Why do you need to carry a gun?

But people who think ahead about their welfare and the welfare of those around them do all these things, and more. They may place greater or lesser emphasis on various things, and that's called personal privilege.

But isn't that a common trait of the left; never be prepared? I'm not talking just about guns, I'm talking about everything.

They have children they can't support because they didn't take precautions. When the kid is born and they can't take care of them, they end up on welfare.

Or they get into trouble with the law, end up in prison, and then complain that they can't get a job after they get out. Well shouldn't you have thought about that before you committed a serious crime?

Speaking of which, a cop pulls them over; maybe for a simple traffic violation. They end up mouthing off to the cop, refuse to obey any orders, stick their hand in their coat and then get shot by the officer. Then they cry about police brutality.

They drop out of school, or otherwise don't seek a trade or skill. Then they can't make any money. They blame the rich guys instead of themselves. They never invested a dime of their money, nor know how because they never spent time to look it up. They simply wanted to work 40 hours a week and expected to get paid superior money to do monkey jobs.

So their stance on guns and self-defense is not too unexpected. It's just the way they are born I guess. Never prepare for anything.

I think you're right, but it's hard to see these qualities alone as "Left". Perhaps this basic laziness along with the "not my fault" attitude is what draws people to the left, where they are promised the free ride they "deserve".

It's a powerful recruitment method, and one that breeds a league of obedient voters. That's a stark contrast to the "take charge, I'm responsible for my own destiny" credo that is prevalent among pro-gunners.

Sadly, leftist thinking is a virulent contagion that infects many people without them even realizing it.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Ridiculous sophistry.

No one ‘needs’ to carry a gun.

Carrying a concealed firearm is a subjective, personal preference.

Just as I carry a concealed firearm not out of ‘need’ but due to preference.

"No one ‘needs’ to carry a gun."
That's total bullshit.
EVERYBODY decent living among the filth in America's shitholes "NEEDS" to carry.
Would you summarily shoot someone who was speaking Spanish? So,women who was openly homosexual? So,wine dressed shabbily? Someone Black?

Interesting that you hear the word "filth" and immediately jump to people speaking Spanish, lesbians, and black people. Tells us a lot about you.
Have you ever read any of Brokeloser's rants?

Not since I put him on ignore. However, I did see the post you responded to when I responded to yours.

I'm pro-second Amendment, but I'm not a zealot. I believe in responsible gun ownership, zealots believe that anybody can carry a gun no matter what their intentions.
I too believe is responsible gun ownership.

I think the deadly mistake is believing that gun-free zones are really gun free. That, to me, is as irresponsible as it gets.

Ridiculous sophistry.

"No one ‘needs’ to carry a gun."
That's total bullshit.
EVERYBODY decent living among the filth in America's shitholes "NEEDS" to carry.
Would you summarily shoot someone who was speaking Spanish? So,women who was openly homosexual? So,wine dressed shabbily? Someone Black?

Interesting that you hear the word "filth" and immediately jump to people speaking Spanish, lesbians, and black people. Tells us a lot about you.
Have you ever read any of Brokeloser's rants?

Not since I put him on ignore. However, I did see the post you responded to when I responded to yours.

AWESOME!
I made another pussies ignore list.

The eastern side of my state has rattlesnakes. I grew up learning how to stay away from them.

What I don't understand is why the need to kill the snake. Yes a copperhead is very dangerous and kills but that doesn't mean that it should be killed.

All that was needed was to call the proper animal authorities to have them come to remove the snake. Take it somewhere that it won't harm anyone.

It's not necessary to kill it. We didn't kill rattlesnakes just because we saw them. We just learned to stay away from them and if they got too close to homes to call the proper authorities to come to remove it.

The county I live in, Animal Control could take days for a reptile. It is very rural, Fire or Paramedics is at least twenty minutes. Police can take much longer. You learn to take care of things yourself. That is why the law says you are well within your rights to kill venomous snakes. Non venomous is a $1,000 fine. Or possibly jail time.

The eastern side of my state that has rattlesnakes is very rural too. It's mostly desert and farms.

Yes it would take a while for the right person to get there but the snake isn't going anywhere and people know to stay away from it so it's not much of a threat to anyone. Just because it can't be removed at that instant second for your instant gratification doesn't mean it won't be properly removed.

I just don't think it's necessary to kill the snake. It can be moved to a safe place.

Part of the violence mentality I cited way earlier is this wacko idea that one deals with every little thing that may come up by shooting at it, blowing it up, destroying it. Very primitive.

It seem like it.

I don't think an innocent snake should be killed just because it's venom is dangerous.

I spent my whole childhood going to my grand parents place in the east side of the state. I saw hundreds of rattlesnakes. No one killed them. They were just removed to a safe place.

No one was hurt and the snakes got to live.

The eastern side of my state has rattlesnakes. I grew up learning how to stay away from them.

What I don't understand is why the need to kill the snake. Yes a copperhead is very dangerous and kills but that doesn't mean that it should be killed.

All that was needed was to call the proper animal authorities to have them come to remove the snake. Take it somewhere that it won't harm anyone.

It's not necessary to kill it. We didn't kill rattlesnakes just because we saw them. We just learned to stay away from them and if they got too close to homes to call the proper authorities to come to remove it.

The county I live in, Animal Control could take days for a reptile. It is very rural, Fire or Paramedics is at least twenty minutes. Police can take much longer. You learn to take care of things yourself. That is why the law says you are well within your rights to kill venomous snakes. Non venomous is a $1,000 fine. Or possibly jail time.

