Why Did Black People Vote for Obama?

i dont want to mention any names....but that is kinda like the asshole..cough "Poet" cough... who has been thanking TM through this whole thread....he agrees with that statement 100%....its kinda funny....a bigot thanking someone for remarks that describe them.... they said Poet was like that.....they were right.....

You don't want to mention any names, but you did. Asshole? Opinion. And yes, I've been thanking Truthmatters, because I'm in complete agreement. A bigot? Prove that. Against whom? White people, in general? Absolutely not. I'm against ideologies, not people. Conservatives of all colors disgust me, because they have no compassion or love for anyone other than themselves.

big·ot

[ bíggət ]

1.intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views.

Oops. Well, I guess I am a bigot, with a caveat. I refuse to accept different views, but I believe that you're entitled to have them.
And I'm still waiting for anyone on the right to prove that their disagreement with President Obama is "policy-driven" and not "race-based". Good luck with proving subjectivity as objectivity.

but you have nothing to say when Poet says every fucking person who is on the right is against Obama only because he is black?.....do you believe that Truth?......do you believe every person in this Country who is a Republican/Conservative leans right whatever....do you believe all of them are against the guy because of color?....NO ONE is against the guy because they just dont happen to like some of his policies?....

Never said that. Why are you twisting my words?

Except that is what you're saying. You're saying that conservatives can not prove that they dislike him because of his policies. Yet that's all there is on this board. Slamming him over his economic policies, his program policies, foreign policy, etc. With the occasional one off by the racist group you fall into condemning him over race. (much like you blame whitey for the failures of the black community)

Excuse me? I don't need you to clarify my statements. I know what I said, and how I said it, and what I meant. Thank you. And I know what you do...but prove that it's "policy-based", instead of 'race based". Since we cannot possibly know your hearts and minds, you can't prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Sorry. We're supposed to take you at your word? What would be the basis for that? Prove it...we're waiting for you to do just that. I say it can't be done.
Whitey???? Again. I'm sorry, but you're projecting your racism onto me, yet again. I don't use racial pejoratives, and I never refer to whites as "Whitey", thank you. And no one blames "whites" for the failures of the black community. There is less failure (in the black community) as there is lack of opportunities, which is the fault of whites, who cut social programs, education funding, and aid to children and the elderly...and lets not forget the shafting of veterans, who have returned from serving their country, but are denied benefits and care and services, and jobs. Senate GOP blocks veterans jobs bill - CBS News

How many jobs do the poor create?

Millions.

You really don't know what creates jobs do you?

How can a poor person afford to pay wages to employees, cover overhead cost, insurance etc...?

Seems like you have no idea what it takes to create jobs.

Poor people spend their money to live. They represent demand. They spend what they earn. Demand is the only job creator.

Please. Try harder.

The 47% did do a lot of harm, it was/is however true.
The 47% that do not pay Federal Taxes will always vote left out of a class warfare/entitlement frame of mind.

A remedial English course may prove beneficial, since you hardly made any sense.

So. How is that representative of "the whole"? You don't know everybody that voted for Obama, so your reference isn't but a drop in the ocean. Insignificant. You can't say it, with any authority.

why was obama elected? Black pride and white guilt coupled with a biased media-----------------end of story.

So it was a color thing in your opinion?

It was never anything else. A black man was running for president, one might as well vote for him if not for any other reason because he's black.

THIS was the kind of reasoning our liberal voters used in 2008, and 2012^

Nobody cared about his policies because the media told them not to. All the white people voted for him for fear of being cast down as bigoted or racist. Intimidation works my friend.

Exactly the sort of response that proves exactly what I just said. :clap2:

It should be easy for republicans......Go into poor neighborhoods and tell them how you have made their lives better. Demonstrate how your party is not just looking out for the rich

You couldn't do in 2012.......maybe by 2016 you will have something

Essentially you had two guys saying they would look after our poor people, ironically enough, they were both filthy rich.

Neither one could emphasize with the plight of the poor man. Did it ever occur to you that they were only making these promises to try and get elected?

Now, demonstrate how either party is looking after the poor. Government entitlements don't count. Name calling doesn't count. If you don't have an answer, it is best you remained silent, and wallow in your own self imposed ignorance.

How are we looking out for the poor?

And bet your ass entitlements count

Jobs Training
Jobs Programs
Head Start
Planned Parenthood
Childcare programs
Tuition assistance

Now, Republicans come in and say ....we are going to end all that and force you to make it on your own while we slash taxes on the billionaires

The 47% that do not pay Federal Taxes will always vote left out of a class warfare/entitlement frame of mind.

A remedial English course may prove beneficial, since you hardly made any sense.

For you, a remedial course in human history would do you some good, alongside a rudimentary course in basic manners and etiquette.

Deal with it Jeremiah Johnson.

Please. There are other threads for this subject. Don't derail this one.

