Why do so many people on this board wish to return to the 18th century?

[Q

The "government" the Tories supported was not a democracy of the people, by the people or for the people. Your government is.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of government. The 51% of the electorate (which is usually only a plurality) can deprive the 49% of Liberty the same as any king or dictator.

That is certainly what we saw with that Obama asshole and the idiots that voted for him.

Where did Obama ever said anything that remotely inferred he was a God? He tends to be quite humble
Bwahahahahaha! You are the biggest Obama tool ever...

How about when he gave the Queen of England an iPod with his speeches on them? Not of Winston Churchill. Not of Margaret Thatcher. Not of Nelson Mandela. Nope! Of himself.

How about when he said that "Republican's can come along and sit in the back, but they aren't getting the keys" during his analogy on the economy? Astounding arrogance.

“I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house,” Obama told Netanyahu. “I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do.”

That admission came during a sit-down Obama did with HBO's Bill Simmons for a spread in GQ magazine, which named the two its men of the year. Obama acknowledged to Simmons that in the first few years of his presidency, "a certain arrogance crept in..."

And lets not even get into his concern over his own "legacy".

He is unquestionably the most arrogant president in U.S. history and he was a complete embarrassment to office of the presidency. The fact you even attempt to make a case for him being "humble" is why you are the joke of USMB.

Obama was known for his self effusing humor. He could laugh at himself

Trump is offended if anyone dares to make a joke at his expense. Trump is always...The best, the smartest, the richest
Where did Obama ever said anything that remotely inferred he was a God? He tends to be quite humble
Bwahahahahaha! You are the biggest Obama tool ever...

How about when he gave the Queen of England an iPod with his speeches on them? Not of Winston Churchill. Not of Margaret Thatcher. Not of Nelson Mandela. Nope! Of himself.

How about when he said that "Republican's can come along and sit in the back, but they aren't getting the keys" during his analogy on the economy? Astounding arrogance.

“I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house,” Obama told Netanyahu. “I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do.”

That admission came during a sit-down Obama did with HBO's Bill Simmons for a spread in GQ magazine, which named the two its men of the year. Obama acknowledged to Simmons that in the first few years of his presidency, "a certain arrogance crept in..."

And lets not even get into his concern over his own "legacy".

He is unquestionably the most arrogant president in U.S. history and he was a complete embarrassment to office of the presidency. The fact you even attempt to make a case for him being "humble" is why you are the joke of USMB.

Obama was known for his self effusing humor. He could laugh at himself

Trump is offended if anyone dares to make a joke at his expense. Trump is always...The best, the smartest, the richest

That is funny.

We all know Trump has an ego.

That anyone thinks Obama's is any smaller is hysterical.

Why do so many people on this board wish to return to the 18th century? That was a time when we as a nation committed very little towards investment within our borders, very little laws or rules to protect the workers, life was far harder then today and I honestly believe the world of the time was so alien to the concepts of modern 20th and 21st century that America would be transformed into a very poor, backwards and violent society if we attempted it. It would be a outright suicide of the most advance nation on earth in many measures and a true lost to all of humanity.

Government expanded because it had too, just like every other modern state due to civilized people wanting infrastructure, wanting education for their children, clean air, water and food and a ever better standard of living. For one to argue that the 18th century was superior is the height of insanity within my mind, but that is exactly what extreme conservatism is bitching for. So you'd rather put your trust in the same corporations that pollute the environment in india then to have the government fine the bastards and give them a good reason to stop??? So you'd rather businesses have the power to refuse payment to work or set up sweat shops while you smile and say get a job. WTF is wrong with you? I say this because it could be you or your children that has little choice for employment! Why make life worse for yourself?

I could keep going on down the list on why the concepts of the 18th century would be a nightmare to the American people but I'll stop here. Lets just say that it isn't preferable and I really wish some people would see the benefits in living within a society that gives a shit about things.

Ummm, you're the person pushing for a return to the outdated technology of windmills. Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

These are conservatives as they believe they should live as they did thousands of years ago and fuck the easy advance life. You're either with them or with me.

Africa-Ethiopia-Omo-Valley_1.jpg

What is their "carbon footprint" shit fer brains?

WHO is advocating that type of life, Doofus?

Also we've seen great advances in science and technology in the 1990s but even though people claim that there hasn't been any paradigm shifting revolutionary advance in our understanding of the universe since Einstein.

If you wonder about that you should read that article:

Key Issues in Science

Our Liberal founders would be very proud of the country they created. Immense wealth, immense power, more freedom than they could imagine
Our conservative founders would be disgusted with this nation. The first thing they would say is "so how long was it until our experiment in self-government failed"?

See....being the parasite that you are and the left-winger obsessed only with wealth and power - you have no clue that our founders didn't give their life for "immense wealth" and/or "immense power". They gave it for liberty. Something that assholes like you have destroyed.

Why do so many people on this board wish to return to the 18th century? That was a time when we as a nation committed very little towards investment within our borders, very little laws or rules to protect the workers, life was far harder then today and I honestly believe the world of the time was so alien to the concepts of modern 20th and 21st century that America would be transformed into a very poor, backwards and violent society if we attempted it. It would be a outright suicide of the most advance nation on earth in many measures and a true lost to all of humanity.

Government expanded because it had too, just like every other modern state due to civilized people wanting infrastructure, wanting education for their children, clean air, water and food and a ever better standard of living. For one to argue that the 18th century was superior is the height of insanity within my mind, but that is exactly what extreme conservatism is bitching for. So you'd rather put your trust in the same corporations that pollute the environment in india then to have the government fine the bastards and give them a good reason to stop??? So you'd rather businesses have the power to refuse payment to work or set up sweat shops while you smile and say get a job. WTF is wrong with you? I say this because it could be you or your children that has little choice for employment! Why make life worse for yourself?

