Why doesn't the word 'Democrat' trigger African-Americans ?

Since we all know the Dimocrat party was the home for pro-slavery Americans, why doesn't the word itself trigger AA's ?

The word "lynch" or "lynching" triggers AA's, in Portland Oregon for instance, three schools had to be renamed that were named after the "Lynch" family who donated the land to the city to build schools decades ago.

We've all seen in the last day how upsetting Trump's use of the word has been, so my question is, why haven't AA's demanded the Dimocrat party rename itself ?
Because it's not 1860.

And as I've repeatedly mentioned, lynchings are not routinely part of today's America either, yet the term is a trigger NOW.

The Dimocrat party had slavery in their platform, yet AA's don't have a problem with the name today.

Lynching is still lynching. The Democratic party of today fights for civil rights such as not finding ways of blocking citizens from voting.

rebel-1a.jpg

I wear the Confederate flag because I am proud of my heritage!

rebel-2.png

Those old Confederates were slave owners and racists! Yeeeee-haaaaawwwww! That's my proud heritage!

Wrong...

Democrats fought AGAINST their civil rights...

But they gave them FREE SHIT!!!

Civil RIghts Acts of 1964 and 1968... signed by LBJ, a Democrat.

Southern Bigots left the Democrats after that and joined the GOP, who welcomed them with open arms.

The rest is history.
Just too easy

“I'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years.”

― Lyndon B. Johnson

View attachment 285842

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.

When the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which would end segregation nationwide, came to Congress for a vote, a number of Senators did, in fact, threaten to filibuster the bill as Harry Reid stated. What Harry Reid did not mention is that 80% of those Senators that threatened to filibuster the Civil Rights Act were Democrats. In fact, 31% of Democrats in Congress voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That means about 1/3 of the Democrat Party refused to end segregation nationwide.

How did the Republican Members of Congress vote concerning the Civil Rights Act of 1964? A total of 82% of the Republicans in Congress voted to end segregation nationwide. In other words, segregation ended when a larger percentage of Republicans voted in favor of civil rights.
The Real History of Civil Rights

The Chicago Defender, a renowned African-American newspaper, praised Senator Dirksen for leading passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

So far as Nixon? He made a mistake before becoming President, thinking it was not appropriate to make a call to a Judge regarding King’s arrest. Kennedy seized on it, called the Judge. The Dems then passed out over 2 million pamphlets to Black churches (never let a crisis go to waste), condemning Nixon for it, even though his history for civil rights was major, and he had even been made an honorary member of the NAACP because of it.
Time magazine even mentioned Nixon’s record back then. He was responsible for the 1957 and 1959 Civil Rights Act passage. The Dems also filibustered those two civil rights acts. Time magazine wrote that Nixon's support for civil rights incurred the wrath of one of his segregationist opponents, Sen. Richard Russell, D-Ga., who sarcastically called Nixon the NAACP's "most distinguished member."
But the Dems created imaginary scenarios, where Nixon was a racist, etc., and that Republicans suddenly switched parties.
Who is it that shows up to protest the tearing down of Confederate statues?

Democrats? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

I swear, you people work very hard at being stupid.

Klansmen and the racist Democrats of the past were right wing Christian extremist terrorists.

Idiots.

david-duke.jpg

We're Republicans now.

Since we all know the Dimocrat party was the home for pro-slavery Americans, why doesn't the word itself trigger AA's ?

The word "lynch" or "lynching" triggers AA's, in Portland Oregon for instance, three schools had to be renamed that were named after the "Lynch" family who donated the land to the city to build schools decades ago.

We've all seen in the last day how upsetting Trump's use of the word has been, so my question is, why haven't AA's demanded the Dimocrat party rename itself ?
Because it's not 1860.

And as I've repeatedly mentioned, lynchings are not routinely part of today's America either, yet the term is a trigger NOW.

The Dimocrat party had slavery in their platform, yet AA's don't have a problem with the name today.

Dude! It's 2019. You may have been dragged, against your will, into the 20th Century, but now it's time to join the 21st.

Because it's not 1860.

So...looks like the issue is that you believe the word "lynching" shouldn't trigger minorities any more. They should just get over it?

Yet another ignorant Trumpette.

Did you pay attention in school?????

You assfucks are too stupid to get that slavery & racism was basically concentrated in the South.

The South is a geographical area, not a fucking political party.

If you bother to pull your head out of Trumps fat ass, you would know that both Democrats & Republicans in the South were equally racist, while Democrats & Republicans outside the South were not.

