Why doesn't the word 'Democrat' trigger African-Americans ?

Since we all know the Dimocrat party was the home for pro-slavery Americans, why doesn't the word itself trigger AA's ?

The word "lynch" or "lynching" triggers AA's, in Portland Oregon for instance, three schools had to be renamed that were named after the "Lynch" family who donated the land to the city to build schools decades ago.

We've all seen in the last day how upsetting Trump's use of the word has been, so my question is, why haven't AA's demanded the Dimocrat party rename itself ?
Because your entire narrative is false and misleading..and no-one buys into it..except your fellow travelers.

It would not have happened without Dirksen and the Republican vote. The Democrats were awash in KKK supporters.

Had the Republicans voted unanimously against the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act - as they would today - these wouldn't have reached Johnson's desk.

There is evidence for this in the form of Goobers' near-unanimous opposition to repairing the damage the Roberts Court inflicted upon the Voting Rights Act. The next Trumpleton I see standing up in favor of that act would be the first. That demarks how deep the racist shithole is the GOP has dug itself in, with your gloating support, and they still aren't done digging.

You are a moron, Billy, but you aren't that stupid not to know where the alt-white, KKK, neo-Nazi goons find their preferred representation these days. So, any of you even mentioning the KKK results in gushing head wounds. You better put something on that...

:auiqs.jpg:

You've become marginally entertaining. Congratulations.

Since we all know the Dimocrat party was the home for pro-slavery Americans, why doesn't the word itself trigger AA's ?

The word "lynch" or "lynching" triggers AA's, in Portland Oregon for instance, three schools had to be renamed that were named after the "Lynch" family who donated the land to the city to build schools decades ago.

We've all seen in the last day how upsetting Trump's use of the word has been, so my question is, why haven't AA's demanded the Dimocrat party rename itself ?

Because most blacks realize Democrats not only fought for their civil rights, but elected the first black man to be president.

The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. What Democrats were fighting for this in the years leading up to this legislation? (D) Al Gore must be very proud of his father’s contribution. As for Democrats electing the first Black President, he was the son of a white woman and he grew up white and privileged.

More Democrats voted to pass the CRA than Republicans, and twice as many Democrats voted 'yea' as voted 'nay'.
diagram

46 Democrats voted for, and 21 voted against. 21 Repubs voted for, and 6 voted against.

HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

Yes. Democrats jumped in line at the end to pass CRA . My question was regarding the years leading up to it, what activities, stances did Democrats take towards fighting for civil rights?
They voted against the 13th amendment and previous CRAs. Passed Jim Crow laws. Put poor blacks in housing projects that barred adult males (the fathers) in order to destroy the black family.

Last edited:

Because most blacks realize Democrats not only fought for their civil rights, but elected the first black man to be president.

The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. What Democrats were fighting for this in the years leading up to this legislation? (D) Al Gore must be very proud of his father’s contribution. As for Democrats electing the first Black President, he was the son of a white woman and he grew up white and privileged.

More Democrats voted to pass the CRA than Republicans, and twice as many Democrats voted 'yea' as voted 'nay'.
diagram

46 Democrats voted for, and 21 voted against. 21 Repubs voted for, and 6 voted against.

Yes. Democrats jumped in line at the end to pass CRA . My question was regarding the years leading up to it, what activities, stances did Democrats take towards fighting for civil rights?
They voted against the 13th amendment and previous CRAs. Passed Jim Crow laws.

They reluctantly acquiesced in favor of the CRA due to the political realities of the time.

diagram

Do you mean after Democratic President JF Kennedy introduced the Bill in June, 1963?

If you're determined, 55 years later, to ignore that the real splits were North/South and liberal/conservative, rather than Dem/Rep, explain why the GOP nominated one of the few Republicans to vote against the CRA of 1964 as its presidential nominee.

Dude, I don't think you're even reading my posts. It's like you have a canned response for everything.
Yes, because you keep lying about my points. You keep making shit up to make a "point".

I'm happy to have a conversation, but not if you can't be honest. It's a waste of time.

