Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Well, let's answer that. Atheists don't need to preach, sweet pea. Somebody is just being hysterical. I pity theists, you guys are grabbing at straws. Believe what ever YOU want. You will, anyway, don't let facts stand in the way.

That was an interesting sermon. What's great about atheists is that they don't just save their sermons up for Sunday's.

What's great about theists is that they never occupy the high intellectual ground.

Gregor Johann Mendel (July 20, 1822[1] – January 6, 1884) was an Augustinian priest and scientist, who gained posthumous fame as the figurehead of the new science of genetics for his study of the inheritance of certain traits in pea plants. Mendel showed that the inheritance of these traits follows particular laws, which were later named after him. The significance of Mendel's work was not recognized until the turn of the 20th century. The independent rediscovery of these laws formed the foundation of the modern science of genetics.[2]

Gregor Mendel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's great about theists is that they never occupy the high intellectual ground.
You can find stupid people for any viewpoint and I wouldn't go around saying all theists are stupid any more than I would go around saying all atheists (or people of any viewpoint) are stupid. Finally to disprove you in an example there are many intelligent theists like Pythagoras, Aristotle and Issac Newton. So I can see from what you are saying there either ignorance or stupidity, hopefully the earlier and not the later. :eusa_eh:

I would.:lol:
With the exception of Muslims, Anti-Semties and Obama supporters, most of which deserve to be mocked in one way or another. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
That was an interesting sermon. What's great about atheists is that they don't just save their sermons up for Sunday's.

Gregor Johann Mendel (July 20, 1822[1] – January 6, 1884) was an Augustinian priest and scientist, who gained posthumous fame as the figurehead of the new science of genetics for his study of the inheritance of certain traits in pea plants. Mendel showed that the inheritance of these traits follows particular laws, which were later named after him. The significance of Mendel's work was not recognized until the turn of the 20th century. The independent rediscovery of these laws formed the foundation of the modern science of genetics.[2]

Gregor Mendel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You left this "high intellectual ground" part out:

After his death the succeeding abbot burned all papers in Mendel's collection, to mark an end to the disputes over taxation.[10]

Hipester, even Newton probably sounded like a dumbass when he spoke about religion.
Same thing with Mendel.
Intelligent people revert to mind-numbing idiots when they say they believe in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension and sits there judging everyone's behavior to see whether he can fry them for all eternity or not.

Well, let's answer that. Atheists don't need to preach, sweet pea. Somebody is just being hysterical. I pity theists, you guys are grabbing at straws. Believe what ever YOU want. You will, anyway, don't let facts stand in the way.

And what made you think YOU were a qualified judge of the intellectual high ground?

Hipester, even Newton probably sounded like a dumbass when he spoke about religion.
Same thing with Mendel.
Intelligent people revert to mind-numbing idiots when they say they believe in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension and sits there judging everyone's behavior to see whether he can fry them for all eternity or not.

And then there are people who are ALWAYS mind-numbing idiots and require no reversion at all. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
But seriously, religionites always have some simplistic, unbelievable cockamamy story that just sounds dumb. And usually contradicted by science.

Huh, that's interesting. Most of the brightest scientists have been those who believe in God or at least a higher being. I guess that just shows your limited knowledge in the scientific world.

Huh, that's interesting. Most of the brightest scientists have been those who believe in God or at least a higher being. I guess that just shows your limited knowledge in the scientific world.

Last time I checked, every single branch of science was founded by Catholic scientists - the vast majority of them priests - seeking to become closer to God by understanding His creation.

Last time I checked, every single branch of science was founded by Catholic scientists - the vast majority of them priests - seeking to become closer to God by understanding His creation.

Light: Sure, but when scientists talk about religion, they revert to imbeciles. You can be Nobel prize winner in chemistry and believe in Hell, that doesn't negate your brilliance in chemistry, just as having a Nobel prize in chemistry doesn't validate your belief in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension.

Cecilie: religion doesn't recognize all scientific discoveries, especially when they contradict the bible.

Last edited:
Atheism and Communism go hand in hand.

facepalm.jpg

Yeah just look at Ayn Rand.

“At a very early age, while still a pupil in the ecclesiastical school, Comrade Stalin developed a critical mind and revolutionary sentiments. He began to read Darwin and became an atheist.
G. Glurdjidze, a boyhood friend of Stalin’s, relates:
"I began to speak of God. Joseph heard me out, and after a moment’s silence, said:
"‘You know, they are fooling us, there is no God. . . .’
"I was astonished at these words. I had never heard anything like it before.
"‘How can you say such things, Soso?’ I exclaimed.
"‘I’ll lend you a book to read; it will show you that the world and all living things are quite different from what you imagine, and all this talk about God is sheer nonsense,’ Joseph said.
"‘What book is that?’ I enquired.
"‘Darwin. You must read it,’ Joseph impressed on me.”

EmelianYaroslavsky, Landmarks in the Life of Stalin (Moscow: Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1940), 8-9.

Look, The Light, Stalin was not a communist. He was a paranoid mass murdering dictator, and if he had a political POV it was closer (much, much closer) to fascism. He used the label "communist" and the legacy of Lenin and Marx to grab control of a nation in turmoil.

Just because your cat has kittens in the oven don't make 'em biscuits, yanno?

Anyway, if you reject the Big Bang and evolution, it isn't hard to understand why you feel intruded upon by "atheists". I suppose the fact that many christians accept science is no help to you....but sir, if you reject (what most regular folks and all scientists consider) reality, you must expect to get your world view dinged occassionally.

I like you, as you know. I just have to wonder: must all of us pretend to disbelieve science in order to make you feel comfy?

Light: Sure, but when scientists talk about religion, they revert to imbeciles. You can be Nobel prize winner in chemistry and believe in Hell, that doesn't negate your brilliance in chemistry, just as having a Nobel prize in chemistry doesn't validate your belief in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension.

Cecilie: religion doesn't recognize all scientific discoveries, especially when they contradict the bible.

So you just have a problem with the concept of a creator. Not because it isn't correct, but because you just don't like it. Which is fine, but it is just your belief and should remain as such. However, those brilliant scientists have examined the concept of creation and come to the conclusion that it is the best most logical theory.

And your source for this extraordinary claim is?

Atheism and Communism go hand in hand.

facepalm.jpg

Yeah just look at Ayn Rand.

“At a very early age, while still a pupil in the ecclesiastical school, Comrade Stalin developed a critical mind and revolutionary sentiments. He began to read Darwin and became an atheist.
G. Glurdjidze, a boyhood friend of Stalin’s, relates:
"I began to speak of God. Joseph heard me out, and after a moment’s silence, said:
"‘You know, they are fooling us, there is no God. . . .’
"I was astonished at these words. I had never heard anything like it before.
"‘How can you say such things, Soso?’ I exclaimed.
"‘I’ll lend you a book to read; it will show you that the world and all living things are quite different from what you imagine, and all this talk about God is sheer nonsense,’ Joseph said.
"‘What book is that?’ I enquired.
"‘Darwin. You must read it,’ Joseph impressed on me.”

EmelianYaroslavsky, Landmarks in the Life of Stalin (Moscow: Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1940), 8-9.

Your point being?

So you just have a problem with the concept of a creator. Not because it isn't correct, but because you just don't like it. Which is fine, but it is just your belief and should remain as such. However, those brilliant scientists have examined the concept of creation and come to the conclusion that it is the best most logical theory.

Appeal to authority.

Forum List

Back