Why do people hate Liberals?

It's not my job to convince you of anything. I don't care if you keep your position or not. You're entitled to it. You asked me what reasons I have for wanting to admit refugees into our country as immigrants, and I gave you a major one.

The US once accepted 800,000 Vietnamese refugees. We have accepted only 1500 Syrians.

Were the South Vietnamese blowing holes in our ships or bombing or burning down our embassies and killing as many personnel as they could? Were there terrorists among them determined to explode bombs in crowds of U.S. citizens or send suicide bombers or gunners into U.S. businesses? Were the South Vietnamese trying to get a dirty bomb into the USA or were hijacking airplane to fly into buildings killing thousands of innocent Americans?

I have personally helped settle both Cuban and Vietnamese refugees over the years. And in every case those people wanted to adopt the American way of life, fit in, be Americans, and be a positive influence here. Destroying 'infidels' was the furthest thing from their minds.

Both the State Department and Defense Department spokespersons have admitted we have no way to separate out the terrorists from peaceful people among the Syrian refugees. And that there are thousands of terrorists who would take every advantage given them to get into this country, including posing as peaceful Syrian refugees. You don't see the government proposing that these people be taken in near the White House or placed in neighborhoods where government officials and their families live do you? How many are you willing to accept next door to you when you know it is possible somebody who wants to kill you would likely be among them?

By all means offer humanitarian aid to those who are suffering. Our nation has always done that. But how stupid do we have to be in order to be considered humane? And what do you tell the survivors to justify a policy when it is their loved ones being maimed and murdered?

And while most Muslims would almost surely choose peace over mayhem, there are many thousands of Muslims who will commit mayhem and murder on a large scale here the first opportunity they have to do that.
Muslims in America want the same things that Cuban and Vietnamese refugees want. I think it's a mistake to stereotype Syrians, (Christians among them) as jihadis. Just my opinon. You're entitled to yours, which differs from mine. I don't appreciate you characterizing people who see things differently from you as "stupid". Plenty of people thought America should not have interned Japanese "Americans during WWII. That was not an instance of America at our best, IMO.

We all have loved ones and want the best for our loved ones. I don't want my kids to grow up to be prejudiced against Muslims, because some misinterpret Islam as to suppport bad actions.
Trump completely is playing into ISIL's hands. He's a good recruiter for them. I want people in that part of the world to understand that America is composed of many types of people and we still are united as one America. That is what makes our country great.

I haven't characterized anybody as jihadists and neither I nor my kids are prejudiced in any way toward Muslims. I am just not so stupid that I try to pretend that jihadists don't exist or that they would not pose as legitimate refugees in order to have opportunity to commit chaos, mayhem, and murder here. Please tell me how you tell the difference between a legitimate refugee and a jihadist and maybe you'll have a reasonable argument. And how much are you willing to put your own kids at risk? Or is just the rest of us who must be willing to put our families at unnecessary risk in order to be considered 'unprejudiced' or 'inhumane'?
Wow. You continue to call anyone who doesn't agree with you, "stupid". That's too bad. We just see what will help our country differently. I know terrorists exist, I just don't think that all the people fleeing Syria are "jihadists".

My kids are as important to me as breath. That doesn't mean I think reactionary politics on immigration policy keeps our country safer.

I think conservatives are wrong on this one. Scrapping the Syrian refugee plan propsed by President Obama would be giving ISIS precisely what it wants.

Any Syrian refugees we accept will be carefully screened in order to make sure they’re legitimate. If anyone from ISIS were to find a way to get into the United States, it certainly wouldn’t be by trying to sneak in through a carefully monitored refugee program; there would be other less difficult ways they’d try first.

If you want to have a courteous conversation about this topic, I'd advise you to not calling your debate opponents "stupid".

It's your choice, of course. All I can do is state my preferences and tell you how limited my time is.