Really? Remember that the next time you complain about folks calling you crazy and sordid other phrases. Marsupial.

Please re-read what I said. I never said any of those things. In summary I said elitist Democrats keep the black community down by enticing them with finite entitlement programs which leave no room for blacks to escape those programs to a better life.

Here's what you wrote:
Blacks aren't liberal in the white tree hugging Democrat sense, they are simply Democrats who vote based upon "what's in it for them."

That implies they vote for reasons other than principles, ergo, blacks are unprincipled.

They have been brainwashed by elitist Democrats who profess to have their best interests in mind, when actually it's just the opposite.

Here you write that black people are brainwashed.

How many entitlement programs abruptly end when someone makes a small attempt to better themselves by getting an entry level job? That's right... Nearly ALL of those programs do.

This statement implies that black people are too lazy to get jobs and would rather live in shitty government housing and just barely enough money to survive. They're lazy and unambitious.

Sadly Blacks would probably consider JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for it" as ramblings from the far Right today, as they have been programmed to think that way by rich white Democrats who think of them solely as votes and dangle finite entitlement programs in front of them at every turn.

This states that black people are bribed by Democrats. Are you bribed by Republicans? Or do you vote on principle?

It's sad that the few blacks that understand that fact are systematically destroyed by Media character assassinations the moment they do speak up.

I took this as "conservative blacks" are destroyed by the media, but you don't even make that distinction. I believe you meant to.

What you are saying is that black people don't want a better life because they live soooo high on the hog now because of welfare (and medicare/medicaid and social security, as you make no distinction about entitlement programs) and so they continue to vote for Democrats instead of trying to make better lives for themselves. In essence, black people won't make better lives for themselves unless forced to by losing the entitlement programs. That seems to me exactly what you are stating.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

That's what you're saying.

I think it has more to do with taking responsibility of your own actions and making better choices in life.

73 percent of black children are born outside marriage, compared with 53 percent of Latinos and 29 percent of whites. How is that connected to socio-economics?

14.82 murders per 100K by blacks versus 2.17 per 100K for whites. How is that connected to socio-economics?

I don't remember saying that black people's troubles, in general, stem from their race. Could you remind me when it was I said that?

If you looked at the rates of children born outside of wedlock in poor families, that percentage would be higher than children born outside of wedlock in wealthy or middle class families.

If you looked at the rates of murders per 100K of poor people or in poorer neighborhoods versus the same for the middle class or for wealthy people and neighborhoods, the percentage for murders among the poor would be higher.

You're breaking down the statistics by race. The data could easily be broken down with similar results if broken down by socio-economic class.

You said in the form of a question. Which you conveniently left out of this thread.

So children are born out of wedlock at a higher rate in poor families? You say it's because of economics. I say it's because of bad choices.

So murders would be higher in poor neighborhoods? Again you would say it's economics. And again, I'd disagree.

Nothing you have stated has shown how economics causes people to make these bad choices.

Are you saying these people are so poor that they can't afford to make better decisions?

That they can't afford not to get pregnant without a husband and that they can't afford not to kill people?

No, that's not what I'm saying.

That's what you're saying.

I think it has more to do with taking responsibility of your own actions and making better choices in life.

73 percent of black children are born outside marriage, compared with 53 percent of Latinos and 29 percent of whites. How is that connected to socio-economics?

14.82 murders per 100K by blacks versus 2.17 per 100K for whites. How is that connected to socio-economics?

You just asked how those things are connected to socio-economics.......and you were serious. Right? You weren't playing around?

Not playing. Tell me how the socio-economics causes black women to have out of wedlock births.

Nothing.....IF: those statistics of out of wedlock births are fairly consistant in poor black women, middle class black women, and upper class black women.

Are they?

What programs?

Telling lower income people that you plan to eliminate capital gains taxes entirely while also doing away with state income taxes and raising sales taxes is not what I would call an easy sell to people who spend pretty much close to 100% of their incomes on necessities.

The whole 'trickle down' mantra isn't going to work. But alas, I predict it will be resurrected under a new name much like creation science was 'created' to fill the void left in the minds of religious people when Genesis could not be taught as science.

I like how the wealthy were rechristened.......The Job Creators

How many jobs do the poor create?

Why would you call someone a job creator without any evidence that they have actually created any jobs?

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not racist I have white friends!!

That's funny as hell.

How many black friends do YOU have? And please, be honest with yourself as well as with me.

What difference would it make?

I would never use my friends to defend against some idiot calling me a racist.

It's funny that people think calling someone a racist even proves anything.

It doesn't change the facts about the plight of black in this country.

The HIV prevalence rate for blacks (1,715 per 100,000 population) was almost eight times as high as that of whites.

They are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are 15 times more likely to join a gang than whites.

While they make up 17 percent of live births, they made up more than twice that share of abortions at 36 percent. The comparison with whites is 78 percent live births with 57 percent abortions.

