Why do progressive liberals hate Glenn Beck?

Obama tells students: Government tyranny? As if!

Monday, May 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM EDT

President Obama spoke to graduating students in Ohio and one line in particular jumped off the page – he told those in attendance to ‘reject’ anyone warning against government tyranny. Obama was clearly trying to marginalize the NRA convention that was being held at about the same time and it only served to further divide America. Glenn reacted on radio today.

Obama tells students: Government tyranny? As if! ? Glenn Beck
The gun nuts have diluted the definition of tyranny to suit their own ends. These morons know NOTHING of tyranny! Certainly tyranny has happened here in the United States and within my lifetime. But today no one is denied their voting rights, told where to sit on busses and restaurants and theaters. No one is forced to drink from a certain water fountain or denied admission to state supported colleges due to their class or race. No one is lynched.

And that was tyranny. Was it overthrown by armed insurrection? Were there pitched gun battles across the nation? Did anyone think to drive a car bomb to a federal office building?

When real Americans faced real tyranny, they reacted with peaceful protest and civil disobedience. When the rabid Right wing perceives tyranny, they call for gun play.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr or Timothy McVeigh. Take your pick!

President Obama spoke to graduating students in Ohio and one line in particular jumped off the page – he told those in attendance to ‘reject’ anyone warning against government tyranny. Obama was clearly trying to marginalize the NRA convention that was being held at about the same time and it only served to further divide America. Glenn reacted on radio today.

The gun nuts have diluted the definition of tyranny to suit their own ends. These morons know NOTHING of tyranny! Certainly tyranny has happened here in the United States and within my lifetime. But today no one is denied their voting rights, told where to sit on busses and restaurants and theaters. No one is forced to drink from a certain water fountain or denied admission to state supported colleges due to their class or race. No one is lynched.

And that was tyranny. Was it overthrown by armed insurrection? Were there pitched gun battles across the nation? Did anyone think to drive a car bomb to a federal office building?

When real Americans faced real tyranny, they reacted with peaceful protest and civil disobedience. When the rabid Right wing perceives tyranny, they call for gun play.

Typical Progressive/liberal analyses, pure
bullshitanimicon.gif
...:razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaciKEhNmhk]nosmo king 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Typical Progressive/liberal analyses, pure
bullshitanimicon.gif
...:razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaciKEhNmhk]nosmo king 1 - YouTube[/ame]
well said. You must be smarter than I to offer up such a riveting and comprehensive retort. And Nosmo King is a Pittsburgh thing, not British.

The rabid Right seems to be adept at redefining words to suit their peculiar ends. Back in 2003, if someone suggested that invading Iraq is a bad idea, the rabid Rights called that expression "Treason". Of course it wasn't treason at all, but when politics are in the balance, what do real definitions matter?

Today, gun control legislation is referred to by that same rabid Right as "Tyranny".

It's as if they never cracked a book, let alone a dictionary. But they ask to be taken seriously in open debate. The petulant, churlish, uneducated rabid Right wants to be taken seriously even though they know nothing of tyranny or treason. And that should serve to amuse any and all readers with a high school diploma.

why would dems hate this guy? LOL
Democrats and Liberals do not hate Glenn Beck. They do not fear Glenn Beck. They actually pity Glenn Beck and wish him well as he disseminates poorly thought out propaganda to fuel the imaginations of the rabid Right.

But, the rabid Right hates and fears. So framing any discussion must be done in the template they are most familiar with: hatred and fear.

These are the most trusted people in America?

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM EDT

And who’s number two on the list? Naturally, its Tom Hanks’ co-star in the critically panned movie Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close, Sandra Bullock.

“I don’t trust Sandra Bullock that it’s going to be a good movie,” Glenn joked. “For every The Blind Side, there is a Speed 2.”

Moving down the list, the Hollywood love affair continues with Denzel Washington coming in at number three and Meryl Streep at number four.

“I mean, who did they call,” Glenn asked. “Only Hollywood agents?”

