Why do you need to carry a gun?

Who do you think is responsible for most of our crimes, whites?

You need to look at statistics for that answer. In the US, you are eight times more likely to be killed by a black than a white. And blacks only make up about 13% of our population.

As for your country, you never said what country that actually is. Probably afraid somebody will look it up to show it's not the utopia you claim it is. After all, you live here now; at least that's what you said a couple months ago.
African Americans were a subject of segregation and racism and that's why we see what we see.
No I'm happy to tell you that I'm from Morocco and a proud American.
We never had a school shooting, mass shooting (except for couple of terrorist attacks l, that most countries had)

Now Google is your friend....I live in both countries. We have different races, we have sub saharan migrants....so we have same ingredients as the US almost, except of the availability of guns.

It certainly shows too. I don't know anything about Morocco, but just doing a quick search, here is what I found:

Gender violence
Violence against Moroccan women remains widespread and a largely taboo subject in the country, according to research data.

In 2009, a national survey reported that 62.8 percent of women had experienced physical, psychological, sexual or economic abuse.

Of the sample interviewed, 55 percent reported "conjugal" violence and 13.5 percent reported "familial" violence.

It also became a hot issue last August after a video was posted on the internet showing a young woman on a bus being sexually molested by a group of boys while the driver and passengers ignored her appeals for help.

This sent shockwaves throughout the country and intensified calls for more to be done in the kingdom.

According to AFP news agency, about 1,600 cases of rape were heard by Moroccan courts last year, twice as many as previous years.

Morocco criminalises violence against women and sexual harassment

So it seems, you have a country of defenseless women who are constantly being abused. Furthermore as the article points out, this "new law" to protect women doesn't include spousal rape or abuse. It's apparently perfectly legal.

Here, a woman (wife or otherwise) not only has legal protection against a male, she also has firearm protection. And in our country, the law states that a person (in this case a woman) has the legal right to use deadly force against an attacker she believes will cause her serious bodily injury or death. Perfectly legal.

Maybe when you go back to Morocco, take a few guns back with you for your sisters and female cousins. I'm sure it will help them sleep better at night, just as our American females can thanks to the Second Amendment.
Hahahahaha I knew you gonna try and Google your way to it. I lived there half of my life and i visit frequently and here is what someone who loves both America and Morocco can tell you:

I RATHER be a woman in Morocco than in the US.
A little Moroccan girl can play in the streets without being kidnapped, raped and later killed (super rare)
Moroccan girls as little as 7 walk to school on their own without the fear of being kidnapped, unlike here.
Moroccan women dont get kidnapped raped, killed and buried as often and frequent as the US.
We have more women in our parliament than US women in congress.
You come to any Moroccan neighborhood you disrespect a female your ass get kicked....unlike here everyone wants to get under her panties.
We give our seats to women in buses and other places, we carry heavy loads for them AMD so forth....we respect our moms unlike here they get called bitches and all sorta names....if you disrespect woman in the street that's a pass to get your ass kicked.
I can go on and on.

You can go on and on all you like, but this link states differently.

You give your bus seats to women, for what, so they can be raped by teens and nobody does anything?

Yes, you have less crimes in Morocco because you have a population less than California. The US has nearly ten times that population. As for representation, Morocco has 21% of women in their parliament and the US Congress has 23%, so you fail on that claim as well.

Moroccan women don't get kidnapped, raped and beaten by strangers, yet it apparently happens all the time by their husbands and that's okay. Nobody is "kicking their ass."
We talking ratio of crimes the size of population has nothing to do it.
Moroccans value human life more, hence they have less murders than the US by far.
And yes Moroccan parliament always had more representation of women in recent years than its counter part especially the GOP part of it.

Oh and speaking of marital rape in the US:

• re committed by husbands, common-law partners, or boyfriends.
  • Twenty-nine percent of all sexual assaults of adult women were committed by husbands, common-law partners, or boyfriends.
  • Nine percent of all reported rapes were committed by a husband or an ex-husband.
  • Up to 30 percent of women asking for spousal support or maintenance in a divorce have reported at least one forced sexual assault by a partner.
  • When there is domestic violence in a relationship, the risk of marital rape increases by 70 percent.
  • Women with religious backgrounds were more likely to accept marital rape because of a fear of a spouse committing adultery or being cast as a sinner from a resulting divorce.

I see you provided no source. Good call on your part.

But even if your stats have any reliability, we sure as hell have better ones than your country. 63%?????

