Why I am voting for Obama again

We have a group of embittered, older white folks realizing, finally, a fact of life.

Things always change.

Their way of life for many of them is coming to an end.

So be it, they can't change it, but they can whine about it. And why not? They will soon be gone.

We have a group of embittered, older white folks realizing, finally, a fact of life.

Things always change.

So be it, they can't change it, but they can whine about it. And why not? They will soon be gone.

OMG...speaking of being embittered, what do you call THIS POST?
good grief jakeie...lol:

Last edited:
WHY I AM VOTING FOR OBAMA AGAIN: I think the reason that most Obama supporters continue to support him has to do with their basic political philosophies. The democratic party and the republican party have vastly different views on a host of major issues: foreign affairs, women's rights, environmental protection, global warming, energy policy, family planning, gay rights, gun control, social justice, tax policy, and on and on. It is not necessarily that any of us are THRILLED with the performance of Obama in his first term, but that doesn't change the fact that we are vehemently opposed to most- if not all - of the GOP's positions on that long list of issues. Obama shares the political philosophy of democrats, and if we reelect him, he may not be successful in moving all or most or even hardly any of those issues down a path that democrats would approve, but electing Romney will CERTAINLY stop any movement on those issues in the direction that democrats want to see them advance, and, instead, move those issues down the path that the GOP wants them to advance.

It is nothing more or less than the standard clash of political philosophies that ought not to come as a surprise to anyone. If one has a vision for the future of our country, one will vote for the party that will attempt to move the country along a path that more closely resembles that vision.

LET ME GUESS--you've run out of your birth control devices and want someone else to pay for them---:badgrin::badgrin: That's the democrat platform--along with endorsement of GAY MARRIAGE--and who's going to pay for someone else's birth control pills--LOL.

You're obviously NOT concerned about 8.3% unemployment--11% real unemployment if you count those who have run out of unemployment benefits. You're not concerned about 26 million Americans in this country that are unemployed or underemployed. You're not concerned about 46 million Americans on food stamps. You're not concerned about 1 in 5 families living beneath the poverty level. You're not concerned about 16 trillion in red ink, or the additional 5 trillion that will be added to this tab over the next 10 years just in INTEREST. And you're certainly not concerned about your children and grand children's future when they're paying $224,000 just in interest on this bill.

Nope you're all about birth control devices--and what's in it for YOU--and how much free junk you can get paid for by others.

Typical liberal ideology--someone ELSE owes you something.

fyi. I am a retired naval officer with 25 years in uniform... and I am the father of three adult children - all with post graduate education- and all successful. I had a vasectomy 20 years ago so birth control is not an issue for me. WHy do you feel compelled to be so fucking insulting right out of the gate?

If you were a Naval Officer than you would know something about personal responsibility, and individual achievement... Why do support an ideology which recognizes neither?

WHY I AM VOTING FOR OBAMA AGAIN: I think the reason that most Obama supporters continue to support him has to do with their basic political philosophies. The democratic party and the republican party have vastly different views on a host of major issues: foreign affairs, women's rights, environmental protection, global warming, energy policy, family planning, gay rights, gun control, social justice, tax policy, and on and on. It is not necessarily that any of us are THRILLED with the performance of Obama in his first term, but that doesn't change the fact that we are vehemently opposed to most- if not all - of the GOP's positions on that long list of issues. Obama shares the political philosophy of democrats, and if we reelect him, he may not be successful in moving all or most or even hardly any of those issues down a path that democrats would approve, but electing Romney will CERTAINLY stop any movement on those issues in the direction that democrats want to see them advance, and, instead, move those issues down the path that the GOP wants them to advance.

It is nothing more or less than the standard clash of political philosophies that ought not to come as a surprise to anyone. If one has a vision for the future of our country, one will vote for the party that will attempt to move the country along a path that more closely resembles that vision.

LET ME GUESS--you've run out of your birth control devices and want someone else to pay for them---:badgrin::badgrin: That's the democrat platform--along with endorsement of GAY MARRIAGE--and who's going to pay for someone else's birth control pills--LOL.

You're obviously NOT concerned about 8.3% unemployment--11% real unemployment if you count those who have run out of unemployment benefits. You're not concerned about 26 million Americans in this country that are unemployed or underemployed. You're not concerned about 46 million Americans on food stamps. You're not concerned about 1 in 5 families living beneath the poverty level. You're not concerned about 16 trillion in red ink, or the additional 5 trillion that will be added to this tab over the next 10 years just in INTEREST. And you're certainly not concerned about your children and grand children's future when they're paying $224,000 just in interest on this bill.

