Why did Fauci denounce Hydroxychloroquine?

Time to clinical recovery was shorter among patients who received HCQ, but this difference did not reach statistical significance.
THIS DIFFERENCE DID NOT REACH CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE.

What does that mean to you?

Time to clinical recovery was shorter among patients who received HCQ, but this difference did not reach statistical significance.

that it was significant enough to make this statement:

Time to clinical recovery was shorter among patients who received HCQ

The Clown will come back with something along the lines of "That's not enough for me".

Do you understand the concept of statistical significance?

then why did they make this statement?

What this statement tells me it was significant enough to mention it.

Last edited:
The Clown will come back with something along the lines of "That's not enough for me".
You think it's too much to ask that the results of a study be statistically significant?
See. :auiqs.jpg:
It wasn't enough for the study authors either. BTW.

Conclusion Most of the patients with COVID-19 presented with mild disease and exhibited a clinical trajectory not similar to other countries. Outcomes did not differ by HCQ treatment status in line with other concluded studies on the benefit of using HCQ in the treatment of COVID-19.

Why wouldn't they make that statement? It's an accurate description of their results. However, unless it reaches statistical significance, it is not considered true.

I'll ask again if you understand the concept of statistical significance. Do you?

Why wouldn't they make that statement? It's an accurate description of their results. However, unless it reaches statistical significance, it is not considered true.

I'll ask again if you understand the concept of statistical significance. Do you?
so you agree that it helped? Right? cause

Time to clinical recovery was shorter among patients who received HCQ.

No one said it would cure the virus. I believe the entire discussion was did it help people, and in my world, if I catch something, I want it gone asap. And HCQ in this one study said it did just that. Nothing more than what was ever stated.

Last edited:
You think it's too much to ask that the results of a study be statistically significant?

Conclusion Most of the patients with COVID-19 presented with mild disease and exhibited a clinical trajectory not similar to other countries. Outcomes did not differ by HCQ treatment status in line with other concluded studies on the benefit of using HCQ in the treatment of COVID-19.
Where did they say it wasn't enough? It says the benefits are in line with other studies, Clown.

Where did they say it wasn't enough? It says the benefits are in line with other studies, Clown.
indeed, it also said

Time to clinical recovery was shorter among patients who received HCQ.

There is no other reason to make such a statement if they didn't feel it was pertinent to the study.

Well the “I did not write what you read....you read it wrong” has been rolled out.

nope, there is absolutely no reason to publish that statement if they didn't feel it pertinent. I give two shits what you think.
It is pertinent. What is pertinent about it is that the study did not show statistical significance so the conclusion is that the drug was of no benefit.

Do you give two shits about what the authors concluded based on their own data?

It is pertinent. What is pertinent about it is that the study did not show statistical significance so the conclusion is that the drug was of no benefit.
you realize that is a contradictory sentence right? It's pertinent but it's not pertinent is your sentence. too fking funny you clown.

Forum List

Back