I could go on about the unemployment rate in the black community and so forth, but I think you get the message.

Oh and I guess it's only considered racist when a white man brings up these facts.

"Facts"????? Or "doctored data", designed to demonize and injure the character of blacks and other minorities, to make yourself feel better about the lie??

The HIV prevalence rate for blacks (1,715 per 100,000 population) was almost eight times as high as that of whites.

They are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are 15 times more likely to join a gang than whites.

While they make up 17 percent of live births, they made up more than twice that share of abortions at 36 percent. The comparison with whites is 78 percent live births with 57 percent abortions.

Ummm....they apparently aren't making wise personal choices.

Statistics, compiled by whites, with the express intent of demonizing them. Like somebody is buying those wolf tickets. LOL. Try again.

why was obama elected? Black pride and white guilt coupled with a biased media-----------------end of story.

So it was a color thing in your opinion?

It was never anything else. A black man was running for president, one might as well vote for him if not for any other reason because he's black.

Nobody cared about his policies because the media told them not to. All the white people voted for him for fear of being cast down as bigoted or racist. Intimidation works my friend.

So....80% percent of black voters in this country voted for Clinton in 1992 and 1996 because he's black too?

So...those statistics stay true even with middle class and upper class blacks?

The stats are based on race, not class.

So....how can you dismiss any connection to socio-economics unless you can show that those statistics hold true thru-out ALL socio-economic levels of black people?

You need to go back to the beginning of the discussion. I didn't say that socio-economics had no connection, I said that there is more to it than that. Frankly, I think it's more social than economics.

I'm white and I didn't vote for Obama because he's black. I voted for him because his platform turned me off less than the McCain/Palin or Romney/Ryan platforms. I also didn't vote for him out of intimidation. None of my Republican friends have ever been cast down as bigoted or racist because they didn't vote for Obama. In fact, they aren't bigots or racists, just conservative or libertarian.

So not ALL the white people voted for him for the reason you provide. Maybe some small percentage of paranoid and deluded white people did, but nothing significant.

Your logic is flawed and your premise is silly.

Millions.

You really don't know what creates jobs do you?

How can a poor person afford to pay wages to employees, cover overhead cost, insurance etc...?

Seems like you have no idea what it takes to create jobs.

Poor people spend their money to live. They represent demand. They spend what they earn. Demand is the only job creator.

Please. Try harder.

No matter how hard I try, I could never lower my standards enough to be as stupid as you are.

Prove that

go read your posts and how you deal with what people say......i asked you a simple question when i first met you and what did you say?.....instead of answering the question i was grouped right in with everyone else that you said were Racist.....
.intolerant person...yes you are....

Conservatives of all colors disgust me,.....kinda sounds like those who think all people of a certain race are the same....you aint foolin anyone Poet.....

Uh, I'm not like some here. I know exactly what I said, and I stand by my statements, until proven wrong. I treat people the way they treat me first. If you came to me, incorrectly, then, you got it returned to you, in kind. Answering your question??? What was your tone in asking it? Take responsibility for your part.
I'm not here to fool anyone. You don't like my posts, threads, or opinions...you're free to ignore them, and to move on. But I think you're starved for attention.

are you serious?.....you said in one of our first meetings..... that those people who are against Obama is because he is black......i asked you....."Hey Poet.....a question for you.....are you allowed to be against what the President is for WITHOUT it being racial?"......now .....how did i treat you bad with that question?.......it seemed i got it "returned" to me in kind all right.....now why dont you take responsibility for your part.....

The answer to the question is different for different people. If you are white, this being the very first black POTUS, then it cannot be ruled out that your dislike or disdain for him, isn't race-based. Simply prove that it's not. How does one do that? We don't know your innermost thoughts. We don't know that you don't have a racist bone in your body. We don't know what your track record is, concerning blacks and black concerns. Get to proving. I'd be interested in seeing how you propose to convince me that it's his policies that trouble you.

Blacks aren't liberal in the white tree hugging Democrat sense, they are simply Democrats who vote based upon "what's in it for them." They have been brainwashed by elitist Democrats who profess to have their best interests in mind, when actually it's just the opposite. How many entitlement programs abruptly end when someone makes a small attempt to better themselves by getting an entry level job? That's right... Nearly ALL of those programs do. Sadly Blacks would probably consider JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for it" as ramblings from the far Right today, as they have been programmed to think that way by rich white Democrats who think of them solely as votes and dangle finite entitlement programs in front of them at every turn. It's sad that the few blacks that understand that fact are systematically destroyed by Media character assassinations the moment they do speak up.

What the fuck is the matter with Republicans?

Why cant they just go into black neighborhoods and say......Here is how our programs will make your life better

They can't because they don't....and blacks know it

Exactly the sort of response that proves exactly what I just said. :clap2:

Really? What did you say?

Forum List

Back