Why is Christianity more pronounced in the U.S. than the rest of Western society?

When was the theory of plate tech-tonics discovered?
Answer 1915.
And? You have a point about that date? :dunno:

Ancient man did not know about plate tech-tonics.
Genesis and the other 4 books were written by Moses under the inspiration of God between 1450 -1410 B.C.
So what? Moses made all those stories up and made himself a central figure. Sounds like just another con man to me. And what does that have to do with anything anyways?

That is the point, Moses could not have known about the earths land mass dividing without the inspiration of God.
I must have missed the part where Moses explains plate techtonics as it relates to Noah and the flood. :lmao:

He didn't dummkopf.
Your little play of words are making you look foolish.
Why are you even in the religious forum, other than to put down believers?
Go the flame zone and have some fun.:biggrin:

Scientists are still challenging their theory methods and change them.
They found that their radio carbon dating was flawed (contamination)
Any addition of carbon to a sample of a different age will cause the measured date to be inaccurate.
First of all, you guys always say that because if you accept science, your book is bs. So that aside, what makes you think that your 66 million years date is accurate?

It is not written in stone as to the exact date.
I used that date because it was toward the end of the dinosaur period and add that with the Septuagint that mentions the large lizards.
No most of science does go along with the Bible.
Nope. Which does not require a belief in or not for salvation. In my opinion.

I totally agree with you.
A guy in Sunday School yesterday was going on about having to believe every word in the Bible as literal. I asked him how was that different than believing in Moses and the Prophets in Luke 16? Some folks just have trouble accepting the right hand of fellowship in Christ. You don't, I don't, and imo that is what Jesus wants.

Exactly.

You still have not answered how mankind knew about the land dividing, if there was no man.
The study of plate techtonics. I thought you said that you were well read up on all this. Maybe not? :D

When was the theory of plate tech-tonics discovered?
Answer 1915.

Genesis and the other 4 books were written by Moses under the inspiration of God between 1450 -1410 B.C.
So what? Moses made all those stories up and made himself a central figure. Sounds like just another con man to me. And what does that have to do with anything anyways?
Moses wrote a story and put in writing he was a murderer? And what was the con?

Any addition of carbon to a sample of a different age will cause the measured date to be inaccurate.
First of all, you guys always say that because if you accept science, your book is bs. So that aside, what makes you think that your 66 million years date is accurate?

I used that date because it was toward the end of the dinosaur period and add that with the Septuagint that mentions the large lizards.

A guy in Sunday School yesterday was going on about having to believe every word in the Bible as literal. I asked him how was that different than believing in Moses and the Prophets in Luke 16? Some folks just have trouble accepting the right hand of fellowship in Christ. You don't, I don't, and imo that is what Jesus wants.

The point that I was making, was that the Bible was written with the inspiration of God, not man alone.

The point that I was making, was that the Bible was written with the inspiration of God, not man alone.
So being only inspired by God, it's not God's word then, just what Moses was inspired to write?

That is the point, Moses could not have known about the earths land mass dividing without the inspiration of God.
I must have missed the part where Moses explains plate techtonics as it relates to Noah and the flood. :lmao:

He didn't dummkopf.
Your little play of words are making you look foolish.
Why are you even in the religious forum, other than to put down believers?
Go the flame zone and have some fun.:biggrin:
So Noah lived during Pangea, millions of years ago? Don't tell your friends, you'll be put on the rack. :D

You still go to Sunday school? :lmao:

Yes
Churches have Sunday school for kids and adults.
Sunday School Lessons. Bible Study Lessons.
It get's groups thinking and talking over ideas.

So being only inspired by God, it's not God's word then, just what Moses was inspired to write?

