Why is it wrong to say blacks should go back to africa.?

Interesting. I suppose there are some who feel that we took their land so they would want us off of it. What did blacks take from whites to deserve similar scorn?

Blacks take jobs and college placements and scholarships from whites via affirmative action. THINK

Why is it that racists always think that the reason they didn't get into college is because of affirmative action?

Good point. Last ranting racist I ran into that blamed Affirmative Action for not getting a promotion was simply an ignorant loser who should have been terminated long ago. He was just too stupid to recognize it.

Interesting. I suppose there are some who feel that we took their land so they would want us off of it. What did blacks take from whites to deserve similar scorn?

Blacks take jobs and college placements and scholarships from whites via affirmative action. THINK

Why is it that racists always think that the reason they didn't get into college is because of affirmative action?
Republican rhetoric.

You're wrong, those are given to blacks. Whereas, for the most part, Indians did not give us their land.

Your example fails. What else ya got?

Injuns ... i mean native americans, are always saying whites should go back to yurp. Lots of white liberals say the same thing too. Why is that allowed and even applauded? THINK

No blacks alive today are from Africa any more than any whites are from Europe.

[

I THINK the OP was referring to the politically correct hypocrisy of white liberals rather than to Black Americans going "back" to Africa, which is a definitionally stupid idea. At least I hope so.

Why is it definitionally stupid? Blacks always refer to themselves as african-americans which means they think of africa as home at least as much as america. THINK

I don't know any "African-Americans" who think of Africa as "home" other than the place from which their ancestors were forcibly transported. As I'm sure you know, their roots in America stretch back further than most other groups in the U.S. Home is where you are born and raised, and we all need to make peace with that.
I know plenty of African Americans that think of Africa is home. That's the primary reason for the moniker African American. Same thing for some Italian Americans and Mexican Americans. They think of their ancestors country as home just as much as the US.

If so, that is disturbing. I certainly hope President Obama has greater allegiance to the U.S. than he does to Africa.
He would not have lived here, raised his kids here, or secured the position of POTUS if he didnt have allegiance to the US. Considering Africa home as well has nothing to do with allegiance until Kenya decides to attack the US.

I was trying to discover the significance to "home" other than as a wistful emotional attachment, thus my comment on allegiance. By definition, one cannot pledge allegiance to more than one country any more than one can pledge fidelity to more than one spouse.

Liberia was bought and a few ex slaves moved but , many stayed in the US...

I've been to Liberia, twice. It's a festering shithole, just like every other black African country. The only exception to the rule that I saw in my travels was Ghana. It's an OK place to dwell in times of peace, but the house we rented out near the airport in Accra, was pocked with machine-gun bullet wounds just like nearly every other building in Accra (change of government you see). That's how they always change the government in black Africa. I liked the people of Ghana. They were good people. They were Ashanti and very prideful.

If Obama brings all the Ebola victims from Liberia to the US, it's nothing more than a token public relations gesture for a political end, naturally. He's bringing the old American slaves "home" as it were. Since he's never picked up a history book in his entire worthless life, it's pointless to inform the president that West Africa IS home for Liberians, just like West Africa was home for all the American slaves. The Ashanti Tribe rounded them up, then chain-ganged them all to Ghana's deep water port of Tema, where they were sold to slave ships anchored in the bay. Like everything else the left promotes, this will be a disaster, guaranteed. Then they'll deny they had anything to do with this insanity in the first place. Our White House and DNC are being captained by fucking lunatics.

Botswana is pretty nice, as is Kenya for the most part (radical Muslims excepted of course).

Because its racist dreck?

African Americans have no more connection with Africa than with I do with Europe.

No one should be telling any Americans we should be leaving the United States.

Least of all racist idiots.

It might be the answer for some black people who willingly want to go there, who feel America is not a good place for them. However, There are many black people who love America and think it is a good system for them, For instance many African Americans who have served in our military have dedicated their
life to protecting the US, theres a lot of successful Black Americans but youll never hear from them, their busy trying to succeed. The disgruntled ones have the loudest voice. Probably goes both ways like that

Injuns ... i mean native americans, are always saying whites should go back to yurp. Lots of white liberals say the same thing too. Why is that allowed and even applauded? THINK

Racist hiring practices take jobs from Blacks and other minorities, even today.

Bullshit.

Racial wage discrimination was completely eradicated from the labor market by the early 70s and has not reappeared.

Blacks earn a greater reward in terms of labor market gains for each additional year of schooling than do whites.

hurt current Blacks and other minorities chances of getting into very selective colleges.