If somebody is willing to invite terrorists to have opportunity to maim or murder his loved ones, then yes, I don't agree with that because I think it is pretty stupid. So I guess I agree with you that those who don't agree with me about that are stupid about that. And by declaring me discourteous about that, can I assume that you don't believe Jihadists exist? How much are you willing to risk your own family? But if that disqualifies me from having a courteous conversation with you, oh well. How many of your posts have suggested that those who think like me are hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic, etc. etc. etc.? I suppose that is more courteous? Do have a pleasant evening and a great holiday season Dhara.
You equate all Syrian refugees as terrorists, I don't. I haven't called you any of these names, "hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic" or "stupid". I don't think you're a "bad person".

We just think differently on this issue. Can you live with that? I can.

Were the South Vietnamese blowing holes in our ships or bombing or burning down our embassies and killing as many personnel as they could? Were there terrorists among them determined to explode bombs in crowds of U.S. citizens or send suicide bombers or gunners into U.S. businesses? Were the South Vietnamese trying to get a dirty bomb into the USA or were hijacking airplane to fly into buildings killing thousands of innocent Americans?

I have personally helped settle both Cuban and Vietnamese refugees over the years. And in every case those people wanted to adopt the American way of life, fit in, be Americans, and be a positive influence here. Destroying 'infidels' was the furthest thing from their minds.

Both the State Department and Defense Department spokespersons have admitted we have no way to separate out the terrorists from peaceful people among the Syrian refugees. And that there are thousands of terrorists who would take every advantage given them to get into this country, including posing as peaceful Syrian refugees. You don't see the government proposing that these people be taken in near the White House or placed in neighborhoods where government officials and their families live do you? How many are you willing to accept next door to you when you know it is possible somebody who wants to kill you would likely be among them?

By all means offer humanitarian aid to those who are suffering. Our nation has always done that. But how stupid do we have to be in order to be considered humane? And what do you tell the survivors to justify a policy when it is their loved ones being maimed and murdered?

And while most Muslims would almost surely choose peace over mayhem, there are many thousands of Muslims who will commit mayhem and murder on a large scale here the first opportunity they have to do that.
Muslims in America want the same things that Cuban and Vietnamese refugees want. I think it's a mistake to stereotype Syrians, (Christians among them) as jihadis. Just my opinon. You're entitled to yours, which differs from mine. I don't appreciate you characterizing people who see things differently from you as "stupid". Plenty of people thought America should not have interned Japanese "Americans during WWII. That was not an instance of America at our best, IMO.

We all have loved ones and want the best for our loved ones. I don't want my kids to grow up to be prejudiced against Muslims, because some misinterpret Islam as to suppport bad actions.
Trump completely is playing into ISIL's hands. He's a good recruiter for them. I want people in that part of the world to understand that America is composed of many types of people and we still are united as one America. That is what makes our country great.

I haven't characterized anybody as jihadists and neither I nor my kids are prejudiced in any way toward Muslims. I am just not so stupid that I try to pretend that jihadists don't exist or that they would not pose as legitimate refugees in order to have opportunity to commit chaos, mayhem, and murder here. Please tell me how you tell the difference between a legitimate refugee and a jihadist and maybe you'll have a reasonable argument. And how much are you willing to put your own kids at risk? Or is just the rest of us who must be willing to put our families at unnecessary risk in order to be considered 'unprejudiced' or 'inhumane'?
Wow. You continue to call anyone who doesn't agree with you, "stupid". That's too bad. We just see what will help our country differently. I know terrorists exist, I just don't think that all the people fleeing Syria are "jihadists".

My kids are as important to me as breath. That doesn't mean I think reactionary politics on immigration policy keeps our country safer.

I think conservatives are wrong on this one. Scrapping the Syrian refugee plan propsed by President Obama would be giving ISIS precisely what it wants.

Any Syrian refugees we accept will be carefully screened in order to make sure they’re legitimate. If anyone from ISIS were to find a way to get into the United States, it certainly wouldn’t be by trying to sneak in through a carefully monitored refugee program; there would be other less difficult ways they’d try first.

If you want to have a courteous conversation about this topic, I'd advise you to not calling your debate opponents "stupid".

