Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

show me the stats that prove your argument and I will believe you.
32 oz carrots, $1.84 at Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fresh-1-Carrots-Peeled-Baby-Cut-32-Oz/10451316
So you now you think everyone should be a rabbit and eat carrots all the time huh? How many commercials do republicans finance advertising carrots?
What's a healthy diet to you then?

Apples?
5 lbs, $4.92
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-York-Apple-Sales-Jonagold-Apples-5-lbs/49509907

Bananas?
35 cents a pound
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bananas-1-lb/44390948

Want to keep going?
Loaf of bread?
I bought a nice new York strip steak at food lion for $4.23. About the price of a big mac.
Exactly. You can eat healthy at 1/3 the cost of fast food.
I sometimes find five pound bags of flour at the dollar store or dollar general store.

i am practicing baking more.

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money the government pisses away on these cretins and open up government-run restaurants which catered solely to those receiving public assistance, where meals are paid for with vouchers which would represent the amount of money they would normally receive for food? The benefits of such a program could be staggering if it's operated correctly...

The government should never be in the business of providing any kind of welfare.

It should be left up to the individual to contribute to charity as they see fit.
Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution.

Providing for the common Offense or general Warfare, is not.
Which the Supreme Court says only gives the government the right to tax for things the government feels are important. LIKE NATIONAL DEFENSE.

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS

Yes, I just got through kicking a poor person.

In my own defense though, I tripped over a dead body who had starved to death in the streets while avoiding the corpses of dead children who were denied universal healthcare as I was on my way to watch old people be thrown off cliffs.

You Stalinists come up with the most magical tales.....
the republican health care alternative, is what, again?
capitalism to reduce prices 80%

That's what the Republican plan SHOULD be, but the mess in front of Congress is not that.

Because that is where the rich got every penny they have. By stealing it from the working poor.

Why are much of the poor in The United States fat?
Because they eat terrible food and cant afford good food.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the money the government pisses away on these cretins and open up government-run restaurants which catered solely to those receiving public assistance, where meals are paid for with vouchers which would represent the amount of money they would normally receive for food? The benefits of such a program could be staggering if it's operated correctly...

The government should never be in the business of providing any kind of welfare.

It should be left up to the individual to contribute to charity as they see fit.
Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution.

Providing for the common Offense or general Warfare, is not.
Which the Supreme Court says only gives the government the right to tax for things the government feels are important. LIKE NATIONAL DEFENSE.
national defense should require national defense tax rates; not lowering tax rates. How important is national defense, if we can lower and not raise, national defense tax rates?

Ridiculous. Our poor are wildly wealthy compared to much of the world. Liberals like to concoct sob stories to excite sympathy just to get more and more.

This is one of the most consistent right wing fallacies out there. Poor people in American are not "wildly weathy" compared to the rest of the world's poor. They are, in some ways, worse off, because the poor in other first world countries have access to health care that American poor people don 't have. They have access to better education than American poor people have, and have a better chance at working their way out of poverty.

American working people don't have paid vacations, unemployment insurance, maternity or family leave, and they have fewer worker rights or protections.

The idea that owning a flat screen TV or a microwave makes one "wildly wealthy" is ridiculous, given that the only kind of TV you can buy is a flat screen, and a microwave oven costs $100, or less.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
These old sick people need to TAKE SOME PERSOAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES. Cabs go to grocery stores, and they can pretend the cat food is pate.

[

the republicans want them drug tested in Firms they own; and to deny and disparage the poor, steak and lobster if they fail any drug tests.

Take another bong hit, danny.
that is what i was doing, when i wrote it.

i love irony.

Oh, that was painfully obvious.
Is it wrong to accept, "sexual charity" from women, because it covers, "multitudes of sins"?

If they are so cruel to poor, why are they the ones who donate a lot more to charities which help the poor?

Why are they the ones who abolished slavery?

Oh, I know why... by poor you mean specifically the loser human filth, like possibly... yourself. You are pissed that the republicans wouldn't want to give free stuff to someone who is just sitting on his ass while they work 80 hours a week.
Tommy is Welsh. The Welsh have long lived on, and squandered, massive donations from the EU. That's why they are so terrified of Brexit. The Welsh love handouts, and Tommy Tainted is no exception.

Tell Me something.

Do you consider it cruel to withhold a bottle of whiskey from an alcoholic who is demanding it in a loud and nasty voice?

Using government to support and keep poor people dependent upon it, is in no way My idea of a compassionate ideology.

To answer the question in the OP, it's because conservatives are selfish pieces of shit,.

but they give more to charity than liberals??
I'll repeat:

Conservatives tend to donate to their churches (tax deductable) which in turn, contribute a small amount of that back to actual charities. The predominant church in my area considers itself a charitable organization for the tax benefits but the actual amount of charity is about 1%.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Our church is a big contributor to feeding the poor and providing services in the community to those that really need it.

This next Sunday morning we will meet at the regular service time and go en mass to the grocery stores and buy food instead of having the normal worship service. We do that several times a year.

What are you going to be doing this Sunday morning Moon Bat, laying in bed?

The third weekend of every month my wife and I go to the grocery store and buy food and donate it to our church's food pantry. We also help to support an orphanage.

What do you do Moon Bat other than bitch that the rich are not being taxed enough?

Forum List

Back