Why Blacks Vote Democrat

Why blacks don't vote Republican

obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

Funny how people expect a whole bible-thick book's worth of history out of a video meant to give an opinion with quick facts, it's aimed at a majority of average Americans, who have short attention spans as we all could agree, Id hope.

He gave enough info to prove his point.

How about you debunk what he said instead of sitting here & bitching that he didn't detail every aspect of the history of blacks in America?

He never said much about the Southern strategy and he openly lied about Nixon not being a racist. I thought the video was a comedy piece to be honest.

http://www.black-and-right.com/2010/03/19/the-dixiecrat-myth/

read that and give me your critique.

That is a little more accurate depiction of events. Still the author is merely pushing his opinion of why racist whites starting voting for the GOP. We know this to be untrue simply because the Republican party admitted to going after their vote.

He never said much about the Southern strategy and he openly lied about Nixon not being a racist. I thought the video was a comedy piece to be honest.

"The Southern Strategy" is a myth designed for morons like you.

Bet you don't know about the Southern Manifesto......

1. In 1956, 19 Senators and 77 members of the House of Representatives signed the "Southern Manifesto," a resolution condemning the 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The resolution called the decision "a clear abuse of judicial power" and encouraged states to resist implementing its mandates. In response to Southern opposition, in 1958 the Court revisited the Brown decision in Cooper v. Aaron, asserting that the states were bound by the ruling and affirming that its interpretation of the Constitution was the "supreme law of the land."
Signed by:

Members of the United States Senate:

Alabama-John Sparkman and Lister Hill.

Arkansas-J. W. Fulbright and John L. McClellan.

Florida-George A. Smathers and Spessard L. Holland.

Georgia-Walter F. George and Richard B. Russell.

Louisiana-Allen J. Ellender and Russell B. Lono.

Mississippi-John Stennis and James O. Eastland.

North Carolina-Sam J. Ervin Jr. and W. Kerr Scott.

South Carolina-Strom Thurmon and Olin D. Johnston.

Texas-Price Daniel.

Virginia-Harry F. Bird and A. Willis Robertson.
The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Primary Sources | PBS
Hey…did you notice the party of the signers? Wonder why not?
Anyone doubt that hiding the party of Democrats when related to slavery and segregation is a practiced art?

2. It is widely referred to as the Southern Manifesto advocating continued segregation. Nearly every leading member of Congress from the South signs it. But the organizers decide to exclude Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson and House Speaker Sam Rayburn, both of Texas, because they don't want the national party to be linked to their efforts. On This Day In 1956: 'Southern Manifesto' On Race Signed By 100 : It's All Politics : NPR

3. Signatories:
 John Sparkman (D-Alabama)
 Lister Hill (D-Alabama)
 William Fulbright (D-Arkansas)[1]
 John L. McClellan (D-Arkansas)
 George A. Smathers (D-Florida)
 Spessard Holland (D-Florida)
 Walter F. George (D-Georgia)
 Richard B. Russell (D-Georgia)
 Allen J. Ellender (D-Louisiana)
 Russell B. Long (D-Louisiana)
 James O. Eastland (D-Mississippi)
 John Stennis (D-Mississippi)
 Samuel Ervin (D-North Carolina)
 W. Kerr Scott (D-North Carolina)
 Strom Thurmond (D-South Carolina)[1]
 Olin D. Johnston (D-South Carolina)
 Price Daniel (D-Texas)
 Harry F. Byrd (D-Virginia) [1]
 A. Willis Robertson (D-Virginia)
 Southern Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moron.

How is it a myth if the Republican party admitted to it? Try a little harder to convince me. :lol:

Convincing you is not possible, but setting the record straight, is.

1. Perhaps the best example of how little individual thought, or even curiosity, the reliable Democrat voter is allowed, is the provably false myth of a Republican Southern Strategy. Absurd though it is…

2. First of all, the Democrats didn’t pass the Civil Rights Bill of 1964. That bill, along with every civil rights bill for the preceding century, was supported by substantially more Republicans than Democrats.

3. Second, the South kept voting for Democrats for decades after that 1964 act. And, btw, Democrats continued to win a plurality of votes in southern congressional elections for the next 30 years…right up to 1994.
"GOP Poised to Reap Redistricting Rewards" by Michael Barone on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

a. Between ’48 and ’88, Republicans never won a majority of the Dixiecrat states, outside of two 49-state landslides. Any loses in the South are directly attributable to their championing abortion, gays in the military, Christian-bashing, springing criminals, attacks on guns, dovish foreign policy, ‘save the whales/kill the humans environmentalism….certainly not race!

b. Rather than the Republicans winning the Dixiecrat vote, the Dixiecrats simply died out. By contrast, Democrats kept winning the alleged “segregationist” states into the ‘90’s. If states were voting for Goldwater out of racism, what of Carter’s 1976 sweep of all the Goldwater states?