You see in the US, the public stands against true assaults and rapes of women. According to the article I posted, people in Morocco simply ignore it as if it doesn't happen.

And you say their prisons are just as humane as ours are in the US? Maybe you never met anybody who was in prison there:

These people talk about conditions of starving, no running water from mid morning to late afternoon, people sleeping on concrete floors, no medical care, just a real (as Trump would put it) shithole.

Why do people carry guns?
In case they have to kill somebody

I’m 62 years old and never been close to a situation where I needed to kill someone. That would be a lot of gun carrying for no reason

Isn't free choice a wonderful thing?
How many times have you had to kill someone?

How pathetic is someone who has to carry a gun to get his mail?

Isn't free choice a wonderful thing? What is it they say, if you don't want a gun, don't get one?

I'm really glad when that fire extinguisher is never needed, aren't you?

I’m 62 years old and never been close to a situation where I needed to kill someone. That would be a lot of gun carrying for no reason

Isn't free choice a wonderful thing? What is it they say, if you don't want a gun, don't get one?

You are free to carry a gun to check your mail
I am free to mock you for it

You are free to carry a gun to check your mail
I am free to mock you for it

And I am free to grieve when someone is assaulted because they had no means to protect themselves.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Ridiculous sophistry.

No one ‘needs’ to carry a gun.

Carrying a concealed firearm is a subjective, personal preference.

Just as I carry a concealed firearm not out of ‘need’ but due to preference.

Depends on where you are. If you stay away from certain places, then you probably don't need to carry.

People of different races can live together in peace, but people of different cultures can't.

Most black people are not like white people with different color skin. They are completely different people in almost every way. They dress differently, talk differently, have different values, have different opinions on politics and authority, different names.

When government decided to force these two groups of people together, it became nothing but a problem. You can't force the lion to live with the hyena. They would have to decide for themselves to live with each other for there to be any peace.

I think black people are slightly more predisposed to random acts of aggression than whites for the same reason they tend to be better at sports that require a lot of endurance and strength. These biological differences are exacerbated by black culture, gangs and the media filling their heads full of resentment.

I don't think it's a biological difference. I think it's a cultural difference too many black Americans have been brainwashed into.

Once upon a time, poor white people in the South - and before that, in the areas of the UK from which they originated - also behaved that way, and were thought to be "biologically inferior".

"What the [white] rednecks or crackers brought with them across the ocean was a whole constellation of attitudes, values, and behavior patterns that might have made sense in the world in which they had lived for centuries, but which would prove to be counterproductive in the world to which they were going — and counterproductive to the blacks who would live in their midst for centuries before emerging into freedom and migrating to the great urban centers of the United States, taking with them similar values.

The cultural values and social patterns prevalent among Southern whites included an aversion to work, proneness to violence, neglect of education, sexual promiscuity, improvidence, drunkenness, lack of entrepreneurship, reckless searches for excitement, a lively music and dance, and a style of religious oratory marked by strident rhetoric, unbridled emotions, and flamboyant imagery. This oratorical style carried over into the political oratory of the region in both the Jim Crow era and the civil rights era, and has continued on into our own times among black politicians, preachers, and activists. Touchy pride, vanity, and boastful self-dramatization were also part of this redneck culture among people from regions of Britain where the civilization was the least developed." - Thomas Sowell, Black Rednecks and White Liberals

Those white groups learned better, because society at that time demanded that they do so. But because leftists continually make excuses for blacks behaving that way and enable them to continue, far too many in that community never move past it.

I don't know if it's biological or societal, but blacks have a hard time controlling their anger. They react without a care in the world until they are caught.

Man in general has been more violent in generations past than today. The difference is that as time progressed, whites became more civilized whereas with blacks, they became more uncivilized. So I don't know if Jim Crow had anything to do with that.

You should read Sowell's book. He lays out very clear evidence that it was leftist brainwashing.
It was capitalists abandoning the inner cities
Blacks flocked to the cities for manufacturing jobs
Those jobs left
The low skilled workers were left without a means to support themselves or their families
Democrats provided food and housing support

Democrats get blamed for a plantation

Wealthy blacks, who were originally forced to live in segregated city areas by democrat jim crow laws, left those places as soon as the democrats were forced to end Jim Crow.......they too left...

The democrats provided modern gulags in those inner cities.....

Plenty of people still smokes cigarettes. I'm having one right now. How long have recreational narcotics been illegal? All of my life. Yet we have a worse problem now than we did 30 years ago. We have record high overdose deaths and predicted to increase every year.

