Why Blacks Vote Democrat

Thats an easy answer. Most Blacks vote Dem because they always knew the Republican party was racist and courted the vote of white segregationists.

That's ignorant crap. The majority of blacks voted republican until the 1930s. The KKK came from democrats right after Lincoln's Emancipation. More switched when LBJ got the Civil Rights bill passed even though a higher percentage of democrats opposed it. It would never have passed without republicans, but LBJ got credit.. Read books.

Last edited:
Funny how people expect a whole bible-thick book's worth of history out of a video meant to give an opinion with quick facts, it's aimed at a majority of average Americans, who have short attention spans as we all could agree, Id hope.

He gave enough info to prove his point.

How about you debunk what he said instead of sitting here & bitching that he didn't detail every aspect of the history of blacks in America?

He never said much about the Southern strategy and he openly lied about Nixon not being a racist. I thought the video was a comedy piece to be honest.

Last edited:
Thats an easy answer. Most Blacks vote Dem because they always knew the Republican party was racist and courted the vote of white segregationists.

That's ignorant crap. The majority of blacks voted republican until the 1930s. The KKK came from democrats right after Lincoln's Emancipation. Read books.

I'm talking present day since Nixon was elected. Lincoln was a racist as well.

He also skewed the timeline. Plessy vs Ferguson was before the vote of 1912. Wilson released the below statement:

"unfair discriminating laws against any class or race" and believed "that the qualifications for voting should be the same for all men." He added:
I want to assure them through you that should I become President of the United States, they may count upon me for absolute fair dealing and for everything by which I could assist in advancing the interests of their race in the United States.

The person that made the video is an unabashed liar or borderline retarded.

That's ignorant crap. The majority of blacks voted republican until the 1930s. The KKK came from democrats right after Lincoln's Emancipation. Read books.

Lincoln freed the slaves. Period. The KKK originated with democrats. Period.

Lincoln was a racist period. I know the KKK originated with the Dems. What does that have to do with now?

I'd say that's lie, but based on your ignorance, it's probably just stupidity.

Probably best for you to consider it stupidity. That way you wont have to face facts. The Republicans have admitted to the Southern strategy. Read em and weep.

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy | Mediaite

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

Last edited:

Probably best for you to consider it stupidity. That way you wont have to face facts. The Republicans have admitted to the Southern strategy. Read em and weep.

Obama is a racist. He hustled race with the Beer Summit and Trayvon Martin.

Funny how people expect a whole bible-thick book's worth of history out of a video meant to give an opinion with quick facts, it's aimed at a majority of average Americans, who have short attention spans as we all could agree, Id hope.

How about you debunk what he said instead of sitting here & bitching that he didn't detail every aspect of the history of blacks in America?

He never said much about the Southern strategy and he openly lied about Nixon not being a racist. I thought the video was a comedy piece to be honest.

"The Southern Strategy" is a myth designed for morons like you.

Bet you don't know about the Southern Manifesto......

1. In 1956, 19 Senators and 77 members of the House of Representatives signed the "Southern Manifesto," a resolution condemning the 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The resolution called the decision "a clear abuse of judicial power" and encouraged states to resist implementing its mandates. In response to Southern opposition, in 1958 the Court revisited the Brown decision in Cooper v. Aaron, asserting that the states were bound by the ruling and affirming that its interpretation of the Constitution was the "supreme law of the land."
Signed by:

Members of the United States Senate:

Alabama-John Sparkman and Lister Hill.

Arkansas-J. W. Fulbright and John L. McClellan.

Florida-George A. Smathers and Spessard L. Holland.

Georgia-Walter F. George and Richard B. Russell.

Louisiana-Allen J. Ellender and Russell B. Lono.

Mississippi-John Stennis and James O. Eastland.

North Carolina-Sam J. Ervin Jr. and W. Kerr Scott.

South Carolina-Strom Thurmon and Olin D. Johnston.

Texas-Price Daniel.

Virginia-Harry F. Bird and A. Willis Robertson.
The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Primary Sources | PBS
Hey…did you notice the party of the signers? Wonder why not?
Anyone doubt that hiding the party of Democrats when related to slavery and segregation is a practiced art?

