Why are the stocks diving so much lately?

I just heard they're down 340 or so. If it's a course correction where is the bottom?

China's market is causing problems in ours. And there may be some type of correction going on.

There's a reason I see the stock market as gambling.

There is nothing surprising with that, considering the fact that Wall St and China being one entity together.

China makes the phone, Apple sells the phone, Wall St distributes the profit...
Manufacturing, Marketing, Accounting :D

No. Chickens coming home to roost would be if China called in the debt baby bush ran up

Remind me Comrade Fakejew, what was the debt when Bush left office?

What is it now?

gv020516dAPR20160205064515.jpg

The chickens came home to roost. This was inevitable

Like the crash of '87? 2008?

I see you left out 2000...why? LMAO

Actually, we have had six deeper recessions than the recession that started in late 2000.
The 2000 recession lasted longer than any other previous recession since 1948 up to that point. The 2007 recession of course is now the longest recession since 1948.
On a side note, notice how much longer recessions have lasted much longer since flat wage growth that started in the 80's began to effect the strength and stability of the US economy.

PrivateScariest5-thumb-615x407-104098.png

I just heard they're down 340 or so. If it's a course correction where is the bottom?
China's economy is slowing. It's still growing, but the rate of growth has slowed. Also, there is every indication they have been in the mother of all real estate bubbles.

Then there is Japan, recently announcing negative interest rates. Holy shit!

Some of the European Union countries are also in negative interest rate territory.

This is the mother of all bond bubbles.

And then there is the dollar, which is very strong right now. That's bad news for US exporters. It's great if you are traveling abroad, though.

Here's the dollar index for the past 3 years:

25ptj10.jpg

But the biggest drag is the price of oil.

You want to hear a number that is mind boggling?

According to the CIA World Factbook, there are 1.656 trillion barrels of proved oil reserves.

That's not the mind boggling part. Hold on.

But first, I must specify what "proved oil reserves" means:

"Proved reserves are those quantities of petroleum which, by analysis of geological and engineering data, can be estimated with a high degree of confidence to be commercially recoverable from a given date forward, from known reservoirs and under current economic conditions."

Okay. That's oil we know is there. It's money just sitting in the ground, waiting to be taken out and put in the bank.

Here's comes the mind blower.

The price of crude oil on January 31, 2014 was $102.10. The price of crude oil on January 31, 2016 was $29.78.

So, let's do the math and see how much wealth has gone up in smoke. Ready?

102.10 - 29.78 = 72.32.

So in the past two years, every proven reserve barrel of oil has lost $72.32 in value.

Multiply that by the 1.656 trillion barrels of proven reserves, and in the past two years $119,761,920,000,000 of wealth has vaporized.

$120 TRILLION!!!!

Last edited:

Actually, we have had six deeper recessions than the recession that started in late 2000.
The 2000 recession lasted longer than any other previous recession since 1948 up to that point. The 2007 recession of course is now the longest recession since 1948.
On a side note, notice how much longer recessions have lasted much longer since flat wage growth that started in the 80's began to effect the strength and stability of the US economy.

View attachment 62761

The thread is about the current market situation, I don't care about past performance, it's deflection, nothing more and nothing less

So what's the big deal, you may be wondering. It's not like the oil in the ground is actually someone's bank account and they have lost money.

Oh, but it actually is someone's bank account. You see, those people who own those reserves have gotten loans and issued high interest bonds, using those reserves as collateral.

What happens to a debtor when their collateral loses value? What do you think all those creditors holding those high interest bonds and the paper on all those loans are thinking as they ponder the fact the collateral backing all those bonds has lost $120 trillion in value?

What do you think the investors who bought tranches of derivatives build on all those loans and bonds are thinking?

Yeah.

Let the fun times begin.

View attachment 62761

The thread is about the current market situation, I don't care about past performance, it's deflection, nothing more and nothing less

Didn't you and NYcarbineer mention a couple of past performances? So if I'm deflecting, you too are guilty of the offense.

View attachment 62761

Didn't you and NYcarbineer mention a couple of past performances? So if I'm deflecting, you too are guilty of the offense.

He conveniently left out Clinton's crash, I reminded him he wasn't fooling anyone.

The stock market is cyclical. It is moved by myriad macro and micro, domestic and global influences. And even blind, irrational emotion at times.

