Why are leftists crying about the student loan “burden” and not the car loan “burden”?

Of the 92 available majors at Harvard maybe 29 you can honestly say we need people to have these degrees (and yes I included econ), The other 64 are not even in the realm of majors we need people to have. So why should we pay to subsidize a person getting them?
And you get to decide what "we" need?

Fascinating.

And you get to decide what "we" need?

Fascinating.

well justify why the German Language and Literature degrees should be subsidized by the taxpayer? How does a person having that degree benefit the society to the degree that it should be paid for in whole or part by the society?

I bet I could make a better argument for dog shit collector training than you can for that degree.

well justify why the German Language and Literature degrees should be subsidized by the taxpayer?
Because a lot of literary research is done in Germanic languages, we need German translators at our embassies, consulates, airports...
How does a person having that degree benefit the society to the degree that it should be paid for in whole or part by the society?
See above.
I bet I could make a better argument for dog shit collector training than you can for that degree.
I guess people gravitate what they are qualified to do.... Shouldn't you be on the road collecting feces about right now?

An educated workforce is the backbone of a strong nation. Having nice cars is not.

Thread fail....

If you think what's coming out of colleges these is "education" then you're the fail. Even if we were to entertain your fantasy, that's hardly a justifiable reason to excuse people of their personal responsibility.

Because a lot of literary research is done in Germanic languages, we need German translators at our embassies, consulates, airports...

See above.

I guess people gravitate what they are qualified to do.... Shouldn't you be on the road collecting feces about right now?
Sorry shit for brains I retired young. That’s why I can stay up at night posting on message boards.

If no literary research is done it matters…. Next to zero. It’s a Nice to have not a have to have.

You don’t need to go to college to learn a language dummy. The militray teaches people to be fluent in German in about 6 months. Try again.

If you think what's coming out of colleges these is "education" then you're the fail. Even if we were to entertain your fantasy, that's hardly a justifiable reason to excuse people of their personal responsibility.
Thats a valid argument actually. The argument being made though is that "we don't need ______________".

Sorry shit for brains I retired young. That’s why I can stay up at night posting on message boards.
Of course you did, bless your heart. LOL. Every republican on these boards is an eccentric millionaire of course.
If no literary research is done it matters…. Next to zero. It’s a Nice to have not a have to have.
No. You matter next to zero. Really...if you were wiped off the face of the earth...would you be missed?
You don’t need to go to college to learn a language dummy. The militray teaches people to be fluent in German in about 6 months. Try again.

Another pure fantasy.

My father died of lung cancer, I'm very sincere about what I'd like to do to the Tobacco industry. The point is, and this keeps going over your head.. is that the plant tobacco isn't evil, the industry that markets it is... and yet you won't condemn them with the venom you reserve for gays, women who have abortions, kids who commit minor property crime.

I think I've made it clear enough what I think of the tobacco industry. This shit kills people, it harms people, and it provides no benefit at all to Mankind.

You might as well keep on suggesting that I somehow defend o support the filth who push this poison. Everyone here already knows what a subhuman lying piece of shit you are, so repeating this lie over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again doesn't tell anyone anything that we do not already know about you.

And you are the one here, who openly, unabashedly, supports depraved and insane sexual perversions.

You are the one who supports the cold-blooded murder of innocent children.

You are the one who defends thieves and other criminals.

And you condemn me, in greatly exaggerated terms, for disapproving of these things.

The high ground on which you delusionally think you stand, to look down on me, is a bottomless pit of evil and madness.

Whiffing? I think you're whiffing paint fumes.

I pointed out how you are now paying for tax breaks that billionaires received courtesy of your orange god.
Poor people do not pay taxes

They spend their money on beer and cigarettes

I think I've made it clear enough what I think of the tobacco industry. This shit kills people, it harms people, and it provides no benefit at all to Mankind.

You might as well keep on suggesting that I somehow defend o support the filth who push this poison.

yet I never hear you condemn them with the absolute venom you use for gays, trans, women who have abortions, bureaucrats who insisted on mask mandates, etc.

See, you can't help yourself.

And you are the one here, who openly, unabashedly, supports depraved and insane sexual perversions.

And how are they hurting anyone? Tobacco kills 480,000 a year. How many people die of "being gay". (And, no, you don't get to count AIDS).

You are the one who supports the cold-blooded murder of innocent children.

Fetuses aren't children. We've been over this. Even your own cult doesn't consider them to be children.

You are the one who defends thieves and other criminals.

If you have poverty, you are going to have crime. You are fine with poverty and upset about crime... that's what's kind of messed up.

The high ground on which you delusionally think you stand, to look down on me, is a bottomless pit of evil and madness.

The high ground I stand on is judging people by their motives.

Selling poison to children is pure evil... and I have YET to hear you condemn the companies that sell it. You condemn the people who use it, most of whom were addicted as children.

Two people who care about each other engaging in consensual sex is not evil. Might not be my cup of tea, but certainly not evil.

A woman deciding she doesn't want to have a baby right now is not evil. I mean, I know you like them barefoot and pregnant, but some women have higher aspirations than being baby dispensers.

Is theft evil? Sure. But at the end of the day, it's only PROPERTY, and property can be replaced.

I'd rather have my dad back (who died of lung cancer at 56) than the old TV and VCR that was stolen from me in 1989.

In fact, going along with the leftist dream that everyone should go to indoctrination centers - oops, I mean college - will LOWER the value of a college degree and leave taxpayers on the hook to pay the tuition of mediocre people with degrees in Folklore Studies, Ethnic Studies, Black Studies, General Studies, etc., who work at Starbucks because they have no marketable value.