Bullshit. We have Vietnamese boat people who arrived here penniless, suffering huge trauma, being victims of harrowing events and many suffered from torture and imprisonment and their children outperform blacks who were raised here, who speak the language, know the customs and who benefit from condescending hand-holding from white America.

Racist hiring practices take jobs from Blacks and other minorities, even today.

Bullshit.

Racial wage discrimination was completely eradicated from the labor market by the early 70s and has not reappeared.

Blacks earn a greater reward in terms of labor market gains for each additional year of schooling than do whites.

hurt current Blacks and other minorities chances of getting into very selective colleges.

Bullshit. We have Vietnamese boat people who arrived here penniless, suffering huge trauma, being victims of harrowing events and many suffered from torture and imprisonment and their children outperform blacks who were raised here, who speak the language, know the customs and who benefit from condescending hand-holding from white America.

I think you have misinterpreted the stats. But bigots are known for their bias.

MANAGERIAL AND DECISION ECONOMICS
:

The analyses of the General Social Survey data from 1974 to 2000 replicate earlier findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth that racial disparity in earnings disappears once cognitive ability is controlled for. The results are robust across many alternative specifications, and further show that blacks receive significantly greater returns to their cognitive ability than nonblacks. The trend data show that there was no sign of racial discrimination in the United States as early as 1970s. The analyses call into question the necessity of and justification for preferential treatment of ethnic minorities.​

[

Botswana is pretty nice, as is Kenya for the most part (radical Muslims excepted of course).

I've heard good things about botswana too. But then it's just a tiny country of a few million people. Says little about africa as a whole.

[ theres a lot of successful Black Americans

Not really. Only blacks with good jobs got the jobs thru affirmative action. I'll admit the black pro athletes got their jobs on merit but they don't count since they're useless entertainers.

If you're a black businessman or scientist but got the job by taking it from a more qualified white, that's not success. THINK

[
MANAGERIAL AND DECISION ECONOMICS:

The analyses of the General Social Survey data from 1974 to 2000 replicate earlier findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth that racial disparity in earnings disappears once cognitive ability is controlled for. The results are robust across many alternative specifications, and further show that blacks receive significantly greater returns to their cognitive ability than nonblacks. The trend data show that there was no sign of racial discrimination in the United States as early as 1970s. The analyses call into question the necessity of and justification for preferential treatment of ethnic minorities.​

This is well known. If blacks are qualified, they get good jobs and good pay. Problem is few are qualified. Same thing with women. Blacks and women just don't have the technical skills of white males.

My ancestors are American. Most of the black folk in America have ancestors that are American. Why do you assume that black folk in America do not have American Ancestors too? Or are you saying everyone should move back to the square mile that their oldest known ancestor originated from? HUH?

shootspeeders jumped me some time ago for calling him racist.

Why is it wrong to say blacks should go back to africa.?

Condemned by his own OP. Any body who defends the OP is racist.

Well, he is stupid. I'm not defending his actions, simply pointing out he probably has no ideas or thoughts of his own.

I̶n̶j̶u̶n̶s̶ ̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶i̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶e̶r̶i̶c̶a̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶u̶r̶p̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶a̶u̶d̶e̶d̶?̶ ̶ Think!

MANAGERIAL AND DECISION ECONOMICS
:

Tell you what bucko, you keep posting articles written by someone a continent away as proof...lol.

The wage gap is a statistical indicator often used as an index of the status of women's earnings relative to men's. It is also used to compare the earnings of other races and ethnicities to those of white males, a group generally not subject to race- or sex-based discrimination. The wage gap is expressed as a percentage (e.g., in 2012, women earned 80.9% as much as men aged 16 and over) and is calculated by dividing the median annual earnings for women by the median annual earnings for men.

The Equal Pay Act was signed in 1963, making it illegal for employers to pay unequal wages to men and women who hold the same job and do the same work. At the time of the EPA's passage, women earned just 58 cents for every dollar earned by men. By 2011, that rate had increased to 82 cents. Minority women fare the worst. African-American women earn just 69 cents to every dollar earned by white men, and for Hispanic women that figure drops to merely 60 cents per dollar. Asian women are the exception, earning 87 cents for every dollar earned by white men--a sum higher than women of all other races/ethnicities as well as African-American and Hispanic men.

Read more: The Wage Gap | Infoplease.com The Wage Gap Infoplease.com

YearWhite
men
Black
men
Hispanic
men
White
women
Black
women
Hispanic
women
1970100%69.0%n.a.58.7%48.2%n.a.
197510074.372.1%57.555.449.3%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Read more: The Wage Gap by Gender & Race Timeline History (White, Black, Hispanic, Men & Women) The Wage Gap by Gender Race Timeline History White Black Hispanic Men Women

Forum List

Back