Drinking and driving is illegal, yet we have constant stories about drunks getting on the highway in the wrong direction and killing themselves and others in head on collisions all the time.

You are never going to stop the law breakers no matter what laws you have. That's why they are criminals; they don't listen to the law. All it will really do is increase the cost of illegal firearms making them more worth killing for.
Cigarette smoking is 25 percent of what it once was. Fewer people smoke and smokers smoke less. It can be done with guns

Women telling men they don’t want a gun in the house
Fewer places to shoot
Fathers no longer teaching sons to shoot
Fewer people hunting

Wow, smoking is down 25%. Guess that means people don't want cancer. Even with that, cancer from smoking kills 130,659
people a year. So, come back when gun deaths reach 130,000 annually.,

33,000 is enough

Nope. YOU want to compare it to smoking, so come back when the consequences are the same.

Nobody outlawed smoking
It became socially unacceptable

Same needs to be done with guns. The American gun culture is dwindling

No.....Women and minorities are the biggest growth sectors for gun ownership.....and since Americans use their guns to save lives 1.1 million times a year...stopping rapes, robberies and murders, it is not even close to being the same thing as smoking.

I think black people are slightly more predisposed to random acts of aggression than whites for the same reason they tend to be better at sports that require a lot of endurance and strength. These biological differences are exacerbated by black culture, gangs and the media filling their heads full of resentment.

I don't think it's a biological difference. I think it's a cultural difference too many black Americans have been brainwashed into.

Once upon a time, poor white people in the South - and before that, in the areas of the UK from which they originated - also behaved that way, and were thought to be "biologically inferior".

"What the [white] rednecks or crackers brought with them across the ocean was a whole constellation of attitudes, values, and behavior patterns that might have made sense in the world in which they had lived for centuries, but which would prove to be counterproductive in the world to which they were going — and counterproductive to the blacks who would live in their midst for centuries before emerging into freedom and migrating to the great urban centers of the United States, taking with them similar values.

The cultural values and social patterns prevalent among Southern whites included an aversion to work, proneness to violence, neglect of education, sexual promiscuity, improvidence, drunkenness, lack of entrepreneurship, reckless searches for excitement, a lively music and dance, and a style of religious oratory marked by strident rhetoric, unbridled emotions, and flamboyant imagery. This oratorical style carried over into the political oratory of the region in both the Jim Crow era and the civil rights era, and has continued on into our own times among black politicians, preachers, and activists. Touchy pride, vanity, and boastful self-dramatization were also part of this redneck culture among people from regions of Britain where the civilization was the least developed." - Thomas Sowell, Black Rednecks and White Liberals

Those white groups learned better, because society at that time demanded that they do so. But because leftists continually make excuses for blacks behaving that way and enable them to continue, far too many in that community never move past it.

I don't know if it's biological or societal, but blacks have a hard time controlling their anger. They react without a care in the world until they are caught.

Man in general has been more violent in generations past than today. The difference is that as time progressed, whites became more civilized whereas with blacks, they became more uncivilized. So I don't know if Jim Crow had anything to do with that.

You should read Sowell's book. He lays out very clear evidence that it was leftist brainwashing.
Those jobs left
The low skilled workers were left without a means to support themselves or their families

Wealthy blacks, who were originally forced to live in segregated city areas by democrat jim crow laws, left those places as soon as the democrats were forced to end Jim Crow.......they too left...

The democrats provided modern gulags in those inner cities.....
Actually, they supported those who were left behind when the factories closed.

Plenty of people still smokes cigarettes. I'm having one right now. How long have recreational narcotics been illegal? All of my life. Yet we have a worse problem now than we did 30 years ago. We have record high overdose deaths and predicted to increase every year.

Drinking and driving is illegal, yet we have constant stories about drunks getting on the highway in the wrong direction and killing themselves and others in head on collisions all the time.

You are never going to stop the law breakers no matter what laws you have. That's why they are criminals; they don't listen to the law. All it will really do is increase the cost of illegal firearms making them more worth killing for.
Cigarette smoking is 25 percent of what it once was. Fewer people smoke and smokers smoke less. It can be done with guns

Women telling men they don’t want a gun in the house
Fewer places to shoot
Fathers no longer teaching sons to shoot
Fewer people hunting

Wow, smoking is down 25%. Guess that means people don't want cancer. Even with that, cancer from smoking kills 130,659
people a year. So, come back when gun deaths reach 130,000 annually.,

33,000 is enough

Nope. YOU want to compare it to smoking, so come back when the consequences are the same.

