Why do people of religion...

What has gotten my goat lately is that people on both sides of the science v religion debate are completely daft now, the two are not exclusive as they both work in completely different realms of reality. But then for some reason everyone thinks that only the "why" or "how" can exist, when in reality they both MUST exist for it to work. Otherwise this entire universe is just completely random and pointless and what we do has no meaning.

Ive never understood the so false dichotemy between science and religion. It makes no sense. Especially when almost all the sciences were originally viewed as being a way to become closer to God through learning the natural laws of the world we live in. Science has always had a spiritual component. People seek God by seeking the truth.

But then we are in an age where people deny truth exists and seeking truth is worthless unless it brings profit.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, I was just asking for proof of why you believe in what you do. Just like GW Bush, you had faith that WMD were there, even though unending searching for them turns up nothing, time after time.
So I guess in your make believe world, when you say something and can't back it up with proof, you win?

What did I say that I cannot back up? Link please.

I'm not trying to convert anyone, I was just asking for proof of why you believe in what you do. Just like GW Bush, you had faith that WMD were there, even though unending searching for them turns up nothing, time after time.
So I guess in your make believe world, when you say something and can't back it up with proof, you win?

I believe what I do because God revealed it to me. How else can anyone learn about the Spiritual world around us except through the Spirit?

And your analogy is wrong, President Bush has proof that WMDs were in Iraq. As did every other nation under the sun. And they were as evidenced by the mustard gas and mass graves foudn in Iraq. That has nothing to do with. Neither has anything to do with faith.

Unending searching has not turned up nothing. Quite the opposite. Those who see find. But youd know this if you bothered to do so. But we all know you find the idea of searching for knowledge ridiculous. So why exactly are you surprised when you dont find it?

Avatar, you found an alien from another planet, you should just stfu, everyone thinks you're a retard, except truthspeaker of course.

manifold, try proving anything from the bible.

I'm agnostic because it's beyond our ability to know whether god exists. But so far, he doesn't because there is ZERO proof. But like the world not having been proven round at some point in early history, it was eventually proven round, something you can't claim with your god, because you can't prove anything

Avatar, can we see the planet your god comes from through the hubble telescope?

Your wrong, I know God exists the same way I know my parents, family, and friends exist. Personal experience.

You have admitted you wont search. Yet your are concluding that with absolutely no effort on your part that its impossible to know something and wonder why you are ignorant on the matter.

And I can guarentee you when God stands on this earth with His full majesty and power it's going to be pretty obvious He exists. However, you wont be prepared for that day. Because you refuse to even try to learn prior to that. And it is very possible to learn about the existance and nature of God prior to that. You just refuse to experiment.

And thus pride comes before the fall.

Wat? You appear to have about one watt. Obviously if God created the universe then he couldn't have come from a planet within that universe. And you have the cast iron gall to question the logical capabilities of Christians.

I'm not going to waste my time looking through your bs. You're a man of god, then back it up with some proof or get out of my thread.

I'm not going to waste my time looking through your bs. You're a man of god, then back it up with some proof or get out of my thread.

Oh, now he's telling us what we have to do. Very polite isnt he?

And just for the record, just because you arent convinced by the proof, doesnt mean it hasnt been provided. Its perfectly reasonable for people to expect you to back up your statements before they waste time responding to you.

Oh, now he's telling us what we have to do. Very polite isnt he?

And just for the record, just because you arent convinced by the proof, doesnt mean it hasnt been provided. Its perfectly reasonable for people to expect you to back up your statements before they waste time responding to you.

Maybe i can't read english as well as i thought, but WHAT PROOF?

Ya My thread, who elses?

Plenty of things in the Bible are scientifically proven. What does the Bible have to do with abortion, the topic of this thread?

This thread, btw, that is the intellectual property of USMB, not you nor any other individual member. Attempting to silence your critics with the aforementioned, easily answered challenge doesn't win anything. Only representatives of USMB will decide if someone will not be allowed to participate in a discussion.

IMO, as one of those representatives, you getting your ass handed to you does not qualify anyone else for being silenced. Hopefully we are clear on that and the particular issue of cyber-ownership has been laid to rest.

It does not require a God, nor a religion for that matter, to have a respect for human life. It only requires a respect for human life based on a set of ethics that may or may not be based on a religion.

Gunny, you're not in the abortion thread, sorry.

And aside from some cities being found and other such normal things, what outrageous claim has been proven? I'm talking about the big things, like the ark, the 6 days of creation, adam and eve, virgin birth...

Forum List

Back