It's your choice, of course. All I can do is state my preferences and tell you how limited my time is.

If somebody is willing to invite terrorists to have opportunity to maim or murder his loved ones, then yes, I don't agree with that because I think it is pretty stupid. So I guess I agree with you that those who don't agree with me about that are stupid about that. And by declaring me discourteous about that, can I assume that you don't believe Jihadists exist? How much are you willing to risk your own family? But if that disqualifies me from having a courteous conversation with you, oh well. How many of your posts have suggested that those who think like me are hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic, etc. etc. etc.? I suppose that is more courteous? Do have a pleasant evening and a great holiday season Dhara.
You equate all Syrian refugees as terrorists, I don't. I haven't called you any of these names, "hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic" or "stupid". I don't think you're a "bad person".

I can't live quietly with those who mischaracterize what I say. Such as you saying that I equate all Syrian refugees as terrorists which suggests you either don't read carefully or you are deliberately lying about what I have said. I will give you benefit of the doubt that you don't read carefully.

But that is definitely one reason a lot of us have a huge problem with liberalism is that it MUST mischaracterize the arguments of those who oppose it in order to have any credubility at all.

I can't live quietly with those who mischaracterize what I say. Such as you saying that I equate all Syrian refugees as terrorists which suggests you either don't read carefully or you are deliberately lying about what I have said. I will give you benefit of the doubt that you don't read carefully.

But that is definitely one reason a lot of us have a huge problem with liberalism is that it MUST mischaracterize the arguments of those who oppose it in order to have any credubility at all.
Foxfyre. It is you who says that we should not welcome Syrian refugees due to security concerns. That suggests to me that you think Syrians, more than any other refugees, are more likely to be terrorists. Now if you think that, then I would say your position suggests that you are adversely prejudiced against Syrian refugees. You think they are more likely to be terrorists.

I haven't called you names. I have not said you are, "hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic" or "stupid". I haven't said, nor do I think, that you're a "bad person". The impression I get from your words is you'd rather dismiss me as a liberal.

I'll talk to you again in 2016. I want to stay positive and I find that difficult to do since you are saying I'm either don't read carely or I'm lying.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
ISIS wants us to not befriend Syrian refugees. They want to kill Syrian refugees or turn them into jihadists. Trump's rhetoric is a great terrorist recruiting tool.

The history of the U.S. refugee program demonstrates that the lengthy and extensive vetting that all refugees must undergo is an effective deterrent for terrorists. Since 1980, the U.S. has invited in millions of refugees, including hundreds of thousands from the Middle East. Not one has committed an act of terrorism in the U.S.

All of the 9/11 hijackers used student or tourist visas, not refugee status. ISIS sees Syrian refugees as traitors.

Don't we want to befriend ISIS enemies? These are our potential allies against Assad and ISIS.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PK1
ISIS wants us to not befriend Syrian refugees. They want to kill Syrian refugees or turn them into jihadists. Trump's rhetoric is a great terrorist recruiting tool.

The history of the U.S. refugee program demonstrates that the lengthy and extensive vetting that all refugees must undergo is an effective deterrent for terrorists. Since 1980, the U.S. has invited in millions of refugees, including hundreds of thousands from the Middle East. Not one has committed an act of terrorism in the U.S.

All of the 9/11 hijackers used student or tourist visas, not refugee status.
Your presidents own fbi director said it was impossible to vet these refugees. ..

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

From my perusals of the forums, I've never seen so much pathological hatred towards Conservatives. But then, American partisan divisions have reached an all time high. What happened to the "heal the world" mantra espoused by Barack Obama?

Where are all the old style Democrats who seem to have disappeared into the ether? Such as Kennedy, who could become a hawk when needed. Or Clinton, who was prepared to move to the centre, when expedient.

Present day liberals bear no relation to Democrats, IMHO.
---
I would say present day conservatives bear no relation to previous generation Republicans.