Just stop lying. It's not that difficult, I swear, dude.
No.
You can't seem to tell the difference between a lie and an opinion.

You're telling us that blacks don't need to know history. They should only consider their local situations. Now you're saying that's a lie.
You just did it again: "You're telling us that blacks don't need to know history."

I don't even think you realize what you're doing. That is a lie.

Good gawd. Try this on someone else, this is not pleasant to watch.
What fucking history you miserable fucking fool?

Ask any negro out there if the media or schools even go over the Trans Sahara slave trade.

What's the matter Mac? Don't want them to learn that history you fucking racist?

How about the fact that directly led into the Trans Atlantic slave trade you fucking loser?

Not relevant to slavery in the new world loser?

Do you know anything about the Trans Sahara slave trade?

You think Europeans showed up to Africa with nets loser? I bet you do loser.

How about black slave owners here or blacks that fought for the confederacy?

You already ignore the fact that Native Americans were also slave owners who fought for the confederacy.

What's the matter Mac? Want to talk about history that does not enslave the modern negro mind? You fucking racist.

Want to talk about the Barbary Coast slave trade?

Thought not loser.

You fucking racist piece of shit.
You admitted that you're a racist. I didn't ask you to, I simply quoted you.

In response, you've gone straight up drama queen. Again. Trying to put me on the defensive. Silly boy.

Tell ya what, slugger: You keep the impotent rage flowing, and I'll keep quoting you.

Good stuff!
No, I admitted I cannot fucking stand blacks who cling to their fucking victim bullshit. I do not make fucking excuses and I hate people who do.

I am not white. Both my parents died when I was 5. My grandfather was executed by fidel castro. I grew up in the hood. Michael Irvin lived two blocks from me.

I had to work my way to where I am and the guardian that raised me and my brother (my uncle) made sure we did not allow other people to tell us we are victims. The world patronizes us minorities and it is poisonous. Anyone who sees themselves as victims are mental slaves. Period.

I doubt you could have survived two minutes in my shoes. I had a daughter and fiance who died 24 years ago at the hands of a drunk driving illegal who had been arrested 3 different times for dui.

Yet, I still could not use an excuse, despite my only brother dying in war after he went to Iraq. So please don't fucking tell me what I am supposed to and not supposed to be offended by.

So, if you want to call me a fucking racist for calling out overly privileged blacks who see themselves as fucking victims, then fine you fucking illiterate hypocrite.

Fuck you

Yes, because you keep lying about my points. You keep making shit up to make a "point".

I'm happy to have a conversation, but not if you can't be honest. It's a waste of time.

Just stop lying. It's not that difficult, I swear, dude.
No.

You're telling us that blacks don't need to know history. They should only consider their local situations. Now you're saying that's a lie.
You just did it again: "You're telling us that blacks don't need to know history."

Ask any negro out there if the media or schools even go over the Trans Sahara slave trade.

What's the matter Mac? Don't want them to learn that history you fucking racist?

How about the fact that directly led into the Trans Atlantic slave trade you fucking loser?

You already ignore the fact that Native Americans were also slave owners who fought for the confederacy.

What's the matter Mac? Want to talk about history that does not enslave the modern negro mind? You fucking racist.

Thought not loser.

In response, you've gone straight up drama queen. Again. Trying to put me on the defensive. Silly boy.

Tell ya what, slugger: You keep the impotent rage flowing, and I'll keep quoting you.

Good stuff!
No, I admitted I cannot fucking stand blacks who cling to their fucking victim bullshit. I do not make fucking excuses and I hate people who do.

I am not white. Both my parents died when I was 5. My grandfather was executed by fidel castro. I grew up in the hood. Michael Irvin lived two blocks from me.

I had to work my way to where I am and the guardian that raised me and my brother (my uncle) made sure we did not allow other people to tell us we are victims. The world patronizes us minorities and it is poisonous. Anyone who sees themselves as victims are mental slaves. Period.

