Why is Ja Morant in trouble for having a gun?

So you get your gun grabbed for a small shot of Kaluha in your coffee?

Good grief...

What if your apple cider starts to ferment before you notice....

The standard should be IMPAIRED. If you are IMPAIRED you should not have a gun. A field sobriety test with camera should be sufficient.
thats what having laws that violate the 2nd a do for you,,

thats why I am against all gun laws and fully support the 2nd A,,

the standard is the 2nd A,,

Come on, seriously? Look at the video: He was looped.

Probably high on pot too, which would constitute a felony.

That's the evidence. You do not have a video of him taking shots. Nor smoking weed. Doubt you'd convict....

It is amazing that a small amount of weed while owning a gun would constitute a felony. Hitler would really like that one!!!

thats what having laws that violate the 2nd a do for you,,

thats why I am against all gun laws and fully support the 2nd A,,

the standard is the 2nd A,,

Agreed.

The standard for "confiscation" should be something really serious, not a shot of Kaluha or a bong hit, or you didn't vote for Traitor Joe...

laws dont allow a person to carry a gun,, thats a god given right protected by the constitution,,

Of course. But laws do prevent ineligible people from carrying firearms, and prevent people from using them in irresponsible manners.

At least that's the way laws are supposed to work.

Agreed.

The standard for "confiscation" should be something really serious, not a shot of Kaluha or a bong hit, or you didn't vote for Traitor Joe...
I dont see anything in the 2nd A that supports confiscation of any kind,,,

Of course. But laws do prevent ineligible people from carrying firearms, and prevent people from using them in irresponsible manners.

At least that's the way laws are supposed to work.
laws cant and dont over ride rights or the 2nd A,,

thats the way rights are supposed to work

The law is not after him. The NBA is after him (25 games no pay) for conduct detrimental (2nd violation).

The NBA commisioner (who looks like an alien) is more lenient than the last guy.

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

I am trying to figure out why he is in trouble for having a gun?

Why isn't the NRA out defending him?

Why aren't right wing, conservatives defending him?

Isn't gun rights a big thing for the right?

Ja didn't put anyone's life in danger, he was in his own vehicle.

He acted the fool....again.

He needs to mature

So you get your gun grabbed for a small shot of Kaluha in your coffee?

Good grief...

What if your apple cider starts to ferment before you notice....

The standard should be IMPAIRED. If you are IMPAIRED you should not have a gun. A field sobriety test with camera should be sufficient.

Suppose you get stopped and police find that you're carrying a pistol and a bag of weed in your pocket. Are they going to test you to see if you're high? Nope. There are three things in this world that don't mix: Guns and alcohol, guns and drugs, and guns and stupidity.

I've carried a Glock 19 every day for the last 12 years: One in the chamber, 15 in the magazine, and two spare 15-round magazines of 124 grain XPT. I'm a lifetime member of the America gun culture, collect and repair firearms, and handload my own ammunition for 10 different calibers. I strongly believe in the Second Amendment, and that everyone should own as many firearms as they want, as long as they're not a prohibited person.

But just as I believe the left are a bunch of gun-grabbers who would like to confiscate all firearms in this country, I also believe that stupid, irresponsible people who don't use common sense or don't follow a few simple rules are doing nothing but giving the left more ammunition for their goal of confiscation.

Suppose you get stopped and police find that you're carrying a pistol and a bag of weed in your pocket. Are they going to test you to see if you're high? Nope. There are three things in this world that don't mix: Guns and alcohol, guns and drugs, and guns and stupidity.

I've carried a Glock 19 every day for the last 12 years: One in the chamber, 15 in the magazine, and two spare 15-round magazines of 124 grain XPT. I'm a lifetime member of the America gun culture, collect and repair firearms, and handload my own ammunition for 10 different calibers. I strongly believe in the Second Amendment, and that everyone should own as many firearms as they want, as long as they're not a prohibited person.

But just as I believe the left are a bunch of gun-grabbers who would like to confiscate all firearms in this country, I also believe that stupid, irresponsible people who don't use common sense or don't follow a few simple rules are doing nothing but giving the left more ammunition for their goal of confiscation.
thats amazing,,
youre complaining about gun grabbers while advocating for grabbing guns from people you disagree with,,

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

You should direct that question to the leftists who control the democrat party....they are the ones who push gun control, and demonize law abiding gun owners.....

You still don't realize that the democrat party is the problem......

The NBA has bent the knee to the left wing, woke monsters......again, go ask the left....go ask the democrats....they are the ones who seem to be persecuting this guy....

If he isn't breaking the law, I defend his Right to own and carry a gun and to post photos....

The problem you have is the democrat party is anti-gun, and they will bring their power to bear on the NBA to punish this guy...

The NRA isn't the problem here...the democrat party is.

Brandishing is a big no no in any public place. When he displayed his weapon while in the car, I doubt that amounts to anything but Ja being irresponsible. The NBA sees it the same and they are spanking the guy for it.

As for the NRA, well they have their own issues.

thats amazing,,
youre complaining about gun grabbers while advocating for grabbing guns from people you disagree with,,

Nope. I'm simply requesting that people don't do stupid shit, and follow the laws the rest of us are obligated to do. The Second Amendment is fine and dandy, but it's a right that can be forfeited. Would you carry a concealed weapon without a concealed carry permit? Would you carry open or concealed in a post office, a courthouse, or on the grounds of a public school? Even you would follow those laws, wouldn't you?

Nope. I'm simply requesting that people don't do stupid shit, and follow the laws the rest of us are obligated to do. The Second Amendment is fine and dandy, but it's a right that can be forfeited. Would you carry a concealed weapon without a concealed carry permit? Would you carry open or concealed in a post office, a courthouse, or on the grounds of a public school? Even you would follow those laws, wouldn't you?
why is it so hard for you leftist to understand laws dont over ride rights protected by the constitution??

why is it so hard for you leftist to understand laws dont over ride rights protected by the constitution??

"Leftist"? I'm a far right-winger, dawg. You're barkin' up the wrong tree, it ain't me who has the word "progressive" in his USMB handle.

"Leftist"? I'm a far right-winger, dawg. You're barkin' up the wrong tree, it ain't me who has the word "progressive" in his USMB handle.
quit lying to yourself,,

youre arguing from a leftist perspective and have no respect for our rights protected by the constitution,,

Forum List

Back