Why Are We A Democracy?

What are you arguing? All Im saying is....ghwb was appointed by the supreme court. Hewas NOT elected. Thats all.

What are you arguing, that if the SC is brought such a case, they should just allow the Fla courts to do as they like in violation of the Constitution? Do you even understand what the Supreme Court does?

Im telling you what happened.

What happened is that Bush won the election.

Why Are We A Democracy?
We are not a democracy....Bush Jr. didn't win the popular vote in 2000, the Supreme Court overruled the popular vote.

What is this ignorance? The popular vote was never going to determine that election. Electoral votes determine the presidency. And George Bush won them no matter how many times democrats demanded recounts.

The popular vote wont matter this election. For example Gary Johnson may come in third in the popular vote. But if McMullin is the only third party candidate with electoral votes, when this race goes to the House to will be between Clinton, Trump, and McMullin instead of Johnson.

And its very possible Clinton could win the popular vote and not become president.

Really? Then why did gb have to be appointed by the supreme court?
Presidents are elected by the states, not the people, consistent with the fact that we’re a Constitutional Republic not a democracy.

GWB was elected president by the states with 271 EC votes, that a majority of Americans voted for Al Gore over Bush is Constitutionally irrelevant, and further proof that we’re not a democracy.
Ta da!...not a democracy....yet the republicans force democracy on Iraq and Afghanistan.

What are you arguing? All Im saying is....ghwb was appointed by the supreme court. Hewas NOT elected. Thats all.

What are you arguing, that if the SC is brought such a case, they should just allow the Fla courts to do as they like in violation of the Constitution? Do you even understand what the Supreme Court does?

I never argued who was president you remarkably stupid troll. You follow me around and disagree with every single thing I say. What a waste of oxygen you are.

I never argued who was president you remarkably stupid troll. You follow me around and disagree with every single thing I say. What a waste of oxygen you are.
Bed wetter

No one is forcing you to be wrong. Take some personal responsibility.

We're a Constitutional Republic. Not a Democracy. Democracy is mob rule.

Correct, America is elitist rule

If you want a taste of democracy, just vote against your local school tax which is pretty much the only thing you get to vote on directly

Leave the rest to Hillary.

Forum List

Back