Why Did You Leave Christianity Behind?

Well... When one dies according to certain versions of the Christian faith; they say that they are going to be with god.

"Heaven" is the realm of spirits, and the dead. So in order to enter that realm one must die. Therefore one mortal life serves as a seperation from god. Which according to the sefinition given would make mortal life itself a sin.
Unless of course the spirit of God was within them all along which is what I believe and my faith teaches.
I don't begrudge you of your belief. I personally find that unbelievable.
Why do you find it unbelieveable? Do you find love unbelieveable too? Is love inside you?
Yes.
No.
Why do you find love unbelieveable?
Not necessarily unbelievable. Rather very misunderstood.

Sin is anything which separates one from God.
That would make ones mortal life a sin unto itself...
Why is that?
Well... When one dies according to certain versions of the Christian faith; they say that they are going to be with god.

"Heaven" is the realm of spirits, and the dead. So in order to enter that realm one must die. Therefore ones mortal life serves as a seperation from god. Which according to the definition given would make mortal life itself a sin.
oh brother.

Life isn't a sin by it's nature..we have eternal life, and we live in Christ.

I agree that life isn't a sin. As I said before I understand Sin to be a man made construct accredited to the Hebrew god. As far as anyone can verify life is absolutely finite. Lastly; don't live in Christ. I live in Alabama! LOL.
But ironically, all kidding aside. Christ lives only in the minds of men. Were one to erase his name from the religious histories and killed all who knew how to form the sound of his name he'd be gone; yet no more diminished than now.
Really? His ministry only lasted 3 1/2 years and He has had a lasting impact on mankind for 2000 years which was the foundation for the Western Civilization which has done more good for mankind than any other civilization in the history of man. Not bad for a convicted criminal who was put to death by the superpower of the day.

Unless of course the spirit of God was within them all along which is what I believe and my faith teaches.
Why do you find it unbelieveable? Do you find love unbelieveable too? Is love inside you?
Yes.
No.
So you lied when I asked you if you found love unbelieveable? Have you ever been in love? Have you ever loved anyone?

Many Americans grew up steeped in Christian culture. Went to church events. Celebrated the holidays. Even took part in the rituals.

Then... Many have an awakening, or change of heart if you will. And ultimately walk away; or reject the Christian religion out right. In the end, there are probably as many reasons as there are people...

What was yours?
Drinking the kooliad. Jim Jones and his followers, then came 9/11 and the Muslim 9/11. Islamophobia ? Are YOU KIDDING? Really?

You drank Jim Jones Kool-Aid? How did you not die and escape?
Funny, I am here. But neither am I supporting throwing gays off buildings or crashing planes into buildings,either. How are YOU?

Why would we ever assume that one path fits everyone.
Well it would certainly make things easier if one were say... an emperor of a huge sprawling empire of conquered, enslaved people, who across the lot of them held more faiths (paths) than one could count.
It would also make things easier if one could instill tolerance of trangressions, a culture amongst these slaves whereby they found divinity in forgiving the very people who were the cause of their suffering and tribulations.
But just in case they start rooting around, and looking for the source of thier troubles...We'll build in the foil that god is punishing all of them for something someone else did long before they were born...

That's the only way I could assume there was one path that fit every one. What are the odds of something like that actually happening though... lol

Yes.
No.
So you lied when I asked you if you found love unbelieveable? Have you ever been in love? Have you ever loved anyone?
No. I didn't lie. I believe the common notion of what most extols as love to be the lie. Love is a conditional condition. An affliction if you will. It's a temporary euphoria one gets when ones brain is pumping out the right hormones in association with a given individual or event. This is the feeling most often misdescribed as love. It's a totally different feeling than one has for say... thier child. Yet people often use the words as though they were interchangeable.

Yes.
No.
No. I didn't lie. I believe the common notion of what most extols as love to be the lie. Love is a conditional condition. An affliction if you will. It's a temporary euphoria one gets when ones brain is pumping out the right hormones in association with a given individual or event. This is the feeling most often misdescribed as love. It's a totally different feeling than one has for say... thier child. Yet people often use the words as though they were interchangeable.
Have you ever been in love? Have you ever loved anyone?

Many Americans grew up steeped in Christian culture. Went to church events. Celebrated the holidays. Even took part in the rituals.

Then... Many have an awakening, or change of heart if you will. And ultimately walk away; or reject the Christian religion out right. In the end, there are probably as many reasons as there are people...

What was yours?
Drinking the kooliad. Jim Jones and his followers, then came 9/11 and the Muslim 9/11. Islamophobia ? Are YOU KIDDING? Really?

Funny, I am here. But neither am I supporting throwing gays off buildings or crashing planes into buildings,either. How are YOU?
I am a little conflicted here Why are liberals defending Islam? Islam would put to death apostates, ban freedom of religion and speech. And they use suicide as a tactic. Sharia law? Forget about it. Islam is EVERYTHING America stands against. But Liberals are OK with that.

