Zone1 Why do Black People hate/reject the "Cowboy" Culture?

Like the words of a colonizer.
Thank God for colonizers. If it wasn't for White people the Indians and Blacks would still be chucking arrows and spears at each other instead of shooting up their own neighborhood for drug territory.

As a side note — since this is late July, 2022 and not June, 1876 — I can and do acknowledge that the Native American Indian population got screwed over by the Western expansion of Europeans.

Historically, there has always been a lack of justice for lots of peoples. But, let’s be real. Nobody is “giving back” the land to the original settlers (the Indians).

Up to 25% of the cattle working industry at its height were black men.

given the percentages, that is an extremely high number.

black-cowboys.jpg

589a95b56bb6f.image.jpg

iu

Is it because "cowboy culture" is too white?

Not Marxist enought?

:dunno:
Including my great grandpa who was a black man and throws in another great-grand pa once removed who was Manchurian. They were real cowboys. :thup:

As a side note — since this is late July, 2022 and not June, 1876 — I can and do acknowledge that the Native American Indian population got screwed over by the Western expansion of Europeans.

Historically, there has always been a lack of justice for lots of peoples. But, let’s be real. Nobody is “giving back” the land to the original settlers (the Indians).
A lot of us want our land back. I’m not one of those. I already have it. What I want is an acknowledgment (thank you for that) and for all of American history to be taught to children.

Thank God for colonizers. If it wasn't for White people the Indians and Blacks would still be chucking arrows and spears at each other instead of shooting up their own neighborhood for drug territory.
Look at the shape this country is in.
Good job, colonizer. 👍🏼

A lot of us want our land back. I’m not one of those. I already have it. What I want is an acknowledgment (thank you for that) and for all of American history to be taught to children.
I can’t be proud of that part of American history anymore than I could be proud of the institution of slavery.

I don’t think you owe anyone a “thank you” for recognizing something shameful in our historical record.

I do, however, feel that we should all recognize that we can’t undo the past. And I believe (very sincerely) that it is logically wrong and emotionally irrational to seek to visit the sins of the fathers upon the children — or their progeny. (To be clear, I am not accusing you of that.)

I can’t be proud of that part of American history anymore than I could be proud of the institution of slavery.

I don’t think you owe anyone a “thank you” for recognizing something shameful in our historical record.

I do, however, feel that we should all recognize that we can’t undo the past. And I believe (very sincerely) that it is logically I wrong and emotionally irrational to seek to visit the sins of the fathers upon the children or their progeny. (To be clear, I am not accusing you of that.)
I do owe you a ‘ thank you’ because so few people would admit what you did.
We can’t undo the past but we can through education make sure it never happens again.

We can’t undo the past but we can through education make sure it never happens again.
I totally agree with your last sentence.

The extent to which Black people have rejected cowboy culture was the exclusive portrayal of White cowboys in movies and the implicit subjugation of native peoples. Fortunately, this is changing to a more inclusive cowboy culture which offers an alternative to the destructive glorification of criminal behavior.

I didn't do anything to native people any more than you did. While I agree that past events should be accurately portrayed, demonization of subsequent generations on the basis of race always leads to horrible outcomes. Education should be based on knowledge, not political agendas.

Forum List

Back