Why do the God-haters persist?

Yes..state embraced atheism.

Not even close.

actually, I think if you add Mao and Stalin together they outnumber everything else combined.....

The only difference is technology. Capability versus intent. Is Mao worse than Cromwell because he starved 50 times as many people to death or are they both evil because they deliberately starved people to death for political and religious reasons?

actually, I think if you add Mao and Stalin together they outnumber everything else combined.....

I think if you take God alone and add up his mass genocides and the sufferings and plagues He has wrought according to scripture it isn't even a fair fight.
He would be far and away the heavyweight champion of slaughter and destruction.
Everyone else would just be trying to catch up with the champ!
/shrugs....yes, but that's just because you're making things up........

what is being made up ? -

the Atheist and Scripturalist are both not guilty of mass genocides ... of course not, history is your proof.

God is responsible for the whole mess of human suffering, if you accept the god premise.
Totally agree.

And if you don't accept the "God premise" who is responsible?

If you accept the supernatural as the reason for existence, then you don't really get to pick and choose what He/She/It/They are responsible for. Either we're granted this special consciousness and everything that goes along with it from on high or we weren't.

It's not some Chinese menu where the Gods give us something from Column A, a side from Column B, and an extra egg roll instead of the soup.

God is responsible for the whole mess of human suffering, if you accept the god premise.
Totally agree.

If you accept the supernatural as the reason for existence, then you don't really get to pick and choose what He/She/It/They are responsible for. Either we're granted this special consciousness and everything that goes along with it from on high or we weren't.

It's not some Chinese menu where the Gods give us something from Column A, a side from Column B, and an extra egg roll instead of the soup.

I don't accept the supernatural as the reason for existence. I believe Spiritual Nature created all physical existence including life.

Totally agree.

Men of all stripes.
Particularly those that invest in a great spiritual reality through their own rationalizations.

We're all responsible for our own actions. Boss, stop trying to blame someone else for your failings.

Totally agree.

Men of all stripes.
Particularly those that invest in a great spiritual reality through their own rationalizations.

So you think men would be more "moral" if we completely abandoned spiritual reality?

Men of all stripes.

So you think men would be more "moral" if we completely abandoned spiritual reality?

The question makes an assumption that is not accepted as a given.
Based on you being a practitioner of what you believe to be a connection with the spiritual nature it doesn't appear that it foments any particular goodwill among men.

Men of all stripes.

Based on you being a practitioner of what you believe to be a connection with the spiritual nature it doesn't appear that it foments any particular goodwill among men.

Questions don't make assumptions. That is the point of a question, to ascertain information so an assumption doesn't happen. My position notwithstanding, I asked what you thought. I'm not really seeing an answer. You are simply trying to push the question back in my face.

You are indicating you don't believe spirituality foments any particular goodwill among men. I am trying not to assume anything here, I ask you again, would mankind be better off (i.e. more moral) if we completely abandoned spiritual reality? Clarify your position, please?

Questions don't make assumptions. That is the point of a question, to ascertain information so an assumption doesn't happen. My position notwithstanding, I asked what you thought. I'm not really seeing an answer. You are simply trying to push the question back in my face.

You are indicating you don't believe spirituality foments any particular goodwill among men. I am trying not to assume anything here, I ask you again, would mankind be better off (i.e. more moral) if we completely abandoned spiritual reality? Clarify your position, please?

Questions absolutely can make assumptions. Yours most certainly did. You called spirituality a "reality", which by answering the question I am accepting that, so as asked the question won't be addressed.
If I asked you "Why are you an asshole?", would that question have any assumptions? If you say "No", you are accepting the premise of the question.
I know, English isn't your forte.
I am observing that your particular brand of spirituality foments no particular goodwill.
Restating the question would be necessary for me to answer it.

I am observing that your particular brand of spirituality foments no particular goodwill.

only if you believe as Boss that just humanity has a connection with our Creator ... goodwill in Nature and levels of purity far surpassing anything attributed to mankind exist and for all living creatures as far back as 700 million years and counting.

Good grief, can't you come up with a better insult? We all know who the hag, and the hag squad, were and are.

Are you that confused, or is this your way of shifting blame?

And weren't you going to ignore me forever? I think you said you were, after you said you put some sort of hex on me, lol...
now your just making more shit up...not like you ever stopped..

Good grief, can't you come up with a better insult? We all know who the hag, and the hag squad, were and are.

Are you that confused, or is this your way of shifting blame?

And weren't you going to ignore me forever? I think you said you were, after you said you put some sort of hex on me, lol...

I have no idea who the hag squad were and/or are. :(
neither does kosher hag....

:lol: @ "questions dont make assumptions."

Another hairbrained assertion six billion nautical miles from the truth.

You're hilarious, and a completely inept debater.
No one ever said the bible doesn't require interpretive skills. I said that verse doesn't challenge anyones interpretive skills.
You create a strawman argument about how I said the bible as a whole doesn't require those skills and then argue against your creation rather than address my post.
You are a hack, a seriously poor thinker, but highly entertaining.

Well if I am an inept debater and I'm clearly running circles around you, that doesn't speak very well for your debate skills. According to John, the Bible has to be taken as a whole. Parsing out one verse and trying to formulate some argument based on that is useless. Am I a poor thinker, or am I hitting the nail on the head every time you open your stupid little mouth?

Again, humans are fallible, they aren't God or Jesus, they make mistakes and commit sin. They don't always live by the Word, they can't... it's why they require salvation. You claim you were a pastor but you didn't know this? No wonder you fell from grace.
wake up dorthy!

To use your turn of phrase, who the hell are YOU to tell anyone what they believe? And strange that you don't mind telling people what they believe but are so opposed to telling them how to behave.

Well, I have a PhD in Psychology and understand how the human mind works. I can pretty much tell what people believe by what they say because I am trained to do so. And I'm not understanding what is so "strange" about two completely different and unrelated things. Analyzing what you believe and telling you how you should behave are as different as night and day.

I think whether or not they believe is actually irrelevant, though it is fun to point out how idiotic it is to race around asking questions about God if you maintain he doesn't exist.

I believe they're arrogant pissants that are used by Satan to do his dirty work. And they're too stupid to even recognize it...despite their eternal cry of "We're so much smarter than the average bear!"

satan is as much a fictional character as god.
if he were not,he could not do anything god would not allow him to do...

Forum List

Back