OK ..... that works. It seems to me that just saying "the bible" --
does not work. --------there are lots of books that make up "THE BIBLE"-------a better descriptive term is "SCRIPTURAL WRITINGS" ----or you could say "INSPIRED SCRIPTURAL WRITINGS ---MAYBE" "INSPIRED.........some of them.....maybe". There does not seem to be much of a question that there were lots of authors. I consider the book called GENESIS so sublime that it had to be
INSPIRED------but then again------I have a very great fondness for
THE ODYSSEY. The book of "JOB" is a bit weird but just as sublime as the ODYSSEY-----same is true for the book of "JONAH"
I am not at all fond of "NOAH"------it is something like a lesson in demographics-------shem over there, ham up the hill ........very contrived

:lol: Sure do. Why would I not?

But the bible IS written by man, not God.

No it's written by God through Men.
There is no way that those books, written by 40 Men, inspired by God and written over a period of 3,000 years blends in so beautifully.
Man has tried to destroy that book and Christians for thousands of years and it is still here and billions still believe in God.
So how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and back again?

Noah's Flood happened before the land mass (Pangaea) divided.
Pangaea divided during Peleg's time in Genesis 10:25.
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided ; and his brother's name was Joktan.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam, and Peleg was the 5th generation from Noah.
Pangaea came together around 300 million years ago and started to break up 125 million years later. No humans around back then. Please try again.

More than likely around 66 million years ago during the age of reptiles.
The Septuagint mentions the large reptiles.
If there was no humans, how did they know about it and write about it?

Dinosaurs were not reptiles.

No it's written by God through Men.
There is no way that those books, written by 40 Men, inspired by God and written over a period of 3,000 years blends in so beautifully.
Man has tried to destroy that book and Christians for thousands of years and it is still here and billions still believe in God.
So how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and back again?

Noah's Flood happened before the land mass (Pangaea) divided.
Pangaea divided during Peleg's time in Genesis 10:25.
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided ; and his brother's name was Joktan.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam, and Peleg was the 5th generation from Noah.
Pangaea came together around 300 million years ago and started to break up 125 million years later. No humans around back then. Please try again.

More than likely around 66 million years ago during the age of reptiles.
The Septuagint mentions the large reptiles.
If there was no humans, how did they know about it and write about it?

Dinosaurs were not reptiles.

I am talking about the time that Genesis was written - 1450 to 1410B.C.
Not what we know today.
Not all
Dinosaurs are reptiles (as are turtles, lizards, snakes, and crocodylians with birds and dinosaurs once removed). Mammals branched off from reptiles around the same time as dinosaurs.

Genesis was probably written down from oral sources sometime between 750 to 550 BC.

Of course. At our church, people in their 60s have a Sunday School class.

Intelligent people never stop learning. The people who stop learning, end up dinosaur destined for extinction. That's what being closed minded is all about. "I know all there is to know, and I don't need to know anymore"... closed to new information.

Intelligent people never stop learning. The people who stop learning, end up dinosaur destined for extinction. That's what being closed minded is all about. "I know all there is to know, and I don't need to know anymore"... closed to new information.
The dinosaurs did not go to Sunday School!!! That explains it. :eusa_doh: :biggrin:

The dinosaurs did not go to Sunday School!!! That explains it. :eusa_doh: :biggrin:

Your post was incoherent....

Sorry. I just got this mental picture of a bunch of dinosaurs sitting around a classrooms studying Biblical stories. The 'doh' is because is was a lame joke. The grin is because I was just kidding around.
(Maybe I should have put more smilies.)

Sorry. I just got this mental picture of a bunch of dinosaurs sitting around a classrooms studying Biblical stories. The 'doh' is because is was a lame joke. The grin is because I was just kidding around.

Oh..... I have JakeStarkey on ignore for infractions-of-intelligence unrelated to this thread. (I've ignored him for almost a year)

Thus I was missing the context of your post on going to Sunday School, because I can't see anything he posts, or his post that you quoted. That's why didn't get the humor. My error.

Oh..... I have JakeStarkey on ignore for infractions-of-intelligence unrelated to this thread. (I've ignored him for almost a year)

Thus I was missing the context of your post on going to Sunday School, because I can't see anything he posts, or his post that you quoted. That's why didn't get the humor. My error.
Ignore can have that side effect.

Somehow the image of a young dinosaur reading the children's Noah's ark story just seems kind of, well, symbolic.

Forum List

Back