That, assfuck, is why the Civil War was the North vs the South and not Democrats vs Republicans.

That, assfuck, is why Republicans & Democrats from the South voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while those outside voted for it.

How the fuck do you people get this God damn stupid.

LOL. So that is how you justify the fact that Democrats supported slavery? Denial, denial, denial.

You Moon Bats don't know anymore about History as you do Economics, Climate Science, Biology, the Constitution or Ethics.

The Democrat Party represents the scum of America for many reasons. Their history is one of them.

People in the South supported slavery. Both Republicans and Democrats

I guess gross stupidity runs rampant in Trump land.

I am right. You are wrong. You think you know history? Really?

Every single post you create regardless of the subject, includes personal attacks.
Your act here is getting old.

As for this subject, we all know the south was the home of slavery, but the Dimocrat party specifically had it in their platform.

By your logic all black people should be denouncing their U.S. citizenship. Half of you wingnuts on this board would probably prefer that. I don't know any Democrats today who would want such a thing.

(insert face palm emoji here)

Lynchings routinely occurred in the past against AA's. AA's TODAY are outraged when someone uses the term unless they are an AA.

The Dimocrat party at one time had slavery as part of it's party's platform, yet TODAY they are ok with the name still in use.

I GET THE FACT THAT THE PARTY IS DIFFERENT TODAY, I MEAN NO SHIT SHERLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm asking about the name itself, why are they not offended TODAY with it's continued use, and why are they not demanding the name be changed, to something that has no connection with an ugly past ?

You assfucks are too stupid to get that slavery & racism was basically concentrated in the South.

If you bother to pull your head out of Trumps fat ass, you would know that both Democrats & Republicans in the South were equally racist, while Democrats & Republicans outside the South were not.

That, assfuck, is why the Civil War was the North vs the South and not Democrats vs Republicans.

That, assfuck, is why Republicans & Democrats from the South voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while those outside voted for it.

LOL. So that is how you justify the fact that Democrats supported slavery? Denial, denial, denial.

You Moon Bats don't know anymore about History as you do Economics, Climate Science, Biology, the Constitution or Ethics.

The Democrat Party represents the scum of America for many reasons. Their history is one of them.

Every single post you create regardless of the subject, includes personal attacks.

As for this subject, we all know the south was the home of slavery, but the Dimocrat party specifically had it in their platform.

By your logic all black people should be denouncing their U.S. citizenship. Half of you wingnuts on this board would probably prefer that. I don't know any Democrats today who would want such a thing.

We would be happy if they all went to Africa, so they can be with their own kinds.

However, the stupid soulless Moon Bats want to keep them here so they have their Democrat voting welfare slaves.

Because it's not 1860.

Dude! It's 2019. You may have been dragged, against your will, into the 20th Century, but now it's time to join the 21st.

And another poster who missed by a mile.

rebel-1a.jpg

I wear the Confederate flag because I am proud of my heritage!

rebel-2.png

Those old Confederates were slave owners and racists! Yeeeee-haaaaawwwww! That's my proud heritage!
It always cracks me up for more than one reason:

1. That is not the Confederate flag....anyone who thinks it is doesn't even KNOW the heritage.
2. The Confederacy lasted all of four years. (half the length of the Third Reich)....some heritage.
3. A heritage of starting a war...losing it....all over keeping fellow people as property.....some heritage.

We would be happy if they all went to Africa, so they can be with their own kinds.

However, the stupid soulless Moon Bats want to keep them here so they have their Democrat voting welfare slaves.
And...ladies & gentlemen....the 21st century Rightwinger.

So, the Southern Democrats lost their party to the North.

Here are the votes by party/region. For the most part the south voted against it (regardless of party) and the north voted for it (regardless of party). In the House especially more Democrats by percentage (north or south) voted in favor of the 1964 civil rights act. Actually not a single southern Republican voted for the bill in either house.

The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

Now many southern Democrats are actually black which is a very good thing. Where as the Republicans only have 2 members from both houses who are black and one of them is retiring. Republicans simply are not black, Democrats do not just enjoy the votes of black citizens, they are black themselves.

Because it's not 1860.

And another poster who missed by a mile.

Keep thinking that until you get AA's to react to words the way you want them to react.

Klan-Red-Riders-Jesus-Saves-photo-small.jpg

We support a negro for President, gun control, civil rights for minorities, higher taxes, federal preemption, gay and transgender rights, and abortion!

