Why doesn't God make himself obvious to us all?

God is the king of hide and seek. But with a twist, the dumber you are, the easier is it to find him.

God's faith is a simple faith that can be embraced by all.

However, arrogant "smart" people turn their noses up at it in disgust because they are so much better than the poor stupid people.

Jesus performed miracle after miracle, and they murdered him anyway.

Or executed him for witchcraft.

shes_a_witch.jpg

God is the king of hide and seek. But with a twist, the dumber you are, the easier is it to find him.

God's faith is a simple faith that can be embraced by all.

However, arrogant "smart" people turn their noses up at it in disgust because they are so much better than the poor stupid people.
N*
When one person is raised from the grave, another is left behind.

77153.jpg

Is it election time already?
Have you ever watched Z Nation on the Sci Fi channel? It's filmed in my town, Spokane. I got to play a zombie a few times. Fun.
Were you zombie Jesus?

When I say "obvious" I mean he is in plain site every day. Is it because he wants us to live our lives without knowing for sure that he exists? It would seem so, but why?

God brought Moses to Egypt to deliver the Hebrew nation. It was there that he cast a rod on the ground that turned into a snake, turned the Nile into blood, cast plague after plague on the Egyptian nation until they relented to set them free. Then God spit the Red Sea in two so they could cross and escape the wrath of the Egyptian army following them only to watch them all drown as God closed the sea on them in pursuit.

No people could be more sure of a God that exists than the Hebrew nation, so the next thing they do is lose faith by building a golden calf to worship in his stead.

Shrug.

Also look at the story of Adam and Eve who walked and talked to God in the garden, yet they lost faith and ate the forbidden apple anyway.

So as we can see, it has done God precious little in proving that he exists. No, he wants us to place our faith in him instead.
Not true at all.

One must know God to love God with all their heart/ mind.

If you don't know God what do you have faith in if not just your imagination?

When I say "obvious" I mean he is in plain site every day. Is it because he wants us to live our lives without knowing for sure that he exists? It would seem so, but why?
the Almighty is the gatekeeper to the Everlasting, you have to first reach the gate for there to be an issue. and hopefully one was not a member of the desert religions - to get through the gate ...

One must know God to love God with all their heart/ mind.

If you don't know God what do you have faith in if not just your imagination?

your a lost cause hob, lost in a forsaken forgery of the 4th century much less the inaccuracies of the 1st.

I’ll also say I learned a lesson about fucking a ‘religious’ girl. It took more than a year before one crazy bitch stopped stalking me.

Because there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.
Actually it is your perception of their perception that is in error.

For any given thing, there is a final state of fact. Once discovered it is known that it was always that way and will always be that way. This is called objective truth or reality. So objective truth is eternal and unchanging which is the definition of God. Ergo, God is objective truth. Ergo, God is reality. Ergo, God is existence.

Was this your perception of the theist's perception of the definition of God?

Free will. We have to choose to be virtuous.
This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

The notion of ‘free will’ is inconsistent with an omnipotent deity worthy of worship and in possession of divine authority.

Indeed, an omnipotent deity wouldn’t render virtue a ‘choice’ made by imperfect, capricious humans.
Maybe it is your understanding what worship means that is in error. Because I doubt my understanding of what worship means is your understanding of what worship means.

Why wouldn't an omnipotent deity render virtue a choice? We are never to think of God's power in terms of sheer omnipotence. If what God did through sheer omnipotence opposed his purpose than rather than being a strength, it would be a weakness. A better way of looking at power is purpose. Was the purpose achieved?

God is not looking for a certain outcome. God is looking for a certain outcome under certain conditions. It isn't virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back