Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money the government pisses away on these cretins and open up government-run restaurants which catered solely to those receiving public assistance, where meals are paid for with vouchers which would represent the amount of money they would normally receive for food? The benefits of such a program could be staggering if it's operated correctly...

[]
Poor in America means you have an iPhone 4 and your DVD player does not play Blu-Ray

Correct

The Heritage Foundation did a great study on what "being poor" in the US really means. it doesn't really mean being poor.

Understanding Poverty in the United States: Surprising Facts About America's Poor

Understanding Poverty in the United States: Surprising Facts About America's Poor

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

• 80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • 92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
  • Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
  • Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
  • Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
  • Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
  • More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
  • 43 percent have Internet access.
  • One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
  • One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.
I do charity work for the poor around the world. Americans have no idea what poor is until they have seen true poverty with their eyes and nose.

This is like the 5th Spamming Flaming Post on this topic in the last two days. Why is anyone responding to this flame bait?
Including me.....

bullshit

simple fare of staples like rice, beans, flour, oats etc are far less expensive than the dollar menu
/---- In Manhattan a guy was pan handling while smoking. Cigs are $10 a pack in NYC.
Poor in America means you have an iPhone 4 and your DVD player does not play Blu-Ray
Mr. Trump and the Poor, have one thing in common; we only pay the taxes we are legally obligated to pay.

Don't complain; be Patriotic.
Shitforbrains thinks there is someone in America who voluntarily pays more taxes than they need to.
At least Trump pays a lot more in taxes than fuckhead Obama.

Trump pays more taxes in a couple of weeks than all these Moon Bats that post on here combined will earn in their lives.

I'm sorry, did you have a point to make or were you just throwing sources at me?
Point being. Liberals give to the arts. Conservatives to organizations that help the needy. Like I said.

Like you said but like you didn't back up....

Throwing sources at me is not backing yourself up, by the way.
I'm sorry you can't read. Sounds like a personal problem.oh well...

Imagine a university paper which was just sources..... it doesn't wash with me.

I'm talking to YOU. Not to the person who wrote the source.
Conservatives also donate more blood. While liberals contiue to bloviate about people dying.

Again, prove it. I don't mean throw sources at me. I mean prove it.

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money the government pisses away on these cretins and open up government-run restaurants which catered solely to those receiving public assistance, where meals are paid for with vouchers which would represent the amount of money they would normally receive for food? The benefits of such a program could be staggering if it's operated correctly...

The government should never be in the business of providing any kind of welfare.

It should be left up to the individual to contribute to charity as they see fit.

Let's do some math

A family of 4 eat from the dollar menu because they think it's cheaper than shopping

so that's 12 meals a day
let's say a meal costs 4 dollars per person 2 burgers, fries and a soda

that's 48 dollars a day eating fast food

48 times 7 is 336 dollars a week

are you people really telling me that a family of 4 cannot eat a well balanced healthy diet on 336 dollars a week?

But then this is an issue about education and how it is failing many people in the US. Teach people the skills they need to be adults, like nutrition, like cooking, like being able to count enough to figure this stuff out.

There are fast food places everywhere. Most people can walk to one.
most don't. otherwise, they wouldn't be fat.
show me the stats that prove your argument and I will believe you.
32 oz carrots, $1.84 at Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fresh-1-Carrots-Peeled-Baby-Cut-32-Oz/10451316
So you now you think everyone should be a rabbit and eat carrots all the time huh? How many commercials do republicans finance advertising carrots?
What's a healthy diet to you then?

Apples?
5 lbs, $4.92
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-York-Apple-Sales-Jonagold-Apples-5-lbs/49509907

Bananas?
35 cents a pound
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bananas-1-lb/44390948

Want to keep going?
Loaf of bread?
I bought a nice new York strip steak at food lion for $4.23. About the price of a big mac.

Probably because conservatives are more likely to be religious.

I wonder how much more likely liberals are to give to charities rather than churches.

So to you...being religious and giving more to charity is a problem. You do have serious problems, don't you?

Are you saying that because more Conservatives think of others more than themselves and are religious, you, Progressives are excused from contributing nearly as much as do Conservatives.

GOT IT! You're excused from giving and are therefore entitled to take it from the pockets of those who EARNED the money.

Whew!
Exactly. LIberals think blathering on and on about government programs exempts them from actually donating or volunteering to help the needy.

Point being. Liberals give to the arts. Conservatives to organizations that help the needy. Like I said.

Conservatives also donate more blood. While liberals contiue to bloviate about people dying.
Do you ever back up these claims with facts ?
I give blood but I have never been asked about my politics.
Read all the links provided in this thread. It's all right there. I'm not your secretary.

Probably because conservatives are more likely to be religious.

I wonder how much more likely liberals are to give to charities rather than churches.

So to you...being religious and giving more to charity is a problem. You do have serious problems, don't you?

Are you saying that because more Conservatives think of others more than themselves and are religious, you, Progressives are excused from contributing nearly as much as do Conservatives.

GOT IT! You're excused from giving and are therefore entitled to take it from the pockets of those who EARNED the money.

Whew!
Exactly. LIberals think blathering on and on about government programs exempts them from actually donating or volunteering to help the needy.

You keep saying things and you keep not backing them up.

Read all the links provided in this thread. It's all right there. I'm not your secretary.

Haha, such a cop out.

Conservatives tend to donate to their churches (tax deductable) which in turn, contribute a small amount of that back to actual charities. The predominant church in my area considers itself a charitable organization for the tax benefits but the actual amount of charity is about 1%.

Haha, such a cop out.
I already posted a link for you. That's one more than you have provided.

Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS

If they are so cruel to poor, why are they the ones who donate a lot more to charities which help the poor?

Why are they the ones who abolished slavery?

Oh, I know why... by poor you mean specifically the loser human filth, like possibly... yourself. You are pissed that the republicans wouldn't want to give free stuff to someone who is just sitting on his ass while they work 80 hours a week.

To answer the question in the OP, it's because conservatives are selfish pieces of shit,.

but they give more to charity than liberals??
I'll repeat:

Conservatives tend to donate to their churches (tax deductable) which in turn, contribute a small amount of that back to actual charities. The predominant church in my area considers itself a charitable organization for the tax benefits but the actual amount of charity is about 1%.

Forum List

Back