A bull or bear market for one President may be the responsibility or fault of actions by the prior President. Or the President before that.

For the most part, making this stuff political is silly. It's just a wee bit more complicated than that.

We know this, right?

View attachment 62761

You should care.

Here's the Obama stock market:

big.chart

No. Chickens coming home to roost would be if China called in the debt baby bush ran up
After how much Obama has spent I'm speechless.

you mean bush didn't run two wars of choice on china's dime while being the first leader in history to cut taxes during wartime?

the budget on anything that isn't war has been cut and cut and cut.... if you were interested in any type of reality, you wouldn't be "shocked"/

View attachment 62761

You should care.

Here's the Obama stock market:

big.chart

If it's "Obama's stock market" he owns what's coming....and is coming

<eye roll> All you have is a BBBBuuuutttt BOOOOOOOSH! Lame

well, perhaps you should take responsibility for him, nutbar.

*shrug*

As soon as you take responsibility for Obungles I'll get right on it.....nut bar. Now go play attorney or something and stop pestering me with your nonsense

<eye roll> All you have is a BBBBuuuutttt BOOOOOOOSH! Lame

well, perhaps you should take responsibility for him, nutbar.

*shrug*

As soon as you take responsibility for Obungles I'll get right on it.....nut bar. Now go play attorney or something and stop pestering me with your nonsense

you should probably get your president's name right before anyone takes you seriously.

if people like you were rational and not Obama-deranged lying loons, there might be room for discussion.

but the reality is he's neither a great nor a terrible president. he's better at domestic policy than foreign policy.

and even then he's a thousand times better than anyone you losers ran for president or his idiot predecessor who was the worst president in my lifetime.

but imbeciles like you are too busy foaming at the mouth to do anything with but laugh at your moronic selves.

Equity pricing in both emerging and established markets are driven by current and forecasted earnings. During an economic contraction in conjunction with guidance given disclosing earnings will be lower moving forward than originally forecasted by the street equity prices will be driven down resulting in the liquidation of positions to provide liquidity in redirecting investment activities toward alternate asset classes. Current bond pricing is reflecting an increase in demand reflecting this shift resulting in bond prices at or above par, in addition precious metals are moving upward. Once equilibrium is reestablished, at lower valuations, in keeping with earnings, the market will stabilize.
From the political standpoint increasing government spending and artificial manipulating rates will not allow the market to correct itself nor increase demand for goods and services from the private sector. The subsequent result of continued government manipulation will be that of a puppy chasing its tail with increased volatility fueled by government monetary and fiscal policy. The market rewards and punishes business and investors for poor decisions and should be allowed to do so to reestablish a solid base. The role of the Federal Reserve should be that of monetary stability not market manipulation. This current quasi recovery has no market generated base which is the underlying reason why the level of volatility is off the charts.

you mean bush didn't run two wars of choice on china's dime while being the first leader in history to cut taxes during wartime?

the budget on anything that isn't war has been cut and cut and cut.... if you were interested in any type of reality, you wouldn't be "shocked"/
Obama has outspent all of the presidents combined. Hillary supported and voted for the Iraq war. So voting for her would be like voting for Bush again.

Obama has outspent all of the presidents combined. Hillary supported and voted for the Iraq war. So voting for her would be like voting for Bush again.

On what? The bailout we needed because Bush crashed the economy? I think you might want to check your numbers. I don't believe your information is correct. Besides, it's WHAT we spend money on. You can't keep cutting anything that helps people while cutting taxes for the top 1% and dumping all of our money into waging war.

I would like to see what you're basing your assertion on though. My feeling is we should dump huge amounts of money into infrastructure which we desperately need and which will actually grow, instead of screw, the middle class.

On what? The bailout we needed because Bush crashed the economy? I think you might want to check your numbers. I don't believe your information is correct. Besides, it's WHAT we spend money on. You can't keep cutting anything that helps people while cutting taxes for the top 1% and dumping all of our money into waging war.

I would like to see what you're basing your assertion on though. My feeling is we should dump huge amounts of money into infrastructure which we desperately need and which will actually grow, instead of screw, the middle class.

Stock market up, Praise Obama Praise be his holy name
Stock market down, Booooooooooooooooooooooosh

It's just plain looney

Forum List

Back