These are the facts.

4. "Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster."
Everything I Know Is Wrong: History of the Republican Party

So.....you admit to being a moron?

"The Southern Strategy" is a myth designed for morons like you.

Bet you don't know about the Southern Manifesto......

1. In 1956, 19 Senators and 77 members of the House of Representatives signed the "Southern Manifesto," a resolution condemning the 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The resolution called the decision "a clear abuse of judicial power" and encouraged states to resist implementing its mandates. In response to Southern opposition, in 1958 the Court revisited the Brown decision in Cooper v. Aaron, asserting that the states were bound by the ruling and affirming that its interpretation of the Constitution was the "supreme law of the land."
Signed by:

Members of the United States Senate:

Alabama-John Sparkman and Lister Hill.

Arkansas-J. W. Fulbright and John L. McClellan.

Florida-George A. Smathers and Spessard L. Holland.

Georgia-Walter F. George and Richard B. Russell.

Louisiana-Allen J. Ellender and Russell B. Lono.

Mississippi-John Stennis and James O. Eastland.

North Carolina-Sam J. Ervin Jr. and W. Kerr Scott.

South Carolina-Strom Thurmon and Olin D. Johnston.

Texas-Price Daniel.

Virginia-Harry F. Bird and A. Willis Robertson.
The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Primary Sources | PBS
Hey…did you notice the party of the signers? Wonder why not?
Anyone doubt that hiding the party of Democrats when related to slavery and segregation is a practiced art?

2. It is widely referred to as the Southern Manifesto advocating continued segregation. Nearly every leading member of Congress from the South signs it. But the organizers decide to exclude Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson and House Speaker Sam Rayburn, both of Texas, because they don't want the national party to be linked to their efforts. On This Day In 1956: 'Southern Manifesto' On Race Signed By 100 : It's All Politics : NPR

3. Signatories:
 John Sparkman (D-Alabama)
 Lister Hill (D-Alabama)
 William Fulbright (D-Arkansas)[1]
 John L. McClellan (D-Arkansas)
 George A. Smathers (D-Florida)
 Spessard Holland (D-Florida)
 Walter F. George (D-Georgia)
 Richard B. Russell (D-Georgia)
 Allen J. Ellender (D-Louisiana)
 Russell B. Long (D-Louisiana)
 James O. Eastland (D-Mississippi)
 John Stennis (D-Mississippi)
 Samuel Ervin (D-North Carolina)
 W. Kerr Scott (D-North Carolina)
 Strom Thurmond (D-South Carolina)[1]
 Olin D. Johnston (D-South Carolina)
 Price Daniel (D-Texas)
 Harry F. Byrd (D-Virginia) [1]
 A. Willis Robertson (D-Virginia)
 Southern Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moron.

How is it a myth if the Republican party admitted to it? Try a little harder to convince me. :lol:

1. Perhaps the best example of how little individual thought, or even curiosity, the reliable Democrat voter is allowed, is the provably false myth of a Republican Southern Strategy. Absurd though it is…

2. First of all, the Democrats didn’t pass the Civil Rights Bill of 1964. That bill, along with every civil rights bill for the preceding century, was supported by substantially more Republicans than Democrats.

3. Second, the South kept voting for Democrats for decades after that 1964 act. And, btw, Democrats continued to win a plurality of votes in southern congressional elections for the next 30 years…right up to 1994.
"GOP Poised to Reap Redistricting Rewards" by Michael Barone on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

a. Between ’48 and ’88, Republicans never won a majority of the Dixiecrat states, outside of two 49-state landslides. Any loses in the South are directly attributable to their championing abortion, gays in the military, Christian-bashing, springing criminals, attacks on guns, dovish foreign policy, ‘save the whales/kill the humans environmentalism….certainly not race!

b. Rather than the Republicans winning the Dixiecrat vote, the Dixiecrats simply died out. By contrast, Democrats kept winning the alleged “segregationist” states into the ‘90’s. If states were voting for Goldwater out of racism, what of Carter’s 1976 sweep of all the Goldwater states?

These are the facts.

4. "Three years after Brown, President Eisenhower won passage of his landmark Civil Rights Act of 1957. Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act, and saw it through to passage. Republicans supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act overwhelmingly, and by much higher percentages in both House and Senate than the Democrats. Indeed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act became law only after overcoming a Democrat filibuster."

You typed all that but keep ignoring the Republican party admitted to the Southern strategy. Are you admitting you are an imbecile?

Why do blacks vote Democrat?

Maybe because Republicans have only voted in SIX blacks to higher office in the last 100 years

Funny how people expect a whole bible-thick book's worth of history out of a video meant to give an opinion with quick facts, it's aimed at a majority of average Americans, who have short attention spans as we all could agree, Id hope.