“Look. I mean, the people who are winning are actors, and their job is to play someone they’re not,” Stu observed. “Their job is to lie to you convincingly!”

“Obviously they are doing a good job of it,” Pat quipped.

From the media world, ABC News’ Robin Roberts faired the best, ranking twelfth on the list. Other journalists and personalities include, Ellen DeGeneres, Diane Sawyer, Brian Williams, Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, Anderson Cooper, George Stephanopoulos, Oprah Winfrey, and Scott Pelley.

“No way,” Pat said in reaction to Pelley making the cut.

Fox News Channel, the most watched cable news channel in the country, only managed to get just one person – Shepard Smith – on the list. And Shep is ranked 100th.
[only because he's a faggot]

These are the most trusted people in America? ? Glenn Beck

Democrats and Liberals do not hate Glenn Beck. They do not fear Glenn Beck. They actually pity Glenn Beck and wish him well as he disseminates poorly thought out propaganda to fuel the imaginations of the rabid Right.

But, the rabid Right hates and fears. So framing any discussion must be done in the template they are most familiar with: hatred and fear.

It's not the rabid right as you call them that tries to get rid of anything that is an opposing view.
It is the rabid left who boycotts and shuts down anything that's more popular than they are.

It's not the rabid right as you call them that tries to get rid of anything that is an opposing view.
It is the rabid left who boycotts and shuts down anything that's more popular than they are.
You misunderstood me. I'm saying the Right basically traffics in fear and hatred as the bone and sinew of their rhetorical style. The right throws "hate" and "fear" into their arguments the way a cook throws salt and pepper into a sauce.

Asking why Liberals "hate" Glenn Beck is a non-starter. If there was anything close to 'hate' and 'fear' it's not associated with a former DJ turned Conservative wunderkind. But the Right will continue to frame arguments in terms of "hate" and "fear" because hate and fear is what Conservatives do best.

You misunderstood me. I'm saying the Right basically traffics in fear and hatred as the bone and sinew of their rhetorical style. The right throws "hate" and "fear" into their arguments the way a cook throws salt and pepper into a sauce.

Asking why Liberals "hate" Glenn Beck is a non-starter. If there was anything close to 'hate' and 'fear' it's not associated with a former DJ turned Conservative wunderkind. But the Right will continue to frame arguments in terms of "hate" and "fear" because hate and fear is what Conservatives do best.

You mean like the left uses the race card , religious bigotry and intolerance?

Immie

Last edited:

Immie
So the Texas county commissioner who said the best way to wink at a Muslim is down the sights of a shotgun is a Liberal? Those who protested building a mosque blocks away from Ground Zero were all Leftists? How about the "Minister" in Florida who loves to burn books, particularly the Koran? Another Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging Liberal?

When it comes to religious bigotry, the Left has NOTHING on the Right!

Immie
So the Texas county commissioner who said the best way to wink at a Muslim is down the sights of a shotgun is a Liberal? Those who protested building a mosque blocks away from Ground Zero were all Leftists? How about the "Minister" in Florida who loves to burn books, particularly the Koran? Another Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging Liberal?

Don't know anything about the county commissioner.

But you are incorrect. The left's bigotry far outweighs that of a few neocon morons.

I notice you avoided the race card and intolerance issue altogether except that one can rightly claim those assholes you mentioned are intolerant. Difference between them and you on the left is that they do not claim to be tolerant of others nor do they demand you tolerate them.

Immie

ABC report proves Obama lying on Benghazi, White House holds off the record meeting with select press

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM EDT

“How many times did they change it according to ABC News today?” Glenn said. “Twelve times. The State Department left coworkers to die while saying, ‘We did no such thing.’ They left coworkers unprotected and said, ‘We didn’t know that they asked for more backup. We didn’t know that they wanted things to be changed. We had no warning of something like this coming.’ We now know all of that is untrue. They lied to our allies, they lied to the world, they lied to you. And the media smeared anyone who said these things. I know because I was one of them. I pointed out the truth. I showed you the truth. Early. I was a conspiracy theorist. I was a crazy man. Anybody who did it, you’re a danger. They smeared, they destroyed, and they covered for the White House, and they’re still doing it.”

