Why doesn't God make himself obvious to us all?

There's no point in discussing that with me. God can be solved through logic.

Well, you say God can be solved through logic. The problem is, you seem to be shouting things down in order to reach that logic.

It's logical that the Sun revolves around the Earth as long as you shout down anyone who says otherwise. Right?
What have I shouted down exactly?

"So please don't waste our time with childish arguments like whose God or how many Gods. Fair enough?"

You forgot you wrote this?
How exactly are those arguments of logic?

Do you think you will find evidence for the existence of God in writings?

The logical argument for God starts with what he created and what we can observe from that.

Imagine you're in a box. You have no way of knowing what is on the outside of the box. You can't see, you can't hear, you can't touch the outside of the box.

Then you say "I know everything, I know what is on the outside of the box".

What are the chances you're lying? About 34234324432234234234%
Let's say I found something you made but I didn't know you made it. Could I study It? Could I learn things from it?

If you are looking for signs of God I suggest you start studying what he made.

If you are looking to confirm your bias I suggest you keep doing what you are doing.

Well, you say God can be solved through logic. The problem is, you seem to be shouting things down in order to reach that logic.

It's logical that the Sun revolves around the Earth as long as you shout down anyone who says otherwise. Right?

"So please don't waste our time with childish arguments like whose God or how many Gods. Fair enough?"

The logical argument for God starts with what he created and what we can observe from that.

Imagine you're in a box. You have no way of knowing what is on the outside of the box. You can't see, you can't hear, you can't touch the outside of the box.

Let's say I found something you made but I didn't know you made it. Could I study It? Could I learn things from it?

If you are looking to confirm your bias I suggest you keep doing what you are doing.
You're starting with a conclusion, that an invisible being that wants us to study a book for secrets meanings made everything. You can study what was made, but you can't conclude that it was made by such a being. There's no connection.

You're starting with a conclusion, that an invisible being that wants us to study a book for secrets meanings made everything. You can study what was made, but you can't conclude that it was made by such a being. There's no connection.
I can study the box. I can study what is in the box. And I can study how the box and what is in the box evolved. And through this process I can learn a great deal.

The problem is, you're looking at things from the perspective that you BELIEVE God exists.

You're working from inside the box. You keep making this argument about looking for signs of God, and yet you're only looking inside the box and ignoring what could potentially be outside the box.

What is outside the box?

I can study the box. I can study what is in the box. And I can study how the box and what is in the box evolved. And through this process I can learn a great deal.
But you can't tell who or what made the box, that would be pure speculation.

Yes, you can. But you can't learn what is outside the box.

Or I could be like you guys and be ignorant and ignore the physical evidence that we can study.

You won't be able to conclude that until you have made an earnest attempt at studying it.

I have and disagree with your uniformed opinion.

Or I could be like you guys and be ignorant and ignore the physical evidence that we can study.

What evidence am I ignoring?

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm putting things into perspective.

Imagine you have a Superbowl winning team. Am I ignoring the dude who gets the water when considering the success of the team? Or am I putting the water boy into his place in how I see the importance of his position in the team, and his role in winning the Superbowl?

Where's your connection to an invisible being that wants us to study a book for secret meanings? You have none.

But you can't tell who or what made the box, that would be pure speculation.
You won't know that until you have tried.

You won't be able to conclude that until you have made an earnest attempt at studying it.

How can I study what's outside the box?

Indirectly through the study of what's in the box. The same way you can learn about a painter by studying the painting.

Indirectly through the study of what's in the box. The same way you can learn about a painter by studying the painting.
Only because paintings are real and so are painters and we can compare their works... You're assuming that your invisible friend is real. Nobody has proven that. Yet.

Let's try another analogy.

I like to play the card game Spades. I hate playing Hearts.

Each of them have different rules.

Now, imagine the inside of the box has one set of rules, and the outside of the box has a completely different set of rules.

How are you going to know what's outside the box by studying what's inside the box?

I am starting with the only evidence we have and evaluating it.

Where's your connection to an invisible being that wants us to study a book for secret meanings? You have none.
You are skipping steps.
Like what? Is it time to move the goalposts already? :biggrin:
Like you are trying to figure out who God is before you figure out who God is but in your case you are trying to use who God is to prove he doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back