Why I Could Never Be GOP or Libertarian

Listen stupid. If the economy wasn't getting better, the GOP wouldn't be arguing over whether they should be taking credit for it.

Landry last week sat on a panel of House conservatives at the Heritage Foundation, where a fellow freshman, Rep. Raúl Labrador (R-Idaho), held up charts highlighting the gains in the economy under OBAMA/the GOP majority.

“Under OBAMA/Republican control of the House, [the unemployment rate] has begun a gradual but steady decline,

So if you can't even admit the economy is improving, I can't talk to you because I talk in facts and reality.

If the economy is improving, it is no thanks to Obama. You think what you want and stay happy in your la-la lan, honey. You and your facts. Shove 'em. You don't know your butt from a hole in the ground.

The only reason the economy is even moving at all is people trying to survive.

Yep. Different businesses like hotels and restaurants to stay afloat offering two for one deals. I get emails from travel agents about cruises. Offering hundreds off. Just to stay afloat. Because ANY money is better than NONE. We are getting along good. Thank God we didn't have six kids! We have our health and we do lots of fun things that don't cost money. We went to Costco last night and of course never get out of there for less than $100.00, spent $144.00. The place is packed on any given day. New cars fill the parking lot. People buying tons of stuff. i don't know -- the enonomy might not be THAT bad. We call to make hotel reservations some place and every room at our favorite is booked - and these are just normal hotels, no $10,000/night rooms. You go to dinner at one of the chain restaurants or ANY restaurant and you're lucky on a Friday night if there isn't a 45 minute wait. What I'm saying is we aren't letting it stop us. We've never been rich, we live within our means and enjoy every minute of it.

Last edited:
Rep. Steny Hoyer: Republican Budget Represents a Bleak Future for America

All of us want to put America back on a sustainable fiscal path, but to do so everyone must be asked to pitch in. The Republican budget, however, places the entire burden of deficit reduction on the middle class, seniors, and the most vulnerable.

So a blog spewed by a liberal house member who has no spine to cut the deficit tells you what you want to hear and that makes it the gospel.
Hoyer is waiting for the right moment to retire from his seat, go to work for a liberal lobbying firm so he can keep screwing the American people.

All of us want to put America back on a sustainable fiscal path, but to do so everyone must be asked to pitch in. The Republican budget, however, places the entire burden of deficit reduction on the middle class, seniors, and the most vulnerable.

So a blog spewed by a liberal house member who has no spine to cut the deficit tells you what you want to hear and that makes it the gospel.
Hoyer is waiting for the right moment to retire from his seat, go to work for a liberal lobbying firm so he can keep screwing the American people.

That is all Libs do. They regurgitate stupid shit their leaders tell them to say.

And everything they don't agree with is an attack against (insert special interest group).

That is all Libs do. They regurgitate stupid shit their leaders tell them to say.

And everything they don't agree with is an attack against (insert special interest group).

When THEY should be thier OWN special interest group in the name of thier individual liberty and nothing else. [And not infringing on anyone else's liberty at the same time]...Hard concept for some to grasp. ;)

God Republicans are dumb.

1. No one said the Supreme Court doesn't have the power. Obama is warning them not to make another bad decision like Citizens United. Stop being activist judges legislating from the bench. They did it with Exxon Valdez case too. Actually, I told you a long time ago that in every decision where its People vs Corporations, Corporations win every time in the new Roberts court. No wonder Bush needed to steal the 2000 and 2004 elections. It was a coup. He appointed nothing but right wing activist judges. FOR LIFE TOO! Do you recall Alberto Gonzales and all the bad attorney firings? I want you to write me a 3 page letter in detail and single space telling me what you recall about that. LOL.

2. If the Supreme Court is behaving badly, who has the power to throw out the bums? Congress. And maybe next years Congress might look into Justice Thomas' conflicts of interest. Him deciding on cases where his lobbyist wife's involved. Impeach the bum.

The Constitution provides that justices "shall hold their offices during good behavior" (unless appointed during a Senate recess). The term "good behavior" is understood to mean justices may serve for the remainder of their lives, unless they are impeached and convicted by Congress

3. Mormons think you other Christians belong to a Cult. False religion. Your Church does not have the authority from God like they do. I say the official religion of the USA should be Mormon. How about it? But no Catholics or Baptists or Presyterians or Lutherans because they're churches don't have the authority passed down from God. The Mormons do. Just ask them.

Republicans may be ok with the idea that we are all born equal because they don't want to admit they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

What they believe in is every man for himself and survival of the fittest. So if the weak parrish, so be it. That's what happens in free unregulated markets/societies. Like the caraboo being stalked by the wolves. Its every caraboo for himself. They don't turn around and protect the weak caraboo. They just keep moving.

Democrats like safety nets. No one I know hates their social security and medicare.