"Liberalism"
As mentioned earlier (post 2950), the USA was founded on this ideology.
Can any conservative justify their contrarian position without exposing their hypocrisy, greed, and intolerance?
Today, we don't have to agree on which president is most responsible for the tide of humanity crashing onto Europe's shores. Maybe you blame George W. Bush for starting a war that brought chaos to Iraq, which spilled into Syria. Maybe you fault Barack Obama for pulling out of Iraq and declining to take out Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

We don't have to agree on which president broke the region. But one or both of them had a hand in the destruction. So we can't very well pretend we have no obligation to the hordes driven from their homes. This is the biggest refugee crisis since World War II, a humanitarian emergency of the highest order, and the U.S. isn't doing enough to ameliorate it.
This Is Why America Should Take More Syrian Refugees

We caused the problem, we have a responsibility to the people affected by it.

I don't care who you want to blame. I haven't done anything to any of these people, and I feel NO obligations to them whatsoever. I notice that you avoided giving me the list of pros. Until you can give me a list of pros that outweigh the cons, then I will stick to my original position on this topic.
---
"I feel NO obligations to them whatsoever."

That sounds really COLD.
:-(

Not very Christian-like, and i'm not even religious. Just have empathy.

This is part of our problem. Bleeding hearts. You don't make policy based on what "feels good." You make policy based on what is BEST for your country.
---
What's best for a country, and Earth collectively, is what "feels good" overall ... among ALL participants in this GLOBAL economy of ours nowadays.

That is incorrect. We have limited resources, as I explained earlier in the thread.
---
Yes, i understand resources are limited, esp for the 95% who live outside the USA and consume only 5% of Earth's resources (is that stat still accurate?).
Perhaps USA can be more equitable or charitable among the world community?

Foxfyre. It is you who says that we should not welcome Syrian refugees due to security concerns. That suggests to me that you think Syrians, more than any other refugees, are more likely to be terrorists. Now if you think that, then I would say your position suggests that you are adversely prejudiced against Syrian refugees. You think they are more likely to be terrorists.

I haven't called you names. I have not said you are, "hard hearted, bigoted, prejudiced uncompassionate, unempathetic" or "stupid". I haven't said, nor do I think, that you're a "bad person". The impression I get from your words is you'd rather dismiss me as a liberal.

I'll talk to you again in 2016. I want to stay positive and I find that difficult to do since you are saying I'm either don't read carely or I'm lying.

Merry Christmas.

Again you are mischaracterizing and misstating what I have said on the subject. So either quote me accurately IN CONTEXT, meaning you include my complete argument, or please do not address me at all because you discredit yourself when you mischaracterize your opponent in order to try to make points in a debate. I have no problem with those who don't agree with what I say and respect anybody who can competently make an argument in rebuttal to my own argument. I have a HUGE problem with those who make up something that I said so that they will have a sensible argument at all.

Progressives apparently want another terrorist attack.

Assumes facts not in evidence, generally a sign of ignorance and mental inferiority. Only brazen idiots equate love of neighbor with support of terrorists.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Progressives apparently want another terrorist attack.

Assumes facts not in evidence, generally a sign of ignorance and mental inferiority. Only brazen idiots equate love of neighbor with support of terrorists.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Facts are in evidence since you progressives want all these refugees from terrorist controlled countries. Only conclusion is that progressives want a terrorist attack.

But they don't realize it's also their end and a for sure end to the lgbt community...

Leftist logic is that without a contingent of traitors hampering our efforts, the Muslims will be easy to defeat. Since it is they who are the traitors, once they have power it will be no big deal to crush Islam.

25 Reasons To Dislike Liberals
John Hawkins | May 11, 2013

5b0d64f2-6659-44e1-9c97-2b6ef9b656df.jpg

Liberals view themselves as good people because they're liberals. People who are outside of that ugly little bit of circular reasoning don't have such a benign view of their horrible behavior. So, what reason could you have to dislike liberals?

1) Only liberals would be cruel enough to pick on kids running lemonade stands with a permit, children putting on Christmas plays at school and the Boy Scouts.

2) Because the closest thing to Sodom and Gomorrah in the modern world is San Francisco and Berkeley.

