied to you too. Congress? They spend more time raising money than they do legislating and they equally share the blame for this mess and that'd be BOTH PARTIES.
Otherwise good job.

Why not just own up to be being far left and not wanting to hold that you voted for twice (Obama) accountable.

We should all be able to get refunds on our school tax as reading writing and arithmetic as was to be taught became social engineering of the young and this is evil.

Business makes money, government cost money ...What the heck business can screw up as it is the corps loss. Government screws up and we all loose. Back to basics is needed.
No pay for politician's like the USA started and Teachers should not be at the top of the pay scale.

My opinion is bases on no corruption--if corruption is found then treat corrupt business and Government the same CUT OFF THERE HEADS.

We should all be able to get refunds on our school tax as reading writing and arithmetic as was to be taught became social engineering of the young and this is evil.

Business makes money, government cost money ...What the heck business can screw up as it is the corps loss. Government screws up and we all loose. Back to basics is needed.
No pay for politician's like the USA started and Teachers should not be at the top of the pay scale.

My opinion is bases on no corruption--if corruption is found then treat corrupt business and Government the same CUT OFF THERE HEADS.

Yikes! Kind of all over the road there. Your parents need an education refund because they did not get their money's worth when you were taught the second R.

If a big business ran the way that the US government was run they would be out of business. So once again it shows that big government is the bigger problem.

No company can compete with an entity that can print it's own money.

Yikes! Kind of all over the road there. Your parents need an education refund because they did not get their money's worth when you were taught the second R.

So if you pay for something and it is not as advertised do you keep it and say hey that life, or do you take it back? if they refuse to give you a refund I bet you would sue and take them to court.

Typical far left mindset.

We the People are the government so we need to hold ourselves accountable for the government we currently have.

The current system is one where government employees are accountable to appointed officials who are subject to congressional oversight and the rule of law. In turn We the People elect congressional representatives.

This alleged "massive abuse of Governmental power" is not unique to the current administration. It was rampant in the prior administration and those that preceded it. Making this into a partisan issue weakens your argument.

If you want to fix the system the answer is a wall of separation between politicians and those with money. Elections must be funded by the taxpayers and each candidate gets exactly the same amount provided they meet a minimum qualification for support. They are banned from using funding of their own and no corporations are allowed to fund advertising or bankroll advocates for a candidate. The voting record of all politicians must be compared to lobbyist interests that had contact with them and no one who has held office must be allowed to work for any corporation that has benefited from any legislation that the politician voted for. This must apply equally to family and all holdings must be open to public scrutiny at all times. The penalty for violations is a minimum 10 year term for all parties involved without parole.

I never said other administrations have have abused regulatory authority. However, none have done so remotely as much as the current administration. I am sure any reasonable person would agree with this. The "appointed officials" you mentioned under the current administration have either refused to testify, lied, or actively obfuscated at almost ever opportunity, thereby undermining your argument of oversight.

It is very hard to do oversight when virtually every appointed official lies to you as a matter of Administration policy. Examples: "The NSA does not spy on U.S. Citizens." "Healthcare.gov is on track and ready for a successful launch on Oct 1." "The website is just like kayak.com." "No one at the I.R.S. has singled out Conservative groups. Ever." Benghazi was the result of an internet video."

There are dozens of more examples of outright lies under this Administration I could cite that we both know about.

Is this the type of oversight you were mentioning? Your other ideas I like and agree with. Corporate money needs to get out of politics.

Why not stay above your hate for Obama, I'm no fan either, but as pointed out previously, it's not just Obama, other presidents are equally responsible and they lied to you too. Congress? They spend more time raising money than they do legislating and they equally share the blame for this mess and that'd be BOTH PARTIES.
Otherwise good job.

Thank you. And as I said earlier...but there seems to be selective hearing involved....all administrations in recent memory have abused regulatory authority at times. I do believe this administration is the worst in my lifetime....but none are blameless.