Silver spoon? Are you on fucking crack?
first, most of us , conservatives came from nothing. Or of few means. We worked for what we have. No handouts. No expectations of successes.
We are sick and tired of wasteful bureaucrats claiming the need for social programs. Programs that do not work except to create one generation after another of a permanent underclass.
Taking a look at voting patterns In those blue states, it is fact that many very wealthy people vote democrat and contribute to liberal causes.
So please, when your side has such wealthy families as Heinz, Kennedy and individuals such as Soros and Gates.
You have some nerve yammering about silver spoons.

In reading through this I was just going to ask just which republicans is she/he referring to who were born with sliver spoons in mouths. Certainly not I, not by a damn sight. I wish. If Ted Kennedy wasn't born with the proverbial silver spoon, then I'd like to know who was. I want the government neither helping me or controlling me -- other than it is already. I am quite capable of taking care of myself and when the day comes I can't --- I want to be left to die in peace. I am doing just as I please whether it fits the liberal rules or not: I eat meat, condone hunting, cutting down trees if need be, drive a big car, two big cars actually, and I make every effort not to "go green." The liberals don't like it? Things are tough all over!

Ted Kennedy's votes and track record show he's a man of the people. Why do you think he was so popular and beloved?

And I didn't think you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You aren't rich enough to be voting Republican. You are ignorant and don't know any better. What wedge issues got you voting against your own financial interests?

When THEY should be thier OWN special interest group in the name of thier individual liberty and nothing else. [And not infringing on anyone else's liberty at the same time]...Hard concept for some to grasp. ;)

Actually, Liberty is a pretty easy thing to understand. That is why they use it. Something low information voters can wrap their arms around.

But in detail debate and intellectual honesty? Too much for you to do. Like that episode where Lois is running for Mayor on Family Guy? She bored them with details so she just said things like "Liberty" or 9-11 was bad, and the ignorant crowd cheered. Mayor Adam West walked up to one guy, sat in his lap and won him over with nonsense. You are who they were making fun of.

Or google George Carlin's "there's one thing you never hear me complain about, POLITICIANS. Where do they come from? Of course a greedy ignorant society is going to produce greedy ignorant politicians. Politicians don't suck, PEOPLE SUCK. :clap2:

Google that. He's making fun of you guys.

You certainly have all the talking points down. Where do you get your information? You guys act like you have some official source that is bullshit free.

Silver spoon? Are you on fucking crack?
first, most of us , conservatives came from nothing. Or of few means. We worked for what we have. No handouts. No expectations of successes.
We are sick and tired of wasteful bureaucrats claiming the need for social programs. Programs that do not work except to create one generation after another of a permanent underclass.
Taking a look at voting patterns In those blue states, it is fact that many very wealthy people vote democrat and contribute to liberal causes.
So please, when your side has such wealthy families as Heinz, Kennedy and individuals such as Soros and Gates.
You have some nerve yammering about silver spoons.

In reading through this I was just going to ask just which republicans is she/he referring to who were born with sliver spoons in mouths. Certainly not I, not by a damn sight. I wish. If Ted Kennedy wasn't born with the proverbial silver spoon, then I'd like to know who was. I want the government neither helping me or controlling me -- other than it is already. I am quite capable of taking care of myself and when the day comes I can't --- I want to be left to die in peace. I am doing just as I please whether it fits the liberal rules or not: I eat meat, condone hunting, cutting down trees if need be, drive a big car, two big cars actually, and I make every effort not to "go green." The liberals don't like it? Things are tough all over!

Ted Kennedy's votes and track record show he's a man of the people. Why do you think he was so popular and beloved?

And I didn't think you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You aren't rich enough to be voting Republican. You are ignorant and don't know any better. What wedge issues got you voting against your own financial interests?
What a bunch of bullshit.
These limousine liberals have you people bamboozled.
Man about the people...Just because they write a check to just the right politically correct cause when the mood strikes them, they are 'about the people'...
Cupcake, the fact is most GOP voters are middle class.
Ted Kennedy was a womanizing drunk who committed murder and because of his money and powerful friends, got away with it.
Do you really want to look so stupid as to believe Ted Kennedy as a regular guy would not have sat his fat white ass in a prison cell for 25 years if he wasn't a Kennedy?
Please. Don't play stupid.
Remember,Ms Man About the People, it was the Kennedys who scuttled that precious wind farm off the shores of Martha's Vineyard because it would ruin their yachting waters.
It is not the GOP which seeks to take more of my hard earned money. It is YOUR side that is in the business of confiscation and redistribution.

God Republicans are dumb.

1. No one said the Supreme Court doesn't have the power. Obama is warning them not to make another bad decision like Citizens United. Stop being activist judges legislating from the bench. They did it with Exxon Valdez case too. Actually, I told you a long time ago that in every decision where its People vs Corporations, Corporations win every time in the new Roberts court. No wonder Bush needed to steal the 2000 and 2004 elections. It was a coup. He appointed nothing but right wing activist judges. FOR LIFE TOO! Do you recall Alberto Gonzales and all the bad attorney firings? I want you to write me a 3 page letter in detail and single space telling me what you recall about that. LOL.

