Why anti gun activists hate concealed carry...it makes people less afraid of guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article points out what happens when a concealed carry gun owner stops a robbery....word spreads....and the anti gun extremists hate it.....

Gage Park Shooting Shows Why Gun Control Activists Hate Concealed Carry - The Truth About Guns

A shooting in Gage Park, in Southwest Chicago, illustrates why gun control activists resisted legal concealed carry in the Windy City as long as they did. Earlier this week, a legally carrying customer of a currency exchange store shot and killed an armed robber who was attempting a holdup while the owner’s two teenage sons were working there. To understand why civilian disarmament types hate the idea of concealed carry permits, you just have to read the comments of some of the other merchants in the area . . .

DNAinfo quotes the boys’ mother and store owner:

“All I know is that someone came in here threatening my sons, and this angel used a gun he was allowed to carry, and he saved them,” Cabrales said.

From the owner of a store two doors away:

“I don’t believe in vigilante justice, but I don’t know what would have happened if that guy hadn’t been there,” Guzman said. “I mean, the same thing could just as easily have happened to my store.”

From a shop owner down the block, who was robbed a month ago:

“I do trust the police, but lately I really haven’t felt safe here,” Vidales said. “I never like violence, but in [this] case, I think he did the right thing. I’m glad he was there.

And from another nearby business owner:

“Seeing that happen right on this block makes me think I’d feel much better if I were armed, and if my customers were armed,” Cruz said. “Now I want to get a concealed carry permit myself.”

Of course.....the anti gun extremists I debate here on U.S. keep telling me these stories where armed citizens use guns to stop crime never happen....since they have never been robbed themselves.....

Forum List

Back