Why is it that average joe repubs fail to see the stupidity in their party's...

...elected officials?

I mean my god, if you really feel you have to be republican, at least see the stupidity and insanity that is going on with your current officials.

Here is a concept that needs to be grasped: compromise. When it comes to Obama, republicans do not compromise ON ANYTHING.

Can someone give me an example. Just one example of republicans collectively saying to Obama "we dislike some of this, but we do like other parts so let's come to a compromise on x y and z."? NEVER. Isn't that a little strange that republicans dislike EVERYTHING Obama comes up with? Is that not extreme?

Take ObamaCare. The concept was invented by republicans (Romney, The Heritage Foundation). That means there is stuff in ObamaCare that republicans used to like. Not only that, but polls consistently show that Americans are willing to keep ObamaCare so long as changes can be made. How do republicans respond? They ignore popular opinion on yet another issue.

I suppose I can't be too surprised by this republican mentality. We, after all, have to put up with idiots like Palin and Cruz.

Democrats, while certainly imperfect, have tried many times to negotiate with republicans. Democrats tried 19 times to simply bring their budget proposal to a bicameral committee. Republicans blocked the move every time.

19 Times Democrats Tried to Negotiate With Republicans - NationalJournal.com

How many bills have the Republicans in the House sent to the Senate that have
been tossed by Dingy Harrry?

How many of those bills have had the 60 votes that Republicans demand of Democratic bills?

All of them.. They came out of the House, they had to have at least 217 votes to pass if there is a full vote taken.

Yet the idiot troll OP fails to see the stupidity in his party's elected officials.. The blinders only face one way, I guess

That's partisanship for you. Happens on both sides. It's just that right now, with the democrats on a full court press of victim-hood from republican "obstruction", it's loud, proud, hypocritical and full of lies from the left side..

The house went to the republicans in 2010 with the instructions to stop your dear leaders crap, they haven't been fully successful but they have slowed him down considerably. To compromise would assist in facilitating his agenda, not what they are there for. If you lose the senate how many times do you think your dear leader will close the government to keep from signing their bills, instead of compromising?

Well gee without compromise nothing gets accomplished. How do you not get that?

Plenty of bills have passed through congress. What hasn't passed are the ones WE DON'T LIKE. On a lot of those there is no compromise.

Reagen compromised with Democrats by giving illegal aliens amnesty in exchange for a secure border. The Democrats reneged on the border. Look what's happening now.

Bush 41 compromised by raising taxes in return for spending cuts. Instead of cutting spending, the Democrats raised it.

Gee, why won't the Republicans compromise again?

1. 4/23 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.

2. 5/6 Senator Reid requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked.

3. 5/7 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.

4. 5/8 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.

5. 5/9 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator McConnell blocked.

6. 5/14 Senator Warner asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.

7. 5/15 Senator Wyden asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator McConnell blocked.

8. 5/16 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.

9. 5/21 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Paul blocked.

10. 5/22 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.

11. 5/23 Senator McCaskill asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.

12. 6/4 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Rubio blocked.

13. 6/12 Senator Kaine asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Lee blocked.

14. 6/19 Senator Murray asked unanimous consent to go to conference, and Senator Toomey blocked.

15. 6/26 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Cruz blocked.

16. 7/11 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.

17. 7/17 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Mike Lee blocked.

18. 8/1 Senator Durbin requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Marco Rubio blocked.

19. 10/2 Senator Murray requested unanimous consent to go to conference, Senator Toomey blocked.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/cong...-tried-to-negotiate-with-republicans-20131007

Last edited:
...elected officials?

I mean my god, if you really feel you have to be republican, at least see the stupidity and insanity that is going on with your current officials.

Here is a concept that needs to be grasped: compromise. When it comes to Obama, republicans do not compromise ON ANYTHING.

Can someone give me an example. Just one example of republicans collectively saying to Obama "we dislike some of this, but we do like other parts so let's come to a compromise on x y and z."? NEVER. Isn't that a little strange that republicans dislike EVERYTHING Obama comes up with? Is that not extreme?

Take ObamaCare. The concept was invented by republicans (Romney, The Heritage Foundation). That means there is stuff in ObamaCare that republicans used to like. Not only that, but polls consistently show that Americans are willing to keep ObamaCare so long as changes can be made. How do republicans respond? They ignore popular opinion on yet another issue.

I suppose I can't be too surprised by this republican mentality. We, after all, have to put up with idiots like Palin and Cruz.