2. If the Supreme Court is behaving badly, who has the power to throw out the bums? Congress. And maybe next years Congress might look into Justice Thomas' conflicts of interest. Him deciding on cases where his lobbyist wife's involved. Impeach the bum.

The Constitution provides that justices "shall hold their offices during good behavior" (unless appointed during a Senate recess). The term "good behavior" is understood to mean justices may serve for the remainder of their lives, unless they are impeached and convicted by Congress

3. Mormons think you other Christians belong to a Cult. False religion. Your Church does not have the authority from God like they do. I say the official religion of the USA should be Mormon. How about it? But no Catholics or Baptists or Presyterians or Lutherans because they're churches don't have the authority passed down from God. The Mormons do. Just ask them.

No....You are the idiot. The President does not have any business attempting to lobby the SCOTUS. The President does not "warn" the SCOTUS.
And Congress can do nothing to any member of the Court unless they commit an impeachable offense. Ruling on a case within the boundaries of their authority is NOT an impeachable offense.
Now a lesson in civics for you. First ONE house of Congress has the power to Impeach a Supreme Court Justice. The US Senate. That requires a 2/3rds majority vote.
Look, this is not going to happen because there has been no violation of the law or the Cannons.
The Framers developed our system of three branches of federal government for situations just like the one Obama is trying to created. That is to unduly influence judicial decisions or threaten judicial independence. Such and idea smacks of a child's temper tantrum. Just because your side does not like the the Court's decision on a particular case does not mean you get to stop the game and change the players because you don't like the outcome.

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

I wish that I could contribute more of my money to charity, but unfortunately the federal government takes a substantial portion of my money each year so they can fight unconstitutional wars and pay ineffectual bureaucrats to run inefficient departments that solve nothing
Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”
I will never see my social security money...what a failure... I wish that i had all the money that i have put into it... i would be that much closer to financial independence. Instead i won't see a dime of it. even if all the experts are wrong and i do get my social security at retirement. I would much rather have managed my own investments so that they could have grown instead of getting some lame check at the end of my life that won't be enough to pay for dog food
And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.
I agree with you here I don't know how they get evangelicals to go along with them
Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.
Like I said I would like to give more to charity and would if I had 35% of my salary back. Not to mention the fact that not for profit organizations operate more efficiently than most businesses, let alone the federal government
And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.
Its not that libertarians don't support the commons its that they support the commons at a local level. The mantra would be, centralized government does a poorer job of management. Leave the commons up to communities. Communities have a vested interest in the commons, where as central governments find ways to exploit the commons.
Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.

Not sure about this last part here. Libertarians think that "we the people can manage the commons, and that some centralized government bureaucrat with alternative motives cannot affectively manage the commons better than the community can.

Last edited:
Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.

Ok already, we all understand you want it all for free without having to break a sweat, however, we are talking about real people, that work, and wish to be rewarded for the sweat the rolls down the crack of their ass to keep your sorry ass happy! I for one am not my brothers keeper, I already have a family to take care of.

I disagree.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just admitting that thinking is too hard.

Last edited:

I disagree.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just admitting that thinking is too hard.

Harder than typing.

I disagree.

Ron Paul supporters think his ideas will benefit them? They like the rest of us would become the working poor under his every man for himself phylosophies. And they suggest they are religious? While at the same time following Ayn Rand? :lol: That's a laugh.

Rand was clear that her philosophy, known as objectivism, was incompatible with that of Jesus. For her, any system that required one individual to live for others and follow anything beside his or her own self-interest was immoral. For Jesus, any system or behavior that does not take into account living for others and acting on their behalf is immoral. Christians should take Ayn Rand’s words as a warning. To follow her and her vision, one must give up Christ and his cross.

You heard it, libertarians, go-Galters, and Tea Party rabble rousers: If you cheer Rand’s self-worshipping objectivist ideals, you cheer with the devil.

Read more: Good Christians Don

And I love it when Republicans say we are jealous of the rich or hate them. Not all rich people are the same.

Take for example Ayn Rand (1905-1983) and Lao Russell (1904-1988) side by side. These were two of the most powerful women of the 20th century, sharing almost identical spans of time in history. However, their philosophical outlooks were diametrically opposite to one another. Rand was an atheist and argued for the virtues of selfishness, while Russell was a theist and preached the virtues of selflessness.

The Virtues of Enlightened Selfishness, by Yasuhiko Kimura

And I love it when I show Republicans my left wing proof that their right wing beliefs are wrong, they say I should "think for myself".

Are they asking me not to do any research? Or to only accept information I get from the corporate/mainstream media? That is exactly it. So nothing we say can possibly be true because we are bias? No matter how much proof we provide, they can just brush it off? I especially hate it when they argue with politifact but then use it when it calls out people on the left.

PolitiFact | The latest statements we've reviewed

Forum List

Back