I could keep going on down the list on why the concepts of the 18th century would be a nightmare to the American people but I'll stop here. Lets just say that it isn't preferable and I really wish some people would see the benefits in living within a society that gives a shit about things.

Ummm, you're the person pushing for a return to the outdated technology of windmills. Just sayin....:eusa_whistle:

The pro-science left's vision of the future:

upload_2017-3-29_16-21-18.png

The funny part is that Conservatives imagine themselves to be like our founders
As if you know anything about our founders. You literally could not provide one accurate fact about them without using Google.

Our founders were the greatest Liberals of the day
Yes they were Classical Liberals, which is the polar opposite of Dumb Fuck Liberals, like you.

No such thing....Liberals are liberals are liberals

They fight for the issues of the day
Just because Conservatives are still struggling with the issues of all men being created equal does not somehow make them like our founders

Seems to me you are the ones struggling with all men are created equal. We settled that one is 1791. And then we reminded you in 1865. And then reminded you again in the 1960s. In fact we are still trying to convince you.

Last edited:
The funny part is that Conservatives imagine themselves to be like our founders
As if you know anything about our founders. You literally could not provide one accurate fact about them without using Google.

Our founders were the greatest Liberals of the day
Yes they were Classical Liberals, which is the polar opposite of Dumb Fuck Liberals, like you.

No such thing....Liberals are liberals are liberals

They fight for the issues of the day
Just because Conservatives are still struggling with the issues of all men being created equal does not somehow make them like our founders
You are just repeating that Conservatives are racist. Why comment at all?

If he stopped lying what else would he have?

You are a confused Moon Bat.

You, as a stupid modern day "liberal", would have sided with the Tories, who supported the big government of King George. The government that increased taxation and sent troops to take away the right to keep and bear arms. The British government that imposed oppressive regulations on the Colonies. The same oppressive shit you Liberals support nowadays.

You don't get to be a Liberal nowadays that claims that you are for the revolt against big government that our Founding Fathers initiated. It just makes you look like a silly little pink pussy hat wearing fool when you make a prosperous claim like that.

You are talking to someone who is completely illiterate of history and it shows in virtually every post he makes. He has no idea of the difference between Classical Liberalism and Progressive Liberalism. He believes they are exactly the same even though their principles are totally different.

I'm not sure when our government-run schools stopped teaching history. When I attended, it was a prerequisite and we had to pass. Our teachers were hard and we had to study this stuff, do essays and reports. Apparently, somewhere along the line we stopped teaching history or we started teaching a version I am not familiar with at all. Nowadays, I guess you just show up to class and make some halfhearted effort and they give you a passing grade. That's the only explanation I can come up with but this is getting to be a common problem.

During the progressive movement.

We need to start again

You, as a stupid modern day "liberal", would have sided with the Tories, who supported the big government of King George. The government that increased taxation and sent troops to take away the right to keep and bear arms. The British government that imposed oppressive regulations on the Colonies. The same oppressive shit you Liberals support nowadays..

Just the opposite, to be liberal is to invite change into the unknown. To give an unproven form of government hope and change. Conservatives wanted the status quo, the same old government they learned to tolerate.

So why is it liberals are fighting conservative reforms?

[Q

By definition...The Tories supported the King. They were the wealthy conservatives afraid to lose their cushy position in life

You Libtards are the Tories nowadays, supporting the continuation of big government intrusion into our lives. The same that they did in 1776. The "King" now is King Big Government, something you little libtard turds love more than life itself.
Funny how reality is the exact opposite, superdupe.

The Tories supported the status quo government of Britain. The government that increased taxation, subjugated the citizens to the will of the government and took arms away from the American people. The same things the shithead Liberals support nowadays.

The Patriots were fighting against big government. Go read the Declaration of Independence. It is a bitch list of many of the same kind of things the filthy ass Liberals are doing to this country nowadays.

The "government" the Tories supported was not a democracy of the people, by the people or for the people. Your government is.

We dont have a democracy. We have a republic. Or had one. Now we have a bureaucracy and you oppose every effort the people make to restore the republic

[Q

By definition...The Tories supported the King. They were the wealthy conservatives afraid to lose their cushy position in life

You Libtards are the Tories nowadays, supporting the continuation of big government intrusion into our lives. The same that they did in 1776. The "King" now is King Big Government, something you little libtard turds love more than life itself.
Funny how reality is the exact opposite, superdupe.

The Tories supported the status quo government of Britain. The government that increased taxation, subjugated the citizens to the will of the government and took arms away from the American people. The same things the shithead Liberals support nowadays.

The Patriots were fighting against big government. Go read the Declaration of Independence. It is a bitch list of many of the same kind of things the filthy ass Liberals are doing to this country nowadays.

We dont have a democracy. We have a republic. Or had one. Now we have a bureaucracy and you oppose every effort the people make to restore the republic
Look up republic. It's defined as a representational democracy. What are we missing?

Our Liberal founders would be very proud of the country they created. Immense wealth, immense power, more freedom than they could imagine
Our conservative founders would be disgusted with this nation. The first thing they would say is "so how long was it until our experiment in self-government failed"?

See....being the parasite that you are and the left-winger obsessed only with wealth and power - you have no clue that our founders didn't give their life for "immense wealth" and/or "immense power". They gave it for liberty. Something that assholes like you have destroyed.

In fact they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for their liberty.

Conservatives supported the king....follow the money

Liberals had them tarred and feathered

In fact they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for their liberty.
Conservatives weren't rebels. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were wild eyed liberal ideas, dupes.

Forum List

Back