Why is that?

"Heaven" is the realm of spirits, and the dead. So in order to enter that realm one must die. Therefore ones mortal life serves as a seperation from god. Which according to the definition given would make mortal life itself a sin.
oh brother.

I agree that life isn't a sin. As I said before I understand Sin to be a man made construct accredited to the Hebrew god. As far as anyone can verify life is absolutely finite. Lastly; don't live in Christ. I live in Alabama! LOL.
But ironically, all kidding aside. Christ lives only in the minds of men. Were one to erase his name from the religious histories and killed all who knew how to form the sound of his name he'd be gone; yet no more diminished than now.
Really? His ministry only lasted 3 1/2 years and He has had a lasting impact on mankind for 2000 years which was the foundation for the Western Civilization which has done more good for mankind than any other civilization in the history of man. Not bad for a convicted criminal who was put to death by the superpower of the day.
I realize that this is what many believe to be truth. I don't begrudge them for it.

I too have found the idea of sin to be an empty construct. A tool of the willing so to speak. The idea of 'sin" only carries weight with those who choose to believe in it. Often times it is used as a behavioral control device.
Sin is anything which separates one from God.
Why is that?

"Heaven" is the realm of spirits, and the dead. So in order to enter that realm one must die. Therefore one mortal life serves as a seperation from god. Which according to the sefinition given would make mortal life itself a sin.

that may be what your 4th century book leads you to believe as a christian, the fact of the 1st century was the belief in ones own destiny and a free Spirit.

So you lied when I asked you if you found love unbelieveable?

the OP is not about why you became a christian ...

What was yours?

I am a little conflicted here Why are liberals defending Islam? Islam would put to death apostates, ban freedom of religion and speech. And they use suicide as a tactic. Sharia law? Forget about it. Islam is EVERYTHING America stands against. But Liberals are OK with that.

Islam is a political societal movement cloaked in religious garb. It's all about domination with them.

Last edited:
Yes.
No.

Lol! Why you romantic you! :lol:

You are definitely on the right track though!

Love Is a Chemical Reaction, Scientists Find

Why is that?

oh brother.

His ministry has never been proven to have actually taken place. None the less... What is true is that the followers of the Hebrew god destroyed and conquered European civilization, and replaced the native peoples cultures with a "god" that was never their own. Was never the god of thier fore bearers. Indeed those who spread the Christian faith helped determine the shape of western civilization. By the time the enslaved people broke free of the Roman Empire, thier histories for a great part had been erased from knowledge. Ironically they became the perpetuators of thier ancestors enslavers. And whereby continue to enslave themselves. I chose not to continue the cycle.

Why is that?

oh brother.

I realize that this is what many believe to be truth. I don't begrudge them for it.
That's nice. We appreciate that. But if it were as you say, that He only lives in our minds, how do you explain the inexplicableness of His affect on the world?

I am a Islamophobic. Islam scares the hell out of any rational person. Islam is a hate or cult group based on a irrational emotional belief system .Mohamed and his prophesy was as real as the Easter bunny, why are we catering to this? Give me a break here.

Sure,dopamine is a chemical reaction. Dopamine serves two purposes; it makes us feel happy and it turns on all the learning centers of our brain. It seems there is a functional advantage to being happy and in love. Why do you think that is?

oh brother.

That's nice. We appreciate that. But if it were as you say, that He only lives in our minds, how do you explain the inexplicableness of His affect on the world?

People have believed in a bunch of different gods throughout history. I'm sure the Greeks, etc. all believed just as strongly in their gods as you do about yours.

Yes.
No.

and this is where most people get it wrong. The emotional response called love, such as of what you speak, is a feeling and feelings change constantly. But that isn't real love. Real love is more of an action. What you do for another, rather than for yourself......and doing it even when it's the last thing in the world you want to do.......but you do it anyway, because of the benefit to the other.

Sure,dopamine is a chemical reaction. Dopamine serves two purposes; it makes us feel happy and it turns on all the learning centers of our brain. It seems there is a functional advantage to being happy and in love. Why do you think that is?

I don't know and neither do you.

Why is that?

oh brother.

His ministry has never been proven to have actually taken place. None the less... What is true is that the followers of the Hebrew god destroyed and conquered European civilization, and replaced the native peoples cultures with a "god" that was never their own. Was never the god of thier fore bearers. Indeed those who spread the Christian faith helped determine the shape of western civilization. By the time the enslaved people broke free of the Roman Empire, thier histories for a great part had been erased from knowledge. Ironically they became the perpetuators of thier ancestors enslavers. And whereby continue to enslave themselves. I chose not to continue the cycle.
I see. It seems like you have a great handle on all the bad but not such a good handle on the good which is surprising because by any objective measure Western Civilization has been a force for good. One might wonder why the atheistic governments were so bad and the Christian societies were so good. But putting that aside, how exactly do you reconcile the good that has come from Christian societies?

Forum List

Back