Democrats, while certainly imperfect, have tried many times to negotiate with republicans. Democrats tried 19 times to simply bring their budget proposal to a bicameral committee. Republicans blocked the move every time.

The same reason democrats can't see the stupidity of their candidates.

I thought that would be obvious.

...elected officials?

How many bills have the Republicans in the House sent to the Senate that have
been tossed by Dingy Harrry?

How many of those bills have had the 60 votes that Republicans demand of Democratic bills?

Since they are never brought up for a vote, we will never know.

...elected officials?

Well it's kinda hard to do when deals are made and the President changes his mind after the deals were made.
Obama has a history of doing this with lots of other deals other than just congress, like his foreign affair deals.

It's also hard when you have Sen. Harry Reid who thinks that Clarence Thomas is white and thinks that the boarders are safe and sealed.

It is both parties no just one sided.
If the Dems had worked with the Repubs on the health care bill and would have not rejected all of their bills to it, then maybe we would not have had this gridlock since 2009.
And don't tell it did not happen because I watched it on the floor as it was happening.

You know we always hear this that Obamacare was a GOP idea. Libs always point to the Heritage Foundation plan, or Romneycare, or how Gingrich was for this kind of plan.
If so, why wasn't any of it ever enacted back when the GOP had control of the House and Senate and the White House ?
I mean think about it, if all of us in the GOP wanted it, why didn't it happen since the Dims would have also been for it. It should have passed overwhelmingly.

The truth is, only a handful of Republicans wanted such a plan, and the mom and pop GOP voters never wanted any part of the government getting it's hands all over our healthcare system.

So once and for all, would you libs please quit throwing this in our faces constantly ?
One article in a Heritage Foundation editorial, and a few GOP politicians, don't mean shit.

The house went to the republicans in 2010 with the instructions to stop your dear leaders crap, they haven't been fully successful but they have slowed him down considerably. To compromise would assist in facilitating his agenda, not what they are there for. If you lose the senate how many times do you think your dear leader will close the government to keep from signing their bills, instead of compromising?

Actually I can live with that, congress should take more vacations, at least they wouldn't be passing shit to get more into our lives.

...elected officials?

I'm not a republican but I understand that Obama and Dems have not compromised either. Leaving out 2 thirds of the equation sure makes Dems look a lot better.... Add them in and quickly you see why the country is suffering and who is more responsible. Honestly what's the point of electing another Dem President, they get very little done and what they do "accomplish" seems to fuck everything up worse than it was last time they "fixed" it.

Democripps is what we have ruining this once great U.S.A. :up:

...elected officials?

Well it's kinda hard to do when deals are made and the President changes his mind after the deals were made.
Obama has a history of doing this with lots of other deals other than just congress, like his foreign affair deals.

It's also hard when you have Sen. Harry Reid who thinks that Clarence Thomas is white and thinks that the boarders are safe and sealed.

If the Dems had worked with the Repubs on the health care bill and would have not rejected all of their bills to it, then maybe we would not have had this gridlock since 2009.
And don't tell it did not happen because I watched it on the floor as it was happening.

What I posted had nothing to do with Obama's involvement.

how do you not get that we hope he FAILS at every step he takes in "fundamentally changing America" :up:

in fact the very next step he takes.., i hope and pray it is into an open "man hole" :up: .... :lmao:

...elected officials?

Your own words

When it comes to Obama, republicans do not compromise ON ANYTHING.

This all started with the Dems who refused to compromise over the Health Care Act.

Last edited:

The average Republican is below average in intelligence.

254 of the counties where food stamps doubled, 213 voted for Mitt Romney so he will take away their food stamps. They vote in leaders who block them from health care. They know who created the deficit and still want those destructive policies for the country because they hate the word "liberal".

These things prove it without a doubt. You have to be brain damaged to want such ridiculous policies.

Your own words

When it comes to Obama, republicans do not compromise ON ANYTHING.

I was referring to the committee

The average Republican is below average in intelligence.

254 of the counties where food stamps doubled, 213 voted for Mitt Romney so he will take away their food stamps. They vote in leaders who block them from health care. They know who created the deficit and still want those destructive policies for the country because they hate the word "liberal".

These things prove it without a doubt. You have to be brain damaged to want such ridiculous policies.

Ever think they are more interested in jobs than welfare?

Awesome strategy! Look how well the country is doing because of it!

Forum List

Back