In fact, going along with the leftist dream that everyone should go to indoctrination centers - oops, I mean college - will LOWER the value of a college degree and leave taxpayers on the hook to pay the tuition of mediocre people with degrees in Folklore Studies, Ethnic Studies, Black Studies, General Studies, etc., who work at Starbucks because they have no marketable value.

This is where you are confused...

The people who have made college degrees necessary are the big corporations, not the colleges.

I work in Purchasing and Supply Chain. I didn't get into that because of my college degree in history, I got into it because I was a Supply Sergeant in the Army and kind of naturally transitioned into it when I got into the Civilian world.

In 2008, I and two other buyers were let go from the rat-bastard company that cured me of Republican stupidity. The other two buyers had a bit more experience than I did in purchasing in the civilian world while I was in the service.

Because I had a college degree, I was able to land another gig within a month. True it paid a tad less, but it was easy to find a job with a college degree in "Management of things that have already happened."

The other Gentleman who was let go wasn't able to find a job for nearly 8 months. He attended a city college but never got a degree.

The third buyer had no college. She still hadn't found a new job by 2010, which is when I lost track of her. Of course, she had no college.

The purpose of college is not to give you marketable skills. Marketable skills are gained through working.

The puprose of college is to show you can do work and stick to something. Not that anyone is actually getting degrees in "Black studies" (Oh my god, how horrible). I can tell you that as someone who has written thousands of resumes for job hopefuls, I've only seen one person who had taken "black studies', and that was as a minor.

Now, used to be in this country, you graduated High School, you walked down to a union hall, and you got an apprenticeship in the industry that you liked. That actually required the employer to make the investment in you. Now, instead, they expect you to get those skills yourself in college.

And how are they hurting anyone? Tobacco kills 480,000 a year. How many people die of "being gay". (And, no, you don't get to count AIDS).

Abortion kills over a million every year, and you not only fail to condemn that, but you openly defend and support it.

I'll happily agree with you to any rational degree that you want to condemn the tobacco industry, and those who willfully take part in it.

yet I never hear you condemn them with the absolute venom you use for gays, trans, women who have abortions, bureaucrats who insisted on mask mandates, etc.

My venom is not for homosexuals, trannies, and other depraved perverts, as long as they keep their sickness to themselves and leave the rest of us the fuck alone about it; but for those who insist in imposing their sick perversions on society as a whole, on those of us who want no part in it, and especially now, who are openly and unabashedly going after children. I am old enough to remember when it was all about “consenting adults”, and these sick perverts wanting to practice their sick filth in the peace and privacy of their own homes. It did not take long for them to make it clear that that was all lies, once we stupidly yielded that far to them.

And for corrupt pieces of shit who infest positions of public power, who abuse that power to violate the rights of, and otherwise cause harm to, the very people that they are supposed to be serving.

My venom is for those who willfully cause harm to others, either through malicious intent, or depraved-heart indifference.

You support and defend subhuman filth that willfully cause harm to human beings.

FaYr38LXoAEUenn.jpg

Abortion kills over a million every year, and you not only fail to condemn that, but you openly defend and support it.

Fetuses aren't people. Not in the eyes of the law, not biologically, not even in the bible.

I'll happily agree with you to any rational degree that you want to condemn the tobacco industry, and those who willfully take part in it.

See, you did it again. You are blaming the victim (people who were addicted) instead of the people who intentionally marketed and engineered this product to be addictive.

My venom is not for homosexuals, trannies, and other depraved perverts, as long as they keep their sickness to themselves and leave the rest of us the fuck alone about it; but for those who insist in imposing their sick perversions on society as a whole, on those of us who want no part in it, and especially now, who are openly and unabashedly going after children. I am old enough to remember when it was all about “consenting adults”, and these sick perverts wanting to practice their sick filth in the peace and privacy of their own homes. It did not take long for them to make it clear that that was all lies, once we stupidly yielded that far to them.

Works on the assumption- incorrectly - that homosexuality can be "taught". Or that sexual orientation is a choice. Assuming that you aren't a seriously self-hating latent homosexual (as most homophobes are), when did you "decide" to be straight? You didn't You just realized shortly after puberty that you were attracted to the opposite sex.

Frankly, kids are better off than they were when I was growing up in the 1970's, and you figured out you were gay, and had to live in terror of homophobes or even your own family turning on you.

Now, final point, what are gays doing, exactly, that's so "perverted", exactly? Most straight people practice fellatio and cunnilingus... and 37% of straights have tried anal sex.

And for corrupt pieces of shit who infest positions of public power, who abuse that power to violate the rights of, and otherwise cause harm to, the very people that they are supposed to be serving.

Yes, how dare they try to protect people from dying!

My venom is for those who willfully cause harm to others, either through malicious intent, or depraved-heart indifference.

Says the guy who belongs to a cult started by pedophiles.

Of course you did, bless your heart. LOL. Every republican on these boards is an eccentric millionaire of course.

Never said or even implied I was. Both my wife and I retired from the military. Made some decent investments along the way and live modestly within our means.

No. You matter next to zero. Really...if you were wiped off the face of the earth...would you be missed?
Just by people who know me maybe. I’m not nearly arrogant enough to think that my passing will have any lasting meaningful effect on the world. Anyone who does is kidding themselves.

Another pure fantasy.

Cat II languages take about 36 weeks. So I guess a little longer than 6 months. But hardly fantasy.

Graduates must have at least a score of 2/2 (listening and reading) but most Cat II students grad in the 2+ - 3 range.

Try again.

Never said or even implied I was. Both my wife and I retired from the military. Made some decent investments along the way and live modestly within our means.
Of course you did.
Just by people who know me maybe. I’m not nearly arrogant enough to think that my passing will have any lasting meaningful effect on the world. Anyone who does is kidding themselves.
Wow, an uncontrollable carom into the truth.

Forum List

Back