3) Whether you're talking about cop killers, terrorists, radical Islamists or dictators, all you have to do is say, "I hate America," and liberals start to sympathize with you.

4) Liberals are actually bothered by people who do love America. On the rare occasion when you do see a liberal waving a flag, look for a camera.

5) The same people who voted Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama into office think they're smarter than tradition, the Founding Fathers and God Himself.

6) Liberals might not want to admit it, but the world would have been a better place if Mary Jo Kopechne had crawled up out of that car instead of Ted Kennedy.

7) Only an ass could like Bill Maher, Alan Grayson or Sheila Jackson Lee.

8) Liberals believe in taking money from people who earn it, handing it out as bribes in order to get more power and then using that power to hurt the people that are giving them money.

9) The same liberal who'll laugh at a rape joke about Sarah Palin and then attack Michele Bachmann's family will then turn around and accuse someone else of being sexist for respectfully noting that a woman is attractive.

10) Liberals view hooking people on welfare and food stamps as a core part of their election strategy, which is terrible for the country, shows they have no character and requires more than a little hatred for poor people.

11) The dumbest, most close-minded and mean spirited people in all of politics are inevitably liberals who are convinced they're brilliant, open-minded and compassionate because they call themselves liberals.

12) A policy that makes liberals feel superior and caring that doesn't work and wastes billions is considered a smashing success because they genuinely DON'T CARE WHETHER THEIR POLICIES ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE OR NOT.

13) The same liberal who pretends to be angry about Susan Smith or Casey Anthony will then turn around and give the thumbs up to women who do the same thing to their children via abortion.

14) There's a reason why the average homeschooled kid gets a better education than he would in a public school run by liberals. It's because the kid's parents are interested in educating him while his liberal teachers view public schools as just another way to indoctrinate children.

15) Noam Chomsky is an America-hating creep and to think of him as some kind of genius, you have to both despise our country enough to suspend your disbelief and be largely ignorant of world history.

16) Anyone whose first reaction after a terrorist attack is, "Why do they hate us?" is just an intolerable douche.

17) Liberals talk up Hillary Clinton as the most prominent and important female politician in America; yet her entire political career is based on the fact that she married Bill Clinton. That's actually kind of pathetic.

18) Liberals have been big supporters of slavery, Indian massacres, the KKK, eugenics, fascism, communism and Jim Crow laws. Then, down the road, after liberals finally join everyone else, they try to claim that conservatives still support all the practices that we fought liberals on from the beginning.

19) Liberals think black Americans are inferior to whites, which is why the worst, most crime-ridden places to live in America are inevitably run by liberals. That's acceptable to liberals because they don't think black Americans deserve any better.

20) A liberal is more likely to support a man who murders a cop like Mumia Abu Jamal than cops who want to regularly patrol a bad neighborhood in force to keep the criminals from terrorizing the innocent people who live there.

21) The average middle aged Tea Partier who's going to rallies, talking about the Constitution and calling for reduced spending cares more about "the children" than 99% of the liberals out there who demand that we support one stupid program after the other "for the children."

22) You have to be a horrible human being to be okay with terrorists like Bill Ayers teaching kids at a college.

23) Because liberals are unable to ever admit they're wrong, they systematically ruin and destroy everything they become involved with and then either point the finger elsewhere or demand even more government involvement to fix the problems they created.

24) Detroit – and, yes, liberals did that.

25) Even "liberal Christians" are generally supportive of other liberals who attack Christianity, which is why "liberal Christians" is in quotes.

- 25 Reasons To Dislike Liberals

Heck, I like liberals, myself.

That's why I hate 95% of the authoritarian leftists who call themselves liberals, but are anything but.

Any moron who defends the ultra conservatism inherent in Islam is not a liberal. They are just a useful idiot.

25 Reasons To Dislike Liberals
John Hawkins | May 11, 2013

5b0d64f2-6659-44e1-9c97-2b6ef9b656df.jpg

Liberals view themselves as good people because they're liberals. People who are outside of that ugly little bit of circular reasoning don't have such a benign view of their horrible behavior. So, what reason could you have to dislike liberals?

