Why did Obama invite the Clintons and not the Bushs to lay the wreath?

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have looked at several new websites that are "trustworthy" and none of them mention why President Bush and his wife were not invited to attend the ceremony at President Kennedy's grave today.

Why did Obama invite the Clintons and not the Bushs?

I have looked at several new websites that are "trustworthy" and none of them mention why President Bush and his wife were not invited to attend the ceremony at President Kennedy's grave today.

Next question. Where was Jimmy Carter?

I have suspected for sometime that Obama really doesn't like bush. :evil:

Of course he doesn't. According to Obama, all of his economic problems are Bush's fault when it's the furthest from the truth.

It's OK. Republicans didn't want him at their convention and most of the entire rest of the world hates his guts and wants to try him as a "war criminal".

Maybe it's because he may have only invited students and worshippers of Saul Alinsky.

In honor of Saul Alinsky day, Hillary Clinton's dark Alinskyite past

Posted By Joshua Keating

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 5:39 PM

[...] But Obama isn't the first Democrat to be hit with the Alinskyite charge. In fact, the "Alinskyite" charge was basically invented to attack his secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, while she was first lady -- a charge that centered around her 1969 Wellesley College thesis on Alinsky. It didn't really help that in 1993, under pressure from the White House, Wellesley adopted a rule under which "The senior thesis of every Wellesley alumna is available in the college archives for anyone to read -- except for those written by either a "president or first lady of the United States," a rule that in Wellesley's 140-year history would only apply to one person. As MSNBC.com's Bill Dedman wrote in 2007, the secrecy turned the thesis into something of a Holy Grail for Clinton's critics:

David Brock, in his 1996 biography, "The Seduction of Hillary Rodham," called her "Alinsky's daughter."

Barbara Olson, the conservative lawyer and commentator, used an Alinsky quote to open every chapter of her 1999 book, "Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton." Olson, who died in the Sept. 11 terror attacks, had charged in her book that the thesis was locked away because Clinton "does not want the American people to know the extent to which she internalized and assimilated the beliefs and methods of Saul Alinsky."​

Bill O'Reilly waved a few pages on Fox TV in 2003, chiding Wellesley for hiding Clinton's analysis of a "far left" activist.

Peggy Noonan, the former Reagan speechwriter writing in The Wall Street Journal in 2005, decried the continued suppression of "the Rosetta Stone of Hillary studies."

These days, Clinton's Alinsky thesis is available online. While it may not quite be consistent with the middle-of-the-road Democratic policies Clinton went on to adopt, it's bound to be a bit disappointing for anyone for evidence of Clinton's subversive views. As Dedman writes, while Clinton admired Alinsky for putting progressive principals into practice:

In the end, she judged that Alinsky's “power/conflict model is rendered inapplicable by existing social conflicts” — overriding national issues such as racial tension and segregation. Alinsky had no success in forming an effective national movement, she said, referring dismissively to “the anachronistic nature of small autonomous conflict.”

Clinton turned down a job offer from Alinsky after college, deciding instead to go to law school.

In honor of Saul Alinsky day, Hillary Clinton's dark Alinskyite past | FP Passport

Maybe it's because he may have only invited students and worshippers of Saul Alinsky.

Posted By Joshua Keating

[...] But Obama isn't the first Democrat to be hit with the Alinskyite charge. In fact, the "Alinskyite" charge was basically invented to attack his secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, while she was first lady -- a charge that centered around her 1969 Wellesley College thesis on Alinsky. It didn't really help that in 1993, under pressure from the White House, Wellesley adopted a rule under which "The senior thesis of every Wellesley alumna is available in the college archives for anyone to read -- except for those written by either a "president or first lady of the United States," a rule that in Wellesley's 140-year history would only apply to one person. As MSNBC.com's Bill Dedman wrote in 2007, the secrecy turned the thesis into something of a Holy Grail for Clinton's critics:

David Brock, in his 1996 biography, "The Seduction of Hillary Rodham," called her "Alinsky's daughter."

Barbara Olson, the conservative lawyer and commentator, used an Alinsky quote to open every chapter of her 1999 book, "Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton." Olson, who died in the Sept. 11 terror attacks, had charged in her book that the thesis was locked away because Clinton "does not want the American people to know the extent to which she internalized and assimilated the beliefs and methods of Saul Alinsky."​

Bill O'Reilly waved a few pages on Fox TV in 2003, chiding Wellesley for hiding Clinton's analysis of a "far left" activist.

Peggy Noonan, the former Reagan speechwriter writing in The Wall Street Journal in 2005, decried the continued suppression of "the Rosetta Stone of Hillary studies."

These days, Clinton's Alinsky thesis is available online. While it may not quite be consistent with the middle-of-the-road Democratic policies Clinton went on to adopt, it's bound to be a bit disappointing for anyone for evidence of Clinton's subversive views. As Dedman writes, while Clinton admired Alinsky for putting progressive principals into practice:

In the end, she judged that Alinsky's “power/conflict model is rendered inapplicable by existing social conflicts” — overriding national issues such as racial tension and segregation. Alinsky had no success in forming an effective national movement, she said, referring dismissively to “the anachronistic nature of small autonomous conflict.”

Clinton turned down a job offer from Alinsky after college, deciding instead to go to law school.

In honor of Saul Alinsky day, Hillary Clinton's dark Alinskyite past | FP Passport

Looked hard for a place to wedge that one in, didn't ya?

Change the channel.

Posted By Joshua Keating

Change the channel.

Actually, its just the reverse.

I believe a good number of Libs tend to turn a blind eye to less than flattering news about people they like.

A lot of people, especially women, LIKE Hillary.

Posting that info about Hillary and Alinsky is my effort to help assure we have a better informed electorate in 2016 than we did in 2008 and 2012

You believe in a well informed electorate, right?

Thanks for making the thread.

This may have absolutely nothing to do with politics. Neither the Bushes nor the Carters nor the Cheneys nor the Gores nor the Mondales were there either - and that pretty much takes care of all living ex-presidents and vice-presidents.

Maybe President Obama wanted to keep the ceremony in a smaller circle. Maybe the Bushes had a previous commitment or just didn't want to be there. After all, I doubt that the Bushes were ever true fans of the Kennedy clan, particulary of JFK, who beat Richard Nixon in 1960, the same Nixon whose 1946 congressional campaign was financed by none other than Prescott Bush, the same Nixon who appointed George W. Bush, Sr. as ambassador to China in, I believe, 1971, the same George W. Bush Sr. who then headed up the CIA under Gerald Ford. So, perhaps the Bushes just decided to pass.

There are lots of things going on the USA where there are legitimate reasons for a real debate and sometimes flying "fists of words" - but with respect to you, I don't think that this is one of those times.

:eusa_think::eusa_think:

Change the channel.

Actually, its just the reverse.

I believe a good number of Libs tend to turn a blind eye to less than flattering news about people they like.

A lot of people, especially women, LIKE Hillary.

Posting that info about Hillary and Alinsky is my effort to help assure we have a better informed electorate in 2016 than we did in 2008 and 2012

You believe in a well informed electorate, right?

Nobody cares about Saul Alinsky. You didn't even know who he was 5 years ago. Change the channel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGmpMFE_at4]Watch President Barack Obama speak at the dedication of the George W. Bush Library - YouTube[/ame]

Eyah..:lol:

Forum List

Back