Why do poor communities exist in America?

Employment is at the will of either party, regardless of the weeks involved.
Is your plan going to involve automatic stimulus payments for those who run out of unemployment compensation after twenty-six weeks?

It could, in emergency situations, such as what happened with Covid-19. But that is not automatic.

Then, it is worthless for solving simple poverty; why do you Want problems not Solutions, person on the Right-Wing?

There are programs that work to solve simple poverty.

UC solves problems of temporary unemployment. That is why it was created and it's mission.

Student loans don't solve simple poverty either. I am sure you could completely revamp the program to make it help with simple poverty, like making it available to non-students and making it so no one has to pay back the loans. But student loans were not designed to solve simple poverty and neither was UC.

There are programs that work to solve simple poverty.

UC solves problems of temporary unemployment. That is why it was created and it's mission.

Student loans don't solve simple poverty either. I am sure you could completely revamp the program to make it help with simple poverty, like making it available to non-students and making it so no one has to pay back the loans. But student loans were not designed to solve simple poverty and neither was UC.
Cognitive dissonance? Why a War on Poverty for over a generation if what You proclaim contains Any "gospel Truth"?

The problem is, poverty is not as temporary. The issue is employment is at the will of either party not You.

I have not made this about me. I addressed the complaint you had about the current UC.

And, as I said, UC was not designed to solve simple poverty. And it was, by its very nature, designed to be temporary.

Cognitive dissonance? Why a War on Poverty for over a generation if what You proclaim contains Any "gospel Truth"?

Many issues for poverty involve bad decisions or choices by the people. That cannot be solved. Even in situations where full welfare, gov't housing and food stamps are given, many people remain poor. Being successful does require action on the part of the individual.

Many issues for poverty involve bad decisions or choices by the people. That cannot be solved. Even in situations where full welfare, gov't housing and food stamps are given, many people remain poor. Being successful does require action on the part of the individual.
Why have capitalism if there are no capital solutions to be found?

Why have capitalism if there are no capital solutions to be found?

There are capital solutions to be found.

However, what you want is for the gov't to solve poverty for people who will not lift a finger to solve their own poverty. No statute, law, or part of the US Constitution requires that.

There are capital solutions to be found.

However, what you want is for the gov't to solve poverty for people who will not lift a finger to solve their own poverty. No statute, law, or part of the US Constitution requires that.
In political economics, automatic stabilizers should be preferred to more arbitrary and more capricious public policies enactable by the legislature. An executive order would be simpler.

In other words, you still prefer to increase the cost to the taxpayer by creating more Rules instead of individual Liberty.

People are just as free as before. They are free to take care of themselves. Getting UC for 26 weeks does not limit a person's liberty.

In political economics, automatic stabilizers should be preferred to more arbitrary and more capricious public policies enactable by the legislature. An executive order would be simpler.

Again, no statute, law or part of the US Constitution requires that people be paid, without consequences, for doing nothing.

Rather than spend billions of dollars supporting people and perpetuating the poverty, spend that money on education and job training so they can support themselves.

Forum List

Back