And...ladies & gentlemen....the 21st century Rightwinger.

Well, that was easy. I'm sure DigitalDrifter will conveniently ignore this.

Look, you stupid ass, I'm asking since historically we all know slavery had it's political home in the Dimocrat party.

Lynching, happened long ago, but the word TODAY brings up strong emotions in AA's.

Dimocrat party was the party of slavery, long ago, but TODAY the word itself doesn't bring out the same emotions.
I'll try again.

A 15- or 25- or 35- or 45-year old black American has spent their entire lives in the current reality.

What they live and see and experience and absorb, every single day, is far more important & relevant to them than what they have read in history books.

And that's about it.

I'll try again.
A 15 or 25 or 35 or 40 year old has not been lynched, but the word apparently is upsetting to them. The Dimocrat party fought to keep these people in chains, yet the word Democrat, is not upsetting to them.

You need to stop trying. Mac provided examples of why blacks are democrats today in high definition. Accept it. I'm not going to argue with your white ass about this. Because of republicans like you guys, the word republican triggers blacks.

5 horrific modern-day lynchings of Blacks in America

Still goes right over your head.

I'm not talking about AA's leaving the party, I'm talking about the name itself !!!

JESUS WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD ?!

Wrong...

Democrats fought AGAINST their civil rights...

But they gave them FREE SHIT!!!

Civil RIghts Acts of 1964 and 1968... signed by LBJ, a Democrat.

Southern Bigots left the Democrats after that and joined the GOP, who welcomed them with open arms.

The rest is history.
Just too easy

“I'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years.”

― Lyndon B. Johnson

View attachment 285842

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.

When the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which would end segregation nationwide, came to Congress for a vote, a number of Senators did, in fact, threaten to filibuster the bill as Harry Reid stated. What Harry Reid did not mention is that 80% of those Senators that threatened to filibuster the Civil Rights Act were Democrats. In fact, 31% of Democrats in Congress voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That means about 1/3 of the Democrat Party refused to end segregation nationwide.

How did the Republican Members of Congress vote concerning the Civil Rights Act of 1964? A total of 82% of the Republicans in Congress voted to end segregation nationwide. In other words, segregation ended when a larger percentage of Republicans voted in favor of civil rights.
The Real History of Civil Rights

The Chicago Defender, a renowned African-American newspaper, praised Senator Dirksen for leading passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

So far as Nixon? He made a mistake before becoming President, thinking it was not appropriate to make a call to a Judge regarding King’s arrest. Kennedy seized on it, called the Judge. The Dems then passed out over 2 million pamphlets to Black churches (never let a crisis go to waste), condemning Nixon for it, even though his history for civil rights was major, and he had even been made an honorary member of the NAACP because of it.
Time magazine even mentioned Nixon’s record back then. He was responsible for the 1957 and 1959 Civil Rights Act passage. The Dems also filibustered those two civil rights acts. Time magazine wrote that Nixon's support for civil rights incurred the wrath of one of his segregationist opponents, Sen. Richard Russell, D-Ga., who sarcastically called Nixon the NAACP's "most distinguished member."
But the Dems created imaginary scenarios, where Nixon was a racist, etc., and that Republicans suddenly switched parties.
You know that so-called quote by LBJ doesn't really exist except in a writer's book....a book written decades later, right?
Yeah, just like his votes for any civil rights for 20 years was always nay, or yea to table a proposed bill.
"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again."

From snopes-
For example, he reportedly referred to the Civil Rights Act of 1957 as the “****** bill” in more than one private phone conversation with Senate colleagues. And he reportedly said upon appointing African-American judge Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, “Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a ******.”
“As long as you are black, and you’re gonna be black till the day you die, no one’s gonna call you by your goddamn name. So no matter what you are called, ******, you just let it roll off your back like water, and you’ll make it. Just pretend you’re a goddamn piece of furniture.”

Democrats arrive in force to protest the tearing down of a Confederate statue in Charlottesville:

636679566964265102-Screen-Shot-2018-07-23-at-3-30-49-PM.jpg

Bullcrap. I grew up in a Republican family in Tx starting in the 50’s.

Those are BrokeLoser's ancestors.

No, they are his partners.

Looks like a group of badasses...you know, the ones who founded, built, funded and ran this nation during the times when it was the greatest nation on earth...you know, before it became a disgusting, “diverse” super shithole....no?

BrokeLoser must be one of those LBJ Democrats we hear the tards talk about so much!

Forum List

Back