1) Only liberals would be cruel enough to pick on kids running lemonade stands with a permit, children putting on Christmas plays at school and the Boy Scouts.

2) Because the closest thing to Sodom and Gomorrah in the modern world is San Francisco and Berkeley.

3) Whether you're talking about cop killers, terrorists, radical Islamists or dictators, all you have to do is say, "I hate America," and liberals start to sympathize with you.

4) Liberals are actually bothered by people who do love America. On the rare occasion when you do see a liberal waving a flag, look for a camera.

5) The same people who voted Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama into office think they're smarter than tradition, the Founding Fathers and God Himself.

6) Liberals might not want to admit it, but the world would have been a better place if Mary Jo Kopechne had crawled up out of that car instead of Ted Kennedy.

7) Only an ass could like Bill Maher, Alan Grayson or Sheila Jackson Lee.

8) Liberals believe in taking money from people who earn it, handing it out as bribes in order to get more power and then using that power to hurt the people that are giving them money.

9) The same liberal who'll laugh at a rape joke about Sarah Palin and then attack Michele Bachmann's family will then turn around and accuse someone else of being sexist for respectfully noting that a woman is attractive.

10) Liberals view hooking people on welfare and food stamps as a core part of their election strategy, which is terrible for the country, shows they have no character and requires more than a little hatred for poor people.

11) The dumbest, most close-minded and mean spirited people in all of politics are inevitably liberals who are convinced they're brilliant, open-minded and compassionate because they call themselves liberals.

12) A policy that makes liberals feel superior and caring that doesn't work and wastes billions is considered a smashing success because they genuinely DON'T CARE WHETHER THEIR POLICIES ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE OR NOT.

13) The same liberal who pretends to be angry about Susan Smith or Casey Anthony will then turn around and give the thumbs up to women who do the same thing to their children via abortion.

14) There's a reason why the average homeschooled kid gets a better education than he would in a public school run by liberals. It's because the kid's parents are interested in educating him while his liberal teachers view public schools as just another way to indoctrinate children.

15) Noam Chomsky is an America-hating creep and to think of him as some kind of genius, you have to both despise our country enough to suspend your disbelief and be largely ignorant of world history.

16) Anyone whose first reaction after a terrorist attack is, "Why do they hate us?" is just an intolerable douche.

17) Liberals talk up Hillary Clinton as the most prominent and important female politician in America; yet her entire political career is based on the fact that she married Bill Clinton. That's actually kind of pathetic.

18) Liberals have been big supporters of slavery, Indian massacres, the KKK, eugenics, fascism, communism and Jim Crow laws. Then, down the road, after liberals finally join everyone else, they try to claim that conservatives still support all the practices that we fought liberals on from the beginning.

19) Liberals think black Americans are inferior to whites, which is why the worst, most crime-ridden places to live in America are inevitably run by liberals. That's acceptable to liberals because they don't think black Americans deserve any better.

20) A liberal is more likely to support a man who murders a cop like Mumia Abu Jamal than cops who want to regularly patrol a bad neighborhood in force to keep the criminals from terrorizing the innocent people who live there.

21) The average middle aged Tea Partier who's going to rallies, talking about the Constitution and calling for reduced spending cares more about "the children" than 99% of the liberals out there who demand that we support one stupid program after the other "for the children."

22) You have to be a horrible human being to be okay with terrorists like Bill Ayers teaching kids at a college.

23) Because liberals are unable to ever admit they're wrong, they systematically ruin and destroy everything they become involved with and then either point the finger elsewhere or demand even more government involvement to fix the problems they created.

24) Detroit – and, yes, liberals did that.

25) Even "liberal Christians" are generally supportive of other liberals who attack Christianity, which is why "liberal Christians" is in quotes.

- 25 Reasons To Dislike Liberals

You are wrong in assuming all teachers are liberals, or interested in indoctrination.

Forum List

Back