But this is what pisses each side off the most. Lying to Congress or misleading Congress so they cannot effectively function in their oversight role.

Examples. Bush ginning up intelligence to support the Iraq invasion. Nothing pisses off Democrats more. Congress did oversight, but it was largely based on crap information. It was sold under false pretenses.

Obamacare...the NSA...the I.R.S. scandal....all lies and bullshit. Nothing pisses the Right off more. Congressional oversight cannot happen when the truth takes a holiday.

Thank you. I'm done.

Last edited:

So if you pay for something and it is not as advertised do you keep it and say hey that life, or do you take it back? if they refuse to give you a refund I bet you would sue and take them to court.

Oh come on! Look at that horrible grammar and poor sentence structure. Public education obviously failed this one, maybe that's why he/she has such a poor opinion of it?

In all honesty the school district which you attended ought to be fined and all of its teachers and administrators fired. Maybe you were homeschooled, that might explain your post.

In all honesty the school district which you attended ought to be fined and all of its teachers and administrators fired. Maybe you were homeschooled, that might explain your post.

Right, I usually do not mock people for their lack of grammar or clarity because it's kind of a shitty way to treat someone who may be sincere in their feelings but when they are looking to cut education (I think) I just can't resist.

Oh come on! Look at that horrible grammar and poor sentence structure. Public education obviously failed this one, maybe that's why he/she has such a poor opinion of it?

And the last bastion of the far left attacks when thy have got nothing else.

And the far left shows they want the far left government to dictate your thoughts via public schools.

Right, I usually do not mock people for their lack of grammar or clarity because it's kind of a shitty way to treat someone who may be sincere in their feelings but when they are looking to cut education (I think) I just can't resist.

And the far left lies continue!

What? Did you actually read that chaotic laundry list of half-formed ideas that had little to do with the topic and not inwardly cringe a little? Really i hate to criticize people for their lack of education but that one was actually looking to cut it back and pay teachers even less?!? I guess this explains Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, the self-righteous anger is all that matters, the shitty delivery of ideas not at all.

And the far left shows they want the far left government to dictate your thoughts via public schools.

LOL, you're brainwashed - in your case only a light rinse was necessary. Would you like me to correct the syntax (no Kosh, a syntax is not a tax on sin; sorry if I confused you) in the sentence you posted?

Standard English and the nature and placement of words used to convey meaning are the first indication we humans have in determining the intelligence and education of others. You fail in both to convince anyone - even partisan hacks like you - that anything you post is substantive or valuable or even has a modicum of truth. You're a clone of a brain damaged parrot and don't even provide humor, only pity.

What? Did you actually read that chaotic laundry list of half-formed ideas that had little to do with the topic and not inwardly cringe a little? Really i hate to criticize people for their lack of education but that one was actually looking to cut it back and pay teachers even less?!? I guess this explains Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, the self-righteous anger is all that matters, the shitty delivery of ideas not at all.

The irony!

LOL, you're brainwashed - in your case only a light rinse was necessary. Would you like me to correct the syntax (no Kosh, a syntax is not a tax on sin; sorry if I confused you) in the sentence you posted?

Standard English and the nature and placement of words used to convey meaning are the first indication we humans have in determining the intelligence and education of others. You fail in both to convince anyone - even partisan hacks like you - that anything you post is substantive or valuable or even has a modicum of truth. You're a clone of a brain damaged parrot and don't even provide humor, only pity.

Even more far left Obama drone irony from those that follow the far left scripture to the letter.

The irony!

You have to be fucking with us, You cannot possibly be this stupidly, incredibly dense.

The irony!

You have to be fucking with us, You cannot possibly be this stupidly, incredibly dense.

Says the far left Obama drone troll!

Even more far left Obama drone irony from those that follow the far left scripture to the letter.

Actually I don't pity you, I know I should, but even brain damaged people like you are easy to dislike. Maybe a private school will help you in understanding this:

in his defense, he's a moron.:thup:

as to the OP, both are intertwined like in fascism :)

Forum List

Back