Nope you're all about birth control devices--and what's in it for YOU--and how much free junk you can get paid for by others.

fyi. I am a retired naval officer with 25 years in uniform... and I am the father of three adult children - all with post graduate education- and all successful. I had a vasectomy 20 years ago so birth control is not an issue for me. WHy do you feel compelled to be so fucking insulting right out of the gate?

why not, you were

Things always change.

Another check mark goes into the Death Panel column.

why not, you were

only to old friends who richly deserve it Staph. :lol:

If you were a Naval Officer than you would know something about personal responsibility, and individual achievement... Why do support an ideology which recognizes neither?

I disagree completely with your partisan misrepresentation of liberal ideology. I guess that answers it.

A reasonable choice from your perspective. And i believe that Obama will indeed try to keep all those advocates of the niche-issues you enumerate on board.

That being said, I believe a very large and crucial segment of the US electorate (also of the Democrat leining part) doesn't care about the niche issues you listed but cares about jobs, economic growth, and the overal social and economic direction of the country. Therein lies the risk for Obama.

I disagree completely with your partisan misrepresentation of liberal ideology. I guess that answers it.

Partisan misrepresentation? What exactly did Obama's statement "You didn't build that" mean to you?

Honey, recognizing your bitterness does not make me bitter, Steph. Your way is coming to an end, so instead of being bitter that you can't change it, embrace it.

Things always change.

OMG...speaking of being embittered, what do you call THIS POST?
good grief jakeie...lol:

:clap2:

Class warfare, identity politics and collectivism ..............A proven path to prosperity !!! lol

Universal health care...Pk. who gets to pay for it?....Who funds the research for new medicines, technology, new surgical procedures, rare but essential life saving procedures?

Hmmm....Who funds that?
What about the environment?
Women's issues? WHAT is a women's issue. One example. And please do not mention birth control. That is not and nor should it ever be a taxpayer responsibility. If one wishes to have sex, let them worry about the consequences of their actions. Abortion? It is legal and for the foreseeable future will remain so.
Taxes? Be specific. What about them?
And you can also elaborate on global affairs...Explain what you refer to by global affairs.
Which regulations not in place would you believe you want to see in place. Be specific. Do not state "Wall Street" or "The Banks"....That won't do.
Education. What is the federal government NOT doing that you believe it should be doing for "education"? Do not answer "more funding". The federal education budget is ( 2009) $40 billion.. That is just 10% of the total expense(2009) for public education...
Clearly the money is not the problem. So when you say "education" what are you talking about. Again, be specific.
And now for the big part...What is the "whole host of issues"..
Do you see where this is going?
Here you are claiming to go about being informed yet you form a conclusion after rattling off a list of terms with absolutely no explanation as to why these issues mean anything to you. You cannot engage in debate and make decisions based on a list.
my thinking is you had your mind made up already about for whom you wish to vote but felt it necessary to join the discussion because you wanted to express your feelings on how informed you believe you may be.
Another poster earlier in this thread used the phrase, "what I find frightening"....Ya know what I find frightening? When someone is uninformed but believe that they are not uninformed, heads to the polls to vote. That is scary.
You have some homework to do. Take your time and consider your answers to the above questions carefully. Of course, think of your daughter while considering those replies.

You know what I don't like? Someone who makes a whole host of assumptions based on nothing. I have done plenty of research on all the issues and the candidates. I don't need you to tell me what I know and what I don't know.

I'm not going to write a novel so I'll start with healthcare. Research what they do in Taiwan right now as an idea or research expanding Medicare for all based on income.

Here, I'll start you out with some links. And no, this is not the only place I've researched this. I work in the healthcare field at a large VA hospital and have worked for health insurance companies.

Medicare for All: Home

Health Care in Taiwan | Health Beat by Maggie Mahar

I made no assumptions. Your post told me the story of you.
Typically when people rattle off lists of things it is because they lack knowledge of specifics or they are attempting to deflect attention away from the fact that the one doing the listing has no interest in a discussion. The equivalent would be to shine a bright light in a person's eyes then run away and hide while the person is temporarily blinded.
Ok. It is very nice that these other places have their version of what you believe is universal healthcare. The bottom line is this: The cost is always there. Whether the privately insured pay for care as part of their premiums or the taxpayers via a government system fund it, the costs continue to rise because the cost of the labor to do the research, perform the care and develop the technology always rises.
The only way to control the market is for government to FIX the market. In other words, create a monopoly. When that happens, rationing of the product follows.
Now, these other countries have less than 10% of the population of the US. It is impossible for a country to insure and administer a health program for 315 million people without the cost of administration reaching stratospheric levels.
Newsflash. Health care will NEVER be "free".. To anyone.
Now I asked YOU to answer those questions. Not plan an escape by posting links.
You made your statement regarding the issues on which you would vote for Obama.
I ask you again to answer those simple questions. I am not letting this go. You put it out there on a public message board. Just feel free to back it up.
Worked in the healthcare field doing what?...Worked for insurance companies doing what?
My father and father in law have been patients at VA hospitals. They offer their observations. You worked in one. Who is better qualified to offer an unbiased observation of the system as they saw it? One who got the care or one who sees the government system as the best type and is committed to that end?...
Forget the links. Just answer the questions. This is important. This is why you have made up your mind to vote for Obama.