The eastern side of my state that has rattlesnakes is very rural too. It's mostly desert and farms.

Yes it would take a while for the right person to get there but the snake isn't going anywhere and people know to stay away from it so it's not much of a threat to anyone. Just because it can't be removed at that instant second for your instant gratification doesn't mean it won't be properly removed.

I just don't think it's necessary to kill the snake. It can be moved to a safe place.

And when the snake kills my cats, or the neighbors dogs? On the off chance that the pet doesn’t die, who is going to pay the thousands of dollars for the vet bill? I presume you won’t be.

It is faster, easier, and safer to kill the threat than to pretend it is going to be fine. The State of Georgia agrees, and so do my neighbors who have to live with the threat.

Wow you don't know the concept of putting your pets in the house until the snake is removed?

That's what we did with my grand parents dog. Nipper went right into the house until the snake was removed.

The cats never went outside so we didn't worry about them.

It's not a big deal to just have the snake removed. We did it often when I was a kid.

Part of the violence mentality I cited way earlier is this wacko idea that one deals with every little thing that may come up by shooting at it, blowing it up, destroying it. Very primitive.
I am assuming you have never taken a concealed carry course?

Most of it is about defusing situations and finding a non-violent resolution.

You're very misinformed.

I need to equip my car with one of those "pop-up" mini-guns like the Secret Service uses in Trump's motorcade. I can use it when my road rage kicks in, which is frequent.

I need to equip my car with one of those "pop-up" mini-guns like the Secret Service uses in Trump's motorcade. I can use it when my road rage kicks in, which is frequent.

Hell go for a rocket launcher. Aim, point and pull the trigger. Works every time. LOL

Hell go for a rocket launcher. Aim, point and pull the trigger. Works every time. LOL

A480EB16-BF43-4414-97CF-21AA7D731988.jpeg

My sister lives in a "safe" neighborhood, with lots of well-off, law-abiding residents. That's presumably why the people who started a rash of burglaries in the area chose it. Not much worth stealing from poor people.

I think you're a bigoted dimwit, just FYI. Men are just as likely to be targets of violent crime as women. And "pretty" has nothing whatsoever to do with the likelihood of being a crime victim.

Because their lives aren't important enough to warrant actually harming some poor, unsuspecting criminal.

"I live in a pretty peaceful city" = "I've never been the victim of a crime, so I assume I won't ever be".

Why is it paranoid to carry a gun, but not to carry other forms of self-defense? What is the Chaos-approved amount of protection my life is worth (not that it's your job to decide that)?

I should mention that a couple of months ago, a woman was physically attacked in the bathroom of a convenience store I stop at all the time. If you want to call not blithely assuming I'm safe "paranoid", then that just goes to show how misogynist you really are.

Whoa. I just got on and saw tons of alerts from you.

Sorry, but I'm not going to take the time to respond to each of your posts. If you have a single well-articulated point that you'd like to make, go ahead.

I am assuming you have never taken a concealed carry course?

Most of it is about defusing situations and finding a non-violent resolution.

You're very misinformed.

Also they are mostly about the LAW in your state, and when it is legal to use deadly force. It is an absolute last resort when you or your family's lives are in very imminent danger. And as you say, they teach AVOIDANCE and evasion. So the first thing you learn is to get out of the situation quickly. In military terms it is classic escape, and evade. Anytime you have to use a firearm you are a loser. Even if it is a perfectly good and legal shoot, you will end up potentially with huge legal fees and conversations you don't want to have with the police and lawyers. Nobody wins.

It is only for when your death is the only other alternative.

My sister lives in a "safe" neighborhood, with lots of well-off, law-abiding residents. That's presumably why the people who started a rash of burglaries in the area chose it. Not much worth stealing from poor people.

I think you're a bigoted dimwit, just FYI. Men are just as likely to be targets of violent crime as women. And "pretty" has nothing whatsoever to do with the likelihood of being a crime victim.

Because their lives aren't important enough to warrant actually harming some poor, unsuspecting criminal.

"I live in a pretty peaceful city" = "I've never been the victim of a crime, so I assume I won't ever be".

Why is it paranoid to carry a gun, but not to carry other forms of self-defense? What is the Chaos-approved amount of protection my life is worth (not that it's your job to decide that)?

I should mention that a couple of months ago, a woman was physically attacked in the bathroom of a convenience store I stop at all the time. If you want to call not blithely assuming I'm safe "paranoid", then that just goes to show how misogynist you really are.

Sorry, but I'm not going to take the time to respond to each of your posts. If you have a single well-articulated point that you'd like to make, go ahead.

Same point every time, which you have just brilliantly illustrated for me: you're an uninformed, misogynist twerp who thinks if you haven't personally experienced something, it doesn't exist.

Glad I could summarize for the lazy and the thinking-impaired.

In future, I would cordially suggest that you don't flood the thread with a "whole bunch of" dumbass posts if you're going to get your panties in an outraged ruffle because people DARED to respond to them.

Don't talk if you're too much of a pussy to handle the fact that people get to answer.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Ridiculous sophistry.

If there is ANYONE who should not carry, it's an irrational person like you.

Same point every time, which you have just brilliantly illustrated for me: you're an uninformed, misogynist twerp who thinks if you haven't personally experienced something, it doesn't exist.

Glad I could summarize for the lazy and the thinking-impaired.

In future, I would cordially suggest that you don't flood the thread with a "whole bunch of" dumbass posts if you're going to get your panties in an outraged ruffle because people DARED to respond to them.

Don't talk if you're too much of a pussy to handle the fact that people get to answer.

Are you always this angry?

Forum List

Back