Nobody outlawed smoking
It became socially unacceptable

Same needs to be done with guns. The American gun culture is dwindling

It won't be. Fact is that as people get exposure to firearms, they become popular. Welcome to A Girl and A Gun Women's Shooting League

Uhhhhh, because they are illegal to own unless you are a police officer?????

So now that we established that your statement is bullshit, what's the real reason you don't wear one when you go to the mailbox?

So let's go with that. Somebody takes a gun and shoots at you, but you have a bulletproof vest on. Realizing that and you have some protection, and no defense, he then shoots you in the head. What good did the vest do you?

Now if I have a gun on me and shoot back, it will scare the assailant and I live to see another day.

Any other questions?

I'm not comparing the usefulness of gun vs bullet-proof vest.

When you go out to get your mail, which is more safe?

1) A gun and a bullet-proof vest.
2) A gun without a bullet-proof vest.

And your "it's illegal" bullshit isn't going to work.

To be honest, I was wrong. I always thought it was illegal; maybe just in my state.

Sure, a vest and a gun would be dandy. But if only the choice of the two, I'm taking my gun. After all, putting on a vest takes a little time. I know. One of my students when I taught music at a music store used to take off all that crap before he could start his lesson. It took up half of his time.

A gun you just grab and stick it in your holster which takes a few seconds.

It's not illegal in your state. I looked it up.

It's not a choice between one or the other.

Here's a video of a guy putting on a bullet-proof vest. It takes him about 2 seconds to put the vest on.

So Ray From Cleveland , is two seconds too long to put on your bullet-proof vest???

If you're done giving me bullshit excuses ("It's illegal", "It takes too long to put on"), maybe you can actually address the question.

What's the REAL reason you don't wear a bullet-proof vest when you go out to pick up the mail? It's better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Right?

So now that we established that your statement is bullshit, what's the real reason you don't wear one when you go to the mailbox?

So let's go with that. Somebody takes a gun and shoots at you, but you have a bulletproof vest on. Realizing that and you have some protection, and no defense, he then shoots you in the head. What good did the vest do you?

Now if I have a gun on me and shoot back, it will scare the assailant and I live to see another day.

Any other questions?

To be honest, I was wrong. I always thought it was illegal; maybe just in my state.

Sure, a vest and a gun would be dandy. But if only the choice of the two, I'm taking my gun. After all, putting on a vest takes a little time. I know. One of my students when I taught music at a music store used to take off all that crap before he could start his lesson. It took up half of his time.

Here's a video of a guy putting on a bullet-proof vest. It takes him about 2 seconds to put the vest on.

So Ray From Cleveland , is two seconds too long to put on your bullet-proof vest???

If you're done giving me bullshit excuses ("It's illegal", "It takes too long to put on"), maybe you can actually address the question.

What's the REAL reason you don't wear a bullet-proof vest when you go out to pick up the mail? It's better to have one and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Right?

Perhaps some people do use one. I don't know. My mailbox is next to my side door by my driveway. I don't even step out of the house; just reach over and get the mail out.

Any other questions?

Perhaps some people do use one. I don't know. My mailbox is next to my side door by my driveway. I don't even step out of the house; just reach over and get the mail out.

Why do you choose not to wear a bullet-proof vest when you go to the store?

You carry your gun. You don't wear a bullet-proof vest. Why? It's better to have one and not need one, than to need one and not have one.

Just be honest. No bullshit excuses. It's not illegal and it doesn't take too long to put on.

Those jobs left

Or they left for the same reason they did here.

When bussing was instituted, people with money moved out of the city and into the burbs or country. That left you with a city of people who couldn't afford to move; poorer people. That meant less and less tax revenue to the city, and they tried to recoup some of those losses on businesses. Then the businesses moved.

But Oh! Democrats put all those people on welfare! With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Capitalists moving the jobs out of the city put those people on welfare

You carry your gun. You don't wear a bullet-proof vest. Why? It's better to have one and not need one, than to need one and not have one.

Just be honest. No bullshit excuses. It's not illegal and it doesn't take too long to put on.