Listen, I have a life and only so much time to type out every little detail of every little thing I believe in politically. I'm a busy person with a full time job and a family. I will answer you but it is gonna take time and I'm coming to this board to discuss/debate these issues but I'm not gonna tolerate someone telling me exactly what I have to say and how I have to say it. That doesn't fly with me and it'll never work. I use links only if they are informative and a good place to get more details I don't want to type out here in their entirety. I know many people who have gotten care at the VA and I currently work there. See my bio in my profile for my job title. I used to work as a claims examiner for United Health Care among others. I think that's enough about me right now.

Regarding your first statement. Who the hell said it would be free? I didn't and I offered you ideas in those links how to pay for it. We pay for it right now. We pay for the uninsured who go to the ER to get care. We pay massive insurance premiums-or at least the copays and deductibles. We pay for Medicare and Medicaid with our taxes. We pay plenty right now. And we have millions who get no care, and only get seen when they are so sick it is going to cost the taxpayer a hell of a lot more money than if they had free preventative care which is what the ACA mandates. Heck, look at all the people who declare bankruptcy due to medical bills. Who pays for that? What happens when they have to foreclose on their house and what does that do to the market value of the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. I could go on and on. I hope you get the point.

We can pay for universal health care so easily with the money already being spent on health care, that we could cover everyone and even pay less than we do now. Premiums, and even those on Medicare pay premiums, could be pegged to income so that families could pay far less than the average 25% of their income that they are paying now to get covered. Doctors could put their resources into delivering medical care instead of personnel to deal with the endless reams of paperwork and fight for coverage for their patients from the insurance companies, which would bring down medical costs without reducing medical service. The uninsured and the underinsured could get the treatment they need and preventative care, like physical examinations could catch illnesses while it is less expensive to treat. Your doctor could make the medical decisions about your treatment instead of some clerk in an insurance office.

I do believe healthcare is a right in this country. It's called life. We have a right to life. All of us. Everyone. This is my personal opinion of which I am entiteled to.

Why are you so anxious to live in a nation where government either does things for you or gives you things?
Do you believe that it is the job of government to do these things for you?

No, I do not believe that it is the job of Government to do things for me or give me things. I do believe in a strong Government for a strong, functional society. Things like infrastructure, education, help for those in need-the poor, elderly, disabled, children, etc. basic services like fire, police, the military, etc. And yes, I believe healthcare is a right not a privledge. These things I don't believe should be privatized.
Hmm. Ok...What about education? The federal government in 2009 spent $40 billion or 10% of the total spent on public education. What else would you like to do?
Infrastructure...What about it? The federal government spends roughly $87 billion on transportation and water infrastructure( 2009) budget. This represents roughly 10% of the total federal budget for that year. That accounts for about 25% of the total including state and local expenditures. CBO | Public Spending on Transportation and Water Infrastructure
So what is it you wish the federal government to do?
Define "strong functional society"....See you and I differ in that government should not be involved in social engineering. Society( what ever that is) will function whether government exists or not. See history on the the earliest European settlers. There was no government only a command hierarchy aboard the ships that carried the settlers.
Right now the federal government spends almost 50% of the total budget on help for the poor, the needy, elderly, disabled children and of course the old "can we increase the budget for "et cetera"....What more do you want? Social spending as it stands is no longer sustainable. Not in the current form. There are far too many people gaming the system and there are far too many federal employees costing us taxpayers billions each year.
You can "believe" all you like. Does not make it true.
What do you mean when you state "health care is a right"?....In which part of the US or any State Constitution does is state "health care is a right"?
Why do you trust government which has ZERO incentive to control costs and perform tasks within budget, efficiently and on time more than you do the private sector which MUST work within a budget, perform better and more efficiently and complete it's task with the highest quality and complete the task on time?...

I'm one of those Federal Employees you are talking about. I answered your health care is a right in my last post. If you think the infrastructure is o.k. in this country, you are dead wrong. More money spent on fixing roads, bridges, etc. will create jobs and help the economy. We most definitely DO need a Government to survive. And please, the poor are suffering greatly and so is the middle class. All you have to do is open your eyes and look.

How does Obama's ass taste?

Because you support blatant corruption and love Organized crime.

This admin is the most corrupt in our history,. And you cant suck his dick fast enough....

Forum List

Back