Why do people of religion...

ok biz, even if I don't agree that you can't see gravity, what's the "evidence" that you see of god?

The bible is all gibberish so that anyone can interpret it anyway they want. And anyways, it's a book written by men, not god. God said this, god said that. To whom? When? What language did god speak?

I recommend you learn a little more science first, you can't see gravity, period. Hell, dropping something is barely evidence of gravity, because magnetic forces work on the same "evidence" ... so no. The "falling" (not really falling since up and down are relative terms) is actually an object with a weaker gravitational pull being drawn by an object with a greater gravitational pull, all objects have gravity, and this is an effect, not evidence. It was the effect of gravitational pull that sparked the interest and later discovery of the mathematics used to explain it, the math is the evidence, and you can't see that either.

As for the existence of a being "bigger" than us ... science states that not only is it possible, but extremely probable as well. The only thing science does not demonstrate is whether such a being orchestrated the creation of the universe we exist in ourselves. Science does not draw conclusions for "why" ... it only demonstrates "how".

"science states that not only is it possible, but extremely probable as well." I've never heard if that. But extremely probable isn't proof.

"science states that not only is it possible, but extremely probable as well." I've never heard if that. But extremely probable isn't proof.

No, "extremely probable" is the result of evidence used by scientists. As I said, you need to learn more about science.

ok biz, even if I don't agree that you can't see gravity, what's the "evidence" that you see of god?

The bible is all gibberish so that anyone can interpret it anyway they want. And anyways, it's a book written by men, not god. God said this, god said that. To whom? When? What language did god speak?

I recommend you learn a little more science first, you can't see gravity, period. Hell, dropping something is barely evidence of gravity, because magnetic forces work on the same "evidence" ... so no. The "falling" (not really falling since up and down are relative terms) is actually an object with a weaker gravitational pull being drawn by an object with a greater gravitational pull, all objects have gravity, and this is an effect, not evidence. It was the effect of gravitational pull that sparked the interest and later discovery of the mathematics used to explain it, the math is the evidence, and you can't see that either.

As for the existence of a being "bigger" than us ... science states that not only is it possible, but extremely probable as well. The only thing science does not demonstrate is whether such a being orchestrated the creation of the universe we exist in ourselves. Science does not draw conclusions for "why" ... it only demonstrates "how".

Highly unlikely that will be understood, as I understand this little debate is a continual thing....

LOL, a christian telling me i need to learn about science to find proof of god? LOL, that's a good one, keep them coming.:lol:

LOL, a christian telling me i need to learn about science to find proof of god? LOL, that's a good one, keep them coming.:lol:

:eusa_eh: Really? Me ... a christian ... damn you are dense.

You may want to look around a bit more before making such assumptions, because every christian on here will likely rip you a new asshole for that one. :cool:

So try again.

Highly unlikely that will be understood, as I understand this little debate is a continual thing....

What has gotten my goat lately is that people on both sides of the science v religion debate are completely daft now, the two are not exclusive as they both work in completely different realms of reality. But then for some reason everyone thinks that only the "why" or "how" can exist, when in reality they both MUST exist for it to work. Otherwise this entire universe is just completely random and pointless and what we do has no meaning.

Oh, I forgot, the pharoah himself!

"Otherwise this entire universe is just completely random and pointless and what we do has no meaning." So because we do not yet know what the meaning, etc... is, you attribute it to some mystical being(s). That doesn't even make any sense, to say: I don't know so it must be...

To The We Are They (TWAT) guy,

I guess it all depends on your standard of evidence. What you demand is impossible therefore you smugly declare victory and pat yourself on the back. Well bravo! You sure showed them. But like I said, atheist evangelists are even more pathetic than their theist doppelgangers and so Ravi's point applies equally to you. Apparently your faith in the non-existence of God must be mighty shaky if you need to validate it by trying to convert everyone else.

To The We Are They (TWAT) guy,

I guess it all depends on your standard of evidence. What you demand is impossible therefore you smugly declare victory and pat yourself on the back. Well bravo! You sure showed them. But like I said, atheist evangelists are even more pathetic than their theist doppelgangers and so Ravi's point applies equally to you. Apparently your faith in the non-existence of God must be mighty shaky if you need to validate it by trying to convert everyone else.

:clap2:

Tiger use your damn head man. I know you've got one. If you wish to permit gay marriage fine but please you are still stuffing what is essentially a moral view down other people's throat who think other wise.

Here is what god said? to whom? When? In english?

God does not speak in English, God speaks in gibberish when man writes it down, profanity when fundamentalists translate, and profundity when we just try to listen and be.

I was unaware that God cant speak English. In fact, I was unaware that an all powerful being had any sort of limitations on what is possible to do.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, I was just asking for proof of why you believe in what you do. Just like GW Bush, you had faith that WMD were there, even though unending searching for them turns up nothing, time after time.
So I guess in your make believe world, when you say something and can't back it up with proof, you win?

If you aren't a Christian I can't prove to you the existence of God If you are It isn't necessary.

Put it this way any God who states that salvation is to be by Grace and Grace alone cannot be directly provable by human logic. Which further suggests that there must be seemingly logical alternatives to the Simple God did it or everyone will believe in God.

AllBiz, wtf does that mumbo jumbo mean? Is that even English or just gibberish?

Want proof there's no god? That's easy: if there was a provable god, we wouldn't be arguing now would we?

There are several obvious problems with your argument.

For one, it's provable that the world was round, yet people have argued it for centuries and there are still some who refuse to accept such evidence. So according to your argument, we must claim that its impossible to prove the world round simply because people argue it.

Needless to say, your argument on that fails. Because there is a simple way to learn whether there is a God, much like there is to prove the world round. The simple way is to seek Him out and speak with Him. When you experience the power, love, and glory of God, it's impossible to deny His existence. When you hear His voice it's impossible to honestly say He isnt there.

But then, we already know you refuse to do so. Which is why you will never know. You will never make the effort to know. And God in His mercy wont tell you when you are unprepared to accept the consequences of that knowledge.

Second, if it was provable that God doesnt exist, then you wouldnt possibly be agnostic as you claim. Because in order to be agnostic you have to admit to have to knowledge either way.

Seems like sound advice to me.

You want proof of God, then you can experiment on the word. You have shown an unwillingness to do so however.

I'm agnostic because it's beyond our ability to know whether god exists. But so far, he doesn't because there is ZERO proof. But like the world not having been proven round at some point in early history, it was eventually proven round, something you can't claim with your god, because you can't prove anything

Avatar, can we see the planet your god comes from through the hubble telescope?

Forum List

Back