Hé is more concerned with killing other people

African Americans were a subject of segregation and racism and that's why we see what we see.
No I'm happy to tell you that I'm from Morocco and a proud American.
We never had a school shooting, mass shooting (except for couple of terrorist attacks l, that most countries had)

Now Google is your friend....I live in both countries. We have different races, we have sub saharan migrants....so we have same ingredients as the US almost, except of the availability of guns.

It certainly shows too. I don't know anything about Morocco, but just doing a quick search, here is what I found:

Gender violence
Violence against Moroccan women remains widespread and a largely taboo subject in the country, according to research data.

In 2009, a national survey reported that 62.8 percent of women had experienced physical, psychological, sexual or economic abuse.

Of the sample interviewed, 55 percent reported "conjugal" violence and 13.5 percent reported "familial" violence.

It also became a hot issue last August after a video was posted on the internet showing a young woman on a bus being sexually molested by a group of boys while the driver and passengers ignored her appeals for help.

This sent shockwaves throughout the country and intensified calls for more to be done in the kingdom.

According to AFP news agency, about 1,600 cases of rape were heard by Moroccan courts last year, twice as many as previous years.

So it seems, you have a country of defenseless women who are constantly being abused. Furthermore as the article points out, this "new law" to protect women doesn't include spousal rape or abuse. It's apparently perfectly legal.

Here, a woman (wife or otherwise) not only has legal protection against a male, she also has firearm protection. And in our country, the law states that a person (in this case a woman) has the legal right to use deadly force against an attacker she believes will cause her serious bodily injury or death. Perfectly legal.

Maybe when you go back to Morocco, take a few guns back with you for your sisters and female cousins. I'm sure it will help them sleep better at night, just as our American females can thanks to the Second Amendment.
Hahahahaha I knew you gonna try and Google your way to it. I lived there half of my life and i visit frequently and here is what someone who loves both America and Morocco can tell you:

A little Moroccan girl can play in the streets without being kidnapped, raped and later killed (super rare)
Moroccan girls as little as 7 walk to school on their own without the fear of being kidnapped, unlike here.
Moroccan women dont get kidnapped raped, killed and buried as often and frequent as the US.
You come to any Moroccan neighborhood you disrespect a female your ass get kicked....unlike here everyone wants to get under her panties.
We give our seats to women in buses and other places, we carry heavy loads for them AMD so forth....we respect our moms unlike here they get called bitches and all sorta names....if you disrespect woman in the street that's a pass to get your ass kicked.
I can go on and on.

You give your bus seats to women, for what, so they can be raped by teens and nobody does anything?

Yes, you have less crimes in Morocco because you have a population less than California. The US has nearly ten times that population. As for representation, Morocco has 21% of women in their parliament and the US Congress has 23%, so you fail on that claim as well.

Moroccan women don't get kidnapped, raped and beaten by strangers, yet it apparently happens all the time by their husbands and that's okay. Nobody is "kicking their ass."
Moroccans value human life more, hence they have less murders than the US by far.
And yes Moroccan parliament always had more representation of women in recent years than its counter part especially the GOP part of it.

• Twenty-nine percent of all sexual assaults of adult women were committed by husbands, common-law partners, or boyfriends.
  • Nine percent of all reported rapes were committed by a husband or an ex-husband.
  • Up to 30 percent of women asking for spousal support or maintenance in a divorce have reported at least one forced sexual assault by a partner.
  • When there is domestic violence in a relationship, the risk of marital rape increases by 70 percent.
  • Women with religious backgrounds were more likely to accept marital rape because of a fear of a spouse committing adultery or being cast as a sinner from a resulting divorce.

But even if your stats have any reliability, we sure as hell have better ones than your country. 63%?????

You see in the US, the public stands against true assaults and rapes of women. According to the article I posted, people in Morocco simply ignore it as if it doesn't happen.

And you say their prisons are just as humane as ours are in the US? Maybe you never met anybody who was in prison there:

These people talk about conditions of starving, no running water from mid morning to late afternoon, people sleeping on concrete floors, no medical care, just a real (as Trump would put it) shithole.

Jail is not suppose to be a vacation spot, for the violent criminals they should make it hard for them to not look forward to going back jail. Jail in the US is almost a reward and dont get me started on how the justice is system is fucked. The rich in most cases dont even go to jail, is made only for the poor.
And your stats are made up, I live in both countries the US is far more dangerous for women, girls, kids and men in general. 30000 deaths per year or so, that's worse than been in Syria or Iraq.
Trust me i love this country but guns availability fucked it up, plus entertainment, low morals, broken family system, selfishness, savage capitalism and so forth.
You as a foreigner if you go to Morocco and wonder in poor remote areas they will feed you and host is part of our culture....you'll find 1 member of the family can support 7 members of his family and so forth, we take care of our elderly people and we dont throw them in senior homes.....there is a huge cultural differences.