From the report:

After Glenn went off radio, it was announced that the White House was holding an off the record meeting with select members of the White House Press Corp to discuss the issue.

In response to this news, Glenn tweeted the following:

What is happening with BENGHAZI? Who are they setting up to fall? Abc, bbc, CNN all doing a 180. Then a meeting at the WH off record.
2:54 PM - 10 May 2013

ABC report proves Obama lying on Benghazi, White House holds off the record meeting with select press ? Glenn Beck

Immie

Really? Terry Jones is a Liberal? Wanna prove that with a link, because everything I've read about him has said he's a conservative.

Almost all the people you've listed are far right, not far left.

The left is smarter.

r-hillary-clinton-to-mideast-large570.jpg

adiós...

It’s time to appoint special counsel, explore impeachment of President Obama

Monday, May 13, 2013

“They lied about it at the White House, they lied about it at the State Department,” Glenn said. “They said that an American, who now sits in prison, they said that an American was responsible for this on this videotape, making some videotape, when they knew that was absolutely false. There was no, zero, no indication that it was a videotape at all. They left people to die. They left people to die.”

Gregory Hicks, a senior diplomat at The State Department, has come out and testified that U.S. Special Forces were prepared to come to the aid of the Libyan embassy from Tripoli, but were given the order to stand down.

Amidst the Benghazi hearing, news broke that the IRS had in fact targeted conservative groups.

It?s time to appoint special counsel, explore impeachment of President Obama ? Glenn Beck

Immie

Really? Terry Jones is a Liberal? Wanna prove that with a link, because everything I've read about him has said he's a conservative.

Almost all the people you've listed are far right, not far left.

The left is smarter.
I'm showing Immie that the religious bigotry is from the radical Right, not the Left. I'm pointing out some of the more egregious examples of bigotry from Right wingers by citing Jones et al.

GlennBeckGotGun.jpg

Trifecta: Obama’s third major scandal in just days

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM EDT

“Now, will the press actually care? Because members of the press, it used to be just people like me. This is what we warned. When we asked the president ‑‑ the White House said that they were monitoring the communications of some members of the press, and I remember we called the White House: Could we find out who’s on that list? Are we on the list? Neither confirm, nor deny. And we were passed back from agency to agency. Okay. And I remember saying on the air, ‘Members of the press, don’t you care about this? You don’t care that they have said members, some members of the press are being monitored. You don’t have a problem with that?’ No. Well, now all of a sudden the AP has a problem,” Glenn said.

Trifecta: Obama?s third major scandal in just days ? Glenn Beck

Was the IRS used as a weapon against Glenn?

Thursday, May 16, 2013

In 2010, Glenn told listeners, “Last year I was audited. I owed exactly zero to the IRS. I overpay my taxes. I have for years because when in doubt, give it to them. I don’t want to hear from IRS agents. But I heard from them. Wonder if I’ll hear from them again. Wouldn’t that be a weird coincidence? By the way, Pat, you were audited, weren’t you? Isn’t that a weird thing.”

Yes, Pat Gray was audited too. As did Editor-in-Chief for TheBlaze Scott Baker. Weird.

“It’s very odd,” Stu said. “It’s so interesting because they can use this as a weapon so easily. I got a letter in the mail about a month ago that said that I owed $650, or something like that from a year or two ago taxes. And look, my initial reaction to that letter was, write a check and send it to them. Like that’s what I thought. That’s what I was going to do and I thought, I should at least send it to my accountant and see what she thinks about it. And she looked at it and said, no, you don’t owe this money. You’ve paid this already. I would have just paid it.”

Was the IRS used as a weapon against Glenn? ? Glenn Beck

Forum List

Back