He gave enough info to prove his point.

How about you debunk what he said instead of sitting here & bitching that he didn't detail every aspect of the history of blacks in America?

An interesting review, I disagree with some points, though any view that dispenses with cliches will start better discussions.

Obama is a witchdoctor, that picture doesn't offend me at all. Why would black folks be offended by that? I could see it if they used some racist remark in there....but it's clearly about Obamacare & Obama is the equivelant of a witchdoctor because his Obamacare was phoney feel good hoo-haw with nothing realistic about it.

Tell me why I should take that picture to mean the person who made it thinks all black people are witchdoctors?

Obama is a witchdoctor, that picture doesn't offend me at all. Why would black folks be offended by that? I could see it if they used some racist remark in there....but it's clearly about Obamacare & Obama is the equivelant of a witchdoctor because his Obamacare was phoney feel good hoo-haw with nothing realistic about it.

Tell me why I should take that picture to mean the person who made it thinks all black people are witchdoctors?

The fact that they want it to be offensive is offensive. It doesnt bother me either but the fact they want it to bother me lets me know what kind of low life trash the Reps have in their party.

These are the facts.

You typed all that but keep ignoring the Republican party admitted to the Southern strategy. Are you admitting you are an imbecile?

Steele doesn't speak for the republican party.

The fact that they want it to be offensive is offensive. It doesnt bother me either but the fact they want it to bother me lets me know what kind of low life trash the Reps have in their party.

You think the picture is racist?

Thats an easy answer. Most Blacks vote Dem because they always knew the Republican party was racist and courted the vote of white segregationists.

I'd say that's lie, but based on your ignorance, it's probably just stupidity.

Probably best for you to consider it stupidity. That way you wont have to face facts. The Republicans have admitted to the Southern strategy. Read em and weep.

RNC Chair Michael Steele Confesses to Race-Based Southern Strategy | Mediaite

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

1. No matter whose quotes you pull out, only a moron would continue with the lie in the face of these facts:

2. According to this liberal myth, Goldwater and the Republicans were racists and used racism to appeal to racist southerners to change the electoral map. To believe the tale, one must be either a reliable Democrat voter, and/or be ignorant of the history of the time.

3. Goldwater was one of only six Republican senators to vote against the 1964 act. He did so on libertarian grounds, opposed to the act’s restrictions on private property which he believed beyond the Congress’s powers under the commerce clause. Five others supported the party’s presidential nominee.

a. Goldwater went on to win five southern states in 1964: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina. But he lost eight.

b. Democrats build the ‘southern strategy’ tale on the fact that the same states voted for ‘Dixiecrat’ Strom Thurmond in 1948 (less Georgia).

c. Except that Nixon and Reagan lost, or almost lost the same states in ’68 and ’80…

d. And Jimmy Carter and Clinton did pretty well in those states in ’76 and ’92.

e. And the Goldwater states went right back to voting Democrat for decades…

4. So…if Republicans were racists and got racist southerners to vote for them, how to explain this: Republicans always did best in the southern states that Goldwater lost, which happened to be the same ones Republicans had been winning with some regularity since 1928.

a. In ’28, ’52, ’56, and ’60, Republicans generally won Virginia, Florida, Texas, Kentucky and sometimes North Carolina or Louisiana.
Did you notice that those years were before 1964?

b. Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em. “When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.” The neocons & Nixon's southern strategy - Pat Buchanan - Page 1

c. In ’76, Carter swept the South. Was Carter appealing to bigots….or is that only the case when Republicans win the South?

5. Reagan lost or barely won the Goldwater states…but Reagan won among young southern voters- but lost among seniors, those who has voted in ’48 and ’64. That meant that the segregationists never abandoned the Democrats: eventually they died or were outvoted by younger voters.

…after Thurmond’s run, the Dixiecrats went right back to voting for Democrats for another half century.

Those are the facts.

The "Southern Strategy" is a Liberal myth......But you having the ability to understand is a myth, as well.

An interesting review, I disagree with some points, though any view that dispenses with cliches will start better discussions.

I forgot to mention too that the funniest thing about the Republican denial of the Southern strategy is the fact they try to confuse the issue by saying all the Dixiecrats did not become Republicans. They do that so you dont remember that the entire voting base of rednecks and inbred white trash became Republicans after that. Hmmm. Lets see an entire voting bloc or less than 20 senators?

These are the facts.

Steele doesn't speak for the republican party.

Actually he does as the RNC chair when he made the statement. He isnt the only one either. Did you forget the other link? National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman. Also do you have any links refuting the comments of those 2? I would be interested to see the response of the Republican party on it.

You think the picture is racist?

I think the picture is a reflection of what inbred white trash see when they think of Black people. I dont know if its racist or not.

Forum List

Back