Those jobs left

When bussing was instituted, people with money moved out of the city and into the burbs or country. That left you with a city of people who couldn't afford to move; poorer people. That meant less and less tax revenue to the city, and they tried to recoup some of those losses on businesses. Then the businesses moved.

But Oh! Democrats put all those people on welfare! With friends like that, who needs enemies?

No, the crime and low quality of workers moved those industries out of the cities.

If you could see my suburb 30 years ago and look at it today, you wouldn't even recognize the place. This was once a vibrant community known for it's great shopping experience, superior eduction, and safety. Home values always on the increase and a place most anybody would want to live. Then the blacks moved in.

Because of theft and robberies, most of our stores are closed down. Walmart couldn't even make it here. We went from one murder perhaps in every 15 years to three a year. The streets and sidewalks are filled with litter. The police no longer want to be proactive thanks to the Ferguson Effect. Half our stores are empty, and the ones that remained open are either daycare centers, nail salons, Dollar stores, or cell phone/ pager places.

Our property value is half of what it was over 20 years ago. Our city is barely out of the red, but upcoming costs have them worried. They cut city services to the bare minimum.

People can talk about the churches, the stores, the playgrounds, the industry, but what makes a neighborhood are the neighbors.

Gender violence

I can go on and on.

Jail is not suppose to be a vacation spot, for the violent criminals they should make it hard for them to not look forward to going back jail. Jail in the US is almost a reward and dont get me started on how the justice is system is fucked. The rich in most cases dont even go to jail, is made only for the poor.
And your stats are made up, I live in both countries the US is far more dangerous for women, girls, kids and men in general. 30000 deaths per year or so, that's worse than been in Syria or Iraq.
Trust me i love this country but guns availability fucked it up, plus entertainment, low morals, broken family system, selfishness, savage capitalism and so forth.
You as a foreigner if you go to Morocco and wonder in poor remote areas they will feed you and host is part of our culture....you'll find 1 member of the family can support 7 members of his family and so forth, we take care of our elderly people and we dont throw them in senior homes.....there is a huge cultural differences.

We have 2.5 million people in prison. More than any other nation

By all accounts, it is not a pleasant place to be

I don't know how many times you leftists need a question answered to get it through your thick head. So once again: A bulletproof vest only offers some protection. They don't protect any of your limbs or head. If somebody is shooting at an unarmed person, they can continue shooting until dead. If you have a gun instead of a vest, you have a chance at chasing away an attacker and quite possibly kill him in the process.

We lose over 140 police officers a year in this country, and they don't just wear vests. They wear all kinds of safety/ bulletproof equipment as I explained earlier about that police officer that was a student of mine. Yet they get killed anyway. That's why you need a gun instead of a vest.

I can go on and on.

We have 2.5 million people in prison. More than any other nation

By all accounts, it is not a pleasant place to be

And we also have the highest recidivism rate as well. How bad of a place can it be if people keep going back?

You want to see a bad place? Get the movie Cool Hand Luke. That's what prison is supposed to be like. Thank you liberal judges.

Those jobs left

No, the crime and low quality of workers moved those industries out of the cities.

If you could see my suburb 30 years ago and look at it today, you wouldn't even recognize the place. This was once a vibrant community known for it's great shopping experience, superior eduction, and safety. Home values always on the increase and a place most anybody would want to live. Then the blacks moved in.

Because of theft and robberies, most of our stores are closed down. Walmart couldn't even make it here. We went from one murder perhaps in every 15 years to three a year. The streets and sidewalks are filled with litter. The police no longer want to be proactive thanks to the Ferguson Effect. Half our stores are empty, and the ones that remained open are either daycare centers, nail salons, Dollar stores, or cell phone/ pager places.

Our property value is half of what it was over 20 years ago. Our city is barely out of the red, but upcoming costs have them worried. They cut city services to the bare minimum.

People can talk about the churches, the stores, the playgrounds, the industry, but what makes a neighborhood are the neighbors.

Cleveland suffered like the rest of the rust belt

Those vibrant communities in places like Detroit, Cleveland, Gary, Newark all depended on an industrial base

Once that industrial base was removed, decay set in.

Forum List

Back