Why don't we have something like this in America?

And why would that be?

Because this country doesn't have a war or conflict that my family hasn't been involved in. I come from a long line of vets. Long. If and when they come home, it takes 20 years for them to come to grips with it and people do not give a damn. They talk a good game when it suits them. Patriotism and the like. The vets get hauled out a few times a year and people act like they are treasured and then they set about to jack them out of benefits such as medical/mental health care. Some of the medical problems the government denies are even occurring.

And for what? We will no longer fight corporate wars. If the bastards want to get involved then they can first send their own children.

Ahh that is not forbidden. You don't want him to.

No. It's forbidden. I didn't know that I could do that. When my kid was much younger, people would give me this song and dance about how I couldn't do that. The kicker? Their children didn't join the military. Then I watched Why We Fight. There is this piece in there by Karen Kwiatkowski and she says that her children are not allowed to. So, I said...........if somebody is going to do the indoctrinating it will be me. So, it began. He knows it. I have what is called the Mom card. All mothers possess this and when used sparingly it works rather well.

Last edited:
Prove it, because it is well documented that it works.

Are you serious???

It works about as well as every other lame-brained Liberal scheme.....

"......Has Obama read the impact study of his own Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Head Start and its less-than-stellar conclusion about the performance of the program?

With more than $167 billion spent by taxpayers on Head Start since it was launched in 1965 (and Obama’s 2011 budget increasing it by $1 billion), he certainly should have.

“However,” the report concluded, “the advantages children gained during their Head Start and age 4 years yielded only a few statistically significant differences in outcomes at the end of the first grade for the sample as a whole.” ("Head Start Impact Study, Final Report," January 2010, Executive Sumary, p. iv.)

More specifically, the study assessed 19 kindergarten outcomes and 22 first-grade outcomes, with no measurable effects on nine measures of language and literacy, two measures of the Spanish language, and literacy, and three measures of math skills. ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," pp. 4-10-4-13, Exhibit. 4.2.) In the cases of the 22 first-grade outcomes, none of them showed a measurable impact at the 5% level. ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," pp. 4-10-4-13, Exhibit 4.2.]

“By the end of the first grade,” noted the study, “only a single cognitive impact was found for each cohort [participant]. Head Start group children did significantly better on the PPVT (a vocabulary measure) for 4-year-olds and on the Woodcock-Johnson III test of Oral Comprehension for the 3-year-olds.” ("Head Start Impact Study," Executive Summary, p. iv.")

Although the report did find several positive aspects to participation in the Head Start program, its conclusions was “the benefits of access to Head Start at age 4 are largely absent by first grade for the program population as a whole [emphasis added].” ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," p. xxxviii.)"
Is Obama Clueless About Negative Head Start Study? | Human Events

"Shortly after the report was released, at a Heritage Foundation panel dubbed “Is Head Start Helping Children Succeed and Does Anyone Care?” Nicholas Zill, who had been a lead analyst on the impact study, noted that the HHS report was largely ignored by the press."

Way to be a disinfo shill, PoliticalChic.

Now go away and let the non-trolls talk.

You imbecile: you just proved my point!

"....noted that the HHS report was largely ignored by the press."

Who controls the press?

Right......Liberals.
And Head-Start, and every permutation of universal pre-K is simply one more method of redistribution of wealth from earners to takers.

And the Liberal press sees to it that truth doesn't get out.

I really have to stop saying "How stupid can you be?"....seems people like you take it as a challenge.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Are you serious???

It works about as well as every other lame-brained Liberal scheme.....

"......Has Obama read the impact study of his own Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Head Start and its less-than-stellar conclusion about the performance of the program?

With more than $167 billion spent by taxpayers on Head Start since it was launched in 1965 (and Obama’s 2011 budget increasing it by $1 billion), he certainly should have.

“However,” the report concluded, “the advantages children gained during their Head Start and age 4 years yielded only a few statistically significant differences in outcomes at the end of the first grade for the sample as a whole.” ("Head Start Impact Study, Final Report," January 2010, Executive Sumary, p. iv.)

More specifically, the study assessed 19 kindergarten outcomes and 22 first-grade outcomes, with no measurable effects on nine measures of language and literacy, two measures of the Spanish language, and literacy, and three measures of math skills. ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," pp. 4-10-4-13, Exhibit. 4.2.) In the cases of the 22 first-grade outcomes, none of them showed a measurable impact at the 5% level. ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," pp. 4-10-4-13, Exhibit 4.2.]

“By the end of the first grade,” noted the study, “only a single cognitive impact was found for each cohort [participant]. Head Start group children did significantly better on the PPVT (a vocabulary measure) for 4-year-olds and on the Woodcock-Johnson III test of Oral Comprehension for the 3-year-olds.” ("Head Start Impact Study," Executive Summary, p. iv.")

Although the report did find several positive aspects to participation in the Head Start program, its conclusions was “the benefits of access to Head Start at age 4 are largely absent by first grade for the program population as a whole [emphasis added].” ("Head Start Impact Study: Final Report," p. xxxviii.)"
Is Obama Clueless About Negative Head Start Study? | Human Events

"Shortly after the report was released, at a Heritage Foundation panel dubbed “Is Head Start Helping Children Succeed and Does Anyone Care?” Nicholas Zill, who had been a lead analyst on the impact study, noted that the HHS report was largely ignored by the press."

Who controls the press?

Right......Liberals.
And Head-Start, and every permutation of universal pre-K is simply one more method of redistribution of wealth from earners to takers.

I really have to stop saying "How stupid can you be?"....seems people like you take it as a challenge.

Every post an ad hominem, every post. PC, better that you be thought a fool then to prove it over and over and over.

Who controls the press?

Right......Liberals.

Every post an ad hominem, every post. PC, better that you be thought a fool then to prove it over and over and over.

One would imagine you to be used to it by now, dope.

Who controls the press?

Right......Liberals.

I'm inured from your little games PC and have no respect for your arrogant, self righteous self centered disregard for others, as well as your affectations of high learning and intelligence. Remember, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but not everyone who reads your threads are ignorant and/or partisan hacks.

I'm inured from your little games PC and have no respect for your arrogant, self righteous self centered disregard for others, as well as your affectations of high learning and intelligence. Remember, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but not everyone who reads your threads are ignorant and/or partisan hacks.

Yet you never miss an opportunity to post to, or about me.

What I can't figure out is, if you can't live without me, why are you still alive?

No. It's forbidden. I didn't know that I could do that. When my kid was much younger, people would give me this song and dance about how I couldn't do that. The kicker? Their children didn't join the military. Then I watched Why We Fight. There is this piece in there by Karen Kwiatkowski and she says that her children are not allowed to. So, I said...........if somebody is going to do the indoctrinating it will be me. So, it began. He knows it. I have what is called the Mom card. All mothers possess this and when used sparingly it works rather well.

If you say so.

In the UK and Canada there are awesome military themed youth groups like the army and air cadets. In the UK and Canada cadets are considered a legitimate youth activity and hobby. Why aren't such programs widespread in the US? Are American parents biased and prefer to have their children involved in athletics? Would American parents become angry if a cadet program was established in their community? I talked to my neighbor who has a son in high school and he said he wouldn't let his son join a program like the cadets. The training and opportunities of the cadets looks exciting and intense! I wished I had something like this when I was in school! It sure beats the hell out of kicking a ball during your high school years.

My kid brother was in the Sea Cadets right here in America.

Forum List

Back