I doubt you could have survived two minutes in my shoes. I had daughter and fiance who died 24 years ago at the hands of a drunk driving illegal who had been arrested 3 different times for dui.

Yet, I still could not use an excuse, despite my only brother dying in war after he went to Iraq. So please don't fucking tell me what I am supposed to and not supposed to be offended by.

So, if you want to call me a fucking racist for calling out overly privileged blacks who see themselves as fucking victims, then fine you fucking illiterate hypocrite.

Fuck you
Wow, thanks for the resume.

I don't care, sorry.

diagram

Do you mean after Democratic President JF Kennedy introduced the Bill in June, 1963?

If you're determined, 55 years later, to ignore that the real splits were North/South and liberal/conservative, rather than Dem/Rep, explain why the GOP nominated one of the few Republicans to vote against the CRA of 1964 as its presidential nominee.
He, along with some other Republicans, saw it as federal government overreach and an assault on the 10th amendment. An encroachment on states rights that they feared would set a dangerous precedent leading to further federal government intervention on a wide variety of internal affairs of the states in the future. And as we know now, their concerns were prescient.

Democrats voted against it for a different reason, obviously.

Last edited:
No.

Thought not loser.

Good stuff!

I doubt you could have survived two minutes in my shoes. I had daughter and fiance who died 24 years ago at the hands of a drunk driving illegal who had been arrested 3 different times for dui.

Fuck you
Wow, thanks for the resume.

I don't care, sorry.
And the only thing I care about is having an OPPORTUNITY to piss on your fucking grave you fucking piece of shit patronizing racist.

Civil Rights Act

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that had made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.[23]

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)​

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)​

That demonstrates that it wasn't, at that time, a D vs. R split, but a north-south split. It also demonstrates that the opposition to the CRA by Republicans in the South (100 and 100%, respectively) was even more lopsided than the Democrats'. Also, the support by Democrats in the North (94 and 98%, respectively) was more lopsided than the Republicans'.

The most disheartening feature is, these days the Republican stance nation-wide looks like the Southern Republicans' stance of half a century ago. Or the Southern Democrats' stance - it doesn't really matter.

Verily, I wake up each morning to my coffee and making grits and wonder "what is it about 'these people' that makes them intellectually incapable of understanding that only through we Repbublians' views of self-reliance and ending govt's interference in elections can these people truly throw off the shackles of democratic enslavement and achieve full personhood.

(-:

If you bother to pull your head out of Trumps fat ass, you would know that both Democrats & Republicans in the South were equally racist, while Democrats & Republicans outside the South were not.
:cuckoo:
Cool story bro. Tell it to the northern Democrats who overwhelmingly voted against the 13th amendment and the southern white Republican "scalawags" who were lynched alongside the negroes by mobs of Democrats.

You're a fucking idiot.

It is called history. a lot of the Democrats thought the 13th amendment was taking away State's rights.

Because black voters know it's not the late 1800s, early 1900s anymore. A knowledge that the Rightwing hasn't seemed to have picked up on yet.

Wrong...

Democrats fought AGAINST their civil rights...

But they gave them FREE SHIT!!!
As I said...rightwingers haven't seem to have picked up on yet.......are they slow?

Trumpsters and the Right continue to play right into the Regressive Left's hands by refusing to hold their own accountable, and therefore end up being identified with them. That's up to them, that's a choice.

Mac, I think a better, more honest way for you to say this is that you wish the wingnuts would stop being so racist so that you could actually make a valid point that the left is hypersensitive about racism.

How was the Union Democrats central to slavery?

Trumpsters and the Right continue to play right into the Regressive Left's hands by refusing to hold their own accountable, and therefore end up being identified with them. That's up to them, that's a choice.

Mac, I think a better, more honest way for you to say this is that you wish the wingnuts would stop being so racist so that you could actually make a valid point that the left is hypersensitive about racism.
I meant exactly what I said.

Both ends of this issue have a lot to answer for, and neither end will hold its own accountable.

Both ends are great at denial, and it's just making things worse.

Forum List

Back