2. It is widely referred to as the Southern Manifesto advocating continued segregation. Nearly every leading member of Congress from the South signs it. But the organizers decide to exclude Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson and House Speaker Sam Rayburn, both of Texas, because they don't want the national party to be linked to their efforts. On This Day In 1956: 'Southern Manifesto' On Race Signed By 100 : It's All Politics : NPR

3. Signatories:
 John Sparkman (D-Alabama)
 Lister Hill (D-Alabama)
 William Fulbright (D-Arkansas)[1]
 John L. McClellan (D-Arkansas)
 George A. Smathers (D-Florida)
 Spessard Holland (D-Florida)
 Walter F. George (D-Georgia)
 Richard B. Russell (D-Georgia)
 Allen J. Ellender (D-Louisiana)
 Russell B. Long (D-Louisiana)
 James O. Eastland (D-Mississippi)
 John Stennis (D-Mississippi)
 Samuel Ervin (D-North Carolina)
 W. Kerr Scott (D-North Carolina)
 Strom Thurmond (D-South Carolina)[1]
 Olin D. Johnston (D-South Carolina)
 Price Daniel (D-Texas)
 Harry F. Byrd (D-Virginia) [1]
 A. Willis Robertson (D-Virginia)
 Southern Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moron.

Lincoln was a racist period. I know the KKK originated with the Dems. What does that have to do with now?

Lincoln freed the slaves. Your claim means nothing in history.

Sorry bub he only freed some slaves and it wasnt because he like Black people. He also said this:

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution,"
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy slavery."

Which has nothing to do with why Blacks vote Dem.

"The Southern Strategy" is a myth designed for morons like you.

Bet you don't know about the Southern Manifesto......

1. In 1956, 19 Senators and 77 members of the House of Representatives signed the "Southern Manifesto," a resolution condemning the 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The resolution called the decision "a clear abuse of judicial power" and encouraged states to resist implementing its mandates. In response to Southern opposition, in 1958 the Court revisited the Brown decision in Cooper v. Aaron, asserting that the states were bound by the ruling and affirming that its interpretation of the Constitution was the "supreme law of the land."
Signed by:

Members of the United States Senate:

Alabama-John Sparkman and Lister Hill.

Arkansas-J. W. Fulbright and John L. McClellan.

Florida-George A. Smathers and Spessard L. Holland.

Georgia-Walter F. George and Richard B. Russell.

Louisiana-Allen J. Ellender and Russell B. Lono.

Mississippi-John Stennis and James O. Eastland.

North Carolina-Sam J. Ervin Jr. and W. Kerr Scott.

South Carolina-Strom Thurmon and Olin D. Johnston.

Texas-Price Daniel.

Virginia-Harry F. Bird and A. Willis Robertson.
The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Primary Sources | PBS
Hey…did you notice the party of the signers? Wonder why not?
Anyone doubt that hiding the party of Democrats when related to slavery and segregation is a practiced art?

2. It is widely referred to as the Southern Manifesto advocating continued segregation. Nearly every leading member of Congress from the South signs it. But the organizers decide to exclude Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson and House Speaker Sam Rayburn, both of Texas, because they don't want the national party to be linked to their efforts. On This Day In 1956: 'Southern Manifesto' On Race Signed By 100 : It's All Politics : NPR

3. Signatories:
 John Sparkman (D-Alabama)
 Lister Hill (D-Alabama)
 William Fulbright (D-Arkansas)[1]
 John L. McClellan (D-Arkansas)
 George A. Smathers (D-Florida)
 Spessard Holland (D-Florida)
 Walter F. George (D-Georgia)
 Richard B. Russell (D-Georgia)
 Allen J. Ellender (D-Louisiana)
 Russell B. Long (D-Louisiana)
 James O. Eastland (D-Mississippi)
 John Stennis (D-Mississippi)
 Samuel Ervin (D-North Carolina)
 W. Kerr Scott (D-North Carolina)
 Strom Thurmond (D-South Carolina)[1]
 Olin D. Johnston (D-South Carolina)
 Price Daniel (D-Texas)
 Harry F. Byrd (D-Virginia) [1]
 A. Willis Robertson (D-Virginia)
 Southern Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moron.

How is it a myth if the Republican party admitted to it? Try a little harder to convince me. :lol:

Lincoln freed the slaves. Your claim means nothing in history.

Sorry bub he only freed some slaves and it wasnt because he like Black people. He also said this:

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution,"
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy slavery."

Emancipation Proclamation. Who signed it?

http://www.black-and-right.com/2010/03/19/the-dixiecrat-myth/

read that and give me your critique.

Lincoln also said this:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]-that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Which has nothing to do with why Blacks vote Dem.

Then neither does your claim Lincoln was racist. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Why did